Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? (2355 Views)

Nigerians Will See How Popular President Buhari Is In 2019 - Danu / May 30th Is Biafran Referedum Day- Ipob / Is This How Popular Sule Lamido Is In Jigawa? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by babyfaceafrica: 10:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lmao
Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by zendy: 10:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Opakan2:
To be honest, I feel nothing but pity for you lots.. some of you will think it's envy or fear of losing igbos but there's seriously nothing to envy about you guys.

You people have nothing to sustain that region in the event of breakup. The SS that ya'll think will go with you have right to decide what they want and from all indices, they are not interested in biafra. Wike confirmed this

you people will be so poor in that region that you will end up eating yourselves with the nutrients rich ugwu leaves all over the place

Obviously we don't think alike.. igbos look in one direction and go not minding the possible outcomes and how it will favour them.. something yorubas and the North don't have
so you see why they are always the odd ones out in everything

So what is the problem of Nigeria letting them go?
Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by Blue3k(m): 12:47am On Feb 20, 2017
zendy:
If a referendum is held in the greater Igbo confederation, by this I mean the 5 Igbo states (excluding the Igalas of Anambra and the Idomas of Enugu states), the Anioma area of Delta, the 6 villages of Igbanke/Igbo Akiri (Umu-oluah,Igbontor,Ake,Olije,Ottah,Idumodin) in Edo state. The Igbos of the lower Benue, the Umu-Ezeokoha people. The Rivers Igbo (Etche, Ahoada, Ndoki, Asa, Ikwerre etc)

I will be shocked if at least 85% do not vote for independence from Nigeria as Biafra.

If the referendum extends to the "proposed" area of Biafra (the SS/SE area excluding Edo state but not Igbanke plus the Igbos of the lower Benue)

I think the percentage would drop but the majority will still vote to leave.

85% popularity that's significant. Even better than Catalan referendum results in 2014. I guess the political movement should get together and get ready for it in 2023. I say 2023 because I don't see anyone organizing in year. All the movements needs is popular political in states you suppose have the popularity.

As long as it doesn't get too militant it should work well. Like I tell others seperarists the only people who will trigger the referendum is people who want it. Catalonia it by themselves, Scotland did it by themselves, lastly Crimea to Russia.
Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by IPOB123london: 1:06am On Feb 20, 2017
^^^^ and in the zoo the TRIGGER means shooting dead unarmed IPOB and u are not saying anything
Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by OmidinaKayode: 1:08am On Feb 20, 2017
Opakan2:
To be honest, I feel nothing but pity for you lots.. some of you will think it's envy or fear of losing igbos but there's seriously nothing to envy about you guys.

You people have nothing to sustain that region in the event of breakup. The SS that ya'll think will go with you have right to decide what they want and from all indices, they are not interested in biafra. Wike confirmed this

you people will be so poor in that region that you will end up eating yourselves with the nutrients rich ugwu leaves all over the place

Obviously we don't think alike.. igbos look in one direction and go not minding the possible outcomes and how it will favour them.. something yorubas and the North don't have

Shakirudeen, My yoruba muslim brother, we must continue to pretend we don't care about Biafra and scare the Iboes from loving Biafra. We pray to Allah to make them hate Biafra and unite with our muslim pro-fulani skulls under the banner of one nigeria. We all know that deep in our yoruba muslim skulls, IDP camps and emirates will multiply in our region if Biafra goes but we must continue to lament against Biafra, paint a bad picture of hunger in independent Biafra and cry more than the bereaved.

Our yoruba muslim skulls are wise. Insha Allahu! grin grin

Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by Blue3k(m): 1:12am On Feb 20, 2017
IPOB123london:
^^^^ and in the zoo the TRIGGER means shooting dead unarmed IPOB and u are not saying anything

I have on other topics many times. I think the soldiers are behave like undisciplined animals. Especially when they have history of beating up civilians.

Lol do you want to give your thoughts on odds of success and time table for states or cry more.
Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by OmidinaKayode: 1:12am On Feb 20, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol I do already focus on my state Akwa Ibom. Thanks for advice. Now focus on getting an actual movement going like Europeans independence movements. Nobody going to hold referendum for you. If you can nots get governments in any state to actually talk about it. You have only a fantasy.

Nobody on your case you guys hop on every thread crying about marginalization or wanting to leave zoo. In reality haven't taken actual steps political steps since civil war to do so.

Like I said biafra independence is in infancy still mere fridge unless you can win any seats in State or National Assembly.

