Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor (20902 Views)

I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast / BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93-daily Buzz SA / President Mugabe Rules Out Retirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
Gaara101:
The stupidity in this thread is astounding. Queen Elizabeth is a monarch and not a president. Till she dies, she will remain queen. That's how it has always been.
Gosh!
Guy God Bless you, I say God bless you again, God bless you, your Generation and your unborn Generation.
It's so annoying that people would be so dumb to compare the reign of that "power drunk" dude in Zimbabwe with the reign of her majesty the Queen of England.
well not every one on Nairaland is well read cuz if they were they would know better

2 Likes

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
tchuwey:

He's greedy because he's African. How old is Queen Elizabeth and how long have she been in power?
are u normal? Is she elected? Abi is Oba of benin elected?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by irynterri(f): 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
tchuwey:
He's greedy because he's African. How old is Queen Elizabeth and how long have she been in power?
let me assume you are not educated because i don't want to insult our country's educational system by believing you are a product,there is a difference between monarchy and democracy, queen Elizabeth is the Queen of England due to generational lineage not election while Theresa May is the Prime minister bringing it down to nigeria Emir sanusi is the emir of Kano while Ganduje is the governor, Mugabe is a democratically elected president whose sit -tight policy to power is a shame to African political sphere,call a spade a spade that someone is an African does not mean you should support his wrong doing

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
Shortyy:

Don't mind those idiots. Someone will just type any trash that comes out of their rotten brain. Let Buhari stay for more than 8 years in office and let's see if Nigerians won't stone him to death.
I was surprised when I saw it as well. Its really shocking to see that someone would want to compare monarchy and democracy in this particular context.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by kolaaderin: 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
tchuwey:

U need to be seriously informed, how will you be putting the queen in the same context as Mugabe. one is a monarch whose rein is a life time just like king of saudi arabia, king of Brunei, king of benin, king of ife and that of your village king, the only difference is some have a larger territory and more powerful, while mugabe claimed to be president, which is never for a life time because presidential system of government is a system which required a serving period of time and not life.
if he so desires to remain in power for life let him declare himself as a king over every possible tribe in his country and make it a single kingdom just like the arabians and i wish him goodluck in that.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by gee99: 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
NNVanguard:
It's unfortunate that we have the likes of this man as political leaders in Africa who don't no when and how to leave the stage when the ovation is loudest.
Atoh angry
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
grin no be dis man dem talk say im corpse self go rule Zimbabwe? One hell of a country.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by davide470(m): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
tchuwey:

She is not 93 and her office is just a ceremonial office, almost zero power there.

2 Likes

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by savagefinder: 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
Shortyy:

Smh for you. Is Zimbabwe practicing Parliamentary or Presidential system of Government?
u say you are short and ur pic says you are tall.. don't confuse us ejoor...nice shape tho ;-)
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
tchuwey:
Jesu!!! shocked Are u this dumb? Did you just compare the two?
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by bankylan: 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
panafrican:
Has the Queen of the UK retired yet after 65 years in power?

You are ignorance personified...

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
zxcvb:

Guy God Bless you, I say God bless you again, God bless you, your Generation and your unborn Generation.
It's so annoying that people would be so dumb to compare the reign of that "power drunk" dude in Zimbabwe with the reign of her majesty the Queen of England.
well not every one on Nairaland is well read cuz if they were they would know better
Thanks.
I agree with you on the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
tchuwey:

You are a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by napoleon77(m): 4:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
adegeye38:

How can u compare both?, whats the similarity between a dictator who has refusedvto give up power and a monarch who has a right to rule until death?

Get your facts right!

Does the constitution allow him to run for another election?

How is he a dictator? Because the West do not like him? Has he not won elections? Do you have any evidence that his election victories were rigged?

So it's OK for a monarch to rule until death but wrong for an African leader to continue to stand for elections if the country's constitution allows it?
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by bojobulege: 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
tchuwey:

Oga, England has had a constitutional monarchy in one form or the other since 1688 and severe limits on the power of the monarch since 1215.
There is no moral equivalence.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by teebaxy(m): 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
tchuwey:
do they practice monarchical system of government in Zimbabwe?
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by napoleon77(m): 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
irynterri:
let me assume you are not educated because i don't want to insult our country's educational system by believing you are a product,there is a difference between monarchy and democracy, queen Elizabeth is the Queen of England due to generational lineage not election while Theresa May is the Prime minister bringing it down to nigeria Emir sanusi is the emir of Kano while Ganduje is the governor, Mugabe is a democratically elected president whose sit -tight policy to power is a shame to African political sphere, call a spade a spade that someone is an African does not mean you should support his wrong doing

Get your facts right! The UK is a monarchy and a democracy.

