Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

I Have Decided To Be An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Decided To Be An Atheist (2319 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
luqxxee:
As a young of just 20 I was born into a Muslim family though my dad doesn't pray his five daily prayers but beliefs strongly in Allah. I on the other hand wants to correct my parents mistakes so enrolled myself into Islamic school at 15. but then a point came in my life where I started doubting some stuffs about my religion like the miracles like dividing the moon into two, commanding trees to bow down and so on. The idea of a supernatural being controlling the lives of over a billion people on earth sounds illogical to me. But then i still cannot believe that we living on earth is by chance. somebody please help me.
Knowledge is freedom my friend.
A lot of things in religious books are just outright lies.
Religion itself is illogical. Why would the creator of the universe come to earth just to lead humans to war against other humans?
Can you comprehend the sheer size of the universe, the earth might as well be an atom compared to it. And yet a creator chose earth and the only knowledge he could share was how to properly keep slaves.
If God was real, most religions would be an insult to it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by hahn(m): 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
luqxxee:
As a young of just 20 I was born into a Muslim family though my dad doesn't pray his five daily prayers but beliefs strongly in Allah. I on the other hand wants to correct my parents mistakes so enrolled myself into Islamic school at 15. but then a point came in my life where I started doubting some stuffs about my religion like the miracles like dividing the moon into two, commanding trees to bow down and so on. The idea of a supernatural being controlling the lives of over a billion people on earth sounds illogical to me. But then i still cannot believe that we living on earth is by chance. somebody please help me.

Continue to research and read and free yourself from mental slavery

This is where god belongs

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by emmayayodeji(m): 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
luqxxee:
u have made the right choice grin just live ur life be good to people life is to short to be believing fairy tales stay cool grin

2 Likes

Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by toslex00001: 3:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
I think the wrong argument is been made.... What we should be talking about is if there is a superior spiritual being or if the universe exploded out of nothing.. Then from here you can look into how you want to serve the being.... My 2cents
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

why not counter the points I gave up there rather than preach to me?

plunge me to destruction? Hahahahahahahahaha you sound new on the religion section Hehehehehehehehe
I was once in ur shoes, I pray u would one day realize what am telling u.
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
Karlovich:
just look at the jiirzzus loves u crew desperately trying to grab him, hahahaha so that their tyrant will allocate a mansion for them in the high heavens
But brother........I do love them embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Auki: 10:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
Quran 54:1-2 The Hour has come near, and the moon has split [in two]. And if they see a miracle, they turn away and say, "Passing magic."

Comparing God and NASA narrative!!!

Your problem is not the above verse. Your problem stems from doubts on whether Quran was revealed by God to prophet Muhammad.

Shaitan suggestions seem fair onto you.

Advice:

Pray you five daily prayers on time in congregation.

Seek knowledge of your Deen especially Qur'an.

Decision is yours, wishing all the best in life.
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Wilgrea7(m): 12:37am On Feb 20, 2017
luqxxee:

i appreciate your open mindedness... I'm not much of a theist-atheist argument person.. I'll agree that some doctrines are absurd.. but religion doesn't equate to God.. God exists outside religion.. that's why some people are called deists.. the existence of God is sure.. regardless of religion... i once gave a scenario of 10 people claiming to make a robot... for the fact that they all make that claim doesn't mean the robot wasn't indeed made... its either one of them is telling the truth or they're all lying... but saying the robot popped into existence is against all logical reasoning methods.. I'm not here to tell you how the Muslim God is false and the Judeochristian God is the true one... no... its all about doctrine.. doctrine of the nature of God.... doctrine doctrine doctrine... that's what causes religious conflicts.. but its not always about proving who is wrong and who is right... its about the actions you've taken based on those doctrines/beliefs... its ok to question your faith.. just make sure when you do it you go into unbiased research instead of listening to one sided answers from people on nairaland... i wish you the best in your new journey... I'll advise you to research and study yourself.. the existence of a supreme being is sure... we humans just have problems knowing its nature.. i wish you the best in your journey and i hope you see the light like i did... cuz when you do... you'll be a lot stronger... peace

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 20, 2017
taofeek11:

Sure!

The splitting of the moon: Narrated Anas, that the Makkans requested Allah's Messenger to show them a miracle, so he show them the splitting of the moon. (See Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 4, Hadith No. 831).

Even scientist has discover that d moon was once spitted b4, pls check NASA report, they will explain most better. Allah knows Best.
shocked shocked
Someone tell me I'm dead and got plunged into an alternate universe.

Cc teempakguy, Johnnydon22.
You're the physicists. Abeg tell me how this happened grin
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 20, 2017
SirWere:

shocked shocked
Someone tell me I'm dead and got plunged into an alternate universe.

You're the physicists. Abeg tell me how this happened grin
It's a classic trick.

1. make false claim
2. Attribute to scientists
3. Reap admiration of dullards.
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
Teempakguy:
It's a classic trick.
1. make false claim 2. Attribute to scientists 3. Reap admiration of dullards.
But Nasa.. Nasa said so grin grin
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by logoscope(m): 7:21am On Mar 05, 2017
Lennycool:

Knowledge is freedom my friend.
A lot of things in religious books are just outright lies.
Religion itself is illogical. Why would the creator of the universe come to earth just to lead humans to war against other humans?
Can you comprehend the sheer size of the universe, the earth might as well be an atom compared to it. And yet a creator chose earth and the only knowledge he could share was how to properly keep slaves.
If God was real, most religions would be an insult to it.
...and then go to hell.
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 05, 2017
luqxxee:

Well, maybe you should read the Bible, especially the Gospels, I.e the first four books of the New Testament. That'll be a start.

