Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,890 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Youth Declination In The Policy And Politics Of Nigeria, Way Forward. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youth Declination In The Policy And Politics Of Nigeria, Way Forward. (381 Views)

Politics Of 2019 Heats Up Battle For APC Chair / Buhari Reminds UN Of The Policy On Self Determination And Seperation. / Osinbajo Inaugurates Nigeria Industrial Policy And Advisory Council (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youth Declination In The Policy And Politics Of Nigeria, Way Forward. by abimbolabolaw(m): 8:13am On Feb 20, 2017
YOUTH DECLINATION IN THE POLICY AND POLITICS OF NIGERIA, WAY FORWARD.

BEING AN ONLINE SPEECH DELIVERED BY OMOSULE ABIMBOLA LAWRENCE TO CELEBRATE THE BIRTHDAY OF THE ERSTWHILE EKSUSU PRESIDENT (COMRADE PEMISIRE ADEBAYO) ON THE 20TH OF FEBRUARY 2017.

Prodigy is a wonderful teacher, boss, leader, and friend. He is everything one could look for in a good mentor. He made working with him an interesting and memorable experience for me when he was the EKSUSU PRESIDENT. I will always be grateful to you for your support and kindness sir..I appreciate you for being a good mentor and for guiding me on the right path. I will always be thankful to you.

YOUTH AND POLITICS

Youths of nowadays have fresh and innovative ideas, Youth have less responsibilities and they have more zeal towards the betterment of the society

Policies affecting youth can be solved by the young people themselves rather than old politicians, who doesnt feel the contemporary problems young people are facing.

The involvement of youth in politics ensures inclusiveness.
Older politicians have to prove their loyalty to their political parties by supporting their authoritarian practices because of the long term commitment to their parties but Young people are at advantage in this case, because for youth, ideals and ideas dominate their commitment to the political parties.

Nigerian youths have so much to offer. The problem is that, they havent been given the opportunity to explore. Its about time the stuff young people are made up of are brought to the fore.Youthful life is full of energy and we can change many things because of our empathy and strong emotions for a particular cause which can bring about revolution and changes in the way the history is written.

There are also some obstacles to youth participation in politics in which one of it, is that.. many grown-ups are unwilling to listen to the youths, although not all of them are like this, most adults I have encountered believe that since we are young, we do not know anything about politics, which we know this isn't true. Another obstacle are the young people themselves... Indifference, I think, is a big problem as well. Either laziness or doubt makes them think that they cannot help to make this world a better place, when in reality, they would be surprised by what they are actually capable of accomplishing.

I want to appreciate powerful leaders like kayode oshinubi for giving the YOUTH hope by creating the YOUTH ARISE Forum..It is founded to give the youth a voice during the 2019 election and beyond. May God increases them in all aspect of their life.

Government and political parties should put emphasis on solving the youth related issues like unemployment, job insecurity and unstable social integration which could also be a de-motivation factor for youths by creating a youth friendly democratic and governance system in mainstream politics as well.

Also youth wings should not be used for supplying “foot-soldiers” for the parent party. The Youth have new innovative ideas, new technology, new solutions to problems faced by common people, much better understanding to the present situations. So, youth participation in a politics will lead to great change and a continuous progress of nation. Thank you for reading

Back to the birthday boy...

You touch so many lives with joy while and even after when you were the EKSUSU PRESIDENT. May your deepest wishes and dreams come true on your special day. May health and wealth always be your friends, may good luck and fortune always be by your side, may success and goodwill always be at your beck and call. You are a brilliant professor, extraordinary lecturer, amazing teacher, remarkable mentor and an inspiring counselor. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday leader.

#IYANU MASHELE

#iam_lawrencezi.

Re: Youth Declination In The Policy And Politics Of Nigeria, Way Forward. by Jafar1: 8:14am On Feb 20, 2017
k
Re: Youth Declination In The Policy And Politics Of Nigeria, Way Forward. by Horlufemi(m): 8:39am On Feb 20, 2017
Why is your face in this thread na

(1) (Reply)

Where Is PRESIDENT BUHARI ????? / Ike Ekweremadu To Lead Delegates To South Africa Because Of Xenophobia / Nigeria Needs Agric Equipment Not Guns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.