Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,019 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:33 AM

I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... (2051 Views)

8 Things You Should Know About Unanswered Prayers / Unanswered Prayers / Reasons For Unanswered Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Masogemstones(m): 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
"For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you... Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto) ..." (Rom 1:9,10,13).

THERE is a charming story of a little boy who was overheard praying for a pair of skates for Christmas. When the moment came and the last package had been opened and there were no skates, someone asked him why God had not answered his prayer. The boy reflected for a moment and replied, "He did answer. He said, 'No.'"

There can be no doubt that "No" is an answer as well as "Yes." But, if you consider your own thought in the matter and the current use of words, you will discover that for the most part people think of an answered prayer as one where the request was granted and in cases where the request is not granted, we call the prayer unanswered. The problem of unanswered prayer has been a great one, and it has exercised the souls of many true believers.

My Dear Fellow Christian, Sometimes ... Gods answers to your prayer may be NO! But in all, thank Him... He has your best interest at Heart.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Martinez19(m): 12:22am On Feb 20, 2017
But if God answer is no, why don't he tell you so that you don't waste your time believing something that will never happen?

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by EternalTruth: 12:46am On Feb 20, 2017
Martinez19:
But if God answer is no, why don't he tell you so that you don't waste your time believing something that will never happen?
also happened to me and thus my faith was shipwrecked due to unanswered prayers and waiting for two good years.
I was so devastated. Wondered why God didn't reveal to me aforetime so that I won't waste my precious years waiting.

But thanks be to God i pulled thru n recovered

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Martinez19(m): 12:49am On Feb 20, 2017
EternalTruth:
also happened to me and thus my faith was shipwrecked due to unanswered prayers and waiting for two good years.
I was so devastated. Wondered why God didn't reveal to me aforetime so that I won't waste my precious years waiting.

God needs to change his ways. It is similar to the method of a charlatan. He should not be surprised if no one makes heaven.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by EternalTruth: 12:58am On Feb 20, 2017
Martinez19:
God needs to change his ways. It is similar to the method of a charlatan. He should not be surprised if no one makes heaven.
sound like you're losing faith already?
It's always painful and at times dunno what to answer someone asks "has God disappointed you or failed you before?
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Martinez19(m): 1:16am On Feb 20, 2017
EternalTruth:
It's always painful and at times dunno what to answer someone asks "has God disappointed you or failed you before?
well yeah, it as if he doesn't exist. It is as if man just made him up. What did you pray for?
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by hopefulLandlord: 4:39am On Feb 20, 2017
Nothing fails like prayer

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
Masogemstones:
"For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you... Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto) ..." (Rom 1:9,10,13).

THERE is a charming story of a little boy who was overheard praying for a pair of skates for Christmas. When the moment came and the last package had been opened and there were no skates, someone asked him why God had not answered his prayer. The boy reflected for a moment and replied, "He did answer. He said, 'No.'"

There can be no doubt that "No" is an answer as well as "Yes." But, if you consider your own thought in the matter and the current use of words, you will discover that for the most part people think of an answered prayer as one where the request was granted and in cases where the request is not granted, we call the prayer unanswered. The problem of unanswered prayer has been a great one, and it has exercised the souls of many true believers.

My Dear Fellow Christian, Sometimes ... Gods answers to your prayer may be NO! But in all, thank Him... He has your best interest at Heart.

I like this thread. You are correct. We do tend to think that way. God knows best. Rest assured God ALWAYS answeres prayer. It's either "yes", "no" or "wait"...but He will answer in His perfect will and way.
We have to be open to how God answers....
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by EternalTruth: 11:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
Martinez19:
well yeah, it as if he doesn't exist. It is as if man just made him up. What did you pray for?
2014 - job
2015 - open doors cos things were rough
2016 - admission

None was provided and I felt so sad and depressed
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by EternalTruth: 12:01am On Feb 21, 2017
MZLady39:

I like this thread. You are correct. We do tend to think that way. God knows best. Rest assured God ALWAYS answeres prayer. It's either "yes", "no" or "wait"...but He will answer in His perfect will and way.
We have to be open to how God answers....
Nice profile picture, sorry are you married?
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by enshy: 12:05am On Feb 21, 2017
Great piece Brother in Christ,
We gave our lives to Christ and pledged full surrender to His will.
A Xtians identity is therefore Submission out of Constrained nd Deep rooted Love or Love expressed in uncommon sheepish submission to Gods will.
Where God cannot take us, let us not get there!
What God would not provide, let us not have!
We are soldiers on a mission and we wont be distracted by meat nd drink..'for all things work together for good...', 'my thoughts towards are of good nd not evil...', 'how shall he who freely gave us son, not by Him give us all things'
The song says 'Take, take the world and its toys, Take it and its pomp, Jesus my portion for ever.
Im conclusion Paul says 'what shall separate us from the love of Christ......Im persuaded thay neither death nor life....'
Im crazily in Love with Him who saved me and destroued the power of sin, self, satan nd sickness.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
EternalTruth:
Nice profile picture, sorry are you married?

