Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:59 PM

5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health (10897 Views)

Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? / 18 Ways Your Phone Is Ruining Your Health / 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 21, 2017
piar rabbsh, the only thing affecting my health is the sentence "no money" so ol this one you writing is piar hoax...its not affecting me 1bit, its the only thing that keeps me sane...its 8:29 A.M im jamming (Svidden-We Are) ...na electronic song be that o...that equals loudass rock like beats. na my morale booster to stand up comot this magnetic bed
Re: 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health by jordyspices: 8:40am On Feb 21, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
think it's when its done excessively that what we enjoy becomes harmful .....na even sex lipsrsealed
lolz wanted to say sex most especially but i decided to keep shut lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health by lastmaster(m): 8:52am On Feb 21, 2017
I am guilty of no 2 and 3; God pls help me
Re: 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health by Xbursta(m): 9:15am On Feb 21, 2017
benuejosh:
am guilty of number 3. Even when am bathing i just feel my phone should be beside me. i sleep at night and the thought of my phone wakes me up.

what contributes most to this is that, my gionee M5 battery when charged fully last longer with me no matter how i use the phone. it can take me 2days straight. Now am a phone addict. No phone with me and then you'll see me become unstable.

OP what then is the solution since you've told us the problem.

U should find other things to keep you busy...
Re: 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health by theNOISEmaker: 9:45am On Feb 21, 2017
Yarnvibes:

5. Neck and back pain
Neck and back pain can be unbearable and most people suffer from this because of the time we spend on our gadgets. This is a health problem that you may overlook but if you are not careful, the neck and back pain may worsen and you may be required to go to the doctor

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/5-ways-your-tech-gadgets-may-be.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique
I am related..
Re: 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health by Ishilove: 10:26am On Feb 21, 2017
weedtheweeds:
people do not read the Bible anymore
I once had a dream where I was confronted with a situation that required I bring out my bible to command, but when I dipped my hands in my pocket, what I brought out was my BB phone, not my bible. grin

Nobody needed to interpret that particular dream to me. embarassed
Re: 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health by Abbeytoy(m): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2017
Yarnvibes:
Tech gadgets have no doubt made our daily activities easier. It seems technology has an answer for everything. However, what you should know is that for everything that has advantages, also has its disadvantages. In this case, the disadvantage or side effect of technology is its negative impact it is having on your health.

Unfortunately, many tech geeks are unaware of this because the effect may take a while to manifest. As a result, it is important for anyone attached to any tech gadgets to be aware of its negative effects before it is too late. Jumia Travel , the online travel agency, gathers ways your tech gadgets may be affecting your health.

1. Hearing loss
Some persons have their ears plugged for nearly half of the day. They are either listening to music or radio. Unknown to them, this regular music banging in your ears is affecting your eardrums. You should give your ears a break in order to prevent hearing loss or damage.

2. Insomnia
Insomnia is the inability to sleep. Many of us don’t get enough sleep because when you are supposed to be dozing off, you are fiddling with your gadget especially your smartphone. Then you complain that you are not getting enough and you are unable to function the following day. Some of the negative effects of sleep deprivation include heart attack, stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure and stroke. Try to get rid of your gadgets if you want to get a good sleep.

3. Nomophobia
A smartphone is one of the most popular gadgets many of us cannot do without. In other words, you are anxious and cannot concentrate because you are not with your smartphone. This means you have nomophobia (no-mobile-phone-phobia). The dependence on your mobile can affect your health because you can be depressed if you are without your phone. You can try to leave your phone at home once in while.

4. Obesity
You spend hours sitting at a particular spot working on your computer or your phone. Unknown to you, the more you sit down for hours at that same spot daily, the more you are susceptible or vulnerable to obesity. If you want to avoid obesity, stop spending too much time sitting surfing your phone.

5. Neck and back pain
Neck and back pain can be unbearable and most people suffer from this because of the time we spend on our gadgets. This is a health problem that you may overlook but if you are not careful, the neck and back pain may worsen and you may be required to go to the doctor

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/5-ways-your-tech-gadgets-may-be.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

Nice tips.
Am guilty of 2,4 and 5. I have to do something fast now.
Re: 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health by Ibnjurayj(m): 5:20am On Feb 22, 2017
Nice write up @ op, but you didn't add 'radiation,' most of our smart phones emits a lot of radiations which is dangerous to our health. The radiation also affects sleep during the night. I turn my phones to aeroplane mode before bed or I place them far away from my head.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Create Mass Vaccination Sites In Universities, Churches, Others / See How Tiger Nuts Boost Fertility In Both Male And Female / How To Prepare Fonio Grain (hungry Rice) Aka ACHA To Order 0.8.0.6.6.6.4.6.8.6.8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.