Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,395 members, 7,781,132 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:31 AM

MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends (8765 Views)

Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos / Edo To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity In Six Months – Obaseki / President Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayers At The State House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by rem44: 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
MTN MOBILE ELECTRICITY POWERED BY LUMOS

You can now enjoy accessible, noise-free and fume-free electricity for your everyday use and conveniently pay with your airtime from your MTN mobile phone. You can now live life to the fullest and enjoy 24/7 solar electricity that is safe, reliable and affordable. This mobile electricity can light up your room, charge your cellphones and power appliances like Fans, Televisions, and computers all day every day.

With the Mobile electricity you can:

Enjoy Appliances You Already Have

With the new DC to AC converter, you can power AC appliances (up to 60W) you already have such as TVs, fans and laptops.

Save More

MTN Mobile electricity saves you lots of Naira on your monthly electricity bills! Choose a suitable plan from the plan options and make small convenient payments from your MTN mobile phone.

Note- Prices are subject to change

To sign up visit any local MTN store with your MTN SIM card registered in your name, a valid ID card and the names/details of two guarantors.

INSTALL easily by using our professional and authorized installers near your location.

PAY easily and safely via your MTN mobile phone

What’s in the Mobile electricity device Kit?

Large 80W solar panel unit and cables

Solar indoor unit

USB mobile phone charger

2 powerful led bulbs

DC to AC converter

How To Activate Your Mobile electricity System

Check that your MTN account (registered to Lumos service) has enough credit; You should always credit your Lumos system for 30 days a month. Please note: this service is similar to a “hire-purchase*” deal. A minimum of 20 days must be paid every month, whether you use the system or not.Choose a plan from the options.SMS your chosen plan to 317. (E.g.) for a 30 day plan, SMS “30” to 317.Get confirmation SMS & start enjoying 24/7 electricity!

Also, to keep you always in the light, we now offer Top-up, Auto renewal and daily fallback as options on all plans. To exit send Exit to 317 Choosing longer plans gives you the optimal value for your money!

Hon. Minister of Power, Works & Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola,SAN,Hon. Minister of Communications, Mr Adebayo Shittu,Chairman, Senate Committee on Power, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe,Chairman, MTN Nigeria, Dr Paschal Dozie and United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Stuart Symington graced the event held at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja

cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/mobile-electricity-powered-lumos.html?m=1

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by rem44: 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2017

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by rem44: 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
rem44:
More
more

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by SalamRushdie: 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
See the kind of nonsense Fashola is attending ..Should a serving power minister attend the launch of a product who's success depends on epileptic power supply

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Obascoetubi: 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
thief mtn

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by casttlebarbz(m): 1:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
e get as e be

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by owobokiri(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
Fashola has ran out of ideas . I don't even know whether he really understands the ministry he is heading.. They will always outsource everything to oyibo.. Road construction, telecommunication, mining, even fighting boko haram.., now this.. What is soooooo intractable about producing power and supplying to the public? We have coal, what does it take to have a master plan and work assiduously towards that?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by sosy25: 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
I would love to know whether it really gives light for 24 hours before I comment.
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
See the kind of nonsense Fashola is attending ..Should a serving power minister attend the launch of a product who's success depends on epileptic power supply

Myopic people like you are the problem of this country. With Nigeria's current power situation, we need to look at various options to get things working.

We all know howb Fashola performed excellently as the Governor of Lagos state and we were all here when they gave him the job of 3 ministries in the name of ministerial appointment. . . Dont blame the man.

I have decided that if I'm gonna live in Nigeria, l'd go off grid, that way I wont need any Nepa wahala in my house. . .

4 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Goke7: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
owobokiri:
Fashola has ran out of ideas . I don't even know whether he really understands the ministry he is heading.. They will always outsource everything to oyibo.. Road construction, telecommunication, mining, even fighting boko haram.., now this.. What is soooooo intractable about producing power and supplying to the public? We have coal, what does it take to have a master plan and work assiduously towards that?

I feel your pain, but the truth is we all including you and I has failed our nation, we can't govern ourselves and that's why nothing can work in our hands as Nigerians, trust me, I use to think Nigerians were that smart, hardworking and intelligent but its a big NO. we can't make anything work by ourselves. I even want our entire government be it executive, legislature or judiciary to be outsourced to foreigners, trust me everything in Nigeria will start working automatically. We had NITEL for years and telephone was a luxury to be used only by the rich according to a dumb and silly guy called David Mark. Now see what telecommunications is in Nigeria just because foreigners came in and things started working by force in spite of all the witches and wizards in Nigeria, I can simple do my all banking transactions from my mobile phone. I tell you if we outsourced everything about power to foreigners, we will start having 24 hrs power supply in every village, town and city in Nigeria in a matter of months. Despite the recession, foreign companies in Nigeria are the ones thriving and opening all sorts of shopping malls and mega supermarkets even in places we think initially does not make sense economically. That is why garri can be imported into our nation by foreigners who know wetin dey.