Thank you...and no, i'm not married.
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by EternalTruth: 5:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
MZLady39:

Thank you...and no, i'm not married.
okay can we hook up and have a private interaction ?
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by frank317: 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
EternalTruth:
U just de get admission and u de online de look for woman. Better concentrate on your studies. Or are you hoping for God to answer this lustful prayer?

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by EternalTruth: 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
frank317:

U just de get admission and u de online de look for woman. Better concentrate on your studies. Or are you hoping for God to answer this lustful prayer?
ode so wetin bad to have a Private interaction with a lady.
Atheist you Berra respect ursef
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
EternalTruth:

Sir EternalTruth,
It's probably best we speak here... smiley

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by NnaNna4(m): 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2017
MZLady39:

Sir EternalTruth,
It's probably best we speak here... smiley

Are you still a kid to discuss private matters here.

You have to talk in private. U just fall hand. You be Christian no mean say u no get sense.
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by NnaNna4(m): 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
Well on the topic -THE ISSUE OF ANSWERS TO PRAYERS is complex.
I prayed so much for money in November 2016. Trust me, if the money had come then I would have been victim of MMM.

Part of the money later came in January when MMM had become failure. So I used The money for the Rice biz it was intended for.

When u pray u get feedback from God and demons at once. WGod gives u, make u wait or "Not yet".

But demons will quickly Rob you, make u doubt (remember you not supposed to doubt for once) or discourage you. But it will always look like God Didn't Answer. Shalom

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by otemanuduno: 12:05am On Feb 22, 2017
EternalTruth:
How do you pray to Satan(Yahweh) and expect a response?

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2017
NnaNna4:

You have to talk in private. U just fall hand. You be Christian no mean say u no get sense.

Hi Sir NnaNna,
Although I don't know why my words (to someone else) have affected you..unless you are him, I still thank you for allowing me a way to address something.
Not only am I a fully grown Christian woman (with an abundance of sense), but I'm probably way older than you.. and most of the folks in here. See my moniker.
I have chosen to not answer my "pms" for two reasons which I won't discuss.
I posted my pic because I'm not ashamed to put a "face" with the threads and comments I make. I take responsibility for all of it. Just in case you're thinking that I could be posting a fake pic, "1" person on Nairaland has confirmed (through video call) that I am the woman on the pic...and I have confirmed he is the person on his pic as well.
I realize that Nairaland has lots of people with multiple "face-less" monikers...most of the time with no pics and joking, slandering, or bullying folks for no reason. And some people have "justifiable" reasons for not revealing who they are....
Of course, it's easy to be verbally courageous though when the person is "face-less".
I originally joined N.L. in December 2016...deactivated twice...and just returned on Feb. 14th. I came to Nairaland for one reason (which was not to find a spouse)..but now my focus has shifted on the type of threads I want to create.
I made some mistakes with answering "pms" when I first came to the site. A wise woman learns from her mistakes and makes better choices the next time around. It's not about being fanatical...but it is about being "discriminating" in a wise and harmless way. I'm comfortable right now speaking on this public forum (in this manner for now) and that's not to "ignore" or "reject" anyone (cause I do humbly appreciate the interests).
Rest assured and with all due respect, I know how to have a conversation with grown men....and when/if I'm ready to answer one or more "pms" (even if they are harmless)....I, humbly, will.

Thanks for your concern though...
I don't know what "U just fall hand" means. I don't know Pidgin English....sorry. smiley

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by MrPresident1: 10:05pm On Feb 22, 2017
God has hidden Himself from the blackman, that is why the blackman is a mess worldwide.

However, you will find Him when you search for Him with all your heart.

But the firstfruits to know Him have arisen from slumber...Christ is risen from the dead, Hallelujah!!!

Negroes are the mentally spiritually dead people of the Bible smiley
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 23, 2017
EternalTruth:

People need to understand that God is a covenant keeping God. Prayer can't break his covenant. Prayer in most cases is a reminder to God for a fulfillment of your part of the covenant.

Until man fulfill a part of his deal with God, his prayers will remain unanswered.

Obedience to the covenant is the fastest way to answered to prayers.
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by donnie(m): 9:06am On Feb 23, 2017
Martinez19:

God never says NO. His answer is always "Yes" and we answer "Amen" -2Corinthians 1:20.

Problem is many ask amiss... they either do not know His will (His Word) or they do not understand the rules for different types of prayer.

Get the book "How to Pray Effectively" by Rev Dr Chris Oyakhilome.
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Martinez19(m): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
donnie:

God never says NO. His answer is always "Yes" and we answer "Amen" -2Corinthians 1:20.

Problem is many ask amiss... they either do not know His will (His Word) or they do not understand the rules for different types of prayer.

