Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) (52240 Views)

See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) / Reverend Father Carrying Gun In Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by boneruns(m): 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
Old pictures. This made FP sometime last year. I don't know why it is up here again.

https://www.nairaland.com/2892997/catholic-priests-dance-masquerade-event
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Daniel058(m): 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
feb4real:

This same picture was first shared in 2015 on nairaland, also in 2016 another one in 2017.
lol
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Lilimax(f): 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
Tufiakwa! Ekwem na Chukwu, ekwem na ekwensu! embarassed
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by ezenaija(m): 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
Splinz:

You're yet to understand the link between Catholics and traditional worshipers. Though they may differs in certain ways, but one thing unite and bind them together. And what is it? Idol worship!

I tell you, both of them do 'honor' their fathers and mothers very well.

I can bet you lack both the intellectual and theological capacity to explain, define "idol worship". Please if you do, can please explain what it means and show how Catholics are "idol worshippers"?
If you don't, then you are an Ode of the highest order!
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by mancheeutd(m): 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
grin
Being a priest is really tough and makes them mostly confused,

They JOIN the seminary due to parental influence when THE flesh hasn't been conquered and end up being regular men wearing cassocks...

They become habitual drinkers due to constant consumption of the communion wine,
get turned on/aroused listening to sexual confessions,

They are expected to be celibate, but they end up molesting male mass servers and married women
because
the profession forces them to be who they really aren't.

Body no be fire wood....ask Bisola. undecided

Just the other day, we saw one preaching with an automatic rifle.

You have said it all currently serving in a Catholic sch in owerri if I tell you what the rev. Father dey do u will say am exaggerating...The most annoying part is that the seminarians will tell you that he's closer to God than anybody and that only God can judge him
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by brojoshua: 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
Both are the sons of the same father, the first being truthful than the second saying he is a child of Satan but the other one is an hypocrite in white garment pretending to be a child of God.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by DonCortino: 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
obinna58:
It seems the rev is totally confused of his profession

Atheist father

You dont even know what atheist is. undecided
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by obinna58(m): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
DonCortino:

You dont even know what atheist is. undecided
Hahaha
I doubt if the father really believes in anything gods
At least he would have had a little fear for them
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Prosper123: 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
Pato23:

Jesus Christ had said;
'I did not come to abolish the Law,but to modify them'.
How much do you understand that statement.......
Does it only relate to the ten commandment of Moses or the Do me I do you.....
Where do you categorize Ancient Paganism into.......
Before you becoming a Priest,you'll study Philosophy-4years... And Theology-4years....
During these years,you'll really know what Christianity is.......
Before you qoute me,know that the priest Studied Ancient Religion for 2 years under Theology.......

it does not make it right even if they study theology for 20 years. After all, the majority of them are gays. even the Pope visits mosques, Dalai Lama. As if he propagates peace. Which peace with someone that does not believe in Christ. that is why the number of people that are going to church yet sinful are more in catholic than any church.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by oodua007(m): 10:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
Who is fooling who?

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by danidee10(m): 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
sexybaby22:
Masqurades are not all spiritual. Some are just forms of entertainment.

I just tire for everybody on this thread. A lot of masquerades are solely for entertainment. E be like say na only u get sense for this place sef

2 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by ladychioma: 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
There is nothing wrong in this. It's culture. This is part of entertainment. People should say what they know.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by ladychioma: 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
ladychioma:
There is nothing wrong in this. It's culture. This is part of entertainment. People should say what they know.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Oghenekohwo1402(f): 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
obembet:
Nigerians nor go kill me with their sense of humour,see what I saw

SOLVE THIS RIDDLE:
I am an object,

In my military regime, I ruled for only 20 months (31st Dec 1983 - 28th August 1985) and was overthrown.

Now, in my civilian regime, I ruled for exactly another 20 months (29th May 2015 - 19th January 2017) and went for indefinite holidays.

Today is exactly 20 days since I left office to unknown destination.

Who am I?

