Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) (38778 Views)

We Believe We Are All One, One Nigeria Forever – Biafran War Veterans / The Implication Of Biafran Nation - Ekweremadu Speaks / Foreign Journalist In Owerri To See Biafran War Weapons. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by Alexrayz(m): 9:05am On Feb 21, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
Our Union is like a forced Marriage.
Unless we come together to negotiate and reach on a compromise, we will never live in peace.
Our unity is negotiable.
The national confab of the former administration tried bringing all Nigerians of different tribes to negotiate their differences and the way forward but unfortunately the present govt deemed it worthless.
But rather prefered using military mights.
It is only posterity that can tell what Nigeria will be.

Yea I agree but still ur case can't be worst dan great Britain and yet they all staying together the truth is dat even if the country is divided u hear cases of violence among the various group let learn from d mistakes of Sudan they thought d problem was them been together they had a referendum and split yet it still a conflict zone I think we should first learn to love ourselves our peer group our tribe our neighbours before thinking dat far
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by dreamworld: 9:06am On Feb 21, 2017
victorvezx:

Yes. At least our oil the biafrans wan thief for free still dey Naija hand
Ororo Afonja, and they told u igbo's both on se and ss don't have their own oil abi. Grow up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by StOla: 9:06am On Feb 21, 2017
Karlman:
...mercenaries fightin for biafra? lol ...with egyptian pilots and sixteen million pounds from britain and WW2 left over weapons from same britain to keep this contraption together. ...NIGERIA HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER WIN A WAR.

You should have said that to Gowon in 1970. Some are still crying over 20pounds till today.

Your mercenaries are well documented in video evidences, no need trying to revise history.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:07am On Feb 21, 2017
timecapsule:
When the end meet the starting, that make it a circle. The saga of 1967 - 1970 has not been forgotten, it is now loading. It will end the existance of this nation. CONFAB remind us that the circle is completed, if not agreed to. 67-70 was EASTERN REGION & NORTHER REGION as biafran war. 2017- will be between WESTERN REGION & NORTHERN REGION as ? ? which will bring about THERE WAS A COUNTRY.

Sharrap there and stop acting like an internet super man, people like you chicken out when you hear banger explode...ask your parents what they experienced in the war and you won't want to experience half of it.... all you idiots shout war but cannot kill a fly, if you really want to fight go to Aso Rock and point a gun at security operatives and see if your shittee brain won't be blown out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by achi4u(m): 9:09am On Feb 21, 2017
Today, can you compare the living standards of the Northerners to the Easterners?
Nigeria will never be the same again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by KingsJohnson(m): 9:17am On Feb 21, 2017
zendy:
Anyone who looks at that picture well will see that it is 'staged'

They just brought a group of boys and asked them to stare at a newspaper and raise their hands.

The picture is fake!

I wonder if anyone saw the little white boy in the picture?

Omo you nah correct sharp nigga, detective job would have fit you bro.

White screwing Africa since 18AD

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by kingthreat(m): 9:20am On Feb 21, 2017
Yeah the Igbos lost and cowarded out grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by tolexy123: 9:21am On Feb 21, 2017
zendy:

They just brought a group of boys and asked them to stare at a newspaper and raise their hands.

The picture is fake!

Uncle thomas, even your birth was staged

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by thesicilian: 9:23am On Feb 21, 2017
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by Ishilove: 9:23am On Feb 21, 2017
StOla:

I guess unconditional surrender of Biafra was staged too?
Ojukwu running off to Ivory Coast was staged too?
The numerous mercenaries fighting for Biafra were staged too?
Don't mind these hot blooded boys born yesterday. If they were alive during the war, they will understand why these people were rejoicing that the horror was over.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by jhenie(f): 9:26am On Feb 21, 2017
HELL NO!!!

thesicilian:
Was it really worth it, fighting to keep Nigeria as one?
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by Ishilove: 9:28am On Feb 21, 2017
KingOfAmebo:

Sharrap there and stop acting like an internet super man, people like you chicken out when you hear banger explode...ask your parents what they experienced in the war and you won't want to experience half of it.... all you idiots shout war but cannot kill a fly, if you really want to fight go to Aso Rock and point a gun at security operatives and see if your shittee brain won't be blown out.
I have witnessed a riot and I was very scared. Now imagine a war, complete with aerial bombings, ground troops firing hot bullets, fire, looting, _raping and pillaging, break down of societal order as we know it.

Imagine the horror...

Let them ask the old soldiers who fought and survived that terrible war instead of coming her to write trash.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by joseph1832ng: 9:33am On Feb 21, 2017
Ishilove:

I have witnessed a riot and I was very scared. Now imagine a war, complete with aerial bombings, ground troops firing hot bullets, fire, looting, _raping and pillaging, break down of societal order as we know it.

Imagine the horror...

