Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) (26608 Views)

Yahoo Boy Kills His Hunched Aunt In Ebonyi (Photo) / Herdsman Rapes 14-Year-Old Girl In A Farm In Ebonyi (Photo) / Mob Buries Robbery Suspect Alive In Ebonyi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by dre11(m): 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
By NGOZI UWUJARE

In a manner that recalls the devilish excesses of the biblical Jezebel, 24-year-old Jacinta Ewa Omiko, is alleged to have murdered her pregnant co-tenant, Ginika Gabriel, because the victim’s child defecated on the ground.

The evil act happened in the compound where they reside at Akpoh, a village in Afikpo North Local Government Ebonyi State, following an altercation.

Omiko was alleged to have hit Gabriel on the head with a kitchen stool and she slumped. She died within minutes following the failure of efforts by neighbours to revive her. Her body was subsequently deposited at God’s Seed Funeral Mortuary, Afikpo, awaiting autopsy.

Sunday Sun learnt from the Commissioner of Police, Eboniy State Command, Mr. Titus Lamorde, that the incident took place on January 28, 2017. On the fateful day, Omiko had a hot exchange of words over the fact that the little child of Gabriel defecated on ground in the passage of the house where they live.

At the headquarters of the Ebonyi Police Command where she is being held while investigation progresses, the suspect, Omiko, told Sunday Sun in an interview: “What happened was that I asked my neighbour, Gabriel, to clear the feaces of her son on the floor of the passage, to avoid people stepping on it. She ignored me and we began exchanging words. Then a fight ensued and I pushed her down.”

In the course of the fight, Omiko allegedly hit Gabriel with the kitchen stool.

Shedding light on the incident, one of the neighbours of the duo, Gabriel Uro said: “I was harvesting my yam in the farm when I heard that Omiko and Gabriel fought in the compound. I also heard that Gabriel died on the spot. So, I went immediately to report the case at the Afikpo North Police Station and Omiko was arrested.

The case was then transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) as Sunday Sun gathered from Mrs Tina Ogbodo, the Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of the State Criminal Investigation Department, who also disclosed that detectives had recovered the kitchen stool allegedly used by Omiko to hit Gabriel. Ogbodo added that the command was still awaiting the autopsy done on the deceased.

Meanwhile, the family of Gabriel has made a passionate appeal to the police to do diligent investigation and also prosecute the case properly.

“We want justice to be done. Our late sister Ginika Gabriel was a quiet woman. We cannot understand why someone should kill her just like that because her child defecated on the ground.

We want justice to be done. We believe God will fight for us and God will take care of the children she left behind,” a member of the family said.

In apparent response to the desire of the family, Lamorde assured that the suspect would soon be charged to court.

http://sunnewsonline.com/woman-kills-pregnant-co-tenant-in-ebonyi/

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by ipobarecriminals: 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
angry sad angry sad sad angry angry angry shocked Killeripob. Dnt bother to jail/waste taxpayers money to feed the jezebel ipob of a woman.Hang her.

10 Likes

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by hungryboy(m): 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
Na dis kind thing were dey make people talk say "No allow devil use you "
Devil don use this woman head play guitar

Now she go relocate permanently to Prison yard

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by dorry62(f): 2:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
But why are people this wicked?

5 Likes

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by dingbang(m): 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
dorry62:
But why are women this wicked?
cool

2 Likes

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by ufuosman(m): 2:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
I don't really understand wot is really happening sometimes, wot kind of wickedness is dis? Na she will blame devil.
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by Epositive(m): 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
small time beef is common in face me and face you houses(compounds) ,today wahala, tomorrow fight, my eyes have seen related cases, nawa**** back to the topic, lesson learnt. stay away from fight no matter the provocation... "walk away" attitude would have this woman's life.

#positivevibes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by dorry62(f): 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
cool
You!  
You did not have to edit my post
'cause of this.
Everybody knows that the ratio
of disheartening cases everyday-
Male:Females =40:1

3 Likes

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by dorry62(f): 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
Double post
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by dingbang(m): 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
dorry62:

You!  
You did not have to edit my post 'cause of this.
Everybody knows that the ratio of disheartening cases everyday-Male:Females
40:1.

are you trying to call God a liar?
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by dorry62(f): 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
are you trying to call God a liar?
How?
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by oyonu(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
Miss Omika you are very wicked. You killed a pregnant woman because of shit. Mehn you are mean. As u don kill am so, abeg go chop the body and carry the house put for head. Even the devil is afraid of you.
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by gqboyy(m): 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
This is why am afraid to lay my hand on anybody

2 Likes

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by dingbang(m): 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
dorry62:

How?
it is said in the bible that problems originate from women
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by seangy4konji: 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
end time tinz
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by Monalisa185(f): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
and one goat up there is bringing in tribal bigotry into this.... Human beings sf...

1 Like

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by ichommy(m): 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Oga O
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by Hades2016(m): 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
RIP ....
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by YOUNGrapha(m): 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Igbo Igbo fear them cheesy
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
dis is lesson to everybody here...

learning to manage your anger is a very good thing.
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by searchng4love: 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Recession is getting to people.. Frustration and aggression hypothesis at work
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
angry
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by oluwatunde1984(m): 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
why always eboyi

1 Like

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
YOUNGrapha:
Igbo Igbo fear them cheesy

Keep Kwayet

1 Like

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by martinz1: 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Wow
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by Leriebloom(f): 7:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by Ayoswit(f): 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
k
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by dreamworld: 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
Drainage face cone headed afonja

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by femolii: 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
R I P
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by kabrud: 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
These are the people who claim to be educated with "forward mentality"as against being backward. This disgusting brand of education can be very amusing.
grin grin grin
Re: Woman Kills Pregnant Co-tenant In Ebonyi (photo) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
After they will call Nigeria A Zoo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term / Man Commits Suicide After Gambling Against Barca in UCL (Video) / Two Sisters Beat Up Ex-husband For Marrying Their Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.