Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" (5922 Views)

PAN Nigeria Canvasses Intervention Funding For The Automobile Industry / See The 10 Most Ridiculously Expensive Cars In The Automobile Market / Fixing The Madness In Nigeria's Auto Repair Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by mayor2013: 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2017
My fellow colleagues in this business your comments are needed. Also fellow car users that are conversant with sourcing parts themselves what's your view?
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by peterjero(m): 11:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
I agree hook, line and sinker with you, imagine you send vin number to a supplier he send another model to you and still quarrel with you that it would work. Yes they work, but for how long, that's why cars don't last in nigeria, even some of our big names on NL here will tell you they won't touch some cars because they are bad and travel to Europe you see these same cars been cared for by the owners themselves not even with mechanic assistance, it makes me wonder if we are humans at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by siraj1402(m): 6:51am On Feb 22, 2017
Nice one.
Today is my day.

22 Likes

Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by ayusco85(m): 6:51am On Feb 22, 2017
Here to read comments.
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by dfrost: 6:51am On Feb 22, 2017
cheesy very funny, but source the parts yourself to avoid headache if you own a vehicle.

3 Likes

Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by seunlayi(m): 6:52am On Feb 22, 2017
Who else is here to learn?

1 Like

Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by BLACKbullet: 6:53am On Feb 22, 2017
G
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by tillaman(m): 7:00am On Feb 22, 2017
Here to learn
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by Olucheye(m): 7:02am On Feb 22, 2017
dfrost:
cheesy very funny, but source the parts yourself to avoid headache if you own a vehicle.
How do you differentiate between an original part from a many fake ones out there?
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04am On Feb 22, 2017
you have part numbers, vin, engine number, and a choice between toks, new (chinko) and New Oem. It's more of a choice of what to buy. If mechanics paid more attention to detail, they would run into less problems.

I even have a problem with a part supplier on this thread grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3640131/experience-aquiring-updating-ecu-using

1 Like

Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by sakalisis(m): 7:09am On Feb 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by lonelydora: 7:12am On Feb 22, 2017
Luvinhubby, where are thou art?
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by mayor2013: 7:13am On Feb 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
you have part numbers, vin, engine number, and a choice between toks, new (chinko) and New Oem. It's more of a choice of what to buy. If mechanics paid more attention to detail, they would run into less problems.

How many of the part sellers knows this especially the ones that are in the toks line. All they know is "oga your own na 3pin, e curve for body". Gives me headache grin all the energy one is meant to channel into work is being used to talk too much

1 Like

Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16am On Feb 22, 2017
mayor2013:

How many of the part sellers knows this especially the ones that are in the toks line. All they know is "oga your own na 3pin, e curve for body". Gives me headache grin all the energy one is meant to channel into work is being used to talk too much

But you the mechanic should know better, that's what differentiates the shade tree from the learned.

You can run a compatibility check
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by mayor2013: 7:17am On Feb 22, 2017
Sometimes a job meant to take barely 1hr would end up taking 3-4hrs. While giving the customer the time frame for the job.In the end when the part supplier comes with the part "holy mary".he brimgs the wrong one angrycheesy. Its so annoying
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by kenyguy(m): 7:21am On Feb 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I even have a problem with a part supplier on this thread grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3640131/experience-aquiring-updating-ecu-using
Pay attention to the details and mechanics should also care about the car owner and not just his own interests. As a parts suppliers with years of experience can tell you that sometimes the mechanics prefer the cheaper one because of what they will gain. We have heard this many times "this man don't like to pay for workmanship so bring the cheaper one since it will last for at least one month"
Thank You!!!

1 Like

Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by mayor2013: 7:22am On Feb 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

But you the mechanic should know better, that's what differentiates the shade tree from the learned.

You can run a compatibility check

Sure. There are parts that are difficult accessing some times. In some cases you eventually pull off part and a non working part is brought and you fix and it doesn't work. Its killing
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by kenyguy(m): 7:29am On Feb 22, 2017
mayor2013:
Sometimes a job meant to take barely 1hr would end up taking 3-4hrs. While giving the customer the time frame for the job.In the end when the part supplier comes with the part "holy mary".he brimgs the wrong one angrycheesy. Its so annoying
You want to avoid this? Quote the car model very well.
Just this last Friday a customer called and enquired for rear hub for toyota corolla 2009 model but when we got there with the parts the car we saw is 2012 corolla.
Another way to avoid this is loose the part snap it and send to your suppliers via WhatSapp or other medium, that way he will know exactly what you need. We supply to people outside our state of residence and we never have any issue with them because we also snap and send the pictures before payments are made.
Thank You!!!
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33am On Feb 22, 2017
kenyguy:

