Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,391 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! (3303 Views)

'Yoruba Men Are The Sweetest On Earth But They Cheat Shamelessly' - Lady Says / Igbo Woman Discusses Her Experiences Growing Up With Yoruba Men / Why Yoruba Men Should NOT Marry Igbo Women!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by BLeshea: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Okay, first off, I'm an American women. & I know my culture is in some ways very different, some ways not so much... Like dating, same thing I believe everywhere. My issue is why doesn't he want me to wear make up, leave the house without telling him where I'm going, why is he always checking my phone, and when he introduces me to his family here I always have to stay close to him?? I have to talk on the phone to his mother every time he calls her even though his mother doesn't speak English well so we say the same things. (Not that I have a problem with his mother, she is a wonderful woman) It's like he's scared I'm going to run away.. He also keeps telling me I'm a white woman, in which I'm biracial so it gets on my nerves, because here I'm considered African American, but he doesn't care. When I tell him about himself he just tries to throw in my face about all these women that want him. Then he gets mad when I tell him to call them and tell them I personally said they can all fucking have him. I guess I should be concerned about him leaving but, I could really care less, besides every time I try to leave he gets all emotional and begs me to just marry him... I don't get it!!! I love him but, I'm not the one to just beg a man to stay or not to have relations with other women.. I don't care if he does, but I tell him if I find out I will drop all his shit off wherever he is and they can deal with his controlling ass! I just don't understand why he thinks he can do whatever he wants and I'm just suppose to go to work and stay home. I can't wear makeup around others because he says I'm already pretty and he doesn't want others to get any ideas about me, whatever that means. Oh and when I wear makeup anyways he calls me a witch. Wtf is that about?? Should I stay with this man and marry him or will it only get worse? So confused.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by HungerBAD: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Work on your manners.

You can tell a lot about about a person's character/manners even from their write ups,and yours madam says it all.

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by bi0nics: 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2017

All You're saying in essence is for nairalanders romancelanders to clear your confusion abi? ? undecided
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by slimthugchimee(m): 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
undecided and soo what undecided
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2017

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ahmed0336(m): 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
Nawa o.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by BLeshea: 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yes, he keeps telling me about manners... I will try, But manners beside.. Are Yoruba men always controlling like this? Maybe it's just his personality and has nothing to do with where he's from. Idk just confused.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2017
This is hard to believe
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2017
Control freaks are not limited to ethnicity. It is a function of temperament.

If you think Yoruba men are controlling then you haven't met Urhobo men. They are control freaks!

Gosh, I just can't deal abeg. Nothing like a control freak to bring out the worse in me angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by HungerBAD: 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ishilove:

If you think Yoruba men are controlling then you haven't met Urhobo men. They are control freaks!

Gosh, I just can't deal abeg. Nothing like a control freak to bring out the worse in me angry

Hmmmm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2017
BLeshea:
Yes, he keeps telling me about manners... I will try, But manners beside.. Are Yoruba men always controlling like this? Maybe it's just his personality and has nothing to do with where he's from. Idk just confused.
It is his personality. There are really sweet Yoruba men out there, although promiscuity is deeply ingrained in their DNA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Splinz(m): 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
Oh damn it! Why the hell should he called you a witch, sure you don't look like one
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by bi0nics: 9:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ishilove:

Contradiction lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
It sounds funny. Believe me, the dude is scared you might go away someday. Pardon me, but men like this are sometimes pushed to go to the extreme and then, things go awry. He needs orientation. Then, let him believe you love him.

But, please, if he doesn't change, call things off. The relationship could turn abusive.

2 Likes

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

Hmmmm.
Yes o. Urhobo men are the ultimate control freaks. There is one I almost had a thing with but it didn't work out because he is very bossy, arrogant, always telling me 'shut up', assumes he knows everything there is to know about me, can't take what he dishes and thinks I'm naive. He refuses to see that people have different opinions about an issue, and if an opinion doesn't conform with his, he labels you 'naive and inexperienced'. Mscheeeew.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Draei: 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
You are truly an american 'women'...mtcheew!

