Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,149 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. (49707 Views)

Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Katyusha(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
willibounce1:

Am sorry for your parents if you still have any.
ok.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by EHI9ICE(m): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
chynie:
Dont buy it for her straight

send the money into her account and tell her to withdraw it and buy whatever she needs

she will be shocked at the cost and the value of money

so she will end up not buying it

Sign me an autograph! please.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by popefuse(m): 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
I hear buh i no gree. Hou do i no wat u realy saying is the fact,if we call ur mum nw she would has somthing 2 say bout u. I av 2 hear ur mums first shikena
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by tommy589(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
it is either she has always been like that and you did not notice or she is now having a new friend/friends that advice her she is entitled to her kids possesions since you have come of age plus working, and can demand whatever she wants as your mother without the need to show gratitude.
Report her to your dad if you are yet to do so.IF you dont curb her now by engaging her in verbal war i pray she will not be a problem when you get married

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by lexy2014: 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Hi fellow humans, my beloved mother is unknowingly forcing me to hate her. She has suddenly become megalomaniac.

She always want to have the final say in every issue not minding the feelings of others. She doesnt waste time to switch her allegiance and love to any of her children that has it big at the very moment..

She is in her 60s but always believe she knows the current things more than us. Immagine the torchlight Nokia phone we bought for her she cant even operate it well, but now telling us that we dont love her because we didnt buy android touchscreen phone for her to be browsing.
What is she going to browse? when she cant even communicate with english fluently.

You will teach her one thing for many months and even spend years doing serial correction for her, yet she wont get it right.

She is also very ungrateful... She lacks nothing as we timely assist her with upkeep allowances. My Dad still provide for all her daily needs too.

Nairalanders i cant even say much, infact i thought of committing suicide yesterday because of her unbearing attitude...

This megalomania is destroying the love i once had for her.
Pls what do i do as i have tried talking to her about this severally, only for the peaceful talks to snowball into a fiercing quarrell ofwhich it echo reaches the next day.

Pls what should i do?
my oga u feel really pained and am sorry u feel d way u do.if u have had more than one mum,it would have been easy to compare which is better.unfortunately, u can't and u stuck with this lady 4 life so I advise u start looking 4 better ways of managing d young lady.its rare to c a mother who isn't always right.I don't no d meaning of megalomania...its big grammar but I no d meaning of love. its not big grammar but heavy.u can also check 1 Corinthians 13 for d meaning of love just d way I will check d dictionary for ur word.its difficult bro but when d time comes u will look upon ur mums lifeless body,u will stand head high knowing that u did ur bit for her.if this time passes u by,u can never have it again.when she's gone u will spend money on expensive coffin and entertainment for people who didn't no what ur mum went thru to make u what u are.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Boyooosa(m): 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Hi fellow humans, my beloved mother is unknowingly forcing me to hate her. She has suddenly become megalomaniac.

She always want to have the final say in every issue not minding the feelings of others. She doesnt waste time to switch her allegiance and love to any of her children that has it big at the very moment..

She is in her 60s but always believe she knows the current things more than us. Immagine the torchlight Nokia phone we bought for her she cant even operate it well, but now telling us that we dont love her because we didnt buy android touchscreen phone for her to be browsing.
What is she going to browse? when she cant even communicate with english fluently.

You will teach her one thing for many months and even spend years doing serial correction for her, yet she wont get it right.

She is also very ungrateful... She lacks nothing as we timely assist her with upkeep allowances. My Dad still provide for all her daily needs too.

Nairalanders i cant even say much, infact i thought of committing suicide yesterday because of her unbearing attitude...

Pls what do i do as i have tried talking to her about this severally, only for the peaceful talks to snowball into a fiercing quarrell ofwhich it echo reaches the next day.

Pls what should i do?
Bravo!
You are a true product of your mum.... 'F' family

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
I wish my mom was still alive, I wouldn't have minded her having megalomania.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Senorprinz(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
byrron:

You help someone that is suicidal by talking them out of it as well as helping them see reasons why carrying out such act can never be a solution to their problem(s).
By helping someone with suicidal thoughts to make up their mind and carry out the act automatically makes you culpable even though you didn't commit the act but you facilitated the act by failing to stop it from happening.

bro, the op is more than 30yrs, i believe she's old enough to know whats good or bad for her.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Lagbaja01(m): 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
OP it think you are the problem,you take life too seriously....if your father is not tired of living with her for more than 30yrs...who are you to complain....some children can be funny sha!
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Pls what should i do?

