Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,928 members, 7,799,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians (25034 Views)

"Stop Calling Osinbajo VP, Buhari Is The VP" - Reno Omokri Rants / It Is Wrong To Call Nigeria ‘naija’ - NOA / Stop calling Nigeria ‘Naija’, NOA appeals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by thesicilian: 11:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
Lol.
Kolewerk o
Naija 4 life !!!
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
Who cares wat whoever calls diz cesspit? Redundant illiterates giving advice as if they have anything positive 2 offer d country or its citizens. I dey "naija" Mr. NOA! So if u can't send me dss then go hang urslflipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by OreMI22: 11:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
Nigerians to FG: stop looting our commonwealth through "grass cutting" phony contracts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by CriticMaestro: 11:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
PMBNG:

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2017/02/fg-nigerians-nigeria-naija/
op u dey mad abI? na my naija u wan change im name? kai pa

2 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Temptee101(m): 12:14am On Feb 22, 2017
tellwisdom:
what is ur waist size?
AHAHAHAH....Badt boi
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by fx45(m): 2:09am On Feb 22, 2017
JackBaueress1:
Nonsense!!

Is this an attempt to make Nigerians not to demand for the state of health of PMB?

Na lie o!
Na waa... CHANJI really disappointed you big time. I'm simply imagining your daily battle with guilty conscience. It must definitely be a tough time out there. My heartfelt sympathies my sister. It is well...

3 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by OlusegunAJ(m): 5:36am On Feb 22, 2017
Misplaced Priorities.
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by sosy25: 5:41am On Feb 22, 2017
I would stop calling Nigeria Naija when the following occur;

1. Our politicians stop stealing government funds
2. All Nigerians enjoy electricity of at least 15 hours everyday
3. All Nigerian refineries start working at full capacity and we stop importing refined petroleum products
4. The naira appreciates and $1 = 150 naira
5. This country is restructured and is truly Federal with every part of Nigeria developing at its own pace, controlling their resources and not depending on Abuja for handout every month

2 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by midol: 5:41am On Feb 22, 2017
We all remember how we yoruba AC-sponsored tinubu journalists slammed Prof Dora Akunyili for saying the same thing as Information minister because she is Iboe.

Now that a fulani has said the same we shall agree with him. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by darknetcom: 5:43am On Feb 22, 2017
we the people deceide what we want to be called...

the igbos dont like the word nigeria...

many of them hate it...
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by TPAND(f): 6:06am On Feb 22, 2017
We will be calling 9ja then. Olodo man. Na trivial issue be wetin you dey address

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by musicwriter(m): 8:05am On Feb 22, 2017
azimibraun:
Dora tried but instead got people calling Naija the more... It's a bit too late. Naija has sunk deep. It's now the pidgin version of Nigeria and pidgin is official in Nigeria. Scrap pidgin, Naija goes with it. But we all know it's not possible. Deal with it, live with it. Pidgin lexicon things..

Thank you!.

Nigeria is actually a slave name given to us by European slave traders. What the foolish government official don't know is that many African countries already changed their slave names and adopted a new name of their own choice.

Gold Coast was changed to Ghana.
Grain Coast to Liberia.
Upper Volta to Burkina Faso.
Southern Rhodesia to Zimbabwe
Northern Rhodesia to Zambia.
Spanish Guinea to Equatorial Guinea.
Zanziba to Tanzania.
Urundi to Burundi.
Spanish West Africa to Morocco and Western Sahara.
Nyasaland to Malawi.
German South West Africa to Namibia.
Dahomey to Benin Republic.
Kenya Colony to Kenya.
Cape Colony/Batavian Republic to South Africa.
Bechuanaland to Botswana.
Belgian Congo to Democratic Republic of Congo.

Niger-area (Nigeria) is a name used by the British to describe the geographical zone along the river Niger where the British got palm oil, cotton, cocoa, groundnut. Nigeria is a slave name!!!.

