Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User (43808 Views)

You Won't Believe This Twitter User's Midnight Experience At A Bar / Twitter User Blasted For Making Fun Of Young Man That Asked For Money / "Don't Come Eating At My Wedding Uninvited": Check This Reply By A Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by DEWKID(m): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
why using a trend to Insult or look down at a tribe. Are you saying this is the Only wedding ever done by the Igbos?

If you think Igbos are the most tribalic click Like if you think its the Yorubas click Share

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Senorprinz(m): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
luckyboss:
Be honest that it shouldn't be Igbo wedding you attained..

wtf!
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by jagorinho: 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=Handsomecole post=53890331]I've been to both Igbo and Yoruba wedding receptions. One thing I know for sure is that in Yoruba weddings food is usually surplus amd they don't discriminate whether you are "mo gbo mo branch" one reason is that Yoruba foods are cheap to prepare unlike Igbo foods.

In Igbo weddings the meat is very small unlike yoruba weddings which you have bigger meats in Igbo weddings drinks most especially beer is very very surplus

This is a poor attempt towards damage control,just admit those people are not organised.There is no big deal in providing food for your guests,when it has reached the stage where guests are fighting to have a glimpse of food at a party then it is really bad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by jagorinho: 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

You are always present in every thread that tends to portray Igbos in bad light making your hate comments! You're still a struggling guy yet you're full of hate and bitterness towards the Igbos. How will you relate with an Igbo man in real life? Do you show how them how much you hate them? Change your ways young man, you will still have to deal with people other than your tribe in the course of your life including the Igbos you despise so much.
what do you have to say to those igbos that hates yorubas so much that are roaming on this forum?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Ngokafor(f): 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2017
Eledan:
I was in one of such wedding in Lekki not far long ago, with all the smell of affluence of the setting, the organization was still very poor.
Food was served on the basis of man knows man.
Give it to Yorubas when it comes to event management

...Inspite of your chronic tribalism,you still go to Igbo weddings..and ofcourse to eat,shame on you...
..The only reason you and your hungry tribe knows is scavenging for food all over the place like primitive refugees...shameless folks.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Acekidc4(m): 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
RIZLER:
Must be an Afonja,do not attend nobody, know you exist mofo!

Sir you are a Big foool!!
That is why lagos king has u to go and die in the Lagoon!!

PIG

5 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Eledan: 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ngokafor:

...Inspite of your chronic tribalism,you still go to Igbo weddings..and ofcourse to eat,shame on you...
..The only reason you and your hungry tribe knows is scavenging for food all over the place like primitive refugees...shameless folks.

Forget my taunting of biafrans on NL, I have loads of Ibos as friends and neighbors who don't share your biafran rubbish
So fuccck and shame on you biafran bigot

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by itsMrIke(m): 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
So he arrived the wedding at 'quarter past 4:30'
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Ngokafor(f): 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
...I dont know whether Yorubas are scavengers or what..dont they cook and eat at home??...always crying and moaing about food like hungry refugees and how they were not fed at parties undecided

....Little wonder they saturate themselves with debts because they want to throw parties..foolishness at its peak...Weekends you will see them all decked out walking aimlessly about looking for parties to gate-crash to cart away food.(mo gbo,mo ya)...shame indeed.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by IamUdo(m): 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
Problem with Nigeria is tribalism issues. So because one couple from the eastern side failed to plan properly for the catering in their wedding means all Ibo weddings are wack. My guy wey write that story show say na only food you dey go wedding for, moreover you never go Ibo wedding wey dem use food and drinks embarrass them guest, come give them bottle of champagne each. This has nothing to do with tribe it's the couple that failed not the tribe.

1 Like

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by danjalingo: 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
You wasted all this time just for a plate of rice? This recession is serious then.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Ngokafor(f): 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
Eledan:

Forget my taunting of biafrans on NL, I have loads of Ibos as friends and neighbors who don't share your biafran rubbish
So fuccck and shame on you biafran bigot

... Story for owambe rice and meat...I wonder what your so-called imaginary Igbo friends will say if they know half of the trash you spew on their tribe undecided..even crying on social media that they didnt feed you at their parties like they are your parents,abeg go and take several seats,hungry thing.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by slysteel: 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
The truth is that yoruba people attend events with only one thing in mind and that's food,infact,in the past,people buy lace and keep at home just to wear and attend parties they don't even know the celebrant,so Mr food here is only interested in the food that's why he kept repeating food! food! food.

Secondly,i have been to yoruba parties where i wasn't given food before so this has nothing to do with tribe,its about organisation,paying people to cook and share food is not all that is needed,you still need a reliable event planner to make sure the food goes round.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Eledan: 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ngokafor:

... Story for owambe rice and meat...I wonder what your so-called imaginary Igbo friends will say if they know half of the trash you spew on their tribe undecided..even crying on social media that they didnt feed you at their parties like they are your parents,abeg go and take several seats,hungry thing.

