Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,397 members, 7,781,136 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:36 AM

How Can I Rise My GP - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Rise My GP (6016 Views)

Dr. Chidubem Obi Graduates With 5.0 GP In A Russian University / My Gp Just After My 100level / NOUN 2018/2019 GP Calculation Tool. Be The First To Use It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Rise My GP by samdeyking01(m): 2:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
Good day nairalander, I need advice on my GP. Am student of OAU, my GP is currently 1.7 after first semster exam. If there's any grade that ever make me cry then is my current grade. I read day and night, my friend that we read together and I do teach him sometimes have good grades. He has 3.0 CGPA. Am emotionally right now... just don't know what to do. Please I really need advice
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by jaydhorxe(m): 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by christejames(m): 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
sorry about that poor grade. But don't let that grade determine your final grade in school...

I had something equivalent to yours in my first semester first year's result but I didnt let that determine my final result in school. Initially I was carried away in that semester due to the euphoria of being in the university but I had to seat my arse down and caution myself that my primary aim in this place is academic, I had to forgo so many things including social life (although I had mild experience of it there) and thereafter immersing myself deeply in iterative and rote reading of my course materials... I equally humbled myself learning from others or asking them to put me through in one or two hitches in the course of study.

To God be the glory I graduated last year with 2.1... I think you can even do better. just make sure your subsequent results are far better than that. Good luck bro.

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Rise My GP by joinnow: 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
Are u sure you do study ? Using SQ3R
If yes then you dont know how to answer¿

What you should do right away is visit ur campus library and get all 5 years question paper [/b]on each course you are doing eg get from 2012 .make a copy .
Then meet someone ([b]course rep
) in same department but above ur level to answer just one or two from their you answer the remaining past 5 year exam question.

Note spend at lest 3hr daily to study cry

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Aegerine: 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
samdeyking01:
Good day nairalander, I need advice on my GP. Am student of OAU, my GP is currently 1.7 after first semster exam. If there's any grade that ever make me cry then is my current grade. I read day and night, my friend that we read together and I do teach him sometimes have good grades. He has 3.0 CGPA. Am emotionally right now... just don't know what to do. Please I really need advice

I am in a better position to advise you. I finished from geology department in the same OAU not too long ago. I also started poorly, but to the glory of God I'm proud of my result. What dept are you so that I can advise you better.

Whatever the case may be, just be focused, and never fall flat to initial setback. You can still go on to graduate well.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Bamoha(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
i was in your shoe once... started off with a 1.67 and currently on a 3.24...
its simple, you dont know how to read, Surviving in a school like OAU is not by reading and reading and reading like a mumu all day(no offence intended) its more about knowing what your lecturer wants and giving him exactly that... go to classes, listen well... take note of topics the lecturer stresses, and study it well... during your personal reading, solve questions and understand what you are taught for that week... make sure you get at least 75% in test... and at least 50% in exams, dont waste too much time on fellowships and religious functions, remember you are in school for good grades not church, it doesnt mean you shouldnt pray though, everything is only possible with God ... you would see changes by Gods grace, and dont belittle your self... you can do it, you can get a better grade, you can graduate with a wonderfull result... i totally understand how you feel... may God help you

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Rise My GP by sammyscholar(m): 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
samdeyking01:
Good GP has already come your way, op. Yes, being humble enough to say this out shows you really want a change not minding who laughs at you. That you read day and night clearly shows that you are not lazy but just not getting something right and that is what you need to figure out.

Do you have legible writing? This was my greatest obstacle to geting good grades while on campus. You see, my level of comprehension is second to none but bad writing dealt a great blow on me in my first semester and even through all my years on campus. Athough I improved on it and my Gp rose fairly.

Another thing is the way you assimillate. Are you the type who crams and pour it down in exams or one who reads to understand concept and pour it down in your own words? Either you are former or latter, or even both, what matters, as far as school exams are concerned, is that you write something good enough to earn you good scores in each exam. I am more of the latter, and as such, I made sure I understood every concept in courses and I also read outside our materials so I could have plenty of jargons to use during texts and exams. As someone who studies by understanding the concept, you need to be good at Use of English as that helps you to talk your way around concepts easily during exam. If you are the one who doesnt like racking your brain figuring out what a concept is talking about, then, as far as school exam is concerned, CRAM YOUR WAY THROUGH. Of course, I had course mate who were neither of the two sides and they were mostly the ones with worse grades. You need to be on either side, or both preferably. Funny enough, I had someone who did much of lacram lapour and graduated with 4.4 (a grade better than mine) but was still always shivering at my level of intelligence and prowess while we were on campus.

