Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

2019 Potential Presidents - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Potential Presidents (32736 Views)

May 29 Remains Inauguration Day For Presidents – Senate / Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents / Statues Of African Presidents Erected By Okorocha In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by WizBLANCE(m): 11:30am On Feb 21, 2017
MUST THE PRESIDENT BE FROM THE NORTH?

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by 989900: 11:33am On Feb 21, 2017
Goke7:

A kachikwu will not be a bad idea, especially should another yar adua episode happened again [God forbid sha]. It will make common sense to give an igbo man a chance and a Kachikwu candidacy will not be a bad idea especially to the SW. Obj from the SW was President for 8 years and since a SS man GEJ has been a given a chance, I think its only fair the igbos to have their turn too

Kachikwu is from Delta.

BTW, I don't give a Fxck about where folks are from though.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Goke7: 11:40am On Feb 21, 2017
989900:

Kachikwu is from Delta.

BTW, I don't give a Fxck about where folks are from though.

but he is igbo, yea I don't care where folks are from too but with the way this country is divided along ethnic lines right now, we need to make some concessions to reduce the tension.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
Goke7:

A kachikwu will not be a bad idea, especially should another yar adua episode happened again [God forbid sha]. It will make common sense to give an igbo man a chance and a Kachikwu candidacy will not be a bad idea especially to the SW. Obj from the SW was President for 8 years and since a SS man GEJ has been a given a chance, I think its only fair the igbos to have their turn too

Mind you this is not a list of those I deem most fit for the job,it is the list those with the potential to achieve it (the seat not the job).
Kachikwu isn't even a politician to start with. you don't expect people like Ameachi to take a back seat when they were all the party depended on in the region to make it were it is today.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 12:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
WizBLANCE:
MUST THE PRESIDENT BE FROM THE NORTH?
Check the list it's almost 50-50, but for people like you you only see what y7 want to see.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by seyigiggle: 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
Please look beyond your nose, but then its your opinion.

EazyMoh:
1. Sen. Muhammadu Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso
Kwankwaso of course is the most popular northern candidate after PMB, and if you take the latter out of the race vast majority of northern electorates will vote for Kwankwaso.
Also Kwankwaso are in a very good term with PMB and he seem to be one of the most idle candidates for him to anoint. Remember also Kwankwaso came second in 2015 APC presidential primary election, now imagine PMB out of the picture.
Kwankwaso also seem to be the only nPDP decampee who has an excellent rapport with the presidency certainly more than a Saraki and Atiku.
As I stated earlier we currently lack story opposition, and it appears the way things are going there isn't gonna be an opposition with momentum, resources, members, and acceptance in 2019 the kind APC had prior to 2015 elections. So the main rumble is gonna take place within APC, the emerging candidate may just sail through.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Asidy(m): 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
if not Buhari, then who?? the answer is KWANKWASO. No any politician can match with half of kwankwaso. Remember kwankwaso came from the most populated region (North West) which comprises KANO, KATSINA, KADUNA, KEBBI, JIGAWA, SOKOTO and ZAMFARA.
We in the north, we r not seeing kwankwaso as a kano central senator, but senator of the north. Am sure, even if Buhari will contest against kwankwaso, it may be 50-50 or kwankwaso may win.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by ephi123(f): 1:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

Mind you this is not a list of those I deem most fit for the job,it is the list those with the potential to achieve it (the seat not the job).
Kachikwu isn't even a politician to start with. you don't expect people like Ameachi to take a back seat when they were all the party depended on in the region to make it were it is today.

This is exactly why Nigeria can never move forward. With this kind of mindset, gonna be a long ride.

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
APCHaram:
Abacha
Dimka
Qaddafi
Idi Amin
Hehehe, but...

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by eunisam: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2017
Disclaimer : this is entirely my unopinion.

All the above mentioned are not fit to rule Nigeria. They may be manageable in Gambia.

