Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. (49713 Views)

Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
Continue to Love her and Pray for her, phone, laptop all that can't be replaced with Life. Life is precious, the devil wants to destroy ur Love for ur Mum by making u love material things.
If u can afford IPhone 180 buy it for ur mum. Cherish her, love her, whatever she is doing to u is just a token of wat u did to her, Wen u dey piss for her mouth u no know.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by chinnasa: 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Hi fellow humans, my beloved mother is unknowingly forcing me to hate her. She has suddenly become megalomaniac.

She always want to have the final say in every issue not minding the feelings of others. She doesnt waste time to switch her allegiance and love to any of her children that has it big at the very moment..

She is in her 60s but always believe she knows the current things more than us. Immagine the torchlight Nokia phone we bought for her she cant even operate it well, but now telling us that we dont love her because we didnt buy android touchscreen phone for her to be browsing.
What is she going to browse? when she cant even communicate with english fluently.

You will teach her one thing for many months and even spend years doing serial correction for her, yet she wont get it right.

She is also very ungrateful... She lacks nothing as we timely assist her with upkeep allowances. My Dad still provide for all her daily needs too.

Nairalanders i cant even say much, infact i thought of committing suicide yesterday because of her unbearing attitude...

This megalomania is destroying the love i once had for her.
Pls what do i do as i have tried talking to her about this severally, only for the peaceful talks to snowball into a fiercing quarrell ofwhich it echo reaches the next day.

Pls what should i do?

Na your mama u de cast online ? My dear not here cry
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by CoolVoice(m): 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Buying phone for her is not the problem.. we r many and can afford anything for her... Her level of education wont permit her to use such.

Man but with her level of education she ensure you're educated right? But now her level of education can't make her to use a smart phone? You must be kidding me cos you talk like a kid.. She needs a better visual at her age, she doesn't have to be pressing her eyes into the screen to make calls or look for contact and most especially she want to feel the fun you guys gets when you watch movie on your phone, play music or even do a video call... So bro if you can't teach her how to do those simple task then your education is a waste. I'm sorry i'm hash on you but it's the truth. So got forbid she passed away now you'll now contribute money for a Very Big Cow abi? 200k worth abi? Appreciate what you have now man or you'll hate yourself for having despised her the way you're presently doing. Every mother fight a good fight for every kids she have to ensure they make something meaningful out of life. Come to think of it can you count the number if times you've pissed her off and she continue to love you endlessly?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by obowunmi(m): 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Hi fellow humans, my beloved mother is unknowingly forcing me to hate her. She has suddenly become megalomaniac.

She always want to have the final say in every issue not minding the feelings of others. She doesnt waste time to switch her allegiance and love to any of her children that has it big at the very moment..

She is in her 60s but always believe she knows the current things more than us. Immagine the torchlight Nokia phone we bought for her she cant even operate it well, but now telling us that we dont love her because we didnt buy android touchscreen phone for her to be browsing.
What is she going to browse? when she cant even communicate with english fluently.

You will teach her one thing for many months and even spend years doing serial correction for her, yet she wont get it right.

She is also very ungrateful... She lacks nothing as we timely assist her with upkeep allowances. My Dad still provide for all her daily needs too.

Nairalanders i cant even say much, infact i thought of committing suicide yesterday because of her unbearing attitude...

Pls what do i do as i have tried talking to her about this severally, only for the peaceful talks to snowball into a fiercing quarrell ofwhich it echo reaches the next day.

Pls what should i do?

Your mother is mentally ill. Take her to see a psychiatrist.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by nanotechy: 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
If you think talking to your mom or running to Nairaland or some other thing will change your mom, you are making a huge mistake. If you already know her weakness, work with that and use that as the basis to love her. She wants an Android, what the f***k are you waiting for when you can afford it.... And what do you even think you are doing arguing with your mom? For a minute I thought you were one of my sisters whining about my mom. My mom thinks she knows more than all her children (with our PhD's and Master's)...she'll rather agree with a street urchin than us. Lol. We know these weaknesses, but we love her the more. You are lucky to still have your dad who's the only person who can talk to her. My advice, stop arguing with her and keep buying her gifts... And keep loving her

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
No Matter What Dear u got no choice buh 2 Love n Cherish Yur mother..MEGALOMANIAOR NO MEGALOMANIA...aw i Wished i stil got one..
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
Senorprinz:
just commit suicide and you'll be free from her forever.

Lol!

That approach will only create more emotional and health related crises, it will also break his/her mom's heart forever and she will live with that guilt for the rest of her life.

Your advice is hereby overruled

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Mruptolink: 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
My friend u are the same with your mum... That's while u people don't agree.. Just try and love her... Make her know u are man and dat u have a mind of ur own... Hating her will worsen d situation

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
In fact, you need help! The manner in which you described your mother shows clearly that YOU SURE NEED HELP.

For God's sake, how can you be so ungrateful and immatured that you totally RIDICULED your mother with this useless post?

