Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,327 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:33 PM

2019 Potential Presidents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Potential Presidents (32706 Views)

May 29 Remains Inauguration Day For Presidents – Senate / Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents / Statues Of African Presidents Erected By Okorocha In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
Having closely followed Nigerian politics especially 2011 and 2015 elections, I believe there are enough indications to safely predict who and who might be most likely victorious presidential candidates in 2019.
Until PMB's recent medical trip I was convinced there was no major obstacle for a PMB's second term. This I believed was simply due to the lack of a viable presidential candidate that can challenge the president at the polls.
May I remind you in 2011 that people voted mainly against GEJ due to his failures (real or perceived). Likewise in 2019 people (the majority at least) may consider voting against PMB (also against real and perceived flaws), but the deciding factor is lack of a reliable opposition figure to do to PMB what he did to GEJ .
So foreclosing the above scenario due to the president's health gives room for predicting his likely successor. Going by the president's decision to play neutral in legislature leadership elections, it's safe to say the president may decide to do the same thing in 2019 regarding APC presidential candidate.
This brings us to the top five people I'd consider most likely to succeed PMB.
Disclaimer: This is entirely my opinion, you are entitled to yours.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
1. Sen. Muhammadu Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso
Kwankwaso of course is the most popular northern candidate after PMB, and if you take the latter out of the race vast majority of northern electorates will vote for Kwankwaso.
Also Kwankwaso are in a very good term with PMB and he seem to be one of the most idle candidates for him to anoint. Remember also Kwankwaso came second in 2015 APC presidential primary election, now imagine PMB out of the picture.
Kwankwaso also seem to be the only nPDP decampee who has an excellent rapport with the presidency certainly more than a Saraki and Atiku.
As I stated earlier we currently lack story opposition, and it appears the way things are going there isn't gonna be an opposition with momentum, resources, members, and acceptance in 2019 the kind APC had prior to 2015 elections. So the main rumble is gonna take place within APC, the emerging candidate may just sail through.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by princejonhealth: 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
EazyMoh:
1. Sen. Muhammadu Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso
Kwankwaso of course is the most popular northern candidate after PMB, and if you take the latter out of the race vast majority of northern electorates will vote for Kwankwaso.
Also Kwankwaso are in a very good term with PMB and he seem to be one of the most idle candidates for him to anoint. Remember also Kwankwaso came second in 2015 APC presidential primary election, now imagine PMB out of the picture.
Kwankwaso also seem to be the only nPDP decampee who has an excellent rapport with the presidency certainly more than a Saraki and Atiku.
As I stated earlier we currently lack story opposition, and it appears the way things are going there isn't gonna be an opposition with momentum, resources, members, and acceptance in 2019 the kind APC had prior to 2015 elections. So the main rumble is gonna take place within APC, the emerging candidate may just sail through.
even in our Dreams we can't vote APC again

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
2. Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu
It's still no argument the Jagaban Borgu wields a lot of political clout follwership perhaps he's second only to PMB in terms of political base consolidation.
If Asiwaju were to throw his at in the ring in 2019 am sure even the now popular VP Osinbajo will mobilize for him. It is noteworthy Asiwaju's base was instrumental in PMB's emergence as presidential candidate because much of northern voted were decided among PMB, Kwankwaso and Atiku. It was Asiwaju's camp that boosted the former's votes to outweigh the rest.
May be if northern candidates (the likes of Atiku, Kwankwaso, Saraki who might contest) were to divide their votes in 2019, a lone Asiwaju from the south could clinch the ticket.
Forget PDP fielding a Dankwambo from the north, PDP is generally viewed as the main cause of Boko Haram, it's defeat is now credited to APC. Hence a northern candidate won't make any difference.
3 VP Prof. YEMI Osinbajo
The VP is arguably the most popular Nigerian politician today, especially giving his performance as Acting President. Unlike an overreaching Atiku or a docile GEJ as a VP and later Namadi Sambo, Osinbajo carries out his duties professionally and diplomatically. Also giving the level of trust, mutual respect and support he enjoys for PMB, I believe the president wouldn't mind giving him a chance to succeed him in 2019.
The only issue an Osinbajo candidacy might face could mainly be from the interest of Asiwaju if he also decides to join the rest. Giving the latter's grip on the loyalists of the party, Osinbajo may be defeated in the primary election by Tinubu himself. That is of course giving the divided nature of northern votes among those possible contestants.
The rest of the main election is going to be a walk in the park.