You are free to keep crying bitterly here biafran bigot.
That is your chosen destiny, wailing

3 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by makizee(m): 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
No need for all these tribal bashings...
Yes, it is only normal for you to provide food for your guest and yes ...Yorubas for whatever reason do it well...igbos on the other hand organisparties to drink well...this is supported by empirical evidence grin

Depending on the one you care for, Each to hIs own

But yorubas are generally known for throwing the best gigs in town.

5 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by SIRmanjar(m): 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
slysteel:
The truth is that yoruba people attend events with only one thing in mind and that's food,infact,in the past,people buy lace and keep at home just to wear and attend parties they don't even know the celebrant,so Mr food here is only interested in the food that's why he kept repeating food! food! food.

Secondly,i have been to yoruba parties where i wasn't given food before so this has nothing to do with tribe,its about organisation,paying people to cook and share food is not all that is needed,you still need a reliable event planner to make sure the food goes round.
So u believe dis crap?anybody dat believes dis story has a big problem upstairs.
Yorubas serve surplus food ad little drink but u ibos serve surplus food ad drink.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
must you eat?Dont you cook at home? You had to drag Igbo into your madness abi? Longer throat. if its a trad then its only normal that it starts in the evening, abi na under sun your people dey marry/pay bride price? Them for serve una toombo instead of 33.
person go party for naija no chop ke? So why invite any one and call it a "party" na? After buying over-priced aso ebi and dropping money inside the ever passing tray the least they can do is feed people. And I am pretty sure the Invitation did not say 5pm, if not people won't be seated already getting drunk on 33

1 Like

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ngokafor:

...I dont know whether Yorubas are scavengers or what..dont they cook and eat at home??...always crying and moaing about food like hungry refugees and how they were not fed at parties undecided

....Little wonder they saturate themselves with debts because they want to throw parties..foolishness at its peak...Weekends you will see them all decked out walking aimlessly about looking for parties to gate-crash to cart away food.(mo gbo,mo ya)...shame indeed.

My intention at first was just to read, laugh and move on, but seeing you gallivanting all over this thread typing trash made this comment inevitable.

When you call guests to honour you at your celebration, it is your DUTY to feed them and make them comfortable.

If you're not well-to-do, then limit the number of people you invite for your ceremonies.

Must everything always be about money? You want to recoup the money you spent for the wedding at the reception? you crazy or what? Who da fvck does that?

Now you'll notice I haven't mentioned any tribe. If you don't rein in your attacks on my people imma come for your head in a spectacular way. Kapische?!

7 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Richy4(m): 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
NoToPile:
Can someone please explain the role of garden eggs and groundnut at events I can't seem to comprehend it.

Based on my little experience, I know that in the olden days when you go to an Igbo man's house, and he is happy to see you, he will welcome you by offering you kolanut or garden egg with peanut butter..before bringing out Drinks and food...So it's a way of saying welcome to my humble abode..Like wise in a ceremony, it's the first thing served to people as an intro or welcome ...before the main dish like food and drinks surfaces...
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Ngokafor(f): 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ioannes:

My intention at first was just to read, laugh and move on, but seeing you gallivanting all over this thread typing trash made this comment inevitable.

When you call guests to honour you at your celebration, it is your DUTY to feed them and make them comfortable.

If you're not well-to-do, then limit the number of people you invite for your ceremonies.

Must everything always be about money? You want to recoup the money you spent for the wedding at the reception? you crazy or what? Who da fvck does that?

Now you'll notice I haven't mentioned any tribe. If you don't reign in your attacks on my people imma come for your head in a spectacular way. Kapische?!

......The hunger in Nigeria is real,if you invite one person,at least 10 people will accompany that one person thats why some do theirs 'strictly by invitation'..

...Everything i said about you guys is true..you cry too much for food at parties abeg,what is it??...imagine gate-crashing into parties hoping to score 'rice and a big meat' undecided(mo gbo,mo ya things)...what sort of yeye attitude is that?? You guys complain about small meat in Igbo weddings,forgeting that drinks are usually in abundance...That should be entertainment enough..not borrowing money to entertain each guest with a whole cow each because some people cannot eat in their houses.

...I consider your last statements as inconsequential rants..i will return the favour as brutal as possible if you insult me personally...Mark my words.
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
White man own is racism , Blackman own na tribalism,
grin angry which is worst off? NONE they both d same, black men killing black men since day before yesterday
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by gentlechyke(m): 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
Zirah:
Mod pls stop bringing igbo matters to front page. Whether the post is in positive or negative light, I just hate igbos. They are stingy, backward, fraudulent and money-mongers.

kill yourself by yourself cause your heart got stones in place of blood. keep hating
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Rickiedee(m): 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
rocknation62:
GIVE THIS TO THE YORUBAS...CLICK LIKE IF YOU ARE ONE

no be lie. Yoruba no de carry last wen e come to organizing party

4 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by MrGerald(m): 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
Guyman02:
Na food you find go there abi na wedding you attend? embarassed
In reality, many Igbo occasions focus on cartons of beer and alcohol and less on food as that is the story the people will use to tell about the event as in 'there was so much drink that many people got drunk' while Yoruba events focus more on food and meat and less on drinks.