Then again, like closely related to what Bamoha said up there, you need to know courses where it is easy to get As and where it is hard to get. In this case, it will either be that the lecturer taking the course is lenient or strict in marking or the course itself is easy or hard. In my case, I always made sure I get my As where possible and worked hard enough to get fairly good score in hard courses and from lecturers with strict marking schemes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Rise My GP by samdeyking01(m): 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
Aegerine:

I am in a better position to advise you. I finished from geology department in the same OAU not too long ago. I also started poorly, but to the glory of God I'm proud of my result. What dept are you so that I can advise you better.

Whatever the case may be, just be focused, and never fall flat to initial setback. You can still go on to graduate well.

History
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by samdeyking01(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
christejames:
sorry about that poor grade. But don't let that grade determine your final grade in school...

I had something equivalent to yours in my first semester first year's result but I didnt let that determine my final result in school. Initially I was carried away in that semester due to the euphoria of being in the university but I had to seat my arse down and caution myself that my primary aim in this place is academic, I had to forgo so many things including social life (although I had mild experience of it there) and thereafter immersing myself deeply in iterative and rote reading of my course materials... I equally humbled myself learning from others or asking them to put me through in one or two hitches in the course of study.

To God be the glory I graduated last year with 2.1... I think you can even do better. just make sure your subsequent results are far better than that. Good luck bro.

Thank you very much...

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Rise My GP by samdeyking01(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
joinnow:
Are u sure you do study ? Using SQ3R
If yes then you dont know how to answer¿

What you should do right away is visit ur campus library and get all 5 years question paper [/b]on each course you are doing eg get from 2012 .make a copy .
Then meet someone ([b]course rep
) in same department but above ur level to answer just one or two from their you answer the remaining past 5 year exam question.

Note spend at lest 3hr daily to study cry

I think I really need the past question, thank you, I will get it. Thanks
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by samdeyking01(m): 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
sammyscholar:
Good GP has already come your way, op. Yes, being humble enough to say this out shows you really want a change not minding who laughs at you. That you read day and night clearly shows that you are not lazy but just not getting something right and that is what you need to figure out.

Do you have legible writing? This was my greatest obstacle to geting good grades while on campus. You see, my level of comprehension is second to none but bad writing dealt a great blow on me in my first semester and even through all my years on campus. Athough I improved on it and my Gp rose fairly.

Another thing is the way you assimillate. Are you the type who crams and pour it down in exams or one who reads to understand concept and pour it down in your own words? Either you are former or latter, or even both, what matters, as far as school exams are concerned, is that you write something good enough to earn you good scores in each exam. I am more of the latter, and as such, I made sure I understood every concept in courses and I also read outside our materials so I could have plenty of jargons to use during texts and exams. As someone who studies by understanding the concept, you need to be good at Use of English as that helps you to talk your way around concepts easily during exam. If you are the one who doesnt like racking your brain figuring out what a concept is talking about, then, as far as school exam is concerned, CRAM YOUR WAY THROUGH. Of course, I had course mate who were neither of the two sides and they were mostly the ones with worse grades. You need to be on either side, or both preferably. Funny enough, I had someone who did much of lacram lapour and graduated with 4.4 (a grade better than mine) but was still always shivering at my level of intelligence and prowess while we were on campus.

Then again, like closely related to what Bamoha said up there, you need to know courses where it is easy to get As and where it is hard to get. In this case, it will either be that the lecturer taking the course is lenient or strict in marking or the course itself is easy or hard. In my case, I always made sure I get my As where possible and worked hard enough to get fairly good score in hard courses and from lecturers with strict marking schemes.
thanks.
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Laveda(f): 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
Bamoha:
i was in your shoe once... started off with a 1.67 and currently on a 3.24...
its simple, you dont know how to read, Surviving in a school like OAU is not by reading and reading and reading like a mumu all day(no offence intended) its more about knowing what your lecturer wants and giving him exactly that... go to classes, listen well... take note of topics the lecturer stresses, and study it well... during your personal reading, solve questions and understand what you are taught for that week... make sure you get at least 75% in test... and at least 50% in exams, dont waste too much time on fellowships and religious functions, remember you are in school for good grades not church, it doesnt mean you shouldnt pray though, everything is only possible with God ... you would see changes by Gods grace, and dont belittle your self... you can do it, you can get a better grade, you can graduate with a wonderfull result... i totally understand how you feel... may God help you

Well said. smiley
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Aegerine: 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
samdeyking01:

History

In that case, Bamoha and Sammyscholar have said it all. I will also like to commend your humility for you to have stated your current cgp. Yes nothing to hide. It only goes a long way to confirm your readiness for a positive change. Please try to adhere to following tips;

(1): Decide on your desired class of degree that you wish to graduate with.(Please, be realistic with that )

(2): Evaluate the minimum effort that will required on a semester basis going by the total number of semesters you have left to graduate (baring any unforseen circumstances).

(3): Works towards achieving each semester target by following all the series of tips that the earlier commentators have already advised.

