Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Your 1 Naira Can Save Dying Lives... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Your 1 Naira Can Save Dying Lives... (655 Views)

Woman Lives With Her Intestines Hanging Outside After Surviving A Shooting In US / Save Dying Unilorin Accident Victim / How To Avoid A Gas Explosion: 5 Tips That Can Save Your Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your 1 Naira Can Save Dying Lives... by OneNaira4Alife: 11:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
My name is Ade.

I am always in deep pain whenever I see people who need urgent medical attention appear on T.V seeking for financial assistance for surgical operations knowing fully well I can't help out by just footing the bill.

I was watching AIT some days ago and saw a young boy in pains, on the sick bed pleading that he needs 35million naira for surgery to have his spinal cord function well again...
'How I wished I have the money' was what I kept muttering...

My muttering can not help ds innocent boy who was pushed in school to get back on his feet,how can I help him and hundreds of voiceless kids in our teaching hospitals in Innocent pains...

An idea stroke my mind some moments after...
This boy needs 35million
We are about 160million in Nigeria
If 35million of us give him just 1naira today... He will be back on his feet

Eureka! I can easily give him 1naira,
My 1naira staying useless in my account can actually bring joy into this boy's life it other well meaning Nigerian could do the same

Furthermore,there are hundreds of innocent kids out there suffering in silent pains in the helpless hands of their parents... Why? No Money!

We can help them everyday by volunteering to give them just 1naira everyday.

How will this be done?
*If the CSR department of banks in Nigeria can have a special account for these kids...
* All the 1naira from volunteers is transferred into this account.
*Within days we should be able to raise enough money for kids with urgent need for surgical operations
*Once the needed amount for the surgery is gotten,the money is transferred to the well verified account of the child recommended by a well respected teaching or general hospital doctor...
* The money will be monitored and there will be platforms to showcase levels of development to all donors .

From my little research I found out this