I'm reluctant to ask you to try Christianity YET because lots of so-called "churches" these days are worse than witches' covens.

you couldn't have created yourself, you were created, same as every other being. So, as you read the Gospels in the Bible, ask the Supreme Being, the Creator of all to direct you.

If you ask with sincerity, you'll get an answer and you'll know what to do.
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 05, 2017
luqxxee:
Sowi bro but if I were a Christain since I would've become an atheist since

Tautology
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Breakdbond: 8:06am On Mar 05, 2017
ethene:

ur absolutely wrong brother, I know u may have gone deep in ur new found belief(Atheism) but Jesus loves u don't allow the devil plunge u into destruction. Come, come to Christ and experience a new life.
If Jesus "truly loves him", Jesus will go to ANY LENGTH to save him.... Hw far has your Jesus gone for him?
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 05, 2017
OP I'm glad you are not scared to point out the illogical things In religion.
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Breakdbond: 8:17am On Mar 05, 2017
Ioannes:

Well, maybe you should read the Bible, especially the Gospels, I.e the first four books of the New Testament. That'll be a start.

I'm reluctant to ask you to try Christianity YET because lots of so-called "churches" these days are worse than witches' covens.

you couldn't have created yourself, you were created, same as every other being . So, as you read the Gospels in the Bible, ask the Supreme Being , the Creator of all to direct you.

If you ask with sincerity, you'll get an answer and you'll know what to do.
From the bold, he cannot create himself, fine and good, then your Supreme being has a creator too, because from your logic no being can create himself.
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 05, 2017
Breakdbond:

From the bold, he cannot create himself, fine and good, then your Supreme being has a creator too, because from your logic no being can create himself.

One, You read my post but you didn't comprehend it. There's nowhere in my post where I said no being can create himself. So that wasn't my logic, it's yours.

Two, try and do this exercise by yourself, if the Supreme being we call God was also created by somebody, well, who created that somebody? Then you'll have to keep asking yourself ad infinitum who created the person that created the person that created the person that created the person... Till infinity.

If you on the other hand don't believe in creationism, then I'll assume you believe in the famous theory of the big bang!

So here's another set of questions you need to ask yourself, what banged? Surely, nothing can not just bang. There has to be something that banged right? So what was that thing that banged and how did it come to be?

Second question, what made it bang?

It's not possible for NOTHING to just bang all by itself without it existing first as something and then being acted upon by a force that made it bang.

Even Einstein wasn't an atheist, and he's one of the most brilliant scientist that has lived so far.
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Breakdbond: 9:03am On Mar 05, 2017
Ioannes:

One, You read my post but you didn't comprehend it. There's nowhere in my post where I said no being can create himself. So that wasn't my logic, it's yours.

Two, try and do this exercise by yourself, if the Supreme being we call God was also created by somebody, well, who created that somebody? Then you'll have to keep asking yourself ad infinitum who created the person that created the person that created the person that created the person... Till infinity.

If you on the other hand don't believe in creationism, then I'll assume you believe in the famous theory of the big bang!

So here's another set of questions you need to ask yourself, what banged?Surely, nothing can not just bang. There has to be something that banged right? So what was that thing that banged and how did it come to be?

Second question, what made it bang?

It's not possible for NOTHING to just bang all by itself without it existing first as something and then being acted upon by a force that made it bang.

Even Einstein wasn't an atheist, and he's one of the most brilliant scientist that has lived so far.
Lol... Must one believe in something? Big bang is still a theory... The bottom line is we don't know our beginning YET. And from the bold above, you see why the idea/theory of a God/Supreme being creating other beings flaws? And can you elaborate more on this
"It's not possible for NOTHING to just bang all by itself without it existing first as something and then being acted upon by a force that made it bang"
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by orisa37: 10:52am On Mar 05, 2017
The Difference between you and I is "The Faith". I value a Father and God and have One in OLODUMARE and I believe.
So what's the argument about? Why must you all the time shout on rooftops that you're an atheist? Freedom of association man. Join your Cult and God The Universe that you don't know and respect will judge you at His Pleasure.
Re: I Have Decided To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
Breakdbond:

Lol... Must one believe in something? Big bang is still a theory... The bottom line is we don't know our beginning YET. And from the bold above, you see why the idea/theory of a God/Supreme being creating other beings flaws? And can you elaborate more on this
"It's not possible for NOTHING to just bang all by itself without it existing first as something and then being acted upon by a force that made it bang"

What you've asked me to elaborate on is the whole essence of the truth of life.

Have you ever asked yourself, how did you come to be?

Yes I know the whole idea of sexual intercourse and conception, but how did man come to be.

How is it that some things are alive and some things are not alive?

How is it that you are conscious of yourself as a separate being, yet some other living things don't have that consciousness.

All you see around you, beings, the stars, the living and none living things how did they come into existence?

Was it by accident? Or premeditated arrangement?

Some human beings get to a stage when they ask these all important questions. That's how philosophy the mother of science was born...by man gazing into the skies and wondering...

(1) (2) (Reply)

What My Phone Did When I Told It To Prove To Me That Its Maker Exists - jesusjnr / Bishop Oyedepo Visits Bishop Abioye's Family After Abioye 's Father Passed Away / Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Int. Wants To Control Everybody / Everything In Ghana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.