Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Understanding The 10th Dimension - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The 10th Dimension (2376 Views)

Luciferean Series I: Understanding Christianity / Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Let's Pray For The Peace Of Nigeria On The 10th Of December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding The 10th Dimension by mavenbox: 12:59am On Dec 10, 2009
Part 1:
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA[/flash]

Part 2:
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8wNL0wtGQk[/flash]

What do you think?
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by KunleOshob(m): 9:54am On Dec 10, 2009
Very confusing, i can only think in the third dimension.

By the way which dimension is heaven in
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by PastorAIO: 10:35am On Dec 10, 2009
Brilliant stuff!
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by xtristo(m): 11:10am On Dec 10, 2009
@the topic

Einstein mama!
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by mavenbox: 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
@KunleOshob: LOL did you watch the video? It explains the physical attributes of higher dimensions. As for heaven, I personally believe it is not in a physical higher dimension. It's like trying to understand irrationals like pi and e while studying the complexity of fractions and recurring decimals?  shocked shocked shocked

@PastorAIO: Glad you like it! Got these videos off youtube last year, it was an interesting view. Thought some people may find it interesting, so I posted the links here.

@Xtristo:  grin LOL thanks, but sha na God get power o, man's intellect is a joke. Like the moon reflecting the sun's light, we really know nothing and can comprehend nothing. By their fruits you shall know them, and not their many green leaves!
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by KunleOshob(m): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2009
@mavenbox
I watched the video but i think it is tooo highly speculative and presumptious, i mean who has experienced the fourth dimension talkless of the mythical 5th to tenth dimensions. Is there any thing that backs this assertions or are we to accept it by faith as well.
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by mavenbox: 7:35pm On Dec 10, 2009
@KunleOshob: LOL there may not be much evidence if you seek it now, because almost all of human experience is still in the 3D world. The few ones that are not are deemed paranormal. But very soon, if Christ tarries, I believe we may experience "technological advancements" such as time-travel, which will apply some of these dimensions and put them into practical use. After all, at one time the law of gravity was all-assuming until the law of aerodynamics was initiated and man was air-borne in unprecedented vehicles.
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by bawomolo(m): 7:45pm On Dec 10, 2009
It's like trying to understand irrationals like pi and e while studying the complexity of fractions and recurring decimals?

and what exactly is so complex about pi and e?  i do not get this analogy and how it relates to higher dimension.

if Christ tarries, I believe we may experience "technological advancements" such as time-travel, which will apply some of these dimensions and put them into practical use.

are you saying we only have technological advancements because "christ" allows it? What if Sango or Thor opposes these technological advancements.
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by PastorAIO: 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2009
To Tarry is an english word that means to delay.

So she meant if Christ delays his coming.
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by KunleOshob(m): 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2009
mavenbox:

@KunleOshob: LOL there may not be much evidence if you seek it now, because almost all of human experience is still in the 3D world. The few ones that are not are deemed paranormal. But very soon, if Christ tarries, I believe we may experience "technological advancements" such as time-travel, which will apply some of these dimensions and put them into practical use. After all, at one time the law of gravity was all-assuming until the law of aerodynamics was initiated and man was air-borne in unprecedented vehicles.
I do agree with you that there are occurences which we can not perceive as humans becos of our limited senses, even lower animals have exihibted senses that leave us dazzled[i.e migratory animals that migrate thousands of miles across the globe yearly and can still find their way home] some animals have been observed to have senses that can feel the earth's magnetic field or have an internal GPS and this is backed by science talkless of human parnoramal experiences. In truth there are occurences we can't perceive whether extra dimensional or not. but the fact still remains that there is no logic or facts to back up the hypothesis in that video.
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by mavenbox: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2009
@kunleOshob: Ok But I dont think you can find facts supporting higher dimensions if your window of observation is within 3D

@bawomolo: I was talking about Jesus' return aka the end of the age. I was talking to a Christian so he understood my point. (Pastor AIO, thanks)

Talking about pi and e, I was implying that HEAVEN, a spiritual place (which KunleOshob asked about) is disjoint with higher dimensions observable in this physical place, just as irrational and rational numbers in set theory. There is no intersection of the number sets. I think he understood my point, though undecided
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by KunleOshob(m): 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2009
mavenbox:

