Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) (52226 Views)

See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) / Reverend Father Carrying Gun In Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by ekene9: 11:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
so we should obviously forget our traditions and customs all because of the white men.
its a big shame that we no longer no our roots.
looking closely u will notice that even those masquerades were students of the school just upholding the igbo culture n traditions.
All these end time mushroom Pentecostal churches have really murdered people.
#coreigbo
#purecatholic
#alwaysandforever

1 Like

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by JONAS21: 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
InsanePsycho:
Even he knows the Jewish god is useless
meaning
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by JONAS21: 11:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
I heat
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
grin
Being a priest is really tough and makes them mostly confused,

They JOIN the seminary due to parental influence when THE flesh hasn't been conquered and end up being regular men wearing cassocks...

They become habitual drinkers due to constant consumption of the communion wine,
get turned on/aroused listening to sexual confessions,

They are expected to be celibate, but they end up molesting male mass servers and married women
because
the profession forces them to be who they really aren't.

Body no be fire wood....ask Bisola. undecided

Just the other day, we saw one preaching with an automatic rifle.

you must be a pentecostal member, see as u carry Catholic matter like load.

1 Like

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by mekleelex200(m): 11:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
Prosper123:

Which peace with someone that does not believe in Christ. that is why the number of people that are going to church yet sinful are more in catholic than any church.
Are you sure of what you just wrote or u just want to blab.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by mekleelex200(m): 11:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Wiz3t:

I sure know u are a Catholic. Hence am not surprised because you have been brainwashed into saying what they want youbto be saying and that's exactly what you are doing now. But know for sure that "there can be no fellowship between light and darkness." Believed it or not, masquerade is evil. Sacrifices are made before it's danced and those sacrifices represent evil covenant in place. Most of the things we suffer from today are the consequences of the idol worships of our fore-parents. In this new age and century I pray we are wise.
But China, Japan, India, Korea etc are worshiping Idol yet they are recognized in the world, say what you know. I am not a religion fanatic but our problem is psychological more of mental slavery.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by 9t9jacobs: 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
OP...that was a church drama organised by the youth! I watched it live last year December. You no get work at all oo.

3 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 22, 2017
DozieInc:
This is serious collabo.
I dey tell u cool
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 12:16am On Feb 22, 2017
Daniel058:
I go Change church soon, so help me God.

God of W F KUMUYI, I need you for a divine change, for miracle....!
You know say I no holy
Biti kunuyi
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Kemy11(m): 12:34am On Feb 22, 2017
This is just a cultural dance called Izuogu. its being displayed during feast days of st pauls seminary ukpor and All Hallows seminary Onitsha. Its a mimic of pericoma stuff. Amansi aburo ogwu. Only ex seminarians from these schools would know.

3 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by InsanePsycho(m): 12:50am On Feb 22, 2017
Realedu:
learn to respect people's beliefs

Learn more about your belief

Learn to keep your belief to yourself and not preach it to other people
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by azezola(m): 1:09am On Feb 22, 2017
Black Christian = Uncle Tom
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by bameyi(m): 1:21am On Feb 22, 2017
Am not Yoruba but I know they have a song in that ethnic group that says no religious beliefs stop them from serving their masquerade. Esin kon ko ni kawa ma sin Oro... lol am I right.. ability ya toh se abinibi.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by mandax: 1:22am On Feb 22, 2017
Splinz:

You're yet to understand the link between Catholics and traditional worshipers. Though they may differs in certain ways, but one thing unite and bind them together. And what is it? Idol worship!

I tell you, both of them do 'honor' their fathers and mothers very well.

Just noticed - even through his/her many poor verbal conjugations:

a half-baked, semi-literate and most ignorant anti-Christ.

You know nothing about the Roman Catholic Church.

2 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by BankManager(m): 1:45am On Feb 22, 2017
Stale.!!

2 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by longerthroat(m): 4:44am On Feb 22, 2017
We celebrate Halloween, we even pay for our Kids to visit Father Christmas in churches, yet we are quick to condemn our own Masquerade... Africans wake up and appreciate yours. our culture is going into extinction. GOD BLESS THE PRIEST!

3 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by cintia(f): 5:09am On Feb 22, 2017
All am seeing here is a DRAMA presented by the students of st. Paul's seminary Ukpor.

3 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by spacohill3(m): 5:20am On Feb 22, 2017
Psychophants! Most masquerades aren't fetish rather mere entertainment things.
Later u wear Halloween costumes and say it isn't the same thing.
Woe unto this generation! A generation that polish pebbles and darken diamonds.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 5:28am On Feb 22, 2017
Prosper123:
i mean upon they study theology,philosophy and kiniko. yet..... then fix what I wrote earlier)
But you dont have anything that is backing up what you said....so Philosophically,its pointless......
Pointless Points.....
You have no idea about a thing It will be of benefit for you to keep quiet and mind your business..
Its a secret of living longer.... Okay!
Have a bless day!
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 22, 2017
cintia:
All am seeing here is a DRAMA presented by the students of st. Paul's seminary Ukpor.
They wont understand...my sister,dont mind........
Them
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 5:35am On Feb 22, 2017
Mods please close this thread
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 5:38am On Feb 22, 2017
Kemy11:
This is just a cultural dance called Izuogu. its being displayed during feast days of st pauls seminary ukpor and All Hallows seminary Onitsha. Its a mimic of pericoma stuff. Amansi aburo ogwu. Only ex seminarians from these schools would know.
Once a seminarian,always a seminarian........
Dont mind them.........
I wonder why this made FP sef...
One love brother....
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 22, 2017
From St. Joseph Major Seminary Cultural Day.......

Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 5:59am On Feb 22, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
grin
Being a priest is really tough and makes them mostly confused,

They JOIN the seminary due to parental influence when THE flesh hasn't been conquered and end up being regular men wearing cassocks...

