Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians (13443 Views)

Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? / Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? / Humanists And Freethinkers: What Are Your Thoughts On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 10:17am On Mar 03, 2017
lepasharon:

lol you wot mate? grin lipsrsealed

kiss

I prophecy that you will mary Oyibo!

Tb Joshua style grin
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by lepasharon(f): 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
JackBizzle:

kiss

I prophecy that you will mary Oyibo!

Tb Joshua style grin

You must really hate me embarassed
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 4:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
lepasharon:

You must really hate me embarassed

There is nothing wrong with interracial marriages.
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by sonofluc1fer: 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
lepasharon:

cant marry a guy 'too intelligent' tongue lipsrsealed
cry cry
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by lepasharon(f): 2:51am On Mar 04, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

cry cry

lol sorry grin embarassed
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by lepasharon(f): 2:52am On Mar 04, 2017
JackBizzle:

There is nothing wrong with interracial marriages.

Ok..but I appreciate black men tho
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by mrmrmister: 7:52am On Mar 04, 2017
This thread sef
Lmfao!
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 8:11am On Mar 04, 2017
lepasharon:

Ok..but I appreciate black men tho

cheesy

black cucumber
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by bennyann: 9:32am On Mar 04, 2017
TheSunOfMors:
An atheist cannot be any more miserable than a Christian in the face of the unknown. Whether you know Jesus or not, reality unfolds the same, the pattern doesn't alter and the rules do not change. When it comes to the unknown, the Christian is not any less disadvantaged than the atheist. Yet, even at this point, intelligence is of great importance, being the most reliable weapon a sentient being can ever hope to employ in navigating through life and its hurdles. The stüpid are hopeless , luck is their only saving grace. Their fate is more or less sealed. There's no guarantee of "survival".

I'm sorry but I don't believe in the hopelessness of anyone especially when they are still alive. Their fate is not in your hands for you to know if it's sealed.

What if it happens the ones you call stupid, are stupid ONLY TO YOU? undecided

Seriously speaking, some of us don't have the right to Call others stupid. I wouldn't even be surprised if the "stupid ones" are intelligent in areas where you are not.

Is the unknown "when and where it MATTERS MOST"? Well, maybe for some, but deFINItely not for all. What do I mean? The meaning of life, the purpose of existence, the fate of the soul, those are WHAT MATTER MOST. These are no longer on my list of the "unknown", so nothing can possibly render my intelligence useless .

This is serious ooo shocked. Nothing can render your intelligence useless? Tell me something undecided intelligence you got or stole from people, or the one you get from your creation? Intelligence that keeps advancing or the one that's permanent? Intelligence that's been annulled or the one that's been accepted? Intelligence whose result isn't reliable or the one whose result isn't valid? Intelligence that hasn't come to a conclusion or the one that's still in the process of being realistic?

Of course, I'm not omniscient, for that's the province of Gods. In terms of the big picture, I'm cleared, even if I not privy to the fine details. That's all I need for my cosmic journey. I'm not all-knowing, but that's where evolution is taking us - to divinity. I know my fate, I'm a God-in-the-making, who has no cause to fear "unknowns", the knowledge of which makes me an elite soul.

Well, you're just like me then. I doubt if I fear the unknown but how can we know if we can decide not to fear what we don't know?

Besides, I didn't say you should be afraid of what you don't know. I don't preach fear dear, I only said what if the unknown is what matters.. But no need saying all these to you since you know the unknown and you know your fate.

I like your faith talk, at a point in time I thought you were a Christian grin. There's nothing wrong with encouraging yourself.

And can you make known your alternate moniker? lipsrsealed
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by lepasharon(f): 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
JackBizzle:

cheesy

black cucumber

undecided

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by mokkalu1(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
Only my very close friends know I am agnostic. Being from a very religious home, I know it will break hearts, especially my poor mother's if I come open. I know who I am and think it's better to keep my agnostic view relatively secret for the time being.

5 Likes

Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
lepasharon:

undecided

kiss

Sorry. cheesy
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
lepasharon:

undecided

Sorry.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRbscqKFNFm/

Abegiiii helep to view and like this video...........I wan blow........tell all the christian and agnostic people to view and like cc jackbizzle,bennyann,lepasharon
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by bennyann: 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
Dayvhid:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRbscqKFNFm/

Ok I don view am ooo, e remain for me to like am grin

Don't forget this is religion section ooo wink

Abegiiii helep to view and like this video...........I wan blow........tell all the christian and agnostic people to view and like
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 10:54am On Mar 12, 2017
Lepasharon!