Let them ask the old soldiers who fought and survived that terrible war instead of coming her to write trash.
My dad fought in this war, the stories he tell isn't nice to hear, at all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by mmsen: 9:36am On Feb 21, 2017
victorvezx:

They were not only rebels but oil thieves

You can't steal from your own home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by dxpat4reel: 9:36am On Feb 21, 2017
Nnamdisblog:
Nigerians celebrating the end of Nigerian Civil War, better known as the Biafran War, after over two and a half years of horror, 1970.

http://www.naijahelm.com/2017/02/throwback-photo-nigerians-celebrating.html?m=1

See the headline. REBELS SURRENDER.... IT SHOULD BE FREEDOM FIGHTERS NOT REBELS
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by magicminister: 9:37am On Feb 21, 2017
mykelmeezy:
Biafra land of the rising sun

what a country it could have been

too bad we never got a chance to find out

In my heart of hearts, i know it would've been a shittt hole.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by freezy9: 9:38am On Feb 21, 2017
obinnho10:
almost 50 years later. The old boars would grunt, if they know the little piglets still suffer
awwwe Ragnar LothBrok
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by rugged7(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2017
so how far with Nigeria since then??
NIGERIA IS A COMPLETE UNMITIGATED DISASTER

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by whizcartel(m): 9:39am On Feb 21, 2017
zendy:

The picture is fake!

you just spoke my mind bro. it's obviously fake!!! The news paper was obviously shifted to face the camera so the headlines would show clearly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by nengibo: 9:43am On Feb 21, 2017
thesicilian:

But isn't it evident, with the likes of Ibori, Alamieyeseigha, and hundreds of other corrupt leaders, that the Niger Delta with or without oil still would have remained an impoverished, waste land?
Its better than the oil being in the hands of Ojukwu husain bolt

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by almarthins(m): 9:44am On Feb 21, 2017
thesicilian:
Was it really worth it, fighting to keep Nigeria as one?

You misinterpreted the picture completely. That is a picture of Nigerians celebrating after getting the news of the end of the war, not a picture of surrender. Look again and you'll see the expression of joy on their faces.

Ask united state why they fought the confederated war?
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by nengibo: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2017
dreamworld:

Ororo Afonja, and they told u igbo's both on se and ss don't have their own oil abi. Grow up
Which oil u get, attache
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by almarthins(m): 9:49am On Feb 21, 2017
whizcartel:
you just spoke my mind bro. it's obviously fake!!!

Some of weren't born den, I grew up knowing this kind of culture of sitting by d stereo. Perhaps u people think it is the Nigeria of today. This generation has serious issue.
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by Danmaiduguri(m): 9:49am On Feb 21, 2017
Mologi:
so "they" were termed rebels....

hmmmm.......#ogadimma

I think d word terrorists would even be better bcoz they were armed men terrorizing the country's unity.
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by thesicilian: 9:53am On Feb 21, 2017
almarthins:

Ask united state why they fought the confederated war?
I was made to understand that one of the fundamental reasons was to halt the spread of slavery. However, whatsoever the main causes were, we can see today that America is much more better for it. They have continued to grow in leaps and bounds since their civil war, while Nigeria has moved in the exact opposite direction.
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by thesicilian: 9:58am On Feb 21, 2017
jhenie:
HELL NO!!!

Looking back now, I'm inclined to agree. So judging by the fact that it is not worth it keeping Nigeria as one, doesn't it seem unnecessary to be pressuring the Igbo people to stay against their will?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by Ishilove: 9:58am On Feb 21, 2017
joseph1832ng:
My dad fought in this war, the stories he tell isn't nice to hear, at all.
Don't mind them. They keep shouting "Biafra or death"! without understanding the significance.
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by Nathan2016: 10:07am On Feb 21, 2017
YES..THE WAR THEY WON THE WAR

YES...3M IGBOS LOST THEIR LIVES

BUT TODAY,,,,,HOW FAR?

AGBACHA OSO, AGU O MILES

TODAY, Igbos are progressing in terms of livelihood

We might have lost the WAR , but one thing was certain, it showed us who we are, and who we are not....

As a people, I believe we have the strength to fight whatever will come our way......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by Omoluabi16(m): 10:08am On Feb 21, 2017
zendy:

The picture is fake!

zendieeyy
Re: Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) by Karlman: 10:08am On Feb 21, 2017
StOla:

You should have said that to Gowon in 1970. Some are still crying over 20pounds till today.

Your mercenaries are well documented in video evidences, no need trying to revise history.
... TWENTY POUNDS YET YOU ARE THE ONES HANGING YOURSELVES OVER MERE RECESSION 45 YEARS LATER, YOUR LOT WOULD HAVE GONE EXTINCT IF VISITED WITH A FULL BLOWED WAR ...LOVE OR HATE THEM THE IGBO IS THE HIGHER HUMAN YOU LOTS WILL ALWAYS LOVE TO HATE AND BE.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ruins Of Jacob Obande's Official Car Spotted In Otukpo (Photos) / 12 Prominent Nigerians Who Died In July 2020 / Pic of Okorocha dancing as Phyno Performs Live At Children's Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.