@OP, I couldn't read through all the comments, but I guess someone would have told you this. Your mum is only going through a stage of life.. be more patient with her... apply wisdom in dealing with her.... observe her happy moments and maximise them.. try to work on your sef to accept the changes in her as it happens differently to everybody (it'll happen to you some day, maybe you can learn from this)... learn not to respond or react to everything she says or does, sometimes just smile... give her d phone or d cash to buy it, teach her how to browse, leave her to learn, fall and stumble while at it..(she watched you do this at different stages of your life before you became the person you are now)... she is still that loving mother... love her all the same.. in no time, everything will be fine... I was once in your shoes... if you think of all she's been through for you, you'll tolerate more.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
Erngie:
I no even remember the sweet mother song/lyrics. Na just truth wey i talk from my mind
eh eh,,,,I like ya spirit sha!!!
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by teebillz: 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
So all this epistle because you don't want to by an android phone for your mum? I wish my father is still here with me, so that I can buy him an iPhone 7. Every parents deserves everything they asked of their children.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Erngie(f): 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
Martin124:
eh eh,,,,I like ya spirit sha!!!
thank you
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
chynie:
Dont buy it for her straight

send the money into her account and tell her to withdraw it and buy whatever she needs

she will be shocked at the cost and the value of money

so she will end up not buying it
your kidney is working perfectly
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Annamma: 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

So you know your mum is sick and you can't be patient and understanding?

What sort of person are you and why do you think it was necessary to insult your mum on social media? Smh
where is the insult?
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by chynie: 4:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
eosigwe:
your kidney is working perfectly

thanks grin
your liver is working well too
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
Erngie:
thank you
u welcome!!!
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by onelife97: 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
Many people here will not understand this guy's problem.
Talking from experience,my own beloved mother has become a distant friend.Because I can hardly communicate with her again like before,because I consider her very selfish.
@op,do what u can and leave the rest pls.

No kill urself oo.She ll only cry and move on.

All women do deserve to die for at all in any way.

Do ur best if u can and leave the rest.If u never marry ,go do asap without seeking anyone's consent on ur choice.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Daddybright1986(m): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Pls what should i do?

In all,I can't never hate my biological mum.....tufiakwa,why even discussing about ur mum in public
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by chunna08(m): 4:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Pls what should i do?

Oloriburuku child,End time child, you bring your mama issue come social Network, your pikin too go do u back....#Contunu
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by joe4christ(m): 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

God bless you.. you truely understand my situation.
I'm not a teenager, but a 30yrs old adult in all ramifications. I dont stay with my parents. I work hard to impress and assist them. But my beloved mum is no longer my mum.... many above who criticize me do not bother to check the meaning of megalomania... Its not her doing, it is a sickness but i believe she allows herself to wallow in it so freely.

Guy, even if your mum is mad and roams the street naked, she's still your mum and her disgrace and shame is equally yours. So, just distance yourself a bit so you will have peace, but never hate no abandon her. She deserves your love irrespective. Insulting or hurting that old woman even when she's wrong will result to a curse for you. Your obligation as a son is the provide for her needs and see that she is well taken care of, but don't visit much and don't engage in much conversation with her that will be resulting to issues between you both. If possible, relocate to a different city. So that it will only be possible to see her once in a while.
Do this so you don't loose your mind someday and hurt that poor woman abeg
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Jammiiee(m): 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
Please can u people just say sth meaningful for once I feel for the poor nigga, see as the female gender all above u n u, condemning the guy for what

Ohh! Coz its a woman in question shocked , that's quite belligerent angry if u can't giv him a good advice just read on, and don't condemn him angryhe is worried already and seeks a solution sad u can at least empathise angry

Haba!! angry angry
dorry62:

Op she's your mom.
Treat her as one.

If you continue to exhibit this your
idiatic character
and she die this
your hate will turn to love and na you go
cry pass for her plus
you'll regret ever thinking you hated her.
If you like don't love ya mama.