Its not a Fahola problem, its our problem as Nigerians, na party and chop we sabi, we can't simply govern ourselves for true economic propserity

9 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by SalamRushdie: 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
blackberlin:

Myopic people like you are the problem of this country. With Nigeria's current power situation, we need to look at various options to get things working.

We all know howb Fashola performed excellently as the Governor of Lagos state and we were all here when they gave him the job of 3 ministries in the name of ministerial appointment. . . Dont blame the man.

I have decided that if I'm gonna live in Nigeria, l'd go off grid, that way I wont need any Nepa wahala in my house. . .

Abeg carry you shallow Buharic thinking away from my mention ..So you expect me to argue with myopia ..you have failed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Goke7: 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Honestly No one knows what you guys want, here is an innovation to address that epileptic power supply you are talking about and still you are taking panadol for another man's headache.

Na wa for una!

2 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by SalamRushdie: 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
Goke7:

Honestly No one knows what you guys want, here is an innovation to address that epileptic power supply you are talking about and still you are taking panadol for another man's headache.

Na wa for una!

Did I complain about the solution ? I only said it's very wrong for a serving power minister to be at that launch of a product which depend on the failure of our power system to succeed ....Are you aware that the success of that product is dependent on Nigeria never fixing it's power deficit? Please open Ur brain

7 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Goke7: 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Did I complain about the solution ? I only said it's very wrong for a serving power minister to be at that launch of a product which depend on the failure of our power system to succeed ....Are you aware that the success of that product is dependent on Nigeria never fixing it's power deficit? Please open Ur brain

Ok Let's open my brain together nah, How long have we been trying to fix our power issue? Na today, look here the likes of Fashola knows that only serious minded investors like MTN and their ilk can truly address the power problem in Nigeria and not those mushroom and briefcase investors that call themselves ajasco or disco.

Am already doing a google search on the product sef and am ready like many serious Nigerians to patronize MTN and other serious guys who want to address the issue of power. If you like wait for the disco guys, you will wait forever.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by SalamRushdie: 3:02pm On Feb 21, 2017
Goke7:

Ok Let's open my brain together nah, How long have we been trying to fix our power issue? Na today, look here the likes of Fashola knows that only serious minded investors like MTN and their ilk can truly address the power problem in Nigeria and not those mushroom and briefcase investors that call themselves ajasco or disco.

Am already doing a google search on the product sef and am ready like many serious Nigerians to patronize MTN and other serious guys who want to address the issue of power. If you like wait for the disco guys, you will wait forever.

The product has been in the market two years and is even popular in the north ..all I am sayings is that Fashola should give them space because the success of that product means the failure of our Discos ..

3 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Horus(m): 3:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Goke7: 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

The product has been in the market two years and is even popular in the north ..all I am sayings is that Fashola should give them space because the success of that product means the failure of our Discos ..

our discos are already a failure bruv, don't you hear them complaining all the time of their inability to deliver? were is it practiced in this world that people should pay for what they are not consuming. The Discos are on their own!

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by GMBuhari: 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
Innovation is good

2 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Onyenna(m): 4:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
Great idea but i just don't trust MTN!

But wait oooh!! So after purchase, you're expected to pay monthly (via recharge cards and/or otherwise)... What if you're in a location without MTN network nko....

.....The moderate monthly payments mean people who run small businesses can easily afford it....

BUT, if you gat the Money, just install a solar system(with a good number of batteries) in your house......

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by hysteriabox(m): 4:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
Goke7:

I feel your pain, but the truth is we all including you and I has failed our nation, we can't govern ourselves and that's why nothing can work in our hands as Nigerians, trust me, I use to think Nigerians were that smart, hardworking and intelligent but its a big NO. we can't make anything work by ourselves. I even want our entire government be it executive, legislature or judiciary to be outsourced to foreigners, trust me everything in Nigeria will start working automatically. We had NITEL for years and telephone was a luxury to be used only by the rich according to a dumb and silly guy called David Mark. Now see what telecommunications is in Nigeria just because foreigners came in and things started working by force in spite of all the witches and wizards in Nigeria, I can simple do my all banking transactions from my mobile phone. I tell you if we outsourced everything about power to foreigners, we will start having 24 hrs power supply in every village, town and city in Nigeria in a matter of months. Despite the recession, foreign companies in Nigeria are the ones thriving and opening all sorts of shopping malls and mega supermarkets even in places we think initially does not make sense economically. That is why garri can be imported into our nation by foreigners who know wetin dey.