However, pls don't rely too much on solving past questions. It is good, but past questions should be carried along with the studying and understanding of the contents of your notes.

Also, try to secure the maximum points from each test before the exams. You will only have a part of the curriculum to deal with in the test. It is always easier to pass, and a good test performance will definitely boost your morale to take on the exam where you will have all contents of the curriculum to answer questions from, and it is vice_versa if your test score is bad.

Start your reading early at the commencement of each course in a semester. It allows systematic assimilation of the course, and always get you prepared for any impromptu test or assessment. During the exam period, following this method will make your preparation for exams more of a revision which is always easier than crash reading.

I don't subscribe to reading, reading and reading without time to cool off. All it entails is to prioritize your activities. Know when and how best it suits you to read and understand faster. Never follow the crowd.

Make use of study groups, ask questions from your seniors (immediate set before yours most preferably) concerning each course on both departmental and outside. Tutorial is also good, but be careful with it. Tutorial is only meant to brush up any grey areas you have in the class. It doesn't equate or substitute for your class note

Lastly but not least, try to understand your lecturers before their assessments of you. There wants are not the same. For some, a mere reproduction of your note is enough to fetch you an "A" grade, while some requires the extra milles for you to get the maximum points. You get to understand the peculiarities of each of them by being regular and punctual in classes. Definitely, their mode of teaching, body languages, and even direct saying by some of them will reveal all these things to you. That is one of the major reasons why attendance in classes is very important.

Lastly, the God factor is there to avert missing scripts, miscarriage of grades and all the likes beyond your own control . Pray, and always put God first. With

With all these few tips and the advise from others, you should have a new song to sing very soon.
I wish you the best!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Rise My GP by ugonna1054(m): 2:33am On Feb 22, 2017
Aegerine:

wanted to ask if u studied geology...... Aegerine (mineralogy class) smiley..........@ op just follow the advise from previous posters.......try to use past questions more often..
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by samdeyking01(m): 5:42am On Feb 22, 2017
Aegerine:

In that case, Bamoha and Sammyscholar have said it all. I will also like to commend your humility for you to have stated your current cgp. Yes nothing to hide. It only goes a long way to confirm your readiness for a positive change. Please try to adhere to following tips;

(1): Decide on your desired class of degree that you wish to graduate with.(Please, be realistic with that )

(2): Evaluate the minimum effort that will required on a semester basis going by the total number of semesters you have left to graduate (baring any unforseen circumstances).

(3): Works towards achieving each semester target by following all the series of tips that the earlier commentators have already advised.

However, pls don't rely too much on solving past questions. It is good, but past questions should be carried along with the studying and understanding of the contents of your notes.

Also, try to secure the maximum points from each test before the exams. You will only have a part of the curriculum to deal with in the test. It is always easier to pass, and a good test performance will definitely boost your morale to take on the exam where you will have all contents of the curriculum to answer questions from, and it is vice_versa if your test score is bad.

Start your reading early at the commencement of each course in a semester. It allows systematic assimilation of the course, and always get you prepared for any impromptu test or assessment. During the exam period, following this method will make your preparation for exams more of a revision which is always easier than crash reading.

I don't subscribe to reading, reading and reading without time to cool off. All it entails is to prioritize your activities. Know when and how best it suits you to read and understand faster. Never follow the crowd.

Make use of study groups, ask questions from your seniors (immediate set before yours most preferably) concerning each course on both departmental and outside. Tutorial is also good, but be careful with it. Tutorial is only meant to brush up any grey areas you have in the class. It doesn't equate or substitute for your class note

Lastly but not least, try to understand your lecturers before their assessments of you. There wants are not the same. For some, a mere reproduction of your note is enough to fetch you an "A" grade, while some requires the extra milles for you to get the maximum points. You get to understand the peculiarities of each of them by being regular and punctual in classes. Definitely, their mode of teaching, body languages, and even direct saying by some of them will reveal all these things to you. That is one of the major reasons why attendance in classes is very important.

Lastly, the God factor is there to avert missing scripts, miscarriage of grades and all the likes beyond your own control . Pray, and always put God first. With

With all these few tips and the advise from others, you should have a new song to sing very soon.
I wish you the best!
thanks
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Aegerine: 7:00am On Feb 22, 2017
ugonna1054:
wanted to ask if u studied geology...... Aegerine (mineralogy class) smiley..........@ op just follow the advise from previous posters.......try to use past questions more often..

Yeah! I studied geology, and of course you guessed right. My username Aegerine was coined from the knowledge of mineralogy wink
ugonna1054:

Yeah! I studied geology, and of course you guessed right. My username Aegerine was coined from the knowledge of mineralogy. Are you also from OAU? Current student or graduate?
Nice meeting you!
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Francis95(m): 8:13am On Feb 22, 2017
Aegerine:

Yeah! I studied geology, and of course you guessed right. My username Aegerine was coined from the knowledge of mineralogy wink

Yeah! I studied geology, and of course you guessed right. My username Aegerine was coined from the knowledge of mineralogy. Are you also from OAU? Current student or graduate?
Nice meeting you!

