Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Dana Air Captain Sings On Intercom Before Take-off + After Landing Lagos - Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air Captain Sings On Intercom Before Take-off + After Landing Lagos - Abuja (500 Views)

Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dana Air Captain Sings On Intercom Before Take-off + After Landing Lagos - Abuja by baturezango(m): 12:48am On Feb 20, 2017
I fly like ten times a year with domestic airlines within Nigeria. Last Saturday, when coming back from Lagos to Abuja, I flew with Dana Air. Before their incident, this was my regular carrier, but after that, it's just of recent I started to use them again. Before take off from Lagos, the Captain came through intercom, welcomed us, gave us flight infos - the usual thing. When I thought its all over, he said something like, "..for those who no understand my american english...." continuing in very deep pidgin english, to repeat, what he earlier said in "american english". Not done with that, he started SINGING a self composed praise-song about Dana-Air.

I was completely amused and watching other peoples faces, they thought alike me. I think we were all so stunned, that nobody clapped, but honestly, he just deserved to have some applause from us - the travellers.

On Arrival in Abuja, he did the same thing again. "American english" followed by pidgin, followed by a self-composed "Dana-praise-song" - singing a very warm bye-bye at last. My phone was off, I hurredly put it on and dubbed the final part on "whatsapp" I still have it, would like to upload it, but don't know how. Perhaps, I can whatsapp it to someone and the person helps me to upload it?

It was real fun; he brought some good humour into the hectic journey from Lagos to Abuja. On disembarking, I shouted into the cockpit: "Well done Captain, I like your song oooh!!" He laughed, showed me 2 thumbs up and I went down.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Captain Sings On Intercom Before Take-off + After Landing Lagos - Abuja by unofficial(m): 12:56am On Feb 20, 2017
A man that loves his job

(1) (Reply)

Laptops, Tablets To Be Banned On Middle East-US Flights / Dana Air Bags Leadership Brand Of The Year 2016 ….introduces Special Fares For C / Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.