Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,905 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic (21098 Views)

White Teacher Who Threatened To Kneel On Students' Necks Fired In South Africa / IPPIS Yet To Take Off At UNN, Lecturers Likely To Comply / ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by SinaMike: 9:30am On Feb 22, 2017
lol
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by wanted222(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2017
THAT'S WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT, POWER GOES BACK TO THE STUDENTS.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by ssolaoye: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2017
Wish I this happened during my time at UNN. Game over for those lecturers that would not show in class until exam period cheesy
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by yfo: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2017
Can this work in naija when lecturer will knack you E so your GP will never remain the same... wink

They must make it super anonymous for it to work
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Amarabae(f): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2017
UNN- My alma mater..
#proud_lioness
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by slap1(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2017
Wonderful! Chai, how I wish it was done in ABSU when I was there... sad
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
I pity any student that dance to dis tunes.
Pity fire.if its done in private universities ,why can't we emulate them

1 Like

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by DNA9(m): 9:34am On Feb 22, 2017
Wow.. For ReaL. This is Brilliant.. Very Brilliant.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by DNA9(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2017
yfo:
Can this work in naija when lecturer will knack you E so your GP will never remain the same... wink

They must make it super anonymous for it to work

Stuffs like that are always anonymous bro.. The Board of Directorates ain't stupid to mak it open.

1 Like

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by tutorago: 9:36am On Feb 22, 2017
This is perfect, brilliant and loudable.

Tutorago is urgently seeking for experienced tutors who are passionate about impacting positively on the education of our Clients across states in Nigeria.

Send your CV to info@tutorago.com
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 22, 2017
Commendable. This is how it should be. Education is a product and the consumer's satisfaction should be a major factor.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by poppincash: 9:36am On Feb 22, 2017
cool but lecturers shouldnt just be appraises by their teaching but also the quality of their research
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Ajsmart(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2017
Brilliant idea. All the madness I've heard about Nigerian lecturers' attitude towards students is appalling to say the least.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by omenkaLives(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
I pity any student that dance to dis tunes.
They will be anonymous.

1 Like

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2017
musicwriter:
Beautiful!!.

If we are talking about development in Nigeria this is the foundation right there!!. This is the type of policy our government should actually promote and even make law for all Nigerian universities and secondary schools.

One thing I would like to add is that they should have the students vote anonymously/secret ballot to make sure lecturers don't have a way of verifying who votes what.
This system is common in most private schools so I don't the students would be witch hunt.A simple questionnaire would be very helpful

1 Like

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by omenkaLives(m): 9:39am On Feb 22, 2017
poppincash:
cool but lecturers shouldnt just be appraises by their teaching but also the quality of their research
Quality of research and quantity are already criteria. This is an additional criteria and i think it is a wonderful idea.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 22, 2017
nwabobo:
UNN lecturers will now have their performances reviewed by students as part of their appraisal process and any of them who fails the students appraisal will not be promoted.

What do you guys think?
rev Dr ozigbo at the dept of edt mgt will never get a promotion then.....
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by RexEmmyGee: 9:43am On Feb 22, 2017
ABU Implement lecturers promotion based on appraisal abeg
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 22, 2017
wont lecturers start lobbying students for appraisals? dont they have an hr department to do such appraisal?
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by brightadekunle: 9:48am On Feb 22, 2017
But they'll not be sacked for coming late to class o undecided
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Elvidence(m): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2017
at last lecturers will start sorting students... I pay u 3k for a course u in turn pay me 2k for promotion....
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Duyetare: 9:51am On Feb 22, 2017
Wonderful this way lecturers won't have the mindset of a small God.....nice one
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by AreaFada2: 9:52am On Feb 22, 2017
Standing5:
I hope the details of the appraisal doesn't get leaked to the lecturer.

It should be anonymous. Sure lecturers will know the group or groups of students who rated the. But not who rated how.

This has been normal in most serious countries for decades.
Lecturers & instructors hand out evaluation forms just before end of lecture.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Attaboy06(m): 9:54am On Feb 22, 2017
Outofsync:
They should bring this to all biochemistry and mathematics Lecturers in all federal Universities angryangry

Those guys are fucking sadists
angry
Aswaer yoy are in my shoes, our maths teacher is fucken fucken bad n fakefak grin ;De grin
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 22, 2017
Unilorin attempted this around 2011/2012 but never fully implemented it. The reviews / questionnaire had no effect on teaching quality. I hope it works in this case.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Richnero(m): 9:57am On Feb 22, 2017
Best news I've read today.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by akigbemaru: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2017
Some lecturers will never see promotions!
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by krauss: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2017
Outofsync:
They should bring this to all biochemistry and mathematics Lecturers in all federal Universities angryangry

Those guys are fucking sadists
angry
ha!ha!ha! enzymes don suffer for them hand shebi?
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Angelb4: 10:00am On Feb 22, 2017
This is a trap, students should be careful.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Researcher405: 10:02am On Feb 22, 2017
Abu is doing this already. I seriously evaluated my lecturers last year before I graduated. It's a nice thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Orders Universities To Implement ‘no Work, No Pay’ / MBA Students: Let's Meet Here / Obafemi Awolowo University Dissociates From ASUU One Week Warning Strike.(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.