You even contemplated suicide because of these reasons.......YOU REALLY REALLY NEED HELP!!
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by ThinkSmarter: 1:49pm On Feb 20, 2017
I suggest, u buy cheap Itel touch screen for her, or any other cheaper android in the mkt.
Choose to ignore her at times.
Getting infuriated and contemplating suicide over her actions is not the best.
I guess ur mom hv high ego that makes her think that her kid can't outsmart her in intelligence while in reality reverse z d case.
She thought that intelligence is by age.
Just, exercise perseverance in handling her, use wisdom.
Don't be rude.
Always overlook her actions.
Learn to handle and control ur temperament .
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by shuggah(m): 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
darbeelicous:
u don't love ur mother, u never did! When u have grown up kids, I'll understand more! Mtchewww.......
For now, karma is waiting for u!
where are u thinking from?
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Hitback2back: 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
You are here ranting because she didn't abort you.
How dare talk to your mom like that
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Princessfresh16: 1:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
Please take it very easy with her. I was about to have such a similar case
but God intervened through my friend and I begin to show my mum uncommon love
Please dear, try and go out of your way and show her unusual and uncommon practical
LOVE. Please, if you have the money buy it for her and forget about it. Do not argue any word with
her when ever she raises any subject. Just do the needful and keep calm. grin
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by EmmySparky(m): 1:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
proffemi:

Relax. Expecting people to bottle everything up usually leads to disaster (e.g., OP has already contemplated suicide). I see absolutely nothing wrong in asking for advice, and, yes, using strong language (if that is how s/he truly feels) as long as s/he remains anonymous. Either help him/her or move on.
even being anonymous does not justify this...i am thinking u could also do this kinda shii...one thing about life is being mentally strong...if another person's action is making u contemplate on taking ur life then bro ...u aint ready for life yet...continue defending morally decaded kids....
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by shehuolayinka(m): 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
I feel like insulting you, but I won't. And if you claim your mum is Megalomania, then you should know she is suffering from psychopathological. But seen your commonsense is not working, Let me just read comments
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by proffemi: 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Your mum has a right to want what she wants, either she's literate or not. The question is: can you conveniently afford what she wants? If you can, then get it for her. It's none of your business why she wants it. If you can't afford it, explain to her, and I expect her to be reasonable.

If, rather than going at the issue from the angle of affordability, you question her need for the device, you will get wahala, and deservedly so. It would be your fault.

In the typical African (I repeat, African!) culture, your parents don't have to earn your respect or love by thinking or acting right. In Africa, that respect and love is assumed, at least within reasonable limits. Being overbearing, or demanding certainly falls in the ballpark of what African parents can do without expecting to lose the respect or love of their children.

BTW, I see nothing in your post to suggest megalomania. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Thobiy(m): 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Hi fellow humans, my beloved mother is unknowingly forcing me to hate her.
Pls what should i do?
see question, No one can teach you on how to love your parent but always love your mum for whatever she does. You Will Soon Understand
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Marty2020: 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
mama na mama ooo, no matter what the case may be, your mum will always be your mum, both in thick and thin... love her well and accept whatever comes from her this is their time (age). she's still your mum
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by SirDavico(m): 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
chynie:
Dont buy it for her straight

send the money into her account and tell her to withdraw it and buy whatever she needs

she will be shocked at the cost and the value of money

so she will end up not buying it

Think so?
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by oglalasioux(m): 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
Every woman can make a baby but it takes a real woman to be a mother. Some women can drive their children to insanity.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by solexybadoo: 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ilias2:
The thing is if you cannot cope with your mum.. how are you going to cope with your wife.the thing is many families with there peculiar problems.. u cannot fix your mum to be right. .. it the work of your dad and the more you get attach to trying to fix her the one you loose your senses...
Also watch your language ..if you cant at least pretend to filter your language on an open platfom like it... it very bad..no matter how bad she is... we still have far more worse mothers out here...

My advise get it together. ..u and ur siblings should sit down with her with ur dad... dont coreect her cos u will never win that battle... just tell her how u fell..that all...
I see nothing wrong in what the op said.. He was only trying to explain...
ITK too much for nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Olabestonic001(m): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
Seems most people are underrrating how mothers like controlling things (especially those who don't have CHRIST in them).
@Op; you're just seeing things that your dad has endured in life all this while. She's really having major issues.
Now, don't commit suicide for your mother's problem! Kindly love her the more. But, you must be ready to BATTLE HARD ESPECIALLY ON HER HAVING THE FINAL SAY ALWAYS.
(1) Leave her vicinity and go and stay on your own (let her hubby manage her).
(2) Make your presence scarce (not too much though; visit her once in a month).
(3) Ensure you make all the important decisions on your own life; NEVER GIVE IN TO HER BLACKMAIL.
(4) Love her the more. Loving people does not mean they can manipulate you. Just ensure you have a good and easy conscience towards her.
(5) If she doesn't NEED something (like that phone), NEVER buy it for her. When we were young, our mothers didn't always buy all things we fancy, they give us only the important stuffs. So, since mum is growing younger too, kindly use same logic; otherwise, you'll become more frustrated by the days.
(6)Pray for her everyday and NEVER EVER BRING HER MATTER to every dick and harry who doesn't have a knowledge about how to love and relate with mothers.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by malachytochukwu(m): 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Pls what should i do?
You sound so disrespectful that I feel you are the one suffering from megalomania. .
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by chynie: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
SirDavico:

Think so?

