Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Your Take On Telecom Company Blocking Whatsapp Calls To Increase Their Revenue! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Your Take On Telecom Company Blocking Whatsapp Calls To Increase Their Revenue! (580 Views)

Free US Phone Number For Whatsapp, Calls And Text Messages / Telecoms To Block Skype, Whatsapp Calls, To Boost Revenue / Glo Launches Cheaper Calls To 30 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Take On Telecom Company Blocking Whatsapp Calls To Increase Their Revenue! by mperostar: 10:01am On Feb 20, 2017
Guess by now we already know that Telecommunications companies in the country are planning to block calls made on Instant Messaging applications, WhatsApp and Skype in other to boost their revenue.

Well, not sure they know that we also spend our hard earn money to purchase data which we spend during this calls? Recall, it was first a planned means to increase data tariff but when they saw the outrage on social media that was immediately deleted from their thoughts ...

So now that they are planning to block calls from WhatsApp, Skype, and others, what's your take?

If you haven't read the story on Telecom plans to block these calls, you might read here: http://www.maestroperostar.com/2017/02/telecom-companies-may-block-whatsapp.html

Re: Your Take On Telecom Company Blocking Whatsapp Calls To Increase Their Revenue! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:51am On Feb 20, 2017
I think the move is apt and suitable for the Nigerian market. The telecoms companies have a duty and responsibility to their investors and shareholders to maintain and increase their already large profit and they have chosen this way to do it.

Since Nigerians and Nigerian youth are dull, unresponsive, apathetic and docile, it behooves any self respecting business to exploit the consumer any way they can.

wtf will happen anyway?

There is no government in Nigeria to speak of, the president is sick and incommunicado, the main Telecoms regulator sides with the multinationals against the taxpayer, the Senate and House of Rep is composed of clueless and greedy sob's.
There are great precedents for ripping off Nigerians. The banks and oil companies do it all the time; government agencies have made it a fine art, foreign owned companies use, abuse and dump Nigerian workers. Whats new?

My take is the sh*t will go on as long as the music keeps playing.
Re: Your Take On Telecom Company Blocking Whatsapp Calls To Increase Their Revenue! by oscillation55(m): 10:55am On Feb 20, 2017
Hmmm, pathetic indeed
Re: Your Take On Telecom Company Blocking Whatsapp Calls To Increase Their Revenue! by CellTabRepairs: 11:04am On Feb 20, 2017
Until I read it from mainstream news outlets. They have no such rights and implementing it will be herculean for the routing information base qos services.

Get your starter resource for learning...click my name
Re: Your Take On Telecom Company Blocking Whatsapp Calls To Increase Their Revenue! by mperostar: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
I think the move is apt and suitable for the Nigerian market. The telecoms companies have a duty and responsibility to their investors and shareholders to maintain and increase their already large profit and they have chosen this way to do it.

Since Nigerians and Nigerian youth are dull, unresponsive, apathetic and docile, it behooves any self respecting business to exploit the consumer any way they can.

wtf will happen anyway?

There is no government in Nigeria to speak of, the president is sick and incommunicado, the main Telecoms regulator sides with the multinationals against the taxpayer, the Senate and House of Rep is composed of clueless and greedy sob's.
There are great precedents for ripping off Nigerians. The banks and oil companies do it all the time; government agencies have made it a fine art, foreign owned companies use, abuse and dump Nigerian workers. Whats new?

Hmm ... This is deep and really incisive ... Nigerians really need to open and shine their eyes!
Re: Your Take On Telecom Company Blocking Whatsapp Calls To Increase Their Revenue! by Aminu212: 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

wtf will happen anyway?

you know wat, I like ur grammar.

@op, can u pls show us some proofs of the plans this telecoms are making?

(1) (Reply)

Between Innjoo Max 3 Pro And Infinix Note 3 / Jelly: The Smallest 4G Smartphone With Android 7.0 And 2.4 Inch Screen / Etisalat Nigeria Approves Name Change To 9mobile | NCC Yet To Be Informed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.