Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React (41512 Views)

BBNaija: Khafi Is A Sex Addict - Gedoni (Nigerians React) / Man Who Claims Northerners Were Excluded From Movie “the Wedding Party” Gets Epi / "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by prof800(m): 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2017
Naijahelm:
Documentary filmmaker, Bello Shagari, tweeted the fast selling 'The Wedding Party' Movie was such a wonderful development on Nigeria, but the northerners were excluded totally.

Nigerians have reacted to the tweet from the film maker.

http://www.naijahelm.com/2017/02/man-says-northerners-were-excluded-from.html?m=1

Same 2016 Nollywood released the movie "NORTH EAST" and the South West was also excluded.
It all depends on the story. We must not bring ethnic bigotry into everything.
"North East" was written and directed by a guy from South West.

Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by ephi123(f): 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
alfarouq:

Well, for every rule, there's always an exception and that's the reason I used some.
On a second note, can you tell us what's responsible for your bitterness towards the Muslims and the northerners.

You don't get it, no one is bitter towards you guys! I don't know where you get that impression from. The only caveat I will add is many people currently feel anger towards Buhari but that is because he is messing up the economy and it was exactly the same insults/abuse Jonathan got shortly before elections so has nothing to do with Muslims/ Northerners. Cos truth of the matter is we belong to the same nation, whether we like it or not.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by Onechancearmy(m): 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
ollah1:

Lol. You see how moronic you are.

Why didn't Trump ban other Muslim countries?

Those leaving thier lands for greener pastures are doing so simply because of what the west ( Christians and Jews did)

Who made Libya what it is today?
Who made Syria what it is today?
Who made Iraq and Afghanistan what it is today?

The west did all these to Muslim countires.
Who are the west( Christians and Jews)

I expect you to respond to this comment with you usual nonsense.

I see. So it is the West that told Gaddafi to create a dictatorship thereby leading to a power vacuum after he was overthrown which led to chaos and disorder?

And it is the West who created Islamic States?

And the West created Boko Haram?

And also created Al Shabab?

Poor stu.pid muslims. They never take responsibility for their poo.

Like the typical fools the are there will always be someone else to blame for their chronic stup.idity.

4 Likes

Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by alfarouq(m): 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
ephi123:

You don't get it, no one is bitter towards you guys! I don't know where you get that impression from. The only caveat I will add is many people currently feel anger towards Buhari but that is because he is messing up the economy and it was exactly the same insults/abuse Jonathan got shortly before elections so has nothing to do with Muslims/ Northerners. Cos truth of the matter is we belong to the same nation, whether we like it or not.
Well, since you are here already, you can swell read through the comments on this thread.
Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by ephi123(f): 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
alfarouq:

Well, since you are here already, you can swell read through the comments on this thread.

That is not enough reason to conclude all Southerners hate the Northerners.
Things have been heating up lately with the Fulani killings, the bad economy, and the silence of the president over all these matters and that may be causing some resentment, but not enough to use a strong word like hate.
Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
alfarouq:

Search sincerely into your soul and ask yourself why you hate Muslims and northerners so much and I bet you will realize its out of envy and hatred.

Dude I was born in jos ,I don't frigging hate northerners but you guys need to get with the times and put primitive ideology and lifestyles behind,shiit I will love to marry a hausa chic sef but search your soul and be sincere with yourself and tell me why you guys don't marry outsiders,foreigners maybe,but not another tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by thewarrior72: 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ajibel:

But my bae's parents are already aware about me and their daughter and they've not objected our relationship. tongue tongue
^^
Keep deluding yourself.....smh
Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
Onechancearmy:

I see. So it is the West that told Gaddafi to create a dictatorship thereby leading to a power vacuum after he was overthrown which led to chaos and disorder?

And it is the West who created Islamic States?

And the West created Boko Haram?

And also created Al Shabab?

Poor stu.pid muslims. They never take responsibility for their poo.

Like the typical fools the are there will always be someone else to blame for their chronic stup.idity.

Educate yourself and quit licking se.men that's affecting you brain

https://www.africanexponent.com/post/new-evidence-the-real-reason-gaddafi-was-killed-2706

That link exposes the real reason Gaddafi was killed. You know absolutely nothing. When men like us talks, you should take several seats far away while you learn. You fcking dim.wit

Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by Onechancearmy(m): 11:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
ollah1:

Educate yourself and quit licking se.men that's affecting you brain

https://www.africanexponent.com/post/new-evidence-the-real-reason-gaddafi-was-killed-2706

That link exposes the real reason Gaddafi was killed. You know absolutely nothing. When men like us talks, you should take several seats far while you learn. You fcking dim.wit

A conspiracy theory? grin Nothing about mudslimes surprises me anymore. Not even their tendency for stupid.ity. After all you are the guys who believe in an illiterate pedophile camel urine drinker as a prophet!

I remember a few years back when they started a rumor that polio vaccinations was an attempt to curb mudslime population growth.

At the end of the day they were the ones who suffered when polio began ravaging their children.