They become habitual drinkers due to constant consumption of the communion wine,
get turned on/aroused listening to sexual confessions,

They are expected to be celibate, but they end up molesting male mass servers and married women
because
the profession forces them to be who they really aren't.

Body no be fire wood....ask Bisola. undecided

Just the other day, we saw one preaching with an automatic rifle.

Your carnal mind has conquered you
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 22, 2017
Splinz:

You're yet to understand the link between Catholics and traditional worshipers. Though they may differs in certain ways, but one thing unite and bind them together. And what is it? Idol worship!

I tell you, both of them do 'honor' their fathers and mothers very well.

Like you worship the picture of your G.O
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Mpanyi: 6:28am On Feb 22, 2017
diamond990:
so no catholic person can defend his or her faith. well d person who uploaded such pics failed to tell us if weather its a burial ceremony Wich I suppose so. while d dressing of dat priest is nt complete. 3 important dress are missing in dat pics so his like an ordinary man. bible started its clearly dia is no connection BTW darkness and light,nd d priest might be a relative to d dead person,or a family friend. even mbaka dad was a known traditional man yet his only son become a priest.as 4 d person who said catholics are known 4 dia idols worship while na freedom of speech u get.dat priest has every right to go dia Becos a person dat want to spoil catholic image refuse to tell d world wat occasion is going on and who is priest to d dead person mind Angelica priest dress like catholic 2.

Defend what? Nothing to defebd. I love allowing the ignorant to perish in their ignorance.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Mpanyi: 6:33am On Feb 22, 2017
Wiz3t:

The graven images including mary's statue which you all bow to and pray to are direct examples of Idol worship in the Catholic Church. Or have you not head or read what God commamded in the Bible?

You
folks read but don't study the bible. The Ark of Covenant and the images of angels in them were
what?
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by tillaman(m): 6:55am On Feb 22, 2017
U made alot of sense bro, I buy your prospects, u analyzed this with a watered down approached which makes this easy to digest, way to go
slurryeye:
I love this

I will tell you all why I love this. Apart from the fact that this shows huge religion tolerance between the priest and the traditionalists (trust me, we need religion tolerance in Nigeria and Africa as a whole), it also show identification with indigenous religion.
Why is identification with indigenous religion important for us in Africa? It is important in order to emancipate ourselves from mental and spiritual slavery. Until we emancipate ourselves from these slavery, we will continue to remain backward among all races.

Hear me out.
An arab man believes that an Arab looking man called Mohammad was a prophet from their supreme God
A caucasian man believes that a man called Jesus is the only son of God. Though he was born in middle east, they have altered things, and they have shown us that he had blonde hair and blue eyes (caucasian looking)
A chinese man believes that a chinese looking man called buddha is their God
A jewish man believes that jewish looking men like David, moses etc. were prophets from their supreme God
An indian man believes in indian looking being such as Vishnu, Devi, Shiva etc. as their deities

But we Africans continue fighting and killing ourselves over who is more genuine between a caucasian religion and an arabic religion. Meanwhile, we have tagged deities and gods looking like us as evil and doomed

What does this implies? Owing that we are mostly Christians and Muslims in Nigeria and Africa as a whole, what this implies is that we have mentally and spiritually believe we are inferior to the arabs and caucasians since the messenger of God and son of God we believe in are Arab and Caucasian looking respectively.

Do I imply we should leave Christianity and Islam? I'm not saying so, all what I'm saying is that we shouldn't condemn our traditions and indigenous religions, instead, we should find a way to eliminate awkward and barbaric believes in our indigenous traditions/religions, we should have more tolerance for others belief and religion, and we should believe more in our black skin and black abilities. Until we do these, we will continue to remain backward because we have serious identity crisis
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by KardinalZik(m): 7:00am On Feb 22, 2017
Jesus himself attended a party organised by sinners...and even gave them wine!

Jesus was violently criticised and vehemently opposed in the days of his earthly ministry....but we cherish his feats today as a hero for humanity - our Messiah and Savior. THAT IS HISTORY!!

This Rev Fr is doing this now and everyone want his head for dancing with a masquerade...but no one cares to know if he's following a divine revelation to him. HISTORY MIGHT REMEMBER HIM THAN YOU!!!

A prophet in the Bible was once instructed to marry a harlot (Hosea 1:2); if it were in these days, someone will come to Nairaland and claim that she was his customer beforehand.

People are spiritually myopic, if not totally blind.

For your information, I'm not a Catholic and don't plan of being one for now; but let's mind what we say.

Shalom Aleichem.
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Menzy86(m): 7:09am On Feb 22, 2017
sexybaby22:
Masqurades are not all spiritual. Some are just forms of entertainment.
Exactly my thoughts. People aren't intelligent around here it seems!
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by ndusam17(m): 7:19am On Feb 22, 2017
Ignorant to the cause
Re: Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) by Menzy86(m): 7:25am On Feb 22, 2017
Christ dined with tax collectors and ALWAYS encouraged sinners by associating FIRST with them. I can unequivocally say that Catholics receive the highest converts from other religions because of this similar conversion method. The guard of the parish I presently attend somewhere in d west is full blooded FULANI MUSLIM and he lives in d premises with his family. It was d same wit one of d premises keepers during my undergrad days at ABU. These people are NEVER disturbed to become Christians by d Priests. They simply become Christians in heart first before taking the physical leap. And by d way, we used to have cultural troups for entertainment back then in my parish (including masquerade mimmicks). This may just be one of those strictly entertainment stunts. Africans and being so retrogressively judgemental!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Joshua Iginla 2023 Prophecies / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) / Dunamis Speaks On Burning Of Traders’ Goods Along Abuja Airport Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.