Me wen nor get mama dey wish say
my mommy dey alive you wen get hate
your own.Receive sense.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by bizyboy: 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hi. You don't need to commit sin by hating her or commit suicide.
You only need to ignore her and save your money.
Concentrate on something else and get very busy during this time.
Anytime your mind is free towards her again. You could buy her something nice and give her plenty cash.
Keep looking away tho. She will realize she's doing something wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Codyt(m): 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
darbeelicous:
u don't love ur mother, u never did! When u have grown up kids, I'll understand more! Mtchewww.......
For now, karma is waiting for u!
Judgement is a negative frequency Assumption is lethal! What are you trying to pass across now? A nigga got issues, there you seated judging upandan angry... Psst Get a grip undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by maasoap(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
ABINTUK:

So funny i swear.....The question is, will she be able to use it?
It doesn't matter. They should buy it for her if they can afford it.
And again @op, you don't need appreciation from your mother whenever you did something for her, you're only repaying her.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
I will try not to abuse you...others have done that.

I understand that parents can nag and make life hell for you.

But, stop to think this - SHE WAS YOUR FIRST LANDLORD FOR 9 GOOD MONTHS. She fed and raised you.

My advice to you is this - tolerate all her "antics" with a smile. She did the same when you were growing up. Did you say thank you everytime you were breast-fed? (this is in response to her ingratitude)

With kindness, try as much as you possibly can to provide for all her needs. In the big picture, an android phone means nothing.

Finally, listen to "Song for mama" by Boyz II Men. You would like it. SHE'S THE QUEEN OF YOUR HEART
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by CrazeGud: 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
where is the insult?

Hi bro!

Have you considered keeping a distance?

Like, relocate to a place far from where urr FAM stays.

Till now, I still don't understand why pple cling to tradition so much... give some space mehn! it grows love and whareva!
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Acidosis(m): 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
The level of hogwash, ignorance and hypocrisy on this thread is nauseatingly worrisome.

Same Nigerians that crucified this guy will jump on another thread and yelllll::: my parents can never choose a wife or husband for me!!!

Hypocritical lapdogs and keyboard terrorists.

Same people that crucified OP on this thread will jump on another thread to insult and condemn a possessive mother in law.

Na so e dey start, ordinary android phone, this poor boy is already thinking about suicide. I bet, this guy is a hustler who's yet to stabilize financially yet his mom's travail is almost sending his own son to the grave, and all our lapdogs can say is:: do for your mamaaaaa, whatever she askkkkkkkks!

Mu.mu trolls, if the mama tell the son to send his wife away tomorrow, the same classified lapdogs will come flexing keyboard muscles to call OP names like mommy's boy, weak man... Lmao

OP, do whatever you've got to do like I advised earlier. Opinion of the crowd will ruin you completely

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by snowden9(m): 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
It seems naij dot com takes news from nairaland to generate traffic in their own site. Just saw this at their site.

https://gossip.naij.com/1089448-woman-calls-60-year-mother-ungrateful.html?rs=r1

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by KevMitnick: 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

He said she is sick so why shouldn't she be shown more love to make her happier or did your mum not show you were ill?
Its not that kind of sickness, it's more like a behavioral thing. she is behaving like a narcissist, and would always play the victim when she is cornered or if she does not get her way.
I have had an experience with an aunt, when my cousin wouldn't marry the girl she approved of, she went into a fit. Playing tricks, crying and trying to coerce him, didn't want him to further his career because she didn't like his field of study, always wanting to get her way in the life of a grown up. it's just terrible. He needs to talk to her, to help her think, women are emotional and would not use their head in most situations like this.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Lyord56(m): 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2017
Lol she con dey display grammer for here ... Yimu lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by kcowen(m): 6:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Buying phone for her is not the problem.. we r many and can afford anything for her... Her level of education wont permit her to use such.
Such for your mother,if I should call your mother illiterate I guess you'll bounce on me
I believe she sent you to school not just for sending you to school but to cover her for not going,you bleep up honestly some of us are wishing our mom is still alive so we can teach u how to take care of a sick mother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" / This Family’s 10 Years Wedding Anniversary Photos Are Going Viral / Pastor, Funke Adejumo Teaches Women How To Be Sexy For Their Husbands At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.