Its not a Fahola problem, its our problem as Nigerians, na party and chop we sabi, we can't simply govern ourselves for true economic propserity

Gbam. I must agree with you. Outsourcing is the way forward.
Africa has a huge management problem. If the power sector can be liberated like the telcom sector, it ll be massive productuvity.
Natons are there that have perfected transportation/railways. Why not outsource. Africa never remained thesame when the white man gave us rule over ourselves.
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by sinkhole: 4:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
Onyenna:
Great idea but i just don't trust MTN!
Anybody who subscribes to this MTN cheat is a very big fool How can we be buying "solar radiation" ? That is very absurd!
The MTN system has a solar panel, a battery, and inverter; this is the common system you know. Then you pay about #30,000 to obtain the system, then to obtain power from the sockets of the system you will have to load a credit through the SIM card on the system, failure to load credit within a specified number of days will lead MTN to confiscate the equipment you paid to obtain.
Instead of buying this MTN system, I will rather have somebody build a small Solar Power System for me.
MTN is a THIEF!

3 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Onyenna(m): 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
sinkhole:
Anybody who subscribes to this MTN cheat is a very big fool How can we be buying "solar radiation" ? That is very absurd!
The MTN system has a solar panel, a battery, and inverter; this is the common system you know. Then you pay about #30,000 to obtain the system, then to obtain power from the sockets of the system you will have to load a credit through the SIM card on the system, failure to load credit within a specified number of days will lead MTN to confiscate the equipment you paid to obtain.
Instead of buying this MTN system, I will rather have somebody build a small Solar Power System for me.
MTN is a THIEF!

This is actually a rip-off!!!...

You're so damn right bro.....

3 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by KINGwax007(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2017
Jonathan for just jejely sell our power to these telecom companies, instead of his friends

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Khohen: 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2017
Will you keep kwaayeeeeeeeet.
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by citizenY(m): 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

The discos should be forced to install pay as you go meters for each user. You use it just like the telecoms recharge card. No light no charge. They will be forced to sit up.

As long as discos levy crazy bills, you will never get constant light.

Instead of asking for this we are wasting energy asking for light. We should be fighting for the meter and not the light. Let's put the horse before the cart.

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by do4luv14(m): 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

can you imagine,
its jst lik yestaday he Ws boasting DAT with in 3months he will fix our power problem, chaii

3 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by gebest: 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
GREAT GREAT GREAT AND VERY LOVELY, YES OOO, OPERATION NIGERIA MUST GET LIGHT BY FIRE BY FORCE
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Erums(m): 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Well i suggest u dont see it from that angle, now the aim is to improve power in nigeria, which can be gotten by different source if realli hands are diversified rather thatn just depending on gas, hydro, coal etc.... Solar wind can also be used.. So even if this product ia adding just 1MW to nigeria total power output, i think its a +
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by SalamRushdie: 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2017
Erums:

Well i suggest u dont see it from that angle, now the aim is to improve power in nigeria, which can be gotten by different source if realli hands are diversified rather thatn just depending on gas, hydro, coal etc.... Solar wind can also be used.. So even if this product ia adding just 1MW to nigeria total power output, i think its a +

Those things are standalone solar panels and inverter , stand alone just like the little petrol generators we all use ..So basically MTN is selling sunlight to Nigerian 6 thousand naira a week that's Plus commitment cost

3 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Erums(m): 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
Goke7:

our discos are already a failure bruv, don't you hear them complaining all the time of their inability to deliver? were is it practiced in this world that people should pay for what they are not consuming. The Discos are on their own!

Sorri bro, the problem are not discos, rather it is the gencos who produces power, the tcn transmits and the disco distributes to the customers, the are at the tail end of the business thats why they take the blame game. If the gencos produce 3000MVA today, dats only wen the discos can distribute wen it get to them via tcn who are actually having a tough one distributing power adequately due to thier obsolete equipment some are older than my father, its a pity thou....... So dnt blame the discos, besides power is no longer a social amenity, is a product for sale.... The govt gave it up... Shikena
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Erums(m): 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Those things are standalone solar panels and inverter , stand alone just like the little petrol generators we all use ..So basically MTN is selling sunlight to Nigerian 6 thousand naira a week that's Plus commitment cost

Exactly, ure right... I really think alot of competition should come into the power industry just like the telecoms and i believe hanges wud begin to occur... Its a monopolistic business tied down by geographical location making everyone grow when they decide to... Its bad for improvement.... Even if mtn sells sun to nigeria, fats because nigeria never saw the use of the sun

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Erums(m): 6:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
citizenY:

The discos should be forced to install pay as you go meters for each user. You use it just like the telecoms recharge card. No light no charge. They will be forced to sit up.

As long as discos levy crazy bills, you will never get constant light.

Instead of asking for this we are wasting energy asking for light. We should be fighting for the meter and not the light. Let's put the horse before the cart.

Bro, this the discos have been doing by giving prepaid meter, bt nigerians are stubborn.. Guess what the distribution lines to these meters are nt hiddeb neither are they fibre optics or air connections.. They are wires, and the average nigerian bypass thereby stealing energy and killing the discos further... Alot is happening in the power industry bro... Its not how it looks frm outside

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Ihedioha Accuses Okorocha Of 'massive Looting' In 8 Years Of Government / Tinubu: APC Must Not Become Like Other Parties — We Should Be Democratic & Fair / Electoral Act: Buhari Has Hidden Agenda – Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.