Pay attention to the details and mechanics should also care about the car owner and not just his own interests. As a parts suppliers with years of experience can tell you that sometimes the mechanics prefer the cheaper one because of what they will gain. We have heard this many times "this man don't like to pay for workmanship so bring the cheaper one since it will last for at least one month"
Thank You!!!

the highlighted will apply to under shade tree situations, where the labour charge is not indicated on an invoice before commencement of the job.
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by mayor2013: 7:40am On Feb 22, 2017
kenyguy:

You want to avoid this? Quote the car model very well.
Just this last Friday a customer called and enquired for rear hub for toyota corolla 2009 model but when we got there with the parts the car we saw is 2012 corolla.
Another way to avoid this is loose the part snap it and send to your suppliers via WhatSapp or other medium, that way he will know exactly what you need. We supply to people outside our state of residence and we never have any issue with them because we also snap and send the pictures before payments are made.
Thank You!!!

The what's app platform helps but not in all cases
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by xtgozie(m): 7:42am On Feb 22, 2017
Olucheye:

How do you differentiate between an original part from a many fake ones out there?

This is only possible if you are in the system, trust me!
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by phoexix: 7:51am On Feb 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

the highlighted will apply to under shade tree situations, where the labour charge is not indicated on an invoice before commencement of the job.

Very true here because no documentation or proper agreement before commencement of work.
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by pricipal2003(m): 8:02am On Feb 22, 2017
siraj1402:
Nice one.
Today is my day.
Happy birthday to you. Wishing u God's favour, protection, divine health, long life and prosperity.

1 Like

Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by luvinhubby(m): 8:16am On Feb 22, 2017
lonelydora:
Luvinhubby, where are thou art?

Reporting sir. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by Crixie(m): 8:29am On Feb 22, 2017
Olucheye:

Visit the thread on my signature grin
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by artade: 8:41am On Feb 22, 2017
Olucheye:

If you don't belong, you can only tell after many years of "buy-by-error".
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by Crixie(m): 8:49am On Feb 22, 2017
artade:

If you don't belong, you can only tell after many years of "buy-by-error".
I beg to disagree Sir,you don't have to be an "insider" to differentiate between original auto parts and "that kind" auto parts.The difference is as clear as night and day...If you really wanna see it,you will.
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by frugal(m): 8:54am On Feb 22, 2017
I almost launched a startup in this space years back, but there were just too many challenges I just wasn't ready for. The opportunities are too enormous if you're up for it.

The market is ready for disruption.
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by Piyke: 2:01pm On Feb 22, 2017
Oga Mayor2013 I see you.

At topic, this is very frustrating. I don't even bother anymore I just loose the old part and jet off to market. While there some sellers will even get angry when they bring slightly different parts and I disagree to close the deal.

One even told me 1 day "Oga we no dey use number (i.e. part number) buy plug (spark plug). I don give u plug for ur motor u still dey complain"

Sometimes u get the honest ones though
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by mayor2013: 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
Piyke:
Oga Mayor2013 I see you.

At topic, this is very frustrating. I don't even bother anymore I just loose the old part and jet off to market. While there some sellers will even get angry when they bring slightly different parts and I disagree to close the deal.

One even told me 1 day "Oga we no dey use number (i.e. part number) buy plug (spark plug). I don give u plug for ur motor u still dey complain"

Sometimes u get the honest ones though

grin
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by dfrost: 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2017
Olucheye:

I use two methods:

1. Always go with an agreement for the seller to sign off. If anything happens, he will be held liable. Works most times for me

2. Sample lots of shops before making a final buy. You will surely deduce the near truthful one.

PS: like someone suggested, go with the parts to be changed.
Re: Part Suppliers : "The Greatest Night Mare In The Automobile Repair Industry" by artade: 12:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
Crixie:

I beg to disagree Sir,you don't have to be an "insider" to differentiate between original auto parts and "that kind" auto parts.The difference is as clear as night and day...If you really wanna see it,you will.

When you place them side-by-side, you can tell the difference. But what happens when you are only presented with the fake and you're not experienced?

(1) (Reply)

Best Oil To Use On Rav4 / Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria / Is The Nigerian Police Still Issuing ECMR For New Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.