Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,053 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Wanted - Nigerian Xmas Gift Ideas - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wanted - Nigerian Xmas Gift Ideas (4929 Views)

I Need Souvenir And Gift Ideas For Weddings, Birthdays And Other Occasions! / Beautiful Valentine's Gift Ideas / Gift Ideas For The Blind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanted - Nigerian Xmas Gift Ideas by chipass(m): 9:46am On Dec 09, 2009
I live & work in Lagos & need ideas for xmas gift for the following people. I'm totally at loss of what to get for them:

1. Landlord

2. three neighbours (all married with kids)

3. Three Nigerian bosses (one female and two male

4. Two male white bosses (one American and one European)

The above people are all educated and live in Lagos.

My budget for all presents is about N50k

Please give me ideas that can be executed in Lagos with the above budget.
Re: Wanted - Nigerian Xmas Gift Ideas by Gabry(f): 5:05am On Dec 10, 2009
chipass:

I live & work in Lagos & need ideas for xmas gift for the following people. I'm totally at loss of what to get for them:

1. Landlord

2. three neighbours (all married with kids)

3. Three Nigerian bosses (one female and two male

4. Two male white bosses (one American and one European)

The above people are all educated and live in Lagos.

My budget for all presents is about N50k

Please give me ideas that can be executed in Lagos with the above budget.

1. Landlord - Get him a Wallet or a Belt or a Neck Tie or a bottle of Alcohol if he appreciates drinks

2. 3 neighbours all married with kids - Give them all fruit baskets or hampers or you could buy seperately if you want. . . Like maybe the husband and wife you could get them like a photo Album or maybe you could give them cloth to make tradiational costumes and the children, you can buy them stationeries or toys. . .

3. 3 Nigerian Bosses, 2 male and 1 female - Get them chocolates or maybe wallets for the man bosses or a purse for the lady boss or you could give tupperwear to all three (Tupperwear is very usable for people these days)

4. 1 male white bosses - Oyinbo ke? Oyinbo loves something which is related to Naija. Give them something about Naija now. They will love it. wink
Re: Wanted - Nigerian Xmas Gift Ideas by chipass(m): 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
Thanks Gabry.

I'm thinking the hampers may just do the trick for my landlord and neigbours. One hamper per family should do it.

I actually think giving the oyinbos something Nigerian will be great but what and where do I find it? The one thing that readily comes to mind is a top (shirt) made with Nigerian wax or something similar. But I have no idea where to buy that already made (sewing/making one now is out of the question because I'm sure no taylor is accepting jobs now).

Does anyone think a turkey (frozen ofcourse) for each oyinbo is a good idea?

I'm still at sea on what to get for my Nigerian ogas.

Guys, gals, come on!
Re: Wanted - Nigerian Xmas Gift Ideas by Gabry(f): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fozen Turkey? For the Oyinbo's you mean? If you are giving the turkey to anyone whom is not going home to put it in a refrigerator, I suggest not but if you are to give it to the person by sending it to their house, it should be a good idea especially for families.

As for the Oyinbos, how about a Nigerian mask? When you get one, you can tell them a little history about the mask like which tribe is it from and whay they use it and stuff like that. It will attract them and they will surely hang it in their house in their country! wink
Re: Wanted - Nigerian Xmas Gift Ideas by bedivine: 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2018
this shea butter that comes in different colours by Okuma Organics. With the biting harmattan it sure makes a great gift for guys and gals as it's very pocket friendly

https://okumaorganics.com/pages/nigerian-christmas-gifts

(1) (Reply)

Rent cooling fan, Coolant,cooling van and icing chest for Your Event / #ladies In Akure# Design & Sew Your Fabrics,materials For ur outing and event / Qualities Of A Good Mc /event Compere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.