Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:18 PM

MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends (8764 Views)

Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos / Edo To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity In Six Months – Obaseki / President Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayers At The State House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by TimmyPapa(m): 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
Goke7:

Honestly No one knows what you guys want, here is an innovation to address that epileptic power supply you are talking about and still you are taking panadol for another man's headache.

Na wa for una!

Dis is Nonsense aftr MTN don Pay federal Government... No wondr Power dy drop every month... Apc na failure
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by mu2sa2: 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
The mtn mobile electricity solar system is reliable and affordable. I use it as alternative to petrol generator. The system costs about 270k but after paying the commitment fee of 15k you have the option to spread the balance over up to 1500 days i.e @4.5k monthly (If you can afford it you pay up at once and that's it you are owner, no subscription). I don't regard this as cheating for a system that consists of a 80-watt solar panel, inverter, 10 metre cable, two long-lasting bulbs, universal phone charger. I was sceptical initially but after acquiring one I regret not buying it earlier during promo when it was sold with a solar-power only standing fan as bonus. I use it basically to charge phone, power a 24-inch tv (which has a 12 volt Dc power inlet) as well as gotv/startimes decoders and for lighting (I will soon add their standing fan). For 24/7 all these gadgets are powered for just 4.5k a month (note that subscription stops when it adds up to the cost of hardware). To me this is not cheating and is preferable to generator that you spend far more on. The system is secure as it can only be recharged using the mtn number linked to it - so it is useless stealing it (even the solar panel won't work if transferred to another system).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by mesoprogress(m): 7:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
See the kind of nonsense Fashola is attending ..Should a serving power minister attend the launch of a product who's success depends on epileptic power supply
you got me cracking
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Ajibel(m): 7:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
Lumos from Harry potter?
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Bahddo(m): 7:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
Why would you still pay a periodic fee when you are tapping from the power of the sun with equipments you have already paid for?

If I hear say I buy inverter and pay a periodic fee again. I never mumu reach like that. MTN is looking to rip Nigerians off again.
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Ajibel(m): 7:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
do4luv14:

can you imagine,
its jst lik yestaday he Ws boasting DAT with in 3months he will fix our power problem, chaii

Stop the lie. When did he ever say that?
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Goke7: 7:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
Erums:

Sorri bro, the problem are not discos, rather it is the gencos who produces power, the tcn transmits and the disco distributes to the customers, the are at the tail end of the business thats why they take the blame game. If the gencos produce 3000MVA today, dats only wen the discos can distribute wen it get to them via tcn who are actually having a tough one distributing power adequately due to thier obsolete equipment some are older than my father, its a pity thou....... So dnt blame the discos, besides power is no longer a social amenity, is a product for sale.... The govt gave it up... Shikena

All of them whether genco, tcn or discos are all failures. Let's stop defending what's not working. Nigerians are tired of these failures. Nigerians are also ready to pay when service is delivered.
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Bahddo(m): 7:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
sinkhole:
Anybody who subscribes to this MTN cheat is a very big fool How can we be buying "solar radiation" ? That is very absurd!
The MTN system has a solar panel, a battery, and inverter; this is the common system you know. Then you pay about #30,000 to obtain the system, then to obtain power from the sockets of the system you will have to load a credit through the SIM card on the system, failure to load credit within a specified number of days will lead MTN to confiscate the equipment you paid to obtain.
Instead of buying this MTN system, I will rather have somebody build a small Solar Power System for me.
MTN is a THIEF!
I tell you. They are always looking to shortchange Nigerians.
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Goke7: 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
mu2sa2:
The mtn solar system is reliable and affordable. I use it as alternative to petrol generator. The system cost about 270k but after the commitment fee of 15k you have the option to spread the balance over up to 1500 days(i.e @4.5k monthly). I don't regard this as cheating for a system that consists of a 80-watt solar panel, inverter, 10 metre cable, two long-lasting bulbs, universal phone charger. I was sceptical initially but after acquiring one I regret not buying it earlier during promo when it was sold with a solar-power only standing fan as bonus. I use it basically to charge phone, power a 24-inch tv as well as gotv/startimes decoders and for lighting (I will soon add their standing fan). For 24/7 all these gadgets are powered for just 4.5k a month. To me this is not cheating and is preferable to generator that you spend far more on. The system is secure as it can only be recharged using the mtn number linked to it - so it is useless stealing it (even the solar panel won't work if transferred to another system).

Abeg don't mind the pessimists who don't have a better alternative to address power issues. We Nigerians are so quick in running down those who have seen an enormous business opportunity.