I think Peter Obi, pat utomi, that Akwaibom man and fayose will do better.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by ephi123(f): 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
By the way what happened to "Buhari till 2023"? Why not feature him on this list as well.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by officialJP(m): 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
wer is mama peace grin
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by yinkson(m): 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by WizBLANCE(m): 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

Check the list it's almost 50-50, but for people like you you only see what y7 want to see.
yes 50% Hausa and the rest Nigerians share the remaining 50% Right?
please don't quote me again because I am very close to insulting you.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by arowstev2000: 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
Wat of yeast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by officialJP(m): 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
grin

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by futurewise11(m): 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
remove kachikwu and replace it with el-rufai.
It is one of the three buhari wil anoint.

El rufai may not win due to the way media portray him as anti christian. He also has second term chance as governor to deal with.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
`

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by doubleportion: 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:
Having closely followed Nigerian politics especially 2011 and 2015 elections, I believe there are enough indications to safely predict who and who might be most likely victorious presidential candidates in 2019.
Until PMB's recent medical trip I was convinced there was no major obstacle for a PMB's second term. This I believed was simply due to the lack of a viable presidential candidate that can challenge the president at the polls.
May I remind you in 2011 that people voted mainly against GEJ due to his failures (real or perceived). Likewise in 2019 people (the majority at least) may consider voting against PMB (also against real and perceived flaws), but the deciding factor is lack of a reliable opposition figure to do to PMB what he did to GEJ .
So foreclosing the above scenario due to the president's health gives room for predicting his likely successor. Going by the president's decision to play neutral in legislature leadership elections, it's safe to say the president may decide to do the same thing in 2019 regarding APC presidential candidate.
This brings us to the top five people I'd consider most likely to succeed PMB.
Disclaimer: This is entirely my opinion, you are entitled to yours.
Though you have already said it was your opinion, but my opinion is that PMB might also know his health status, thereby getting himself ready since he will not want to breakdown when it matter most. Still an opinion, you will discover that no back home has never heard his voice, because we can deduce his state of health and shout on him to come back home if we deduced that he is healthy, after this year politicking begins. So all these hullabaloo that PMB is unhealthy and he will not run in 2019 may be a delusion.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
WizBLANCE:

yes 50% Hausa and the rest Nigerians share the remaining 50% Right?
please don't quote me again because I am very close to insulting you.
There are five people of there, Tinubu and Osinbajo are clearly southerners, Atiku and Kwankwaso are clearly northerners with Saraki in the middle. OK agreed he's a northerner it's still a 60:40 ratio how does that translate to the rubbish you are typing?
You you don't insult me they never born you well!
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by cyprex: 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
APCHaram:
Abacha
Dimka
Qaddafi
Idi Amin

Jokes apart, you may be actually hallucinating undecided.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by bong4(m): 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
ALL the NAMES....I mean ALL THE NAMES mentioned here are the reason why Nigeria has not made progress.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2017
doubleportion:

Though you have already said it was your opinion, but my opinion is that PMB might also know his health status, thereby getting himself ready since he will not want to breakdown when it matter most. Still an opinion, you will discover that no back home has never heard his voice, because we can deduce his state of health and shout on him to come back home if we deduced that he is healthy, after this year politicking begins. So all these hullabaloo that PMB is unhealthy and he will not run in 2019 may be a delusion.
Thank you for understanding, B but the main reason I no longer subscribe to the thought of PMB contesting is simply because he demonstrated readiness to give the VP Acting powers something Yar'Adua failed to do even when he was bed ridden. This indicates that he may decide not to contest in 2019. If he does however then there won't be anybody stopping his second term.
Mind you he is still getting older and at approaching 80 years his health can only be managed.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Koolking(m): 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:
Continued...
4 Alhaji Atiku Abubakar

5. SP Sen. Abubakar Bukola Saraki

These candidates don't stand a chance. Their antecedents work against them. Unless the people's mandate is hijacked by the cabal

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
allrightsir:

None of the people you have mentioned have shown any capacity for great thinking or a capacity for the sort of visionary leadership and ideas that can change the course of this country. If this are the options, better start to emigrate with your family.
Lol! Am not saying they are the best, am saying they are the ones favored by the odds.
I'd have added my name if I was thinking of the hands for the job. Anyway we just have to make use of bad situations and make sure we always elect the least of all evilly at all times.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by UchaNwababa: 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

..lmao!!..so its no longer 'sai baba buhari till 2023'??...In 2015,it was 'buhari will rull till 2023,after that Osibanjo will rull for another 8 years blablabla!!

