Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Atheism Taken To The Extreme - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Taken To The Extreme (1136 Views)

Atheist, Maobi Carl Freed After His Abduction & Being Taken To Psychiatric Home / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / The Extreme Grace Error! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Ebiezprada(m): 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
Dear Atheists, as much as you think you have a right not to believe in the existence of God (or a god) so do I also have the right to believe in the existence of God.
If you tell me that God doesn't exist, well...If I'm in a good mood I'll try to put up a little argument with proof to tell you that God exists and if I'm in a bad mood, I'll probably just walk away. But, you coming to tell me how foolish or how wrong it is of me to believe in God...That could be the source of a serious problem.
Basically, we don't exactly need religion to make the world a better place. If everyone loved their neighbors as themselves and showed kindness all the time even to strangers then the world would be much better than we can imagine.
Even as a Christian, I don't agree with every preacher and sometimes I keep religion aside when trying to solve some of life's challenges.
If you have a problem with any Christian or whosoever, face them squarely and address the issues as they come. Stop this abuse of people's religion and stop your generalising thing because it makes them actually feel bad and unhappy.
Being an ATHEIST doesn't make you better than others but practicing love and kindness can keep you high above even your supposed equals.
I believe a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Horlufemi(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2017
Death to all Atheists. Death to all Religions
Only Christ is the way

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by onetrack(m): 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
I agree with a lot of what you wrote, and I do not question your right to believe in the god of your choice. However you should be aware of the centuries-long persecution of non-believers at the hands of believers, and even the insults directed at us on this site.

For my part I will continue to question and criticise religion; that is one thing I will not stop doing. However insults directed against other users of this site are inappropriate wherever they come from.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by shurinz(m): 9:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
A foolish man thinket in his heart that there's no God.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by obinna58(m): 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
shurinz:
And a wise man thinket in his heart that their is a hidden god in the sky

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
obinna58:

And a wise man thinket in his heart that their is a hidden god in the sky
Can you kindly explain sky

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by obinna58(m): 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Can you kindly explain sky
Wondering if this question is really meant to be asked

Sky=heaven (religious mentality)
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by CriticMaestro: 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
obinna58:

ehn explain it now
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
obinna58:

by the usage of your word sky, do you mean the physical as in clouds above, that's what I meant,

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by obinna58(m): 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
ehn explain it now
Have given u enough explanation, are u a kid?
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by obinna58(m): 10:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
by the usage of your word sky, do you mean the physical as in clouds above, that's what I meant,
Sure that's where heaven is located
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by CriticMaestro: 10:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
obinna58:

Have given u enough explanation, are u a kid?
hahah u no even get shame, just run bouy
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
obinna58:

Sure that's where heaven is located
The Christian sky is not a place where physical eyes can see, if you go above the clouds there will still be visibility or darkness, the sky is more of an attainment, try to image sinners as waters of the earth. the word of God as fire, what happens when water passes through fire.
Kindly answer.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by obinna58(m): 10:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

The Christian sky is not a place where physical eyes can see, if you go above the clouds there will still be visibility or darkness, the sky is more of an attainment, try to image sinners as waters of the earth. the word of God as fire, what happens when water passes through fire.
Kindly answer.
grin
Confused set of people how about tower of babel, they trying to meet up with god in the sky which got god angry and he slashes the building and confused them with language

Physical eyes indeed, always come up with reason

4 Likes

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
obinna58:

grin
Confused set of people how about tower of babel, they trying to meet up with god in the sky which got god angry and he slashes the building and confused them with language

cheesy cheesy
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
obinna58:

grin

Don't take everything literally

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Don't take everything literally
Only a religious person will reply this way

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
adepeter26:

Only a religious person will reply this way
The Bible uses different forms of speech to drive home points, the environment which such scenario plays out determines the type of speech used, which technology, did they people of those as have before intending to build a structure which will get to the sky.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Edenoscar(m): 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

The Bible uses different forms of speech to drive home points, the environment which such scenario plays out determines the type of speech used, which technology, did they people of those as have before intending to build a structure which will get to the sky.

ok. Do you have any explaination as to why God was scared when he knew it was impossible for them to build a tower to reach the sky

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
Edenoscar:

ok. Do you have any explaination as to why God was scared when he knew it was impossible for them to build a tower to reach the sky
And where was it said that God was scared