Those calling MTN names have not told us a better and quick alternative to solve our power issue. They want us to wait for the govt. forever to give us power they cannot give
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Goke7: 7:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
TimmyPapa:

Dis is Nonsense aftr MTN don Pay federal Government... No wondr Power dy drop every month... Apc na failure

So you are one of those still waiting for govt to give you power. Your waiting just de start mhen. grin
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Goke7: 7:47pm On Feb 21, 2017
sinkhole:
Anybody who subscribes to this MTN cheat is a very big fool How can we be buying "solar radiation" ? That is very absurd!
The MTN system has a solar panel, a battery, and inverter; this is the common system you know. Then you pay about #30,000 to obtain the system, then to obtain power from the sockets of the system you will have to load a credit through the SIM card on the system, failure to load credit within a specified number of days will lead MTN to confiscate the equipment you paid to obtain.
Instead of buying this MTN system, I will rather have somebody build a small Solar Power System for me.
MTN is a THIEF!

If MTN na thief, wetin we go call the discos or gencos.
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by ollyruffy: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2017
MTN is a big THIEF. Imagine ministers are commissioning this nonsense. How did we arrive here in this country?
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Erums(m): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
Goke7:

All of them whether genco, tcn or discos are all failures. Let's stop defending what's not working. Nigerians are tired of these failures. Nigerians are also ready to pay when service is delivered.

I totally agree ee with you, and im not siding the discos cos even frm thier own end thers also no customer satisfaction..... As a whole the power sector is failing., vit come to think of it, can an average nigerian actually pay for 24hr power supply? You can help me with that answer
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Goke7: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
Erums:

I totally agree ee with you, and im not siding the discos cos even frm thier own end thers also no customer satisfaction..... As a whole the power sector is failing., vit come to think of it, can an average nigerian actually pay for 24hr power supply? You can help me with that answer

So because you think an average Nigerian can't pay for 24 hr supply, we must remain in this power mess. Pls let's stop this, have Nigerians been given 24 hr power supply for us to know whether they can pay or not?

Let's allow serious minded foreign folks to come into the power sector and see whether Nigerians will pay or not when service is delivered. This is the way we have been thinking in Nigeria for ages until foreigners will come in and start making head way in impossible areas and sectors in our economy. We are just an unserious nation.
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Erums(m): 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
Goke7:

So because you think an average Nigerian can't pay for 24 hr supply, we must remain in this power mess. Pls let's stop this, have Nigerians been given 24 hr power supply for us to know whether they can pay or not?

Let's allow serious minded foreign folks to come into the power sector and see whether Nigerians will pay or not when service is delivered. This is the way we have been thinking in Nigeria for ages until foreigners will come in and start making head way in impossible areas and sectors in our economy. We are just an unserious nation.

Well frm my lil info... The transition frm govt to disco was dur to govt inabilty to continually subside the backlog of funds needed to sustain power cos it was a social amenity to the common man.... Now its business and the common man cant afford.. I believe u will agree business is abt profit.... So looking at those factors lies why even power is hoarded sometimes cos the average nigerians have proven they cant pay.... Alot of nigerian live below 1 dollar per day considering the xchange rate as an advantage
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by do4luv14(m): 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ajibel:

chai!! grin grin grin, wia you dey , abi wich planet you dey wen im make DAT speach as lasgidi govnr under GEJ
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by do4luv14(m): 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ajibel:

chaii wia dis guy come from def ehn,
wia you dey wen im make the speach as lasgidi govt, under GEJ?
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by EMPEROniro: 11:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
Nigeria ntorrr see hw this south african firm is turning our power problem into a huge joke. MTN!!! The best collectors oh sorry the best connection cheesy
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by sinkhole: 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
Goke7:

If MTN na thief, wetin we go call the discos or gencos.
Those ones na "ARMY ROBBERS" grin They no dey supply anything and you must to pay by force embarassed
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by mofy1(f): 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
sosy25:
I would love to know whether it really gives light for 24 hours before I comment.
Yes it does like seriously. That's wot am using presently. With lumos solar electricity I nolonger care about PHCN.
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by mofy1(f): 8:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
mu2sa2:
The mtn mobile electricity solar system is reliable and affordable. I use it as alternative to petrol generator. The system costs about 270k but after paying the commitment fee of 15k you have the option to spread the balance over up to 1500 days i.e @4.5k monthly (If you can afford it you pay up at once and that's it you are owner, no subscription). I don't regard this as cheating for a system that consists of a 80-watt solar panel, inverter, 10 metre cable, two long-lasting bulbs, universal phone charger. I was sceptical initially but after acquiring one I regret not buying it earlier during promo when it was sold with a solar-power only standing fan as bonus. I use it basically to charge phone, power a 24-inch tv (which has a 12 volt Dc power inlet) as well as gotv/startimes decoders and for lighting (I will soon add their standing fan). For 24/7 all these gadgets are powered for just 4.5k a month (note that subscription stops when it adds up to the cost of hardware). To me this is not cheating and is preferable to generator that you spend far more on. The system is secure as it can only be recharged using the mtn number linked to it - so it is useless stealing it (even the solar panel won't work if transferred to another system).
Try to get the fan and u will love it more
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by mofy1(f): 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
EMPEROniro:
Nigeria ntorrr see hw this south african firm is turning our power problem into a huge joke. MTN!!! The best collectors oh sorry the best connection cheesy
Not south Africa but isreal.
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by sosy25: 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2017
Thank you Madam for the confirmation. How much does it cost?
mofy1:

Yes it does like seriously. That's wot am using presently. With lumos solar electricity I nolonger care about PHCN.
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Goke7: 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
Erums:

Well frm my lil info... The transition frm govt to disco was dur to govt inabilty to continually subside the backlog of funds needed to sustain power cos it was a social amenity to the common man.... Now its business and the common man cant afford.. I believe u will agree business is abt profit.... So looking at those factors lies why even power is hoarded sometimes cos the average nigerians have proven they cant pay.... Alot of nigerian live below 1 dollar per day considering the xchange rate as an advantage

sorry sir, so many african countries don't have power issues like Nigeria [I have witnessed it] are you now saying Nigerians are poorer than those african countries? Pls let's stop all these arguments that are baseless. We are just un-serious and too corrupt to help ourselves out of our power problems, is it because Nigerians cannot afford power that's why they must be forced to pay even when services are not delivered? haba
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Erums(m): 1:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
Goke7:

sorry sir, so many african countries don't have power issues like Nigeria [I have witnessed it] are you now saying Nigerians are poorer than those african countries? Pls let's stop all these arguments that are baseless. We are just un-serious and too corrupt to help ourselves out of our power problems, is it because Nigerians cannot afford power that's why they must be forced to pay even when services are not delivered? haba

Sorry to say but you beating around the bush... These countries you saw, the power is managed by the govt and not private individuals ... Find out... Its a social ame ity... Inwhich citizens pay and the backlog is subsidized by the govt... In nigeria, its nt the same, as its no longer nepa bt private discos with no govt assistance... Its a business now... U produce wat the market can buy.... Im telling u, u can make ur reasearch so we can stop arguing
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by venex(f): 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
Soon erractic electricity supply would be a thing of the past, thanks to this new initiative from MTN Nigeria and Lumos Global partnering provide 24-Hour Affordable Mobile Electricity Power Supply For All. Click here to read more about it http:///TYfN6n

Erums:

Sorry to say but you beating around the bush... These countries you saw, the power is managed by the govt and not private individuals ... Find out... Its a social ame ity... Inwhich citizens pay and the backlog is subsidized by the govt... In nigeria, its nt the same, as its no longer nepa bt private discos with no govt assistance... Its a business now... U produce wat the market can buy.... Im telling u, u can make ur reasearch so we can stop arguing
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Erums(m): 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
venex:
Soon erractic electricity supply would be a thing of the past, thanks to this new initiative from MTN Nigeria and Lumos Global partnering provide 24-Hour Affordable Mobile Electricity Power Supply For All. Click here to read more about it http:///TYfN6n

Common...can u power an iron talkless os a plastic producing engine or a steel company.... Dat prduct is wack... Can only charge phone... Bala bla bla..... Cnt contribute up to 2MW of nigeria total supply... But its a +
Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by Erums(m): 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
venex:

Common...can u power an iron talkless os a plastic producing engine or a steel company.... Dat prduct is wack... Can only charge phone... Bala bla bla..... Cnt contribute up to 2MW of nigeria total supply... But its a +
venex:

Re: MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends by moor2017: 8:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
the mtn solar mobile electricity is a good innovation but the clause there is rippling Nigerians,you purchase the unit which originally supposed to be the property of the client and still network it with condition to be subscribing monthly after the sun meant have done the charging,according to their term and condition is you have to recharge that unit for 1,500 days(5years) after which it now become the client's ownership and free from recharging,i did a calculation of total amounts on the 1,500 days N360,000 ,it does not make sense at all.that is what mtn is rippling Nigerians of outside your purchase. this guys are taking advantage of power failure to make us believe that units have come to relief our problem,if those that have obtain this unit,it crack the stuff.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Food Vendor, Traders Worried Over Price Hike In Borno, Yobe States / Electoral Act: Buhari Has Hidden Agenda – Afenifere / Governor Ihedioha Accuses Okorocha Of 'massive Looting' In 8 Years Of Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.