Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Recipe: How To Prepare Yummilicious Jollof Spaghetti - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe: How To Prepare Yummilicious Jollof Spaghetti (2380 Views)

How To Make Spaghetti (Delicious Jollof Spaghetti) / Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipe: How To Prepare Yummilicious Jollof Spaghetti by VastfinderBlog(m): 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4899501_20170221133515_jpeg6c2bd69b8e38ad0a13625389b80ba353

Of course, you do prepare Spaghetti capped with Spices, bur have you ever try making difference in preparation of your Spaghetti?

As you all know, this will be the first Spaghetti dish recipe I will be writing on my Blog; the first Pasta recipe. So, read this thoroughly and try to prepare special meal for families tonight.

Yummilious Jollof Spaghetti! How do you cook yours?The number one rule for me is that the spaghetti cannot be soggy. No, no no no way. Aren’t no one gat time for that. The second rule is that it must be super flavorful.

Considering the fact that pasta takes about 11 minutes to cook it doesn't have lots of time to absorb yummy goodness. This means that lots of the magic needs to happen way before the pasta goes into the sauce.

For this intense depth of flavor, we will be using my world famous roasted stew base. To get the texture just right and not clump up the paste we will be boiling it twice.

Are you ready for spaghetti jollof perfection? Lets go their!

Ingredients
Sauce

*. 2 red bell peppers, 2 large tomatoes, 1hot pepper, 1 onion and 2 garlic cloves.

Pasta
*. 3 tbsps vegetable oil
*. 2 tbsp butter
*. 1/2 medium onion – thinly sliced
*. 2 bay laves
*. I teaspoon each curry, thyme and white pepper
*. 2 maggi cubes
*. Salt – to taste
*. 700g Spaghetti (white or whole wheat)

Directions for Preparation.
Sauce

*. Roast all sauce ingredients at 425F. Chop and blend in a food processor until chunky

Note: You can skip roasting if you don’t have an oven. Simply chop and blend the peppers.

Pasta
*. Place a large pan on medium heat. Heat up cooking oil. Add in sliced onions and stir-fry until fragrant and translucent
*. Add in spices and bay leaves. Stir. Add in stew base and allow to simmer covered for 3-5 minutes. Add in maggi and salt. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Add in butter and continue to simmer on medium-low heat
*. While sauce is simmering – boil lots of water in a large pot. Add salt. Add pasta. As soon as pasta is wilted (about 4-5 minutes) take out 2 cups of pasta water and add into the simmering sauce
*. Drain the pasta of all left over liquid and add warm pasta into sauce. Stir to incorporate sauce and pasta

*. Cover and leave to simmer for 5-6 more minutes
*. Serve with Spicy Chicken or Garnished Fish. Enjoy!

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/02/recipe-how-to-prepare-yummilicious.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, dominique, tjskii, MissyB3, Sissy3, Ijebabe, ishilove, Seun

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Yummilicious Jollof Spaghetti by Acekidc4(m): 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
Where is Pinshure Op!!Are u ok at all
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Yummilicious Jollof Spaghetti by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
A Recipe To Cook Common Ordinary Simple Spaghetti angry

I don't need a recipe to do magic in the kitchen. Its part of me cool cool

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Yummilicious Jollof Spaghetti by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
op first and foremost your spa is too clumsy and wet ...no matter the taste the appearance alone is bad
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Yummilicious Jollof Spaghetti by Probz(m): 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
hardwerk:
op first and foremost your spa is too clumsy and wet ...no matter the taste the appearance alone is bad
You do realise it's all gotten from a blog and not the OP's?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know How To Make The Hausa Balewa Sweet Please? / Simple Tomato-less Stew: How To Make Stew Without Tomatoes / i have 50 bags of 50kg clean local rice for sale 21k each so rush in now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.