Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:50 AM

What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? (4331 Views)

Read Reasons Why Your Mascara Isn’t Working For You / Why Do Women Open Their Mouth When Applying Mascara / How Should The Eye-liner, Kajal, Mascara, Eye-shadow Be Worn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by tegasgirl(f): 12:10am On Dec 09, 2009
I'm really into my lashes, the biggest mascara fan there is

I was just wondering what mascara brands y'all use?
I'm after jessica rabbit type lashes, long and thick

I don't really mind any price but I don't like the vibrating ones, I can't come and blind myself because I want to look fine.

I'm also not keen on those double ended ones, too much wahala.

Has anyone tried diorshow?

Thots?:-)
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 09, 2009
"waves hand. mascara freak myself" I got a sample of diorshow a while ago and please dont waste your money. Mascaras that give me the falselash effect include, L'oreal Collagen mascara, Prestige false lash effect mascara(boots), Max factor 2000 calories, L'oreal voluminous in carbon black. Drug store mascaras are cheap and sometimes perform better than high end brands. If you have money to waste you can try Yves Saint Laurent false lash effect mascara, it will set you back 20 odd pounds and only last you 3mths.

Vibrating mascaras are a gimmick and a potential hazard waiting to happen lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 09, 2009
Zoom by Mac

Love it. . . . kiss
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by ubiaa5(f): 1:56am On Dec 09, 2009
cover girl volume exact n revlon double twist,both cheap but very effective.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by tegasgirl(f): 9:40am On Dec 09, 2009
ubiaa5:

cover girl volume exact n revlon double twist,both cheap but very effective.

The nice people at covergirl don't think that those of us in the UK deserve to use covergirl angry, none of their products are readily available

FL Gators:

Zoom by Mac

Love it. . . . kiss

are you serious? I heard somewhere that MAC mascaras weren't really good undecided  does it give both length and volume?

Ebonyeyes:

"waves hand. mascara freak myself" I got a sample of diorshow a while ago and please dont waste your money. Mascaras that give me the falselash effect include, L'oreal Collagen mascara, Prestige false lash effect mascara(boots), Max factor 2000 calories, L'oreal voluminous in carbon black. Drug store mascaras are cheap and sometimes perform better than high end brands. If you have money to waste you can try Yves Saint Laurent false lash effect mascara, it will set you back 20 odd pounds and only last you 3mths.

Vibrating mascaras are a gimmick and a potential hazard waiting to happen lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

thanks o, i was just about to shell out #20 on the diorshow.does the l'oreal collagen give you length as well?
My problem with the mascaras from boots and superdrug is that they cost #10-#12, my gripe is that putting an extra #6 will get a better brand name.

to be honest though, the only expensive mascara i used that sorta worked was chanel inimitable or whatever its called.

i've also tried Maybelline collosal and it gave me collossal lashes wink

any anyone tried Lancome mascaras?
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2009
When I wore the Loreal Collagene mascara, my mom asked if I was wearing falsies, that thing works. Also I got asked if I wore falsies when I used to use the Lancome L'extreme mascara, its abot 20 odd pounds but my dear its a credit crunch and I cannot afford to shell out that much for a product especially now that drug store products do the job for cheaper. Spend your money on things that matter like foundation and powder wink
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by tegasgirl(f): 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

When I wore the Loreal Collagene mascara, my mom asked if I was wearing falsies, that thing works. Also I got asked if I wore falsies when I used to use the Lancome L'extreme mascara, its abot 20 odd pounds but my dear its a credit crunch and I cannot afford to shell out that much for a product especially now that drug store products do the job for cheaper. Spend your money on things that matter like foundation and powder wink

i agree with you, its hard parting with your hard eaqrned cash on luxries nowadays wink
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 09, 2009
Wow, there's this brand i use.
It is amazing. I've never seen anything like it.

It's called All Natural.

You guys need to try it.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2009
tegasgirl:

are you serious? I heard somewhere that MAC mascaras weren't really good undecided  does it give both length and volume?
Works well for me. . . . worth all that cash

I might try lacome and see. . . .
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2009
OMO IBO:

Wow, there's this brand i use.
It is amazing. I've never seen anything like it.

It's called All Natural.

You guys need to try it.
Uhmmm, I bet you ogle beautiful female celebrities well "NEWSFLASH" They have on lashes of mascara and false lashes too undecided undecided
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Secretz(f): 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2009
Only recently started wearing mascara . . . but I like the rimmel london 'sexy curves' and benefit 'bad girl' mascara.

Ebonyeyes:

I might try this one. Ebony, Is it really that expensive though? and does it last long? grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by tegasgirl(f): 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Uhmmm, I bet you ogle beatiful female celebrity well "NEWSFLASH" They have on lashes of mascara and false lashes too undecided undecided

well said, at least we're talking about mascara not falsies, why don't you go to the motoring section or sumthin', leave us girls to it tongue
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 09, 2009
@ebony

Anything from l'Oreal and covergirl is a joke. Never again!!!
Got my face breaking out
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by tegasgirl(f): 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2009
Secretz:

Only recently started wearing mascara . . . but I like the rimmel london 'sexy curves' and benefit 'bad girl' mascara.

