Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,030 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction (7354 Views)

As Christians, How Can We Overcome Sin? / Can You Deny God Or Your Belief At Gun Point? / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2017
jonbellion:
The christians are always fond of saying that "carnal minds" can never understand the bible.
Well my mind must be be carnal then
2 kings 2:11
As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
John 3:11
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.(these were jesus' words)
I don't think you need a soothsayer to tell you there is something wrong here
What's your say on this christians
Hopfullandlord, Hahn. Lennycool, jackbizzle, benzics, lepasharon, liberadeus, immorttal, seun, randomperson, teempakguy, SirWere, Akintom
The christian crew

Funny
Jesus was actually talking about the teachers of the law in that passage.
Nichodemus being a teacher of the law couldn't understand the earthly things Jesus was teaching him.
Therefore Jesus was actually saying that, if you being a teacher does not understand earthly things, how would you understand Heavenly things when none of you (teachers) have been to Heaven before.

John 3:10-12(NET)
10 Jesus answered, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you don’t understand these things?

11 I tell you the solemn truth, we speak about what we know and testify about what we have seen, but you people do not accept our testimony.

12 If I have told you people about earthly things and you don’t believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things?

Please don't read out of context. There are no contradictions in the Bible.

God bless you
God loves you
Live for Him

1 Like

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
randomperson:
Lolz... It's pretty interesting seeing the attempts by Christians to explain this contradiction...
It seems the best they can do is to ignore the actual words of the bible text and use their own words....
The funny thing is that the bible places a curse on those who remove from or add to the bible lipsrsealed
HHahaha Haha finishing
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 11:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
Junia:

Funny
Jesus was actually talking about the teachers of the law in that passage.
Nichodemus being a teacher of the law couldn't understand the earthly things Jesus was teaching him.
Therefore Jesus was actually saying that, if you being a teacher does not understand earthly things, how would you understand Heavenly things when none of you (teachers) have been to Heaven before.
where was the law been taught by Nicodemus received from?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 11:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
akintom:

Elijah and En
question: how was he conceived?
answer: of the holyghost
answer: born of the virgin Mary
did he come to fulfill a prophesy?? are u following or should keep going?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
CriticMaestro:
it's fine really cuz i've argued muslims before and i know where they are coming from but u guyz i just cant imagine..lemme ask u a simple question to u atheist, try and answer it honestly please, when u were 10 years old what did u believe in?
undecided

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
akintom:
where was the law been taught by Nicodemus received from?

God
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
CriticMaestro:

question: how was he conceived?
answer: of the holyghost
answer: born of the virgin Mary
did he come to fulfill a prophesy?? are u following or should keep going?
all these are mere and unverifiable claims. Didn't Jeremiah claimed the god made him prophet before he was conceived?

Did Jesus descend bodily from heaven?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
CriticMaestro:
it's fine really cuz i've argued muslims before and i know where they are coming from but u guyz i just cant imagine..lemme ask u a simple question to u atheist, try and answer it honestly please, when u were 10 years old what did u believe in?
when I was that age I believed in god
but bro that was like 14 years ago

2 Likes

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 11:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
Junia:

God
and god is in heaven?

Why will Jesus now be calling the law given to the Jews, through his prophets and taught by Nicodemus, AN EARTHLY THINGS?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
akintom:
and god is in heaven?

Why will Jesus now be calling the law given to the Jews, through his prophets and taught by Nicodemus, AN EARTHLY THINGS?

The guy is lost
Jesus was teaching Nichodemus what it means to be born again and not the law. And being born again only happens on earth here. We dont become born again in Heaven.
Please read the Bible before you come to argue
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
jonbellion:
when I was that age I believed in god
but bro that was like 14 years ago
funny enough, the most bonifide of atheist were once christians who were in trouble and prayed to God to save them or change their situation but when that did not happen the stop believing...lemme ask u, do u believe there are demons, evil spirits, magic etc?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 11:40pm On Feb 20, 2017
akintom:
all these are mere and unverifiable claims. Didn't Jeremiah claimed the god made him prophet before he was conceived?

Did Jesus descend bodily from heaven?
unverifiable you say yet u are on this thread because of a quote in the book u claim to be unverifiable, which side are u on? its not right to believe some and leave some, u gotta choose
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
CriticMaestro:
funny enough, the most bonifide of atheist were once christians who were in trouble and prayed to God to save them or change their situation but when that did not happen the stop believing...lemme ask u, do u believe there are demons, evil spirits, magic etc?
no
I'm a naturalist as well

1 Like

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
adepeter26:

undecided
when u were 10 years old what did u believe in?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
CriticMaestro:
when u were 10 years old what did u believe in?
I believed in myself cool & God (xtian god)
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 11:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
jonbellion:
no
I'm a naturalist as well
that's fine, but can u prove how the human being came into existence? forget evolution, that theory has already been quashed by scientists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 11:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
adepeter26:

I believed in myself cool & God (xtian god)
when did u stop believing in God and what happen?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
CriticMaestro:
But funny enough, did you no God never saved any of us?
We don't believe in god neither spirits nor demons
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
CriticMaestro:
when did u stop believing in God and what happen?
6yrs ago. Nothing happened. I only began to realize "many" things about the religious god never summed up to be what we were told. They were all lies
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 11:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
CriticMaestro:
that's fine, but can u prove how the human being came into existence? forget evolution, that theory has already been quashed by scientists
lol
It has not
We are a product of evolution by natural selection
I however do not know the cause of existence after the universe started expanding

1 Like

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 11:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
adepeter26:

But funny enough, did you no God never saved any of us?
We don't believe in god neither spirits nor demons
the truth is no one is born an atheist, they all learnt not to believe in God
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 11:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
jonbellion:
lol
It has not
I however do not know the cause of existence after the universe started expanding
Atheism is natural to man, it is the most comfortable position. It is a reflection of his depraved state being engulfed in sin. The Bible states: the fool has said in his heart there is no God. Why, because there is so much evidence to the contrary? No, it is more of a hopeful out look so that they will not be accountable to anyone or for anything they have done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
jonbellion:
lol
It has not
I tire for this people o-o. Atimes, i ask myself if the religious people sit-down just a second to think and ask themselves this question; "what of the concept of God or idea of God was a story told by the cave men to their children and the tale kept on spreading from generation to generations just like the story of Harry Potter"

What if the ideology of God's existence is synonymous to the stories told by our forefathers to their grandchildren at night? (moonlight tales)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
CriticMaestro:
Atheism is natural to man, it is the most comfortable position. It is a reflection of his depraved state being engulfed in sin. The Bible states: the fool has said in his heart there is no God. Why, because there is so much evidence to the contrary? No, it is more of a hopeful out look so that they will not be accountable to anyone or for anything they have done.
Why is the Bolden always the sword of the theists?

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by DoctorAlien(m): 11:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
akintom:

Elijah and Enoch were given birth to, they claimed to have met and received messages from Yahweh. At the end, they both were ferried to heaven.

Jesus was given birth to and claimed all that Elijah and Enoch claimed. He was ferried to heaven too.

* what is the difference between the three of them?

* did Jesus descend from heaven? Noooo

Another name for crap is contradiction.

You are one of the most unintelligent "freethinkers" I've met on this forum. The magnitude of the stupidity of the questions you ask is staggering. I mean, to think that you claim that you once had anything to do with Christians is currently impossible for me.

Please, go and work on your comprehension before you quote me. Unintelligent questions are not meant to be answered.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
CriticMaestro:
the truth is no one is born an atheist, they all learnt not to believe in God
We were born what then? Theists? Déiste? Or what? On the day you were conceived, what's was ya belief? cheesy
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 12:02am On Feb 21, 2017
DoctorAlien:

You are one of the most unintelligent "freethinkers" I've met on this forum. The magnitude of the stupidity of the questions you ask is staggering. I mean, to think that you claim that you once had anything to do with Christians is currently impossible for me.

Please, go and work on your comprehension before you quote me. Unintelligent questions are not meant to be answered.
why must you always insult undecided
You can make your point without being obnoxious you know
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 12:03am On Feb 21, 2017
adepeter26:

We were born what then? Theists? Déiste? Or what? On the day you were conceived, what's was ya belief? cheesy
dont be ignorant, there's no way u were an atheist at the age of 10...hardly even a christian, because like atheist all christians learn to believe is not something u inherit..
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 12:06am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
unverifiable you say yet u are on this thread because of a quote in the book u claim to be unverifiable, which side are u on? its not right to believe some and leave some, u gotta choose
am on this thread because the crap compiled in the bible, is inherently harmful to the gullible and mentally weak folks.

Besides, it's the obvious contradictions in the fictitious story book called Bible, that's the focus here.

The crap you put forward as the explanation for the contradiction, further revealed the deeper incoherence embedded in the buy-bull.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
dont be ignorant, there's no way u were an atheist at the age of 10...hardly even a christian, because like atheist all christians learn to believe is not something u inherit..
Am lost oo. Can you please read the message you quoted in response to what we are discussing?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 12:07am On Feb 21, 2017
adepeter26:

Why is the Bolden always the sword of the theists?
you dont believe in God because u claim u are thinker and yet u have no logical explanation to nature, u just believe everything shaped itself from dust and pieces, who shaped the dust?? are u really thinking or is d devil doing it for u??huh
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 12:08am On Feb 21, 2017
DoctorAlien:

hohoh..... Kikikikikikiki...... This follower of nazarene is hurt in the most delicate place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osanyin Worshipers Meet Here: May Osanyin Teach You Medicines Ase / Ask Me Any Question About Islam / I Chose Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.