Yes my dear, you are an 'Akwa Ibomite' who will unite your skull with our muslim yoruba and fulani skulls when when Biafrans go with their problems. Insha Allahu! grin grin
Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by zendy: 1:33am On Feb 20, 2017
Blue3k:

85% popularity that's significant. Even better than Catalan referendum results in 2014. I guess the political movement should get together and get ready for it in 2023. I say 2023 because I don't see anyone organizing in year. All the movements needs is popular political in states you suppose have the popularity.

As long as it doesn't get too militant it should work well. Like I tell others seperarists the only people who will trigger the referendum is people who want it. Catalonia it by themselves, Scotland did it by themselves, lastly Crimea to Russia.

Unfortunately no.

The democratic institutions that need to be in place dont exist.

Lets just assume Igbos or maybe Nnamdi Kanu or Uwazurike floated a party aimed at seeking independence from Nigeria, INEC most probably wouldnt register them because of their sessionist agenda.

But lets assume INEC does register them and they go on and win every political position in the SE or SE/SS area, then what?

They will still have to go to the National Assembly where Yorubas and Hausas will be waiting for them to move a motion for referendum.

With the NE/NC/NW/SW controling maybe over 80% vote at the National Assembly, what chances do you think a SE or combined SE/SS bill on independence referendum has?

Absolutely Zero!

So the basic argument here is that Lord Lugard cane from Britain and forced us all to be together, Lugard has gone back home. So let the Government conduct a referendum to know those who want to continue with Lugards 'one Nigeria' and those who wish to return to the way they were before Lugard came.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by ezeagu(m): 1:59am On Feb 20, 2017
Odingo1:

[/b]No, it is not inferiority complex[b],migration from northern Africa shows that Hausa/Fulani are related to Arabs while Igbos shows similarities of Jewish negro traits which is also found in Ethiopia black Jews. Yoruba on the other side migrated from Sudan.
This is a proven fact from archeological studies.

Which archeological studies?

2 Likes

Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by melodyogonna(m): 2:31am On Feb 20, 2017
Onechancearmy:

It's a sign of inferiority complex. Hausas are not Arabs and Igbo's are not Jews. They are both Africans.
are we talking about continents or tribes??
Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by 1Rebel: 4:38am On Feb 20, 2017
Opakan2:

You afonjas never dissappoint. grin
Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by orisa37: 6:02am On Feb 20, 2017
Very unpopular. Their Governors do not identify with the course.
Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by Blue3k(m): 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
zendy:

Unfortunately no.

The democratic institutions that need to be in place dont exist.

Lets just assume Igbos or maybe Nnamdi Kanu or Uwazurike floated a party aimed at seeking independence from Nigeria, INEC most probably wouldnt register them because of their sessionist agenda.

But lets assume INEC does register them and they go on and win every political position in the SE or SE/SS area, then what?

They will still have to go to the National Assembly where Yorubas and Hausas will be waiting for them to move a motion for referendum.

With the NE/NC/NW/SW controling maybe over 80% vote at the National Assembly, what chances do you think a SE or combined SE/SS bill on independence referendum has?

Absolutely Zero!

So the basic argument here is that Lord Lugard cane from Britain and forced us all to be together, Lugard has gone back home. So let the Government conduct a referendum to know those who want to continue with Lugards 'one Nigeria' and those who wish to return to the way they were before Lugard came.

Sound like your saying your not going anywhere no matter what. The point is to conduct vote and get popular support in the states you want to win 1st. I'll use Catalonia as an example their referendum was considered illegal. The fact is it was their Catalan parliament that held election.

The INEC might not or they may. I read rules and it seem clear. Don't make make sectional or tribalistic. Just keep neutral name. Make it free to join by anyone.

After you win seats in states SS-SE you have enough power and popularit to hold referendum to showcase resolve and get media attention in process. If people really want to just break off like Crimea or operate like Kurdistan that's another issue.

Combined bill might fail. SE-SS and SW would be power enough. Then politicians talk scratchet my back on this bill and I'll vote this way on next bill. Anything is possible but if your defeated before game starts no point.

orisa37:
Very unpopular. Their Governors do not identify with the course.

Interesting thought but governor aren't always in tune with populace.
Re: How Popular Is Biafran Secession Honestly? by Blue3k(m): 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
I would like to admit the movement is strong than I ounce believed. I saw this due to the Senator that helped Kanu get bail. I still wound about rest if SE politicians and future over all political movement though. I'll be watching to see how rest if trial turns out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facts How Nnamdi Kanu And Igbos Begged For His Release / Caption This Photo Of Emir Sanusi & Kano Gov Seeking Dangote's Attention / Who Is Richer Between Bola Tinubu And Diezani Madueke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.