Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,841 members, 7,798,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu (1080 Views)

Jonathan's N100 Note: Nigeria's Worst Currency - Muslim Group / Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu / Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Botango23(m): 10:15pm On Feb 20, 2017
The Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu , on Monday, took a swipe at the All Progressives Congress administration led by President Muhammadu Buhari , saying the economy has suffered more crisis under the new government. Ekweremadu said this at the Peoples Democratic Party’ s national stakeholders’ meeting held at the Ekiti State Governor’s Lodge , Asokoro, Abuja, on Monday. The Deputy Senate President, while decrying the worsening economic conditions of the country , alleged that “ all APC promises had been kept in the reverse order .” He was quoted by his Special Adviser on Media , Mr Uche Anichukwu , as saying , “ They told us that one US dollar would be one naira when they take over. Has that happened ? Today, our currency is the worst currency in the whole of Africa . Is that the type of democracy we looked forward to ? I can see a situation where the price of oil is going up and the value of naira is going down . What type of economics is that?” Ekweremadu , however, enjoined PDP faithful to remain strong as the party would “ work with Nigerians to restore true democracy and hope to our people.” He said , “ I believe that with determination and sticking together , we will triumph and Nigeria will be better for it.” The Deputy Senate President also condemned what he described as the manipulation of vital institutions of democracy and radical decline of democratic freedoms in Nigeria . He also said the solidarity of all key organs of the PDP for the Senator Ahmed Makarfi- led National Caretaker Committee , despite the recent judgment of the Court of Appeal on the party’s leadership tussle , showed that “ it is not the hood that makes the monk.” Ekweremadu , while condemning the sealing of the International Conference Centre, Abuja, the earlier announced venue of the meeting, by the security agencies , said that “ such flagrant manipulation of critical institutions of democracy is not only dangerous , but bad news for the nation’s democracy .” He said , “ We are aware that all the institutions of democracy are being manipulated and harassed in this country . The National Assembly and the press are not left out . The Independent National Electoral Commission has been captured and now a part of the APC . Our judiciary is being insulted and assaulted every day. Their houses are being attacked very late at night and the judges are being harassed . “ So, we are not surprised at what we are seeing today (sealing of meeting venue )? But what remains is for us to remain resolute .” The Deputy Senate President expressed his displeasure at what he described as the rising political persecution in the country . He said , “ If you look around this room , you will see a lot of people who are being harassed, persecuted and taken to court. What is their offence ? They claim they allegedly received stolen property, yet , nobody has been arraigned for the actual stealing . As a lawyer, I know that if you are being arraigned for receiving stolen property, you must first of all arraign the man who stole the property. That is not so in our own case . Is that democracy ?” Ekwememadu urged party members to remain resolute and protect the soul of the PDP and the nation’s democracy , insisting that the party leaders were made by the party faithful and could never be imposed from the outside . He said , “ We have heard there was a judgment in Port Harcourt . Now , those who benefitted from the judgment , where are they ? Are they with our former ministers ? Are they with our National Assembly members ? Are they with our governors ? Which organ of the party are they with or is with them ? The truth is that it is not the hood that makes the monk .”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Amiano(m): 10:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
Reverse gear economy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by DozieInc(m): 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
hmmm... Na so!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by bochy: 10:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by fallout87: 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
He's not lying.

It took two years for APC to do damage which PDP couldn't do in 16.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by naijaboy756: 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
The paid Zombie staff of Buhari media center are yet to see this thread.

They would soon come,raise the blame,put on their kpololo skulls and move to Jonathan's feet...

Madridguy,Sarki,Passingshi,Jesuslovesyou,Omenka etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by 1shortblackboy: 11:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
naijaboy756:
The paid Zombie staff of Buhari media center are yet to see this thread.

They would soon come,raise the blame,put on their kpololo skulls and move to Jonathan's feet...

Madridguy,Sarki,Passingshi,Jesuslovesyou,Omenka etc
what if buhari became president in 1999 after all those years of military rule...... clueless nigga
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by chuka5000(m): 11:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
oil prices going up and economy going down

I Don tire for zombies
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by naijaboy756: 11:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
1shortblackboy:
what if buhari became president in 1999 after all those years of military rule...... clueless nigga
see your psychiatrist

3 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by BlackMbakara1(m): 11:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
Another Joker spewing thrash...where were you when one idiot was gifted with 9.8M dolls and all he could do is hide the money without investing?

If that idiot that is not a minister or a senator can have that, how much more a minister or a senator would have and possibly where the money will be hidden?

Is the deputy senate president not part of this government or he's in another government?

My prayer is for trump to redesign american dollar so all the thieves that have stashed monies in their various houses and soakaway will bring it out and quench the heavy demand...