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by BLeshea: 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
That's the thing, I am very loyal. I do not cheat. I cook, clean, make sure everything is done and everything is fine until I want to go out with friends or anywhere without him. He gets angry checks my clothes, makes me change and then calls almost the whole time I'm out. But if I call him when he's out lol it's a problem. I'm just going to start turning my phone off. I just don't think he trust me, and it's really sad that he feels that way.

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
BLeshea:
That's the thing, I am very loyal. I do not cheat. I cook, clean, make sure everything is done and everything is fine until I want to go out with friends or anywhere without him. He gets angry checks my clothes, makes me change and then calls almost the whole time I'm out. But if I call him when he's out lol it's a problem. I'm just going to start turning my phone off. I just don't think he trust me, and it's really sad that he feels that way.
You can't change such a man. He will only get worse in marriage.

Sorry dear, but you can't continue in such an unhealthy relationship

2 Likes

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by pweetixandy: 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2017
miss american, there's something we Nigerians call #YorubaDemon. that's what you've got for yourself. enjoy your Yoruba demon.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
bi0nics:

Contradiction lipsrsealed
I know, but the satisfaction no be here cheesy
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
pweetixandy:
miss american, there's something we Nigerians call #YorubaDemon. that's what you've got for yourself. enjoy your Yoruba demon.
Esigbo demon. Njokata
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by optional1(f): 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ishilove:

Yes o. Urhobo men are the ultimate control freaks. There is one I almost had a thing with but it didn't work out because he is very bossy, arrogant, always telling me 'shut up', assumes he knows everything there is to know about me, can't take what he dishes and thinks I'm naive. He refuses to see that people have different opinions about an issue, and if an opinion doesn't conform with his, he labels you 'naive and inexperienced'. Mscheeeew.

He always woke me up at night to gist (time difference), but when I tried it with him he yelled at me.

Me? Ishilove?

The last time we chatted last year, I rugged am! He was driving and he kept on yelling that I'm distracting him. Why? Because I was giving him hot grin

He even deleted his chat app because he couldn't cope with me, a woman he can't control cheesy

lolz

sorry ma imagine a guy yelling at you.. Shiit please show me that guy he needs serious slapping..

Thank God the beast is out i would have shown him cameroon pepper and india pepper to choose from...

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by EmperorLee(m): 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ishilove:

sad Why you dey spoil we market
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by BLeshea: 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
He's never put his hands on me, and I know he loves me, I just don't know what I can do to get him to trust me. It's driving me crazy to not be able to do all the things I did before. I'm in no way the type that just goes out and meets up with men. He is absolutely amazing and makes me very happy, it's just when I try to get space away from him. Or try to get out of the house. I have all brothers, if he ever did get abusive I can handle myself. Not worried about that.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by wizrose(m): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
now I remember simi ft Drake... controller ...

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by EmperorLee(m): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
BLeshea:

Honestly, I didn't read your story buh all i can say is that you should dumb his sorry ass.

And Marry me sad
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by optional1(f): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
BLeshea:

aunty mi sorry but are you dating a boi or you dating an onions??
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
optional1:

lolz

sorry ma imagine a guy yelling at you.. Shiit please show me that guy he needs serious slapping..

Thank God the beast is out i would have shown him cameroon pepper and india pepper to choose from...
My dear Optional, see me see wahala o. He doesn't know me that's why he thinks he can talk to me anyhow. Dem never born the man wey go physically or verbally abuse me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
EmperorLee:

sad Why you dey spoil we market
Sowee embarassed
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by optional1(f): 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
BLeshea:
He's never put his hands on me, and I know he loves me, I just don't know what I can do to get him to trust me. It's driving me crazy to not be able to do all the things I did before. I'm in no way the type that just goes out and meets up with men. He is absolutely amazing and makes me very happy, it's just when I try to get space away from him. Or try to get out of the house. I have all brothers, if he ever did get abusive I can handle myself. Not worried about that.

so you waiting for him to turn abusive right before you run

weldon
siddon there dey look me..
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by BLeshea: 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2017
EmpereLee cool lol sorry taken by the controll freak wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Ways To Get Pregnant Fast / Why Should I Pay For Nigerian Men's Peniss ? / Praying Before Engaging In Sexual Intercourse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.