Actually, there is also another mentality in Igbo events that if people finish eating early they will desert the event and the venue will be empty.
Normally coolers of food are prepared and labelled according to groups expected at the event such as Umuada, Ndi Youth, Friends of the bride and groom, in-laws, age grade, etc Next time find the group you belong to and your 'chairman' will be the one to go and get your food. But unfortunately you didnt belong to any group you gate crashed and you are lamenting on social media grin

Abeg no vex with them jare! Afterall, no where in your thread did you mention how much you sprayed on the couple or how much you paid into their account as support; Igbos dont actually like your type at their events who focus on what you can get and the food you will eat free.

Next time you want to attend Igbo event chop very well for house but be ready to be drenched in plenty bottles of beer which was why they shared 33 larger beer when you were expecting to chop rice grin grin grin
This is fake story sis, who invited him in the first place, he just want to insult igbos
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by MrGerald(m): 6:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
Papikush:
I don't wanna sound tribalistic but Damn!

Igbos Mehn... grin
If you like sound racist, this is fake story as Igbo don't give a fvck
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Riyikebaby(f): 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
If I go this kain party, na to carry my itel S31 dey play game till I tire
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by ASval: 6:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
lesson learnt,dnt go to a function on empty stomach. Expect disappointment P.R.N.

1 Like

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by rocknation62(m): 6:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
Rickiedee:

no be lie. Yoruba no de carry last wen e come to organizing party
Naso
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ngokafor:

......The hunger in Nigeria is real,if you invite one person,at least 10 people will accompany that one person thats why some do theirs 'strictly by invitation'..

...Everything i said about you guys is true..you cry too much for food at parties abeg,what is it??...imagine gate-crashing into parties hoping to score 'rice and a big meat' undecided(mo gbo,mo ya things)...what sort of yeye attitude is that?? You guys complain about small meat in Igbo weddings,forgeting that drinks are usually in abundance...That should be entertainment enough..not borrowing money to entertain each guest with a whole cow each because some people cannot eat in their houses.

...I consider your last statements as inconsequential rants..i will return the favour as brutal as possible if you insult me personally...Mark my words.

Oh so it's only Yoruba that gatecrash parties? When will you have sense bros? And you're old o.

Drinks? What do I want to do with spirits?

So when you're hungry you drink spirits abi? Or you drink beer? Poverty mentality really. Drinks should be enough entertainment!? Chai...

You copy Yorubas who set the trend at almost everything (good) in this country, and when we tell you that you're doing it all wrong, you begin to complain.

No sense in that. Take to correction. It's not by force to invite all your village people to your celebration if you live in a face-me-i-slap-you-one-dingy-and-dirty-room apartment.

Ever heard the phrase, cut your clothes according to your cloth?

Shame should catch you if your guests have to be fighting over plate of jolof rice at your wedding (that is if you get shame at all).

This won't be the first time and probably won't be the last time somebody has complained about such concerning your parties especially on this forum.

Serving hot drinks or spraying dollars alone while your guests starve on their seats is in poor taste.

3 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Kagawa10: 7:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
DonCortino:
So na food carry u go wedding?
Why would you go to a wedding to stay 2 hrs without food?
Is something wrong with you?
Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Kagawa10: 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ngokafor:

Come here, is something 'paining' you in your head?

So guest are meant to be invited to sit for 2-3 hrs without food because of what?

Sometimes, I wonder what kind of eediots are on here.

2 Likes

Re: The Weirdest Igbo Wedding Story By A Twitter User by Ngokafor(f): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ioannes:

Oh so it's only Yoruba that gatecrash parties? When will you have sense bros? And you're old o.

Drinks? What do I want to do with spirits?

So when you're hungry you drink spirits abi? Or you drink beer? Poverty mentality really. Drinks should be enough entertainment!? Chai...

You copy Yorubas who set the trend at almost everything (good) in this country, and when we tell you that you're doing it all wrong, you begin to complain.

No sense in that. Take to correction. It's not by force to invite all your village people to your celebration if you live in a face-me-i-slap-you-one-dingy-and-dirty-room apartment.

Ever heard the phrase, cut your clothes according to your cloth?

Shame should catch you if your guests have to be fighting over plate of jolof rice at your wedding (that is if you get shame at all).

This won't be the first time and probably won't be the last time somebody has complained about such concerning your parties especially on this forum.

Serving hot drinks or spraying dollars alone while your guests starve on their seats is in poor taste.

......Who is a bros and who is old??...Nonsense!..I guess the meaning of 'shameless' has taken a new meaning...I should be ashamed for serving you drinks with rice and meat(meat you complain is small)..while an adult like you crying 'for big meat ' like a refugee shouldnt??

...Poverty mentality is those who cry about not being given a whole cow in the name of entertainment...yes drinks are enough,if you are not happy go and cook at home and eat..Its not like food are not even served anyway but your long throats wants 'big meat and chicken' ..Talk about too much greed undecided....

...There is nothing to copy from those who borrow to throw parties,its only an iddiot who will get into debts to throw a party...what sort of silly mentality us that??

...And yes gate-crashing parties is your culture...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / The Moment This Bride & Dad Cried On Her Wedding Day / Newly Wedded Couple Ride In Tractor (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.