Nigerian elites and the so called educated people in this country are the dumbest people on earth!!. The only reason they don't like NAIJA is because it was created by Nigerians in Nigeria. Inferiority complex have them believe Naija is inferior and shouldn't be used. Isn't it a good thing we're trying to change the name the slave masters gave us??

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by EmmySparky(m): 8:10am On Feb 22, 2017
Nigerians to Fg...make our naira equal to the u.s dollar
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by millik(f): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2017
blame etisalat Ng.. I think when they introduced 080 9ja, that's when the name became more popular
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Gemc3(f): 9:15am On Feb 22, 2017
Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija

There. . . Sue me!!

4 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by WorldRichest: 9:15am On Feb 22, 2017
When Americans, Europeans and Arabs start queuing up in hot sun at Naija embassies in their different countries to beg for Najia visa, then Naija shall become the Nigeria of Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Tafawa Balewa's dream. Until then, Naija is 9ja.
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Parkac(m): 9:15am On Feb 22, 2017
Rubbish. Calling the United States of America (USA) - US didn't make them less of a developed country.

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by WINNERMENTALITY: 9:16am On Feb 22, 2017
Call it nigger area instead

2 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Dyt(f): 9:16am On Feb 22, 2017
Nijeria nko

2 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by seenter84: 9:17am On Feb 22, 2017
Make d official name Na naija Jor.
Nigeria as an entity Don cast

3 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by frugal(m): 9:17am On Feb 22, 2017
This government focuses on irrelevant things. America has different nicknames. And guess what - nobody cares.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by zealz4u(m): 9:17am On Feb 22, 2017
Is dat d reason why PMB run to London, is dat d reason y the country is backward. Is dat d reason why our politicians keeps getting richer while d people dat voted them there keeps getting poorer and dying of hunger. Is dat y we can't have constant power supply unlike other countries in Africa. Is dat d reason y our naira keeps falling like ripped fruits. Sometimes I wsih is easy to relocate to any other country of my choice.

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by AreaFada2: 9:17am On Feb 22, 2017
Is it calling it 9ja that sent Bubu to UK for ordinary check up?

These people are really silly.

What exactly is original about Nigger Area that Nigeria is coined from? shocked shocked

In fact anything that takes the name further away from Nigger is a blessing.

Something our "heroes" of independence did not know better to change like Nkrumah changed Gold Coast to Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by megareal: 9:17am On Feb 22, 2017
Abeg, Nigeria na Naija, Naija na Nigeria. Kini big deal? undecided
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by fufuNegusi(m): 9:18am On Feb 22, 2017
Kyase:
That one no go work ooooo.
But I can't remember the last time I used naija instead of Nigeria sha.
Sha Mama DORA Akunyili been talk am sha but e no work.
Up naija joor

Ehn sir.... you just did now
check the emboldened 10:07 AM 22nd Feb 2017 by text grin grin
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by AmaechiLinus(m): 9:18am On Feb 22, 2017
Abeg make i hear word

No be that one make us enter Recession
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by zynzyn(m): 9:19am On Feb 22, 2017
I won't use NAIJA in an official document!!

NOA should get it's priorities right! angry

The use of Naija shows an identification with our unique National Identity.

Please focus on orienting against corruption and tribalism plus building leadership values and stop destroying what is already working! angry

2 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by AdonaiRoofing(m): 9:19am On Feb 22, 2017
Is that responsible for the failing economy?

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by femi4: 9:19am On Feb 22, 2017
Omo naija

Alefeyin si pepsi
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by cloudyskygrind(m): 9:19am On Feb 22, 2017
Naija and originality in one sentence shocked shocked
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by officialJP(m): 9:20am On Feb 22, 2017
whether Nigerian or naija all we need is a better nation not the name mtcheeeee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Timeline Of Events That Led To The Current Shiites Revolution (2007-2019) / Atiku, Saraki React To Twitter Restoration In Nigeria / Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.