#OurMumuDonDo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by music4me(m): 12:04am On Feb 21, 2017
It cant be as bad as zimbabwe currency,U actually need a truckload of it to buy ordinary bread...
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by kolado(m): 12:35am On Feb 21, 2017
You cannot put something on nothing and expect it to stand.
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by mykelmeezy: 1:44am On Feb 21, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
Another Joker spewing thrash...where were you when one idiot was gifted with 9.8M dolls and all he could do is hide the money without investing?

If that idiot that is not a minister or a senator can have that, how much more a minister or a senator would have and possibly where the money will be hidden?

keep quiet there

put blaming aside

more so a gmn of nnpc have more access to usd than senators or reps

BlackMbakara1:
My prayer is for trump to redesign american dollar so all the thieves that have stashed monies in their various houses and soakaway will bring it out and quench the heavy demand...

#OurMumuDonDo

don't get me wrong those looters play their part n the lightning that will kill them is getting gangra*ed in thunder & lightning max.prison

but don't blame anybody but buhari n his current policies for the present scarcity

dollar isn't really scarce there is just massive hoarding by banks so they make profit

else how will dollar scarcity hit a bank in Victoria island/asokoro

but one abokki in zamfara has dollars 24/7

those who are making profit are making huge profits

n that my Friend is the biggest scam/corruption in this government
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by mykelmeezy: 1:45am On Feb 21, 2017
simple fact...let no zombie try blame past admin

its 80% buharis fault

too many try n hope it works policies
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by BlackMbakara1(m): 4:49am On Feb 21, 2017
mykelmeezy:

keep quiet there

put blaming aside

more so a gmn of nnpc have more access to usd than senators or reps

don't get me wrong those looters play their part n the lightning that will kill them is getting gangra*ed in thunder & lightning max.prison

but don't blame anybody but buhari n his current policies for the present scarcity

dollar isn't really scarce there is just massive hoarding by banks so they make profit

else how will dollar scarcity hit a bank in Victoria island/asokoro

but one abokki in zamfara has dollars 24/7

those who are making profit are making huge profits

n that my Friend is the biggest scam/corruption in this government

I'm entitled to my own view and opinion so also you. In your heart of heart, you've made a point right?

Next time be civil on how you mention someone...your not in any position to tell me to keep quiet. For the fact you have access to keyboard and free data doesn't give you room to behave like someone from the bush. Be guided!
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by dubemnaija: 5:46am On Feb 21, 2017
BlackMbakara1:

I'm entitled to my own view and opinion so also you. In your heart of heart, you've made a point right?

Ur opinion here is baseless

2 Likes

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by loopmangoat(m): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2017
Truth

1 Like

Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by Goke7: 11:26am On Feb 21, 2017
is Ekweremadu not a part of the leadership of this present administration? This man is politically naive sha!
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by ezenaija(m): 11:44am On Feb 21, 2017
Another ignorant comment from an ignorant PDP leader!
Make EFCC contact me, I go give the names of Ekweremadu's money launderers in Dubai and Lagos. Make him own contribution to our economic hardship become public knowledge.
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by mykelmeezy: 11:48am On Feb 21, 2017
BlackMbakara1:

Next time be civil on how you mention someone...your not in any position to tell me to keep quiet. For the fact you have access to keyboard and free data doesn't give you room to behave like someone from the bush. Be guided!

cry me a river

i pay for my internet

if where i am is a bush ill rather stay here

bush with 24/7 basic amenities is better than your shitthole

so yea i have the right to tell every irrelevant opinion to shut up
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by owobokiri(m): 11:51am On Feb 21, 2017
I just hope everybody has learnt one or two lessons from this..
Re: Under Buhari, Naira Now Africa’s Worst Currency – Ekweremadu by sosy25: 12:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
Part of this scarce foreign exchange has been used by several politicians to visit Buhari in the United Kingdom

Part of this scarce foreign exchange has been used to pay British doctors for the past one month by Buhari.

Part of this scarce foreign exchange has been used to cover Buhari's expenses in the United Kingdom for the past one month.

Part of this scarce foreign exchange is also lost to corruption. Politicians in both PDP and APC have stolen billions of naira and when they steal they convert it to US Dollar and keep or in the case of Andrew Yakubu (PDP) they steal US Dollars directly and keep in a slum. The current Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal (APC) used 250 million naira to cut grass. A large part of this 250 million naira would have been stolen and converted into US Dollars and kept somewhere. When you add the amounts stolen by Diezani Allison-Madueke (PDP) and the $15 million stolen by Patience Jonathan (PDP) and the one Burutai (APC) stole and converted to US Dollars and used to buy houses in Dubai and all the large sums judges have used to buy US Dollars you would know that there would always be demand pressure on the US Dollar.

With all these, foreign exchange would always be scarce. We who are not in government and are not thieves have to earn our own foreign exchange and stop depending on the CBN or BDC's. If you want to earn your own foreign exchange check my signature.

(1) (Reply)

Was Buhari Really Poisoned? / Lagos State Car Radio License Information / EFCC Recent Loot Discoveries are Laughable -. Baptist Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.