Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Astonishing Secrets Successful Nigerian Business Owners Never Told You -Exposed! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Astonishing Secrets Successful Nigerian Business Owners Never Told You -Exposed! (509 Views)

5 Under 30 Youngest Successful Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs / How To Start A Business Online: Opinion From Successful Nigerian Entrepreneurs / The Secrets Successful Forex Traders In Nigeria Use To Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Astonishing Secrets Successful Nigerian Business Owners Never Told You -Exposed! by Comsol: 6:10am On Feb 20, 2017
I’m starting this thread because these guys gave me every reason to share the ice cream with others. I have mad respect for them so naturally it had to be done. All I used to have was a little pint of ice cream for myself and now I have an ice cream factory for everybody to eat from! There is a seat reserved for you at the table of abundance, but it’s up to you to work for it.

I will be explaining the secret sides of their success they never speak of, but have become glaringly obvious to those who study the WHY and HOW behind their success.

But before I dive into giving you some ice cream, a little bit about myself…
I was a wantrepreneur for a long time, but didn’t even know it. Yes, I ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed. Started a bunch of different businesses for all the wrong reasons so I ultimately failed at each one. A few years into it, I finally hit the bottom and got sick of the shit life I was living so I wrote into my journal and started reflecting. It went something like, “I’m tired of who I am. Tired of the life I’m living. Tired of seeing all my friends get ahead in their corporate job while I’m here trying to figure things out. Just sick of my life in general”. Bottom line, I was at my lowest point and the fire under my ass was burning so hot that I had no other choice but to take some dedicated immediate action to get real results…or risk being forever frustrated in the hamster wheel of the 9-5.

Studied some successful businesses very closely and began to see exactly what they were doing. I wasn’t looking for business strategies. I wanted to know and understand the mindset behind their success. Why were they doing X? How were they doing Y?

Started learning copy. I read some books and copied some sales letters by hand for a few months. Armed with my new knowledge of copy, I set forth to start a business. While interviewing many different people in many different industries, I discovered a real need that couldn’t be solved online but could be taken care of offline…I prefer offline businesses anyway so I jumped into it head first. You can start an offline business faster because you don’t have to spend months on software development.

30 days later my sales were in the low 5-figure range. Let me tell you…when you go from making crap money and barely scraping to get by, to suddenly making 5-figures a month the feeling is sweeter than a gallon of ice cream.

That’s my story in a nutshell. I left out a lot of the details of the mental struggle: broken heart, angry parents, isolated friends, etc. You get the point.

Now let’s dive into giving you some ice cream....
Re: Astonishing Secrets Successful Nigerian Business Owners Never Told You -Exposed! by Dujardin(m): 7:13am On Feb 20, 2017
Comsol:
That’s my story in a nutshell. I left out a lot of the details of the mental struggle: broken heart, angry parents, isolated friends, etc. You get the point

You havn't overcome the mental struggle! it's written all over ur misleading topic!

1 Like

Re: Astonishing Secrets Successful Nigerian Business Owners Never Told You -Exposed! by Comsol: 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
1 - LOVE THE HELL OUT OF OTHERS AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE ALL THE ICE CREAM YOU CAN EAT.

When you love others with a genuine heart, you become more present to their feelings which include their pains and needs. You approach them from the position of, “How can I improve this person’s life? How can I add value to this person’s life?” as opposed to, “Where can I get money? COME ON GIVE ME THE MONEY!”.
This is the mindset I see a lot of people have: “The XYZ market is a $50B market and is about to explode 30% within the next 2 years. I’m going to get into that and get a piece of the pie!”. The ice cream shop has the right to refuse service to anyone and does not serve those with that mindset. We only serve ice cream to those who love others and solve their pains. Well, maybe we’ll offer plain vanilla to the 99% who don’t.
Do you think someone will tell you their pains and needs if you genuinely show them that you want to help improve their lives? Or are they more likely to tell you their pains if you approach them from the angle of, “Hey would you buy this product from me? Come on, buy it!”
When you love the hell out of others, you begin building a brand with a noticeable heart. Customers WILL notice this and you will develop a loyal following. They will tell their friends and post it all over Facebook. You notice how Café Neo has a loyal following of fans? That’s because they show love for their employees and love for their customers by striving to always satisfy everyone’s needs. It’s a coffee joint with a frigging culture. I love it. The employees are always joyful as hell. The company has HEART and SOUL. Compare that to the majority of other fast food joints who are just a cold cash taker.
Sometimes it’s not always about profit. Love others first and the ice cream will come.
Love others. Drop the greed because it will blind you to opportunities for more ice cream around you. When you harness this mindset for a long enough amount of time, you will see the abundance of possibilities and realize the ice cream is everywhere. Fear and scarcity WILL be replaced by confidence and abundance.
The moment you stop caring about money is the moment you start making money.

(1) (Reply)

Clean And Customised Wordpress Designs / Water Tastes Funny Or “off” From Your Water Dispenser / A Deal - I Want To Raise N150,000 Via Article Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.