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Edenoscar(m): 12:00am On Feb 22, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
And where was it said that God was scared
ok, he panicked
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:04am On Feb 22, 2017
Edenoscar:

ok, he panicked
Kindly reference such
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by honourhim: 6:35am On Feb 22, 2017
Ebiezprada:
Dear Atheists, as much as you think you have a right not to believe in the existence of God (or a god) so do I also have the right to believe in the existence of God.
If you tell me that God doesn't exist, well...If I'm in a good mood I'll try to put up a little argument with proof to tell you that God exists and if I'm in a bad mood, I'll probably just walk away. But, you coming to tell me how foolish or how wrong it is of me to believe in God...That could be the source of a serious problem.
Basically, we don't exactly need religion to make the world a better place. If everyone loved their neighbors as themselves and showed kindness all the time even to strangers then the world would be much better than we can imagine.
Even as a Christian, I don't agree with every preacher and sometimes I keep religion aside when trying to solve some of life's challenges.
If you have a problem with any Christian or whosoever, face them squarely and address the issues as they come. Stop this abuse of people's religion and stop your generalising thing because it makes them actually feel bad and unhappy.
Being an ATHEIST doesn't make you better than others but practicing love and kindness can keep you high above even your supposed equals.

You have time to waste writing to idiots whose opinion dont or shouldnt count in your life.
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by frank317: 6:42am On Feb 22, 2017
Ebiezprada:

What exactly is the problem and what do u want? Have many atheists been stopping u recently to preach atheism to u and are they telling u that u are foolish for believing in God?
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by frank317: 6:50am On Feb 22, 2017
honourhim:

You have time to waste writing to idiots whose opinion dont or shouldnt count in your life.

shurinz:

@op
Read these comments by theists and read replies by atheists... I wish u can be open minded to see that ur op is just a misunderstanding.
You want atheists to be attacked by theists, u want them to tell us we are worthless and we will go to hell. U want them to call us fools but when we fight back, you open thread and ask us not to tell u ur God is inexistent.
Brace urself bro, u guys will get what u ask for in thousand folds. You like feeling percecuted, u like crying like kids when u look for trouble... U will get what u want.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by akintom(m): 8:56am On Feb 22, 2017
shurinz:
OP,

This is the case in instance of religious idiocy, that attract proper thrashing of religitards and christards.
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Ebiezprada(m): 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2017
onetrack:
I agree with a lot of what you wrote, and I do not question your right to believe in the god of your choice. However you should be aware of the centuries-long persecution of non-believers at the hands of believers, and even the insults directed at us on this site.

For my part I will continue to question and criticise religion; that is one thing I will not stop doing. However insults directed against other users of this site are inappropriate wherever they come from.
Do you best to be at peace with all men
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Ebiezprada(m): 11:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
honourhim:

Truth is........I believe that everybody on earth has a chance of making life better and that can only be achieved by doing things the right way.
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Ebiezprada(m): 11:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
frank317:

@op
Read these comments by theists and read replies by atheists... I wish u can be open minded to see that ur op is just a misunderstanding.
You want atheists to be attacked by theists, u want them to tell us we are worthless and we will go to hell. U want them to call us fools but when we fight back, you open thread and ask us not to tell u ur God is inexistent.
Brace urself bro, u guys will get what u ask for in thousand folds. You like feeling percecuted, u like crying like kids when u look for trouble... U will get what u want.
You should read the post again
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by Ebiezprada(m): 11:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
frank317:

What exactly is the problem and what do u want? Have many atheists been stopping u recently to preach atheism to u and are they telling u that u are foolish for believing in God?
Stopping me to preach atheism to me would really be a beauty because I don't allow religion create an obstacle for me.
The problem is.....in trying to show how superior they think atheism is, they don't have to abuse my right to a belief system.
Re: Atheism Taken To The Extreme by frank317: 7:20am On Feb 23, 2017
Ebiezprada:

Stopping me to preach atheism to me would really be a beauty because I don't allow religion create an obstacle for me.
The problem is.....in trying to show how superior they think atheism is, they don't have to abuse my right to a belief system.

How did atheists abuse ur right?

Why are u Turning blind eye to the abuses, threats and discrimination theists give to atheists every now and then, even in this thread?

Oga, atheists are just sharing their opinion just the way u think Christians are free to share theirs.

However abuses arises when arguments go badly. Theists abuse to, as u can see in the posts I quoted. The thread is biased.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pray For Me If You Believe In Miracle / Ope Segigi Ifa Olokun Asoro Dayo / What Frequent Inhaling Of Incense Smoke Does To Priests & Mass Servers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.