There is no such title as the Queen of England! Your educational system should have enlightened you that the monarch is called the Queen of the UK and Northern Ireland and NOT the Queen of England.

If the constitution of Zimbabwe allows him to continue standing for elections then fine. What do you mean by his "sit tight" policy ? Mugabe is democratically elected like you said, so what's wrong if he continues to stand for elections based on his country's constitution?
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Cyriloha(m): 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
He spoke on tv and you saw him live abi

Oya Nigerians where is una own president?
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by cstr100: 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
napoleon77:

There is no such title as the Queen of England! Your educational system should have enlightened you that the monarch is called the Queen of the UK and Northern Ireland and NOT the Queen of England.

If the constitution of Zimbabwe allows him to continue standing for elections then fine. What do you mean by his "sit tight" policy ? Mugabe is democratically elected like you said, so what's wrong if he continues to stand for elections based on his country's constitution?
grin
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Ranchhoddas: 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
tchuwey:
What a foolish comment!

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
tchuwey:

The money spent on you in the shool was a waste since you can't differentiate btw a Queen/King and a democratically elected president

shm

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by elrony(m): 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
Shortyy:

Don't mind those idiots. Someone will just type any trash that comes out of their rotten brain. Let Buhari stay for more than 8 years in office and let's see if Nigerians won't stone him to death.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by blackfase(m): 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
...That is a possibility. Looks pretty much like God doesnt want the man around him, at the same time seems like the devil has his own standards, do i guess Uncle Mugs gonna be around for a while still....

YoungBlackRico:
grin no be dis man dem talk say im corpse self go rule Zimbabwe? One hell of a country.
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by napoleon77(m): 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
Gaara101:

I was surprised when I saw it as well. Its really shocking to see that someone would want to compare monarchy and democracy in this particular context.

Britain is a monarchy and a democracy but that's not the point in this context.

Does the constitution of Zimbabwe allow Mugabe to stand for election again? If yes, then it's legal.

Has it ever been proven that Mugabe is an illegitimate president or that he rigged elections?
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by napoleon77(m): 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
bojobulege:

Oga, England has had a constitutional monarchy in one form or the other since 1688 and severe limits on the power of the monarch since 1215.
There is no moral equivalence.

Great Britain or England?
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Ranchhoddas: 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
napoleon77:

Oga keep quiet! No one is asking him to step down because of constitutional reasons; he's being asked to step down because of his obvious inability to steer the affairs of his country in the right direction, his ridiculous way of governance, his age, among other valid reasons. No dey form wise man. If it was for constitutional reasons, he would have no choice.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Johnhug66(m): 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
[color=#000099][/color] ;Dand I don't see d stupidity in u leaving any time soon
iamawara:
Lol. Buhari will rule Nigeria just like Mugabe

Drop your insults here \___/ or make sure you make the first page so that you will display your stupidity just like I did grin grin grin grin
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by napoleon77(m): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Oga keep quiet ! No one is asking him to step down because of constitutional reasons; he's being asked to step down because of his obvious inability to steer the affairs of his country in the right direction, his ridiculous way of governance, his age, among other valid reasons. No dey form wise man.

You too keep quiet!

He is being asked to step down? By who? You? Let the electorate decide if they don't want him. It happened in Gambia and Nigeria.
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Vizzim: 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
The position is his birthright.
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by Ranchhoddas: 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2017
napoleon77:

You too keep quiet!

He is being asked to step down? By who? You? Let the electorate decide if they don't want him. It happened in Gambia and Nigeria.

By the opposition and disillusioned Zimbabweans.
Re: Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor by napoleon77(m): 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Oga keep quiet! No one is asking him to step down because of constitutional reasons; he's being asked to step down because of his obvious inability to steer the affairs of his country in the right direction, his ridiculous way of governance, his age, among other valid reasons. No dey form wise man. If it was for constitutional reasons, he would have no choice.

If your points are valid then like the electorate decide. Isn't that how a democracy works?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ukraine Rejects Russia's Demand For Surrender In Besieged Mariupol City / Israel-Palestine War: Lagos Suspends Airlifting Of Pilgrims. Brings Back 310 / Taliban Official: Strict Punishment, Executions Will Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.