@kunleOshob: Ok But I dont think you can find facts supporting higher dimensions if your window of observation is within 3D

So were did the producers of that video get there "facts" from

mavenbox:

Talking about pi and e, I was implying that HEAVEN, a spiritual place (which KunleOshob asked about) is disjoint with higher dimensions observable in this physical place, just as irrational and rational numbers in set theory. There is no intersection of the number sets. I think he understood my point, though undecided
I am sorry my dear but the higher dimensions postulated in that video are not observable in the physical place. that aprt i suspect heaven exist in another dimension not physically perceivable to human abilities.
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by mavenbox: 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
KunleOshob:

So were did the producers of that video get there "facts" from
In science, it's called HYPOTHESIS. It's not a theory, these are world-wide accepted postulates about higher dimensions. Authorities in the fields think this is what higher dimensions are all about, and for those of us who do not have better answers, we can either ignore their postulates or accept them. It's not a life-or-death matter.  undecided

(A)
KunleOshob:

I am sorry my dear but the higher dimensions postulated in that video are not observable in the physical place. that aprt i suspect heaven exist in another dimension not physically perceivable to human abilities.
(B)
KunleOshob:

Very confusing, i can only think in the third dimension.

By the way which dimension is heaven in
So if you knew (A) above, why did you ask me (B)?  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by bawomolo(m): 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
Pastor AIO:

To Tarry is an english word that means to delay.   

So she meant if Christ delays his coming. 

oh i see that's interesting.  Would there be a reason for Christ to delay his coming?

Talking about pi and e, I was implying that HEAVEN, a spiritual place (which KunleOshob asked about) is disjoint with higher dimensions observable in this physical place, just as irrational and rational numbers in set theory. There is no intersection of the number sets. I think he understood my point, though

You have made two assumptions, one being that heaven exists and another being that heaven is disjoint from "higher" dimensions observable.  If these dimensions aren't observable, how do you know they exist?

i'm smelling some guesswork and hypothesis being presented as fact here.

Authorities in the fields think this is what higher dimensions are all about

i've heard of a 4th dimension but what authorities speak of a 10th dimension?
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by mavenbox: 11:51pm On Dec 10, 2009
oh i see that's interesting. Would there be a reason for Christ to delay his coming?
When AIO said delay his coming, he meant "delay" with respect to us, meaning that IF IT DOES NOT HAPPEN BEFORE THE SAID TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT. It's not Delay like it happens with airplane flights undecided

You have made two assumptions, one being that heaven exists and another being that heaven is disjoint from "higher" dimensions observable. If these dimensions aren't observable, how do you know they exist?

i'm smelling some guesswork and hypothesis being presented as fact here.
And your point is? undecided I was answering KunleOshob, a professed Christian who accepts heaven as a fundamental matter of faith. So now you want me to go about proving to you the existence of heaven and what the nature of its higher dimensions in real and virtual planes are? If na dat one you go wait tire o.

Authorities in the fields think this is what higher dimensions are all about
i've heard of a 4th dimension but what authorities speak of a 10th dimension?
Why not use the google engine? Keywords: Field theory, Supergravity, supersymmetry, general relativity, M-Theory, Physics, Higher Dimensions. I am sure you will come up with something because I did when I was inquisitive enough months ago.

Here are Wikipedia articles on the 4th, 5th and 6th dimensions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_dimension
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_dimension
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_dimension

the ones higher than the 6th are mostly in conjecture for now. In advanced physics so far, there are postulates on dimensions up to the ELEVENTH. I do not know if there are any more now, but to my knowledge few weeks back it was eleven.

Cheers.
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by Krayola(m): 12:04am On Dec 11, 2009
I'm in the 11th dimension right now. What do u need to know?  cool cool

It might be hard to communicate with u mere mortals down there in level 3, but I'll try my best  grin
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by bawomolo(m): 12:32am On Dec 11, 2009
mavenbox:

And your point is? undecided I was answering KunleOshob, a professed Christian who accepts heaven as a fundamental matter of faith. So now you want me to go about proving to you the existence of heaven and what the nature of its higher dimensions in real and virtual planes are? If na dat one you go wait tire o.

but you speak of heaven as if it exists even though you have no proof or knowledge of it's existence right?