...Funny clowns!!...you all sit down in one dingy corner making permutations in future tenses you have no control over..'Igbos will never rule,Biafra will never come,we will control the destiny of Igbos till eternity blablabla..

..Now its another set of calculations for 2019,with buhari's name missing embarassed

..Buhari himself on ascension of the throne was behaving like a demi-god with his 97% and 5% thingy,now he is lying sick while the 5% are alive and kicking and the 97% crying of hunger and starvation..

..Let the uncertainty surrounding buhari and 2019 presidency now be a lesson for you numb-skulls(apc supporters)..thats if you have any common sense undecided..Never say never is the watch-word for the wise.
u nailled it infact i promise N5k for showing maturity just send ur Acct No to me denks

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Koolking:

These candidates don't stand a chance. Their antecedents work against them. Unless the people's mandate is hijacked by the cabal
The people's mandate first have to be decided at the primary elections. If circumstances favour any of those and they I merger APC candidates there isn't opposition strong enough to defeat the ruling party.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by mildteddy(m): 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

Lol! You have succeed in saying nothing actually.
We supported PMB in 2015 and today he's the president while you were beating chest. Your hero lost and nothing happened.
Unlike you who are blinded by sentiments and lack of vision, we can decode and analyze political happenings to predict and plan for what's gonna happen. And the prediction is that nor PDP nor any other political party is gonna stop an APC candidate from winning.

Wow!

Tell me, how has that helped your life and the life of your kinsmen generally?

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Abudu2000(m): 1:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

Edo and Ogun say otherwise.
which edo Speak for yourself you parrot!!!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by doubleportion: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

You are on point however may I point out to you that Kwankwaso isn't perceived as "north centric" half the extent Buhari was. Yet he was elected.
Osinbajo like I said has no party loyalists or big boys yet. And PDP isn't going anywhere, mind you I am from the same ward with Sule Lamido.
Lamido with all those corruption history? It will be had!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Abudu2000(m): 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ppl i urge others to never support

anyone above 50years of age,

Someone who ruled before or took part in the military era

Someone from the north

Someone who wears glasses

Someone who is acting as an opposition now

Someone who is playing the blame game

Like if you think I'm right!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Kiakia(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:
2. Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu
It's still no argument the Jagaban Borgu wields a lot of political clout follwership perhaps he's second only to PMB in terms of political base consolidation.
If Asiwaju were to throw his at in the ring in 2019 am sure even the now popular VP Osinbajo will mobilize for him. It is noteworthy Asiwaju's base was instrumental in PMB's emergence as presidential candidate because much of northern voted were decided among PMB, Kwankwaso and Atiku. It was Asiwaju's camp that boosted the former's votes to outweigh the rest.
May be if northern candidates (the likes of Atiku, Kwankwaso, Saraki who might contest) were to divide their votes in 2019, a lone Asiwaju from the south could clinch the ticket.
Forget PDP fielding a Dankwambo from the north, PDP is generally viewed as the main cause of Boko Haram, it's defeat is now credited to APC. Hence a northern candidate won't make any difference.
3 VP Prof. YEMI Osinbajo
The VP is arguably the most popular Nigerian politician today, especially giving his performance as Acting President. Unlike an overreaching Atiku or a docile GEJ as a VP and later Namadi Sambo, Osinbajo carries out his duties professionally and diplomatically. Also giving the level of trust, mutual respect and support he enjoys for PMB, I believe the president wouldn't mind giving him a chance to succeed him in 2019.
The only issue an Osinbajo candidacy might face could mainly be from the interest of Asiwaju if he also decides to join the rest. Giving the latter's grip on the loyalists of the party, Osinbajo may be defeated in the primary election by Tinubu himself. That is of course giving the divided nature of northern votes among those possible contestants.
The rest of the main election is going to be a walk in the park.
Tinubu ke! Probably a joke by you. Anyways, you are entitled to your opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soon-To-Wed Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Maiduguri (Photos) / Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies / Orji Kalu's Posters Flood Katsina, Kano, Gasau, Lagos, Osun, Owerri, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.