I might try this one. Ebony, Is it really that expensive though? and does it last long? grin

I've also been thinking of trying that benefit one, is it more length or volume?
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2009
Secretz:

I might try this one. Ebony, Is it really that expensive though? and does it last long?  grin
I think its under 10 pounds. I dont rate Rimmel Mascaras for some odd reason grin I have read so many bad reviews about Bad girl and its quite pricey too.  Old time favorites are Loreal Voluminous in Carbon black and Max factor 2000 calories. Full long lashes guaranteed and all under 10 pounds too kiss
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2009
FL Gators:

@ebony

Anything from l'Oreal and covergirl is a joke. Never again!!!
Got my face breaking out
Merciful heavens even their Mascaras break you out? shocked shocked? Well I dont use their skin care or foundations (They dont do my colour anyway) I use Bobbi brown foundation and powder and my skin is almost flawless with it on smiley
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2009
tegasgirl:

well said, at least we're talking about mascara not falsies, why don't you go to the motoring section or sumthin', leave us girls to it tongue
He can take his bullshite and shove it where the sun dont shine tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Merciful heavens even their Mascaras break you out? shocked shocked? Well I dont use their skin care of foundations (They dont do my colour anyway) I use Bobbi brown foundation and powder and my skin is almost flawless with it on smiley
rotflmao No. I tried their press powder.
I have a delicate skin, what can I say
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2009
FL Gators:

rotflmao No. I tried their press powder.
I have a delicate skin, what can I say
I dont trust Drugstore foundations and powders, they look cheap and tacky and I swear I break out just looking at them grin grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2009
Def not drugstores. . . . Big department stores sef, cant trust them
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2009
Me too, these days, I go without makeup on, Hopefully soon, my skin will become flawless so I will only need lipgloss and clear mascara grin grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Uhmmm, I bet you ogle beautiful female celebrities well "NEWSFLASH" They have on lashes of mascara and false lashes too undecided undecided

Ok then, put on your mascara and false lashes then i might just ogle when i see you. . . .
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2009
tegasgirl:

Calm down dear.

You asked a question,  . .
I responded.
Pssshhh
Why get your knickers in a twist??
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2009
OMO IBO:

Ok then, put on your mascara and false lashes then i might just ogle when i see you. . . .
Thats more like it, I knew you would come around grin grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 09, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Thats more like it, I knew you would come around grin grin
hey, anything for peace to reign.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 09, 2009
Hahaha your funny. Check your gfs purse and im sure you will find this amazing tool wink
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by madlady(f): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2009
@Ebonyeyes, Have you ever used Lancome kerercil (not sure about the spelling) used it for years, but cannot seem to find it anymore.I found it great, no bits, and did not make your eyes lashes stiff. Do you know of anything as good or better. kiss
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2009
@Madlady (Love the name grin grin)

The only lancome mascara I used was L'extreme and it was great but too stiff for my pocket grin. Maybe they have discontinued the product, you can try ebay grin. Drugstore products are good too Prestige false lash effect is pretty good, you can get it from boots for under 6pounds. Loreal voluminious and Max factor 2000 calories are great products that give you full lashes.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by madlady(f): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

@Madlady (Love the name grin grin)

The only lancome mascara I used was L'extreme and it was great but too stiff for my pocket grin. Maybe they have discontinued the product, you can try ebay grin. Drugstore products are good too Prestige false lash effect is pretty good, you can get it from boots for under 6pounds. Loreal voluminious and Max factor 2000 calories are great products that give you full lashes.

My user name gets me too much jabbing, those guys love to take the mic, but I am going deaf so I have started to like what they say now, only when i have a off day I tell them "madlady means I will shoot the next one who jabs me" grin grin grin grin

Funny think, I hate all the heavy duty Mascaras, the 2000 about the best of the lot, but I am still on the hunt for my ideal. I shall write down the rest you advice and try them, I am sure one will come up trumps. kiss kiss
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2009
Goodluck with the search hun smiley, Loreal has started doing a product that is supposed to make the lashes grow, hmmm im not so sure about the claim, we all know how these companies lie grin grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by tegasgirl(f): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2009
I heard about the l'oreal serum thingy, seems abit gimmicky.

Putting the serum AND the mascara just seems long, would much rather find that miracle mascara!!!!

On the subject, DO NOT, under any circumstance waste your money on revlon's beyond length mascara! I've never had such flaky, crispy looking excuses for lashes!

My sister uses lancome hypnose and she swears by it, I guess it's just a matter of trial and error,
Re: What Is Your Favourite Mascara Brand?!? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 10, 2009
Revlon mascaras are trash. I dont believe these new gimmicky mascara ads and like you say its all about trial and error, I will give you a makeup review site about mascaras http://makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?CategoryID=101&brandname=&Brand=&title=&submit=Find+Products if you hear good things about a mascara just go to this site and read about it and make your decision. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Top Female Fashion Houses In Abuja You Must Know / Feb 11 Ladies Dress Sense And Pose Style You Can Rock / Asoebi Styles For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.