*Modified
Wow! it made FP without asking any Mod. I feel encouraged. Giving my interest in politics I'll definitely be writing more.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 10:09pm On Feb 20, 2017
Continued...
4 Alhaji Atiku Abubakar
2019 might be the best time for Turaki to actualize his more than a decade old dream. His main challenge however is that he has more friends outside APC than inside. For example PMB still believes Atiku was part and parcel of the repeated mantra of 16 years PDP corruption. While he may overlook a minister or a state governor who may not have done much of the damage, Atiku especially pre-2003 was the de factor president. Therefore we all know Atiku wouldn't be the idlest candidate for PMB to support.
But due to the different vested interests in the party, Turaki could mobilize all the former PDP members in the party and we all know they are strong enough to hijack the party and nominate him as the presidential candidate. With people like Saraki, Tambuwal, Ameachi Dogara on his side, Atiku stands a very good chance against whoever Tinubu's camp will support. As I keep emphasizing, winning the primary election is the main issue.
5. SP Sen. Abubakar Bukola Saraki
Giving the Turaki situation above, the Senate president may succeed in beating Turaki to get the "PDP members in APC" caucus support. A crisis is likely to erupt and trust these cunning PDP members to exploit it like they did in the Senate president election.
Conclusion
Barring any major change like the death of the president (God forbid) or him anointing his preferred candidate outside these five (People like El-Rufai, but I believe he'd be more interested in a second term than this gamble unless the president asks him to fill in his shoes like OBJ did to Yar'Adua), I strongly believe the next president of Nigeria is up there.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
princejonhealth:
even in our Dreams we can't vote APC again
Edo and Ogun say otherwise.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
I don't think all will be well with the APC north-SW alliance if an Osibanjo presidency does not succeed Buhari's. No northern APC politician will ever command the kind of following Buhari has for a very long time

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by 989900: 11:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
Fashola.
Osinbajo.
Kachikwu.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by APCHaram: 11:15pm On Feb 20, 2017
Abacha
Dimka
Qaddafi
Idi Amin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by kettykings: 11:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
EazyMoh:
2. Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu
It's still no argument the Jagaban Borgu wields a lot of political clout follwership perhaps he's second only to PMB in terms of political base consolidation.
If Asiwaju were to throw his at in the ring in 2019 am sure even the now popular VP Osinbajo will mobilize for him. It is noteworthy Asiwaju's base was instrumental in PMB's emergence as presidential candidate because much of northern voted were decided among PMB, Kwankwaso and Atiku. It was Asiwaju's camp that boosted the former's votes to outweigh the rest.
May be if northern candidates (the likes of Atiku, Kwankwaso, Saraki who might contest) were to divide their votes in 2019, a lone Asiwaju from the south could clinch the ticket.
Forget PDP fielding a Dankwambo from the north, PDP is generally viewed as the main cause of Boko Haram, it's defeat is now credited to APC. Hence a northern candidate won't make any difference.

even if all the contestans from the north withdraw can tinubu win ?

41 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 6:27am On Feb 21, 2017
989900:
Fashola.
Osinbajo.
Kachikwu.
Fashola's popularity and political fortunes have nosedived as a result (or lack there of) of his below expected performance in the ministries he commandeers which makes Osinbajo the most popular contendant from the whole south. However most of those to rally for him (Osibanjo) especially from the south as his base are Tinubu loyalists. If Tinubu then decides to join the race Osinbajo has no chance in APC.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 6:32am On Feb 21, 2017
kettykings:

even if all the contestans from the north withdraw can tinubu win ?
Do you mean the general election or what? If it where primary who'd he be contesting against then. If it's general election then you should know there isn't gonna be any other party to be close to being strong enough to defeat APC nationwide.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Ngokafor(f): 6:49am On Feb 21, 2017
..lmao!!..so its no longer 'sai baba buhari till 2023'??...In 2015,it was 'buhari will rule till 2023,after that Osibanjo will rule for another 8 years blablabla!!

...Funny clowns!!...you all sit down in one dingy corner making permutations in future tenses you have no control over..'Igbos will never rule,Biafra will never come,we will control the destiny of Igbos till eternity blablabla..

..Now its another set of calculations for 2019,with buhari's name missing embarassed

..Buhari himself on ascension of the throne was behaving like a demi-god with his 97% and 5% thingy,now he is lying sick while the 5% are alive and kicking and the 97% crying of hunger and starvation..

..Let the uncertainty surrounding buhari and 2019 presidency now be a lesson for you numb-skulls(apc supporters)..thats if you have any common sense undecided..Never say never is the watch-word of the wise.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:51am On Feb 21, 2017
I Stand With Osinbajo wink

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 21, 2017
I give up on Nigeria sad

9 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 7:17am On Feb 21, 2017
kropotkin2:
I don't think all will be well with the APC north-SW alliance if an Osibanjo presidency does not succeed Buhari's. No northern APC politician will ever command the kind of following Buhari has for a very long time
You are right, but a Kwankwaso with even a neutral Buhari would get like 70% of Buhari's support in the north. That's I put him top of the list.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 7:23am On Feb 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

..lmao!!..so its no longer 'sai baba buhari till 2023'??...In 2015,it was 'buhari will rull till 2023,after that Osibanjo will rull for another 8 years blablabla!!

...Funny clowns!!...you all sit down in one dingy corner making permutations in future tenses you have no control over..'Igbos will never rule,Biafra will never come,we will control the destiny of Igbos till eternity blablabla..