No wonder 99% of street beggars and illiterates are muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by alexov(m): 11:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
ephi123:
But the robber in the movie was a Northerner... so how were they excluded?
Lol... He wasn't a robber he was a thief. Abi was it the other way round?
Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by Onechancearmy(m): 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
alfarouq:
The problem with some southerners is just envy and of the Muslims and northerners.
An average Muslim when he sees a religious xtian either Male or female practicing xtianity, keeping her chastity, staying away from drugs and other forbidden things, he is happy for her and if he sees otherwise, he is sad.
But an average xtian is not only happy but encourages it when he sees a promiscous Muslim , and is quick to label the faithful Muslim all sort of evil names such as extremis, terrorist and the rest.
Some people take pleasure in what their bible has forbidden if its going to be done by a Muslim.
Forget all this name calling, most of them harbour a desire to marry a Muslim Northerner but kwalelen Ku.
We meet especially during Nysc and most of their ladies stick to us like chewing gums, I had to be telling them that I am gonna marry 4 wives when I feel such sticking is too much, somebody even ones told me that no problem asking as she would be First.
I had to tell her plainly, I can't marry a christian.
Thats how desperate some of them are, I won't be surprised if some of them are among our bashers but zakaran da Allah ya nufa da cara, ko a na muzuru ko ana shawo said ya yi.
There was a time when someone used his own fiancee to try to seduce a pious Muslim just to prove a point that the Muslim is a hipocrites but thank God he did not fall into the trap.
That is how low some xtians are willing to stoop.

What exactly are we supposed to envy?

Boko Haram?
Illiteracy?
Stupi.dity?
Sexual abuse of underaged girls?
Street begging?

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 20, 2017
Onechancearmy:

A conspiracy theory? grin Nothing about mudslimes surprises me anymore. Not even their tendency for stupid.ity. After all you are the guys who believe in an illiterate pedophile camel urine drinker as a prophet!

I remember a few years back when they started a rumor that polio vaccinations was an attempt to curb mudslime population growth.

At the end of the day they were the ones who suffered when polio began ravaging their children.

No wonder 99% of street beggars and illiterates are muslims.

Keep disgracing yourself and ur ilks. Knowledge is free. You should acquire it.

Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by Onechancearmy(m): 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2017
ollah1:

Keep disgracing yourself and ur ilks. Knowledge is free. You should acquire it.

Knowledge is indeed free. Pity the same can't be said about brains or you would be out on the streets begging for brains the same way your muslim brothers beg for food and money at my church gate after service on Sunday morning.

I remember on Christmas Eve we distributed food to them. You should have seen how grateful they were, they kept bowing for us!

It's possible I may have fed one of your relatives so you shouldn't bite the finger that's feeding your family grin
Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by TWoods(m): 11:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
This tweet is a sad encapsulation of all that is wrong with Nigeria. Rather than use this movie as a standard or inspiration to create something with northern content, the tweetee is busy complaining that nollywood has not included the north. At some point, Nigeria has to move beyond merely "sharing" resources and forcing "federal character" into every facet of our lives in order to "carry the north along". If the North cannot carry itself then its about time we rethink whether they should be part of our nation at all.

Unlike the ignorant musings of the tweetee... this movie is NOT a representation of Nigeria. It is simply a private enterprise whose goal is to make money... this silliness reminds me of the days when Garba Lawal had to be shoehorned into every Nigerian football team all in the name of "federal character".
Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by tinktanker: 4:33am On Feb 21, 2017
Dandsome:
Mtcheeeew, why should they be included in the movie?

There's no scene where everyone will have to sit on the ground and eat tuwo and Mia kuka in the movie.

Besides, if any Northerner was included in the movie it will be boring. You guys that don't allow hugging in ordinary movie but do worst things at the dark corner of the lungu at night....

Hypocritical tribal bigots
they should have made that criminal dat came to rob the party hausa at least
Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by Ajibel(m): 6:16am On Feb 21, 2017
thewarrior72:

^^
Keep deluding yourself.....smh

You're filled with so much hate to people who don't care or haven't done anything wrong to you and yet you call yourself a Christian. Smh
Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by Dandsome: 6:32am On Feb 21, 2017
tinktanker:
they should have made that criminal dat came to rob the party hausa at least

They'll still come out and say why should they use a Northerner to act a criminal part. Next thing is you'll hear that it's against their religion. Fight do start be that.

Very barbaric people
Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by Disney001(m): 6:57am On Feb 21, 2017
Berbierklaus:
The Musa that held them hostage is a northerner nah grin

I reason with this line of thought,I don't think the northern movie industry would welcome the idea of a movie with people they term as infidels grin
.....doesn't hollywood movies use Russians and Afghanistans as infidels some times.....its just a movie
Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by dragonking2: 8:49am On Feb 21, 2017
Kaeyzo:
everyone was Insulting the Guy just Because he said his opinion they should at least responded him in good Manner. This is One of the Reasons we don't normally associate ourselves with rest of Nigerians even outsides Nigeria
Which opinion. Must there be tribalism in every thing? His opinion was tribalistic nothing more. The thing is if they put in Hausa in the picture, you are the same people that will come and fight against the movie. Remember that nollywood wanted to build a site in Kano, you guys kicked against it.

Take for example the lady that was banned from kannywood just because she was directed to do so. She was accepted into nollywood and now she is going places. This means that we are not sidelining anybody but you guys refuse that move forward. You see everything as religious.

If you kick against everything, why complain when not added?
Re: Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React by tinktanker: 8:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
Dandsome:

They'll still come out and say why should they use a Northerner to act a criminal part. Next thing is you'll hear that it's against their religion. Fight do start be that.

Very barbaric people
true talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joseph Okechukwu Condemns BBNaija With Proof (Video) / CNN Claims Nairobi Is In Nigeria ( Pics) / NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.