[b]Authorities in the fields think this is what higher dimensions are all about[/b]Why not use the google engine? Keywords: Field theory, Supergravity, supersymmetry, general relativity, M-Theory, Physics, Higher Dimensions. I am sure you will come up with something because I did when I was inquisitive enough months ago.

you didn't get my question, i asked for names of authorities that speak of a tenth dimension. please produce the name of those authorities. these dimensions are hypothetical are in no way useful in explaining what heaven is.

In advanced physics so far, there are postulates on dimensions up to the ELEVENTH. I do not know if there are any more now, but to my knowledge few weeks back it was eleven.

could you show these postulations? especially the eleventh ones.

Krayola:

I'm in the 11th dimension right now. What do u need to know?  cool cool

It might be hard to communicate with u mere mortals down there in level 3, but I'll try my best  grin

see this simpleton, you are still trapped in the matrix while i'm patrolling middle earth with Gandalf cool
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by Krayola(m): 12:42am On Dec 11, 2009
bawomolo:

see this simpleton, you are still trapped in the matrix while i'm patrolling middle earth with Gandalf cool
Gandalf does our laundry here . . and polishes my shoes. cool cool
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by mavenbox: 12:52am On Dec 11, 2009
@bawomolo:
I will not proceed to discuss Final Theory or the Eleventh dimension here. Read the article by Michio Kaku, professor of theoretical physics at the City University of New York. As far as I know, he is one of the only (most?) respected proponents of the Eleventh

http://www.fortunecity.com/emachines/e11/86/dimens.html (The Eleventh Dimension)

You may also find interesting things on his site
http://mkaku.org/

I have no comment on the rest of your post.

Have a great night ahead,
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by mavenbox: 12:58am On Dec 11, 2009
I just found out that I am wrong, there are in fact 12 dimensions proposed so far, and the elusive FINAL theory of Physics may be operating at the 12th dimension.

I give you http://mkaku.org/home/?page_id=262

Is the End in Sight?

Vafa recently added a strange twist to this when he introduced yet another mega-theory, this time a 12 dimensional theory called F-theory (F for “father”) which explains the self-duality of the IIb string. (Unfortunately, this 12 dimensional theory is rather strange: it has two time co-ordinates, not one, and actually violates 12 dimensional relativity. Imagine trying to live in a world with two times! It would put an episode of Twilight Zone to shame.) So is the final theory 10, 11, or 12 dimensional?

Schwarz, for one, feels that the final version of M-theory may not even have any fixed dimension
. He feels that the true theory may be independent of any dimensionality of space-time, and that 11 dimensions only emerges once one tries to solve it. Townsend seems to agree, saying “the whole notion of dimensionality is an approximate one that only emerges in some semiclassical context.” So does this means that the end is in sight, that we will someday soon derive the Standard Model from first principles? I asked some of the leaders in this field to respond to this question. Although they are all enthusiastic supporters of this revolution, they are still cautious about predicting the future. Townsend believes that we are in a stage similar to the old quantum era of the Bohr atom, just before the full elucidation of quantum mechanics. He says, “We have some fruitful pictures and some rules analogous to the Bohr-Sommerfeld quantization rules, but it’s also clear that we don’t have a complete theory.”

Duff says, “Is M-theory merely a theory of supermembranes and super 5-branes requiring some (as yet unknown) non- perturbative quantization, or (as Witten believes) are the under- lying degrees of freedom of M-theory yet to be discovered? I am personally agnostic on this point.” Witten certainly believes we are on the right track, but we need a few more “revolutions” like this to finally solve the theory. “I think there are still a couple more superstring revolutions in our future, at least. If we can manage one more superstring revolution a decade, I think that we will do all right,” he says. [b]Vafa says, “I hope this is the ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ but who knows how long the tunnel is!” [/b]Schwarz, moreover, has written about M-theory: “Whether it is based on something geometrical (like supermembranes) or some- thing completely different is still not known. In any case, finding it would be a landmark in human intellectual history.” Personally, I am optimistic. For the first time, we can see the outline of the lion, and it is magnificent. One day, we will hear it roar.

The lion referred to above is this one,
"Nature shows us only the tail of the lion. But I do not doubt that the lion belongs to it even though he cannot at once reveal himself because of his enormous size" - Albert Einstein
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by kristonium(m): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2009
mavenbox:

I just found out that I am wrong, there are in fact 12 dimensions proposed so far, and the elusive FINAL theory of Physics may be operating at the 12th dimension.

I give you http://mkaku.org/home/?page_id=262
The lion referred to above is this one,

Maven,dnt worry i will turn my intellectual sagacity on the 13th dimension.all i neeed is ur support.i'm aiming at the Nobel prize in quantum physics.wouldnt be nice if a Nigerian wins it for once aside Prof Wole Soyinka that won it once in the field of Literature.cant we work together to achieve this feat?
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by theseeker2: 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2009
something in the video reminds me of a paper i read somtime ago. The author 'proved' the existence of God using collaspsing wave functions. he claimed since only the act of observation can fix the position of an electron and thus cause the probabilty wave equation to collapse, the universe would never have formed at the point of the big bang if there was no one to observe. Simply because atom would never have formed if there was no one (God) to observe them. The electronswould have been 'everywhere' at the same time
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by beneli(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2009
the_seeker:

something in the video reminds me of a paper i read somtime ago. The author 'proved' the existence of God using collaspsing wave functions. he claimed since only the act of observation can fix the position of an electron and thus cause the probabilty wave equation to collapse, the universe would never have formed at the point of the big bang if there was no one to observe. Simply because atom would never have formed if there was no one (God) to observe them. The electronswould have been 'everywhere' at the same time

I doubt it proves the existence of God, but it certainly adds more weapons to the arsenal of those that would use science to argue for His existence!
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by theseeker2: 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2009
beneli:

I doubt it proves the existence of God, but it certainly adds more weapons to the arsenal of those that would use science to argue for His existence!

God does not need science to prove Him. He can only be known through reason
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by beneli(m): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
the_seeker:

God does not need science to prove Him. He can only be known through reason

No, certainly not by reason, but by Faith. God can be 'known' only by Faith.

Using reason, logic or science to try to apprehend God will always leave room for arguements that lead nowhere. The 'wave function collapse' thing you mentioned provides, those that would argue for God, a theoretical tool they can use for their arguments or something 'tangible' for the scientifically minded to anchor their 'understanding' of what they already have believed in through Faith, but it certainly provides no 'evidence' for His existence. Those that would argue against His existance would say it's just another process in quantum mechanics. Nothing more.
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by theseeker2: 5:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
beneli:

No, certainly not by reason, but by Faith. God can be 'known' only by Faith.

Using reason, logic or science to try to apprehend God will always leave room for arguements that lead nowhere. The 'wave function collapse' thing you mentioned provides, those that would argue for God, a theoretical tool they can use for their arguments or something 'tangible' for the scientifically minded to anchor their 'understanding' of what they already have believed in through Faith, but it certainly provides no 'evidence' for His existence. Those that would argue against His existance would say it's just another process in quantum mechanics. Nothing more.

if you call it Faith and not Reason, then i put it to you that so called atheist also disbelive in God by Faith and not reason.
Same way science cannot prove God, it also cannot disprove him. So how does an atheist 'know' that God does not exist if he cannot prove it. He only accepts his belief by faith
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by beneli(m): 5:38pm On Dec 11, 2009
the_seeker:

if you call it Faith and not Reason, then i put it to you that so called atheist also disbelive in God by Faith and not reason.
Same way science cannot prove God, it also cannot disprove him. So how does an atheist 'know' that God does not exist if he cannot prove it. He only accepts his belief by faith

I agree with you.
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by mavenbox1: 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2009
Shut up, you imbeciles. All of you. There are only three dimensions. Morons!
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by mavenbox: 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2009
undecided These clones are now everywhere. Gosh!

@Moderator: Please I have been impersonated!
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by bawomolo(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2009
mavenbox:

Shut up, you imbeciles. All of you. There are only three dimensions. Morons!

word. we are all trapped in the matrix
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by kristonium(m): 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2009
mavenbox:

undecided These clones are now everywhere. Gosh!

@Moderator: Please I have been impersonated!

i suggest u do the following,

1.write a disclaimmer and paste on NL

2.officially write to the administrator for appropriate penalty

it is a matter of time the truth will surely prevail.dnt worry ok!
Re: Understanding The 10th Dimension by mavenbox: 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2009
^^^ Thanks! The clone has been banned already, I got a message from a moderator. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:God Delights In Your Prosperity / What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. / How Many People Are Going To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.