..Now its another set of calculations for 2019,with buhari's name missing embarassed

..Buhari himself on ascension of the throne was behaving like a demi-god with his 97% and 5% thingy,now he is lying sick while the 5% are alive and kicking and the 97% crying of hunger and starvation..

..Let the uncertainty surrounding buhari and 2019 presidency now be a lesson for you numb-skulls(apc supporters)..thats if you have any common sense undecided..Never say never is the watch-word for the wise.
Lol! You have succeed in saying nothing actually.
We supported PMB in 2015 and today he's the president while you were beating chest. Your hero lost and nothing happened.
Unlike you who are blinded by sentiments and lack of vision, we can decode and analyze political happenings to predict and plan for what's gonna happen. And the prediction is that nor PDP nor any other political party is gonna stop an APC candidate from winning.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 7:25am On Feb 21, 2017
SamuelAnyawu:
I Stand With Osinbajo wink
An Osinbajo presidency would stabilize Nigeria, and he really seemed focus and determined. Only problem is that he is still a baby in the party. So they might muscle him out of the contest.

6 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Kyase(m): 7:28am On Feb 21, 2017
ucsparks:
I give up on Nigeria sad
Congo is calling

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Ngokafor(f): 7:37am On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

Lol! You have succeed in saying nothing actually.
We supported PMB in 2015 and today he's the president while you were beating chest. Your hero lost and nothing happened.
Unlike you who are blinded by sentiments and lack of vision, we can decode and analyze political happenings to predict and plan for what's gonna happen. And the prediction is that nor PDP nor any other political party is gonna stop an APC candidate from winning.

.....Okayoo!!..suit yourself...Meanwhile 'sai buhari till 2023' embarassed cheesy

12 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by SIRmanjar(m): 8:07am On Feb 21, 2017
Ahmed Bola tinubu..HAHAHAHAHA!Op u are a great comedian o.It will be very easy for a truck load of granite to pass tru de eye of a neddle dan jagaban been de president.

8 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by mancanoe: 8:11am On Feb 21, 2017
NIGERIA DON'T NEED A F U L A N I MAN AS PRESIDENT FOR NOW, NIGERIA DON'T NEED A F U L A N I MAN AS PRESIDENT FOR NOW,

10 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by theSpark(m): 8:25am On Feb 21, 2017
Kwankwaso has the appearance of a northern-centric person. That aside he has a strong chance of winning. However I have this feeling that the current VP will do so well that he's going to contest and probably win because of his style of government.

The rest don't cut it.

Whenever PDP settles I'll add Sule Lamido to my list of possibles.

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 8:49am On Feb 21, 2017
theSpark:
Kwankwaso has the appearance of a northern-centric person. That aside he has a strong chance of winning. However I have this feeling that the current VP will do so well that he's going to contest and probably win because of his style of government.

The rest don't cut it.

Whenever PDP settles I'll add Sule Lamido to my list of possibles.
You are on point however may I point out to you that Kwankwaso isn't perceived as "north centric" half the extent Buhari was. Yet he was elected.
Osinbajo like I said has no party loyalists or big boys yet. And PDP isn't going anywhere, mind you I am from the same ward with Sule Lamido.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Jesusloveyou: 10:50am On Feb 21, 2017
989900:
Fashola.
Osinbajo.
Kachikwu.
remove kachikwu and replace it with el-rufai.
It is one of the three buhari wil anoint.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Jesusloveyou: 11:06am On Feb 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

..lmao!!..so its no longer 'sai baba buhari till 2023'??...In 2015,it was 'buhari will rull till 2023,after that Osibanjo will rull for another 8 years blablabla!!

..Let the uncertainty surrounding buhari and 2019 presidency now be a lesson for you numb-skulls(apc supporters)..thats if you have any common sense undecided..Never say never is the watch-word for the wise.
see this one, did you know how many ipods that has died since 2015 and many that wil stil die before buhari.
And you may be among

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Ngokafor(f): 11:18am On Feb 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
see this one, did you know how many ipods that has died since 2015 and many that wil stil die before buhari.
And you may be among

....And you shall surely die before me..By the way,so no Yoruba,hausas or other tribes has died since 2015??...piglets like you should please stop quoting me becuse you lack common sense.
But .I can only encourge you to keep boasting like buhari you hear?,like you cant drop dead any minute yourself..

16 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Goke7: 11:19am On Feb 21, 2017
989900:
Fashola.
Osinbajo.
Kachikwu.

A kachikwu will not be a bad idea, especially should another yar adua episode happened again [God forbid sha]. It will make common sense to give an igbo man a chance and a Kachikwu candidacy will not be a bad idea especially to the SW. Obj from the SW was President for 8 years and since a SS man GEJ has been a given a chance, I think its only fair the igbos to have their turn too

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Goke7: 11:20am On Feb 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:

el rufai has too many baggage we cannot afford now abeg. Its time our Fulani brethren take some chill now.

10 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by 989900: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:

Rufai is a 'no-no', he is a cantankerous SOB.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola / Saraki Pays Surprise Visit To Akume / APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.