Get the book "How to Pray Effectively" by Rev Dr Chris Oyakhilome.
let me ask, have you ever prayed for something and it was done? Please list them.
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by NnaNna4(m): 11:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
MZLady39:

Hi Sir NnaNna,
Although I don't know why my words (to someone else) have affected you..unless you are him, I still thank you for allowing me a way to address something.
Not only am I a fully grown Christian woman (with an abundance of sense), but I'm probably way older than you.. and most of the folks in here. See my moniker.
I have chosen to not answer my "pms" for two reasons which I won't discuss.
I posted my pic because I'm not ashamed to put a "face" with the threads and comments I make. I take responsibility for all of it. Just in case you're thinking that I could be posting a fake pic, "1" person on Nairaland has confirmed (through video call) that I am the woman on the pic...and I have confirmed he is the person on his pic as well.
I realize that Nairaland has lots of people with multiple "face-less" monikers...most of the time with no pics and joking, slandering, or bullying folks for no reason. And some people have "justifiable" reasons for not revealing who they are....
Of course, it's easy to be verbally courageous though when the person is "face-less".
I originally joined N.L. in December 2016...deactivated twice...and just returned on Feb. 14th. I came to Nairaland for one reason (which was not to find a spouse)..but now my focus has shifted on the type of threads I want to create.
I made some mistakes with answering "pms" when I first came to the site. A wise woman learns from her mistakes and makes better choices the next time around. It's not about being fanatical...but it is about being "discriminating" in a wise and harmless way. I'm comfortable right now speaking on this public forum (in this manner for now) and that's not to "ignore" or "reject" anyone (cause I do humbly appreciate the interests).
Rest assured and with all due respect, I know how to have a conversation with grown men....and when/if I'm ready to answer one or more "pms" (even if they are harmless)....I, humbly, will.

Thanks for your concern though...
I don't know what "U just fall hand" means. I don't know Pidgin English....sorry. smiley

Please I do not intend to pick a quarrel. It doesn't matter your age(I don't know where you get the idea that you older than I am). What matters is wisdom.

Just as u are single there are men who are single and searching. They will meet you in public but some shy men prefer discussion in private. AND I SAY U GIVE IT TO HIM no matter the number of heart break, irresponsibility of men u have come across, maybe this one is the one GOD will use to "butue gi obi" ( my opinion anyway). Perhaps, he wants to say something that you will like to hear or do you have Avenue u believe Mr Right should connect from?

At any age consider it an opportunity to excuse a Man
Unless you are married. This section is not romance section where u have to be all open minded. I shook my mouth for this talk because any matter wey show for this place Na for everyone to contributete.
Husband scarce this days no dey fall hand
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 26, 2017
Sir NnaNna,
Oh....don't worry..no quarreling will occur. While I still will exercise some wise judgment, I thank you for your passionate advice. smiley
I still don't understand some of the "non English" & Pidgin English.

Ms. Ngozi
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by enshy: 4:53am On Feb 26, 2017
enshy:
Great piece Brother in Christ,
We gave our lives to Christ and pledged full surrender to His will.
A Xtians identity is therefore Submission out of Constrained nd Deep rooted Love or Love expressed in uncommon sheepish submission to Gods will.
Where God cannot take us, let us not get there!
What God would not provide, let us not have!
We are soldiers on a mission and we wont be distracted by meat nd drink..'for all things work together for good...', 'my thoughts towards are of good nd not evil...', 'how shall he who freely gave us son, not by Him give us all things'
The song says 'Take, take the world and its toys, Take it and its pomp, Jesus my portion for ever.
Im conclusion Paul says 'what shall separate us from the love of Christ......Im persuaded thay neither death nor life....'
Im crazily in Love with Him who saved me and destroued the power of sin, self, satan nd sickness.
In angels voice: 'God said it, I believe it and that settles it' 3x
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 5:49am On Feb 26, 2017
EternalTruth:

So the only reason why you served God was because you wanted Him to answer all your requests? How does this sound to you?

To me, it seems like you were in it only for what you could get, did you ever consider God's feelings too, did you ever submit to Him and say "Lord, let thy will be done"
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 26, 2017
NnaNna4:

Is this romance section?

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 5:58am On Feb 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Nothing fails like prayer
Since you don't pray to God, how would you know this?
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 26, 2017
Martinez19:

So by your definition of the word 'charlatan' everyone (including your parents, grandparents, ancestors-spouse) in authority over you that doesn't give you whatever you request for is a charlatan?
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:05am On Feb 26, 2017
Watch , this thread will make front page . The same arguments rehashed by desperate atheists . This bullshit is getting boring abeg .

Atheists in religions pray too especially the atheist witches and the atheists in Confuscianism . Deists who acknowledge the existence of God do not pray . In fact , anyone who believes God is an impersonal God does not pray to Him .

If this thread was created to impugn the existence of God by questioning the efficacy of prayer , then you must be very ignorant .(if this is not genuine)

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

RCCG Sunday School Teacher's Manual 7th January Lesson 19 : Topic - GAMBLING / Is It Ok For A Christian To Own A Hotel? / In The Beginning: Snakes Had Legs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.