Regarding being a trustee of a humanist organisation. We have to discuss offline.

Trustees must be chosen and a constitution must be drawn. up.

Of course, money must be generated to start the process.
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 10:58am On Mar 13, 2017
JackBizzle:
Lepasharon!

Regarding being a trustee of a humanist organisation. We have to discuss offline.

cc LiberaDeus

Waiting to hear from you guys...
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by lepasharon(f): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
JackBizzle:
Lepasharon!

Okay! Is it time for me to put my money where my mouth is tongue
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 7:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
lepasharon:

Okay! Is it time for me to put my money where my mouth is tongue

Good. Where liberadeus dey?
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by lepasharon(f): 1:32am On Mar 15, 2017
JackBizzle:

Good. Where liberadeus dey?

lol I dont know. We dont live together mate cheesy
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 1:42am On Mar 15, 2017
lepasharon:

Chills bae grin

I was asking generally! I didnt mean that you should know/answer for his whereabouts.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
TheSunOfMors:
An atheist cannot be any more miserable than a Christian in the face of the unknown. Whether you know Jesus or not, reality unfolds the same, the pattern doesn't alter and the rules do not change. When it comes to the unknown, the Christian is not any less disadvantaged than the atheist. Yet, even at this point, intelligence is of great importance, being the most reliable weapon a sentient being can ever hope to employ in navigating through life and its hurdles. The stüpid are hopeless, luck is their only saving grace. Their fate is more or less sealed. There's no guarantee of "survival".

Is the unknown "when and where it MATTERS MOST"? Well, maybe for some, but deFINItely not for all. What do I mean? The meaning of life, the purpose of existence, the fate of the soul, those are WHAT MATTER MOST. These are no longer on my list of the "unknown", so nothing can possibly render my intelligence useless. Of course, I'm not omniscient, for that's the province of Gods. In terms of the big picture, I'm cleared, even if I not privy to the fine details. That's all I need for my cosmic journey. I'm not all-knowing, but that's where evolution is taking us - to divinity. I know my fate, I'm a God-in-the-making, who has no cause to fear "unknowns", the knowledge of which makes me an elite soul.

Intelligence will ALWAYS separate the enlightened from the ignorant. Maybe, the same fate awaits them - reaching the omega point of existence - one definitely has an advantage over the other, and is certain to reach his destination sooner and lord it over the slacker. But you're right, at some point, they'll become inseparable, except that the ignorant would have more bruises, and would have wasted more time.

True, they're all beliefs, but they affect the pace at which each person "moves". Therefore, they're NOT irrelevant.
you sound like son of luc1fer
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thread fucking revived.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
SirWere:
Thread fucking revived.

Sharrap!

Na to only revive thread you know?

Put action to words and lets form a humanist NGO.
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
JackBizzle:

Sharrap!
Na to only revive thread you know?
Put action to words and lets form a humanist NGO.
NG what lipsrsealed
Ain't ready for that right now lipsrsealed
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 4:30am On Mar 16, 2017
SirWere:
NG what lipsrsealed

Ain't ready for that right now lipsrsealed

undecided

Opportunity doesn't wait for you to be ready.
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by LiberaDeus: 8:20am On Mar 16, 2017
lepasharon:

Why do you have to deny me brutally? why oh why

JackBizzle am still here. Anytime you ready am ready
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:31am On Mar 16, 2017
I hope you are not confusing Atheism for Freethinking or a Freethinking Position?
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 8:49am On Mar 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I hope you are not confusing Atheism for Freethinking or a Freethinking Position?

Atheism is a freethinking position.

It does not mean that all atheists are freethinkers because some people are born into atheist families.
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Pastafarian: 8:49am On Mar 16, 2017
I'm starting to think the monicker sapiosexualitty above is Kingebukasblog
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 8:55am On Mar 16, 2017
Pastafarian:
I'm starting to think the monicker sapiosexualitty above is Kingebukasblog

grin grin

That would be hilarious.
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 9:10am On Mar 16, 2017
LiberaDeus:

Why do you have to deny me brutally? why oh why

JackBizzle am still here. Anytime you ready am ready

Good. just wanted to know before we get started

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio / What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye / 3 Kids Tortured By Prayer Houses & Thrown Into Streets Of Akwa Ibom Rescued(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.