Is it really tough to gain admission in Oau? Education course to be precise
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Aegerine: 8:36am On Feb 22, 2017
Francis95:

Is it really tough to gain admission in Oau? Education course to be precise

It isn't. Oau is noted for its transparency when it comes to admission issue. Just attain the cut off mark for your desired course, and you are sure of being admitted without any need for further lobbying.
Also some courses are more competitive, but courses in education are not that difficult to secure admission into.
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Francis95(m): 11:19am On Feb 22, 2017
Aegerine:

It isn't. Oau is noted for its transparency when it comes to admission issue. Just attain the cut off mark for your desired course, and you are sure of being admitted without any need for further lobbying.
Also some courses are more competitive, but courses in education are not that difficult to secure admission into.
thanks Aegerine , do you have any idea on how many students they admit in Education faculty eg Economics Education....something like Department quota....?
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Aegerine: 12:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
Francis95:

thanks Aegerine , do you have any idea on how many students they admit in Education faculty eg Economics Education....something like Department quota....?

Can't really say. I have left the place some few years ago, but I think that they admit quite appreciable number of applicants in education as compared to the science oriented disciplines.
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by AidanYates: 1:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
Everyone is trying is improve their GPA,but as they are busy in life so it is quite challenging,but if you submit your best assignment so you can improve your GPA. By going through this Buy Dissertation Online, you can get the best assignment or dissertation help.And it is the instant way to get your GPA improve.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Francis95(m): 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2017
Aegerine:

Can't really say. I have left the place some few years ago, but I think that they admit quite appreciable number of applicants in education as compared to the science oriented disciplines.

Alright, thanks Sir.
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by ugonna1054(m): 10:57pm On Feb 22, 2017
Aegerine:

Nice meeting you!
nahh...Unilag, semi-finals......nice to meet you too sir.
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Aegerine: 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
ugonna1054:
nahh...Unilag, semi-finals......nice to meet you too sir.

You are welcome. Best wishes to you
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 23, 2017
Aegerine:

You are welcome. Best wishes to you
Hi Mr Aegerine, am in my 3rd year geology OAU.. Its good to meet you... Any tips?
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by jefdr001: 6:44am On Feb 23, 2017
As soon as you learn that you are supposed to say 'how can I raise my gp ' rather than 'how can I rise my gp'
Ur gp will automatically rise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Aegerine: 6:51am On Feb 23, 2017
Peterjosh:
Hi Mr Aegerine, am in my 3rd year geology OAU.. Its good to meet you... Any tips?

Good to meet you too, and I wish you success bro.
There are sure tips that will assist you a lot. Your current level is the toughest among the levels in the dept. As a result, it requires due diligence and focus for you to scale through successfully. Of course, it is possible, but you gotta work extra harder. The joy of it is that once you survive year 3 without any hitch, you are almost sure of being there.
Here might not be a good avenue to exhaust all that I have for you, but just in case, you feel any need for further advise on how to go about it, you can PM. We can connect off nairaland.
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 23, 2017
Aegerine:

Good to meet you too, and I wish you success bro.
There are sure tips that will assist you a lot. Your current level is the toughest among the levels in the dept. As a result, it requires due diligence and focus for you to scale through successfully. Of course, it is possible, but you gotta work extra harder. The joy of it is that once you survive year 3 without any hitch, you are almost sure of being there.
Here might not be a good avenue to exhaust all that I have for you, but just in case, you feel any need for further advise on how to go about it, you can PM. We can connect off nairaland.
Thank you sir.. Am grateful.
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by CynthiaKellay: 9:49am On May 27, 2017
All you have to do is make your academic education more effective to get good GP in education. Number of students complete their assignments with experts like Coursework Online to write a better academic paper. You can do that too.
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by PatriciaWall: 11:25am On Sep 01, 2017
Grameenphone Ltd ended the quarter with 59.9 million active subscribers, registering a 3.3 per cent growth from last quarter. The company also acquired 0.7 million internet users like we do blog here during the period, taking the quarter end base to 25.2 million.
Re: How Can I Rise My GP by Kathypereg: 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2017
This is something I always expect from this community. Not only I get new updates, but very useful updates and this is what I really like about this community...Great Work

Leather Coats Womens

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Are Studying Any Of This Course In Nigeria University, You Are Not In Sch / ASUU Strike: Yar’adua Seeks Oshiomhole’s Intervention / JAMB Registrar, Prof. Oloyede: I Don’t Have Social Media Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.