Yeah, women find it hard to spend direct from their pocket on such things
but wouldnt mind demanding it as a gift cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by proffemi: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
EmmySparky:
even being anonymous does not justify this...i am thinking u could also do this kinda shii...one thing about life is being mentally strong...if another person's action is making u contemplate on taking ur life then bro ...u aint ready for life yet...continue defending morally decaded kids....

I agree with you; OP has issues he needs to work on.

But it is important that everyone has a chance to get things off their chest, no matter how awful (every one of us nurses dark thoughts from time to time). The crux of our disagreement is that you think he's disgracing his mum by calling her out in public, but I'm saying he's anonymous, which allows him to get stuff off his chest without really embarrassing himself or her. Or do you know their identities?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
How can you come online and start bad mouthing your mum? You get mind ooo. What is bad if she asked for a smart phone? If she wants it and you can afford it buy it for her. Leave her to learn how to operate it.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by SirDavico(m): 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
chynie:

Yeah, women find it hard to spend direct from their pocket on such things but wouldnt mind demanding it as a gift cheesy

Good to know if then
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Danialuone: 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
I love you and you are really trying .....But this is your mother ,no matter how,don,t be insulting to her,your mother is your mother ooo,never raised your voice against her no matter how and refrain from taking family issue to social media like this....you are still very young ,you need a lot of patience .....and now you have not marry,your woman will do something related to this...will you still be complaining.I know how you tried and how frustrated the situation was...but patience in great deal does it all...pls be patience with her.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by kzubyar(m): 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Pls what should i do?
she is your mother have patient
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Incrizz(f): 2:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma Unknowingly, You expect your mum to be same person she was when you were younger.smiley

When people grow older, its harder getting them to be agreeable unless you do it with a lot of patience and love.smiley

I'm sorry you almost felt like committing suicide but that's because you're..errrr...kinda ignorant as regards the elderly?smiley

Most peeps can relate with what you wrote but you on the other hand, didn't see it coming.smiley

Do you like to read? Do some research about the elderly; mannerisms, likes, dislikes and how to cope. The knowledge will build your tolerance I assure you.smiley

Plus, if the money is available, you've got to buy her that particular phone or give her the complete money to buy it.smiley

I know someone whose mother called saying she needed a flat screen Tv just only after recently buying her a different gadget she had requested for.

You gotta buy it.

Pls forgive her, "ungratefulness" and keep forgiving her. It's not going to be easy but just don't stop saying, "I forgive you" in your mind anytime she's acting up.

You're all going to be fine including Dad.smiley

Like most peeps have pointed out, this is exactly what your Mum must have felt while tryna raise you.

Say a prayer, "God I need your grace right now to be tolerant of Mummy. If you don't help me dear LORD, henhen.."

*As for that word "megalomania", I'd check it out later wink

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Alohamora(f): 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Pls what should i do?

This most likely sums up how your mom felt when she first had you..
Don't be such a deek,I know it can be frustrating at times but you just need to be patient with her. After all she was patient with you when you were niave till you became a know -it- all that can teach her things.

It should be noted that my reply is based on the assumption that you and your mother must have had a good relationship sometime.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Sanchez01: 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
You shouldn't talk about your mum in this manner! Honestly, I perceive you had an improper upbringing. That explains why you would paint your mother in such horrible manner.

Well, since you want others to teach you on how to cope with her, then I'd give you the little I have...

1. You were very greedy and ungrateful at some point in life but she swallowed your insensitivity and catered for you, even though you have branded her a lazy bum.

2. You are grown/growing and have attained the stage of responsibility, kindly repay her without complaining.

3. Trust me, you might be repaid in the same vein, if you don't map out plans to learn to make her happy.

4. If you cannot handle a 'megalomanic' mother, how on God's earth would you be able handle a nagging girlfriend/wife, if you don't have one, that is?

5. Your mum is obsessed with exercising power because she feels abandoned, that is just about the only way for her to be noticed. The same applies to a child whose needs are not met. They become rebellious just so they could be understood.

6. Your understanding of the word 'care' and 'love' is quite disgraceful. 'Timely assistance' is not enough. How about someone to talk with often? I mean her children; those ones who don't live with her?

7. Going by your post, I could deduce that your level of disgust for her is on a serious high; the one reason you would like to take your own life.

8. Mothers are demi-gods. I see mine that way. You should learn to start seeing yours the same. Every right thinking son/daughter/child should know this. You cannot have an unhappy mother/father and expect your sailings to be smooth.

9. You are a bad child, the same applies to your siblings.

10. Establish the place of communication with her often. She is hell bent on frustrating you because something is not right. Seek to write the wrong.

11. If you can do the above, then do what you propose - to commit suicide.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today / "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" / Woman Gives Birth To Snake In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.