Click like if u know
lmao cheesy cheesy
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by samidbest001(m): 10:40pm On Feb 21, 2017
[b][WHY DO PEOPLE MAKE HASTY JUDGEMENT, TALK WITHOUT REASONING AND MAKE COMMENTS WITHOUT KNOWING THE ROOT OF THINGS.
I DONT KNOW IF ANY OF YOU IS AWARE OF THE WORD INCULTURATION.
HOWEVER, WHO TOLD US THAT MASQUERADE IS SIN, THE WHITE. BUT HE STILL BROUGHT SANTA CLAUSE TO US.
HE TOLD US THAT OUR ENTERTAINING MASQUERADES ARE EVIL, WE DUMP THEM, AND BUY OR STEEL IT FROM US.
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO STOP BEING NAIVE.
THAT PRIEST DANCING HAVE TRAVELED AND HAVE DONE LOTS OF STUDIES TO KNOW THINGS BY THEIR ROOTS. LET US STOP BEING FOOLS BEFORE THE WHITES

1 Like

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Prosper123:

it does not make it right even if they study theology for 20 years. After all, the majority of them are gays. even the Pope visits mosques, Dalai Lama. As if he propagates peace. Which peace with someone that does not believe in Christ. that is why the number of people that are going to church yet sinful are more in catholic than any church.
Where is your point sef..........
Learn how to say something meaningful..... Qoute me when you're done
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
have you forgotten what the bible said abt Jesus and the tax collector? and Jesus told them that he has not come to for the Christians but he has come to save the sinners
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Wiz3t: 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Splinz:

You're yet to understand the link between Catholics and traditional worshipers. Though they may differs in certain ways, but one thing unite and bind them together. And what is it? Idol worship!

You are right. I concord!!!
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by middlebelter(m): 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
Strictly my personal opinion :The only difference between the two men is the colour of their dress.

1 Like

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Realedu: 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
InsanePsycho:

Jesus will be proud of you cheesy grin
learn to respect people's beliefs
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by blankees(m): 10:55pm On Feb 21, 2017
You can say wateva you like about Catholics sir, it won't change anything about them. Why are you trying to take panadol for their headaches? On the last day every one will be judged according to his deeds, so hold ur peace bro and check the next door.
Splinz:

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Prosper123: 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
Pato23:

Where is your point sef..........
Learn how to say something meaningful..... Qoute me when you're done
i mean upon they study theology,philosophy and kiniko. yet..... then fix what I wrote earlier)
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Wiz3t: 10:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
samidbest001:
[b][WHY DO PEOPLE MAKE HASTY JUDGEMENT, TALK WITHOUT REASONING AND MAKE COMMENTS WITHOUT KNOWING THE ROOT OF THINGS.
I DONT KNOW IF ANY OF YOU IS AWARE OF THE WORD INCULTURATION.
HOWEVER, WHO TOLD US THAT MASQUERADE IS SIN, THE WHITE. BUT HE STILL BROUGHT SANTA CLAUSE TO US.
HE TOLD US THAT OUR ENTERTAINING MASQUERADES ARE EVIL, WE DUMP THEM, AND BUY OR STEEL IT FROM US.
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO STOP BEING NAIVE.
THAT PRIEST DANCING HAVE TRAVELED AND HAVE DONE LOTS OF STUDIES TO KNOW THINGS BY THEIR ROOTS. LET US STOP BEING FOOLS BEFORE THE WHITES
I sure know u are a Catholic. Hence am not surprised because you have been brainwashed into saying what they want youbto be saying and that's exactly what you are doing now. But know for sure that "there can be no fellowship between light and darkness." Believed it or not, masquerade is evil. Sacrifices are made before it's danced and those sacrifices represent evil covenant in place. Most of the things we suffer from today are the consequences of the idol worships of our fore-parents. In this new age and century I pray we are wise.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by popsyleo1: 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2017
This suppose not be a topic. The Priest committed no crime. Allow the Catholics to be. Did you see the Priest with juju. He was only having fun. If you do not like what he was doing over look it and leave your life. They are not talking about your religion. Why did you go there in the first place, either to go and seek for what to say. My dear my best advise is, mind how you talk about religious issues. God bless us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by blankees(m): 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
Wow, interesting statistics u have here sir. I believe u know the portion of the Bible that says "Judge not and you will not be judged". Since you do not have a large sinful number continue to pray for us that are sinful.
Prosper123:

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nukualofa: 11:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
I'm from ukpor and i can tell you that this masquerade is not revered in my place. Its just a dance masquerade
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Wiz3t: 11:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
ezenaija:

I can bet you lack both the intellectual and theological capacity to explain, define "idol worship". Please if you do, can please explain what it means and show how Catholics are "idol worshippers"?
If you don't, then you are an Ode of the highest order!

The graven images including mary's statue which you all bow to and pray to are direct examples of Idol worship in the Catholic Church. Or have you not head or read what God commamded in the Bible?
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by kazyhm(m): 11:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
slurryeye:
I love this

I will tell you all why I love this. Apart from the fact that this shows huge religion tolerance between the priest and the traditionalists (trust me, we need religion tolerance in Nigeria and Africa as a whole), it also show identification with indigenous religion.
Why is identification with indigenous religion important for us in Africa? It is important in order to emancipate ourselves from mental and spiritual slavery. Until we emancipate ourselves from these slavery, we will continue to remain backward among all races.

Hear me out.
An arab man believes that an Arab looking man called Mohammad was a prophet from their supreme God
A caucasian man believes that a man called Jesus is the only son of God. Though he was born in middle east, they have altered things, and they have shown us that he had blonde hair and blue eyes (caucasian looking)
A chinese man believes that a chinese looking man called buddha is their God
A jewish man believes that jewish looking men like David, moses etc. were prophets from their supreme God
An indian man believes in indian looking being such as Vishnu, Devi, Shiva etc. as their deities

But we Africans continue fighting and killing ourselves over who is more genuine between a caucasian religion and an arabic religion. Meanwhile, we have tagged deities and gods looking like us as evil and doomed

What does this implies? Owing that we are mostly Christians and Muslims in Nigeria and Africa as a whole, what this implies is that we have mentally and spiritually believe we are inferior to the arabs and caucasians since the messenger of God and son of God we believe in are Arab and Caucasian looking respectively.

Do I imply we should leave Christianity and Islam? I'm not saying so, all what I'm saying is that we shouldn't condemn our traditions and indigenous religions, we should find a way to eliminate awkward and barbaric believes in our indigenous traditions/religions, we should have more tolerance for others belief and religion, we should believe more in our black skin and black abilities. Until we do these, we will continue to remain backward because we have serious identity crisis

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by blankees(m): 11:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yet Jesus still ate and dined with sinners. I did come for the righteous but for sinners. It is only the sick that needs the doctor not the healthy my friend.
Wiz3t:

I sure know u are a Catholic. Hence am not surprised because you have been brainwashed into saying what they want youbto be saying and that's exactly what you are doing now. But know for sure that "there can be no fellowship between light and darkness." Believed it or not, masquerade is evil. Sacrifices are made before it's danced and those sacrifices represent evil covenant in place. Most of the things we suffer from today are the consequences of the idol worships of our fore-parents. In this new age and century I pray we are wise.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by KENFERDYOORI(m): 11:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
grin
Being a priest is really tough and makes them mostly confused,

They JOIN the seminary due to parental influence when THE flesh hasn't been conquered and end up being regular men wearing cassocks...

They become habitual drinkers due to constant consumption of the communion wine,
get turned on/aroused listening to sexual confessions,

They are expected to be celibate, but they end up molesting male mass servers and married women
because
the profession forces them to be who they really aren't.

Body no be fire wood....ask Bisola. undecided

Just the other day, we saw one preaching with an automatic rifle.

But you've not faced the issue at hand. Don't say what you don't know. You don't know what it's like being a priest.

1 Like

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by churchillsheddy(m): 11:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
Datz Culture preservance ND tolerations jare.... kiss sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dunamis Speaks On Burning Of Traders’ Goods Along Abuja Airport Road / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) / Prophet Joshua Iginla 2023 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.