Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,418 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Brazilian Player Racially Abused - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazilian Player Racially Abused (432 Views)

John Obi Mikel Racially Abused In Trabzonspor Vs Fernabache Football Match / Maguire Calls For Action After Pogba Is Racially Abused For Penalty Miss / VIDEO: Juventus 19 Year Old Striker Moise Kean Abused Racially After Scoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brazilian Player Racially Abused by chimalisco19(m): 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
EVERTON LUIZ LEAVES PITCH IN TEARS AFTER RACIAL ABUSE IN SERBIA
The Brazilian suffered abuse during the match and grew emotional after confronting Rad supporters. Partizan midfielder Everton Luiz left the field in tears Sunday after suffering racist abuse during his team's 1-0 victory over Rad in Belgrade, Serbia. Fans persisted in the abuse despite warnings from the referee and public address announcer, at one point unveiling a banner with a racial message that was removed by stewards.

After the conclusion of the 90 minutes, Everton Luiz showed the Rad supporters the middle finger and pointed to the Partizan badge, sparking a shoving match between players from both teams as the referee tried to restore order. Eventually, Everton Luiz left the field, wiping away tears as he was hugged by teammates, including goalkeeper Filip Kljajic. Everton Luiz left the field in tears after suffering racial abuse.
"I've been suffering racist abuse during the entire 90 minutes and also was upset by the home players, who supported that. They were all attacking me," the midfielder told reporters after the match. "I want to forget this as soon as possible. I love Serbia and the people here, that is why I cried. But please say NO to racism!" Everton Luiz has played in Serbia since joining from the Swiss league in January 2016.

Re: Brazilian Player Racially Abused by Zaheertyler(m): 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
bastards
Re: Brazilian Player Racially Abused by ki10(m): 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
menh.... being a black and living in a white man country no easy..

(1) (Reply)

Why Rooney Will Not Play In EFL Cup Final, Europa League – Mourinho / Barcelona Wonder.. Barcelona Vs PSG 6 - 1. / UCL: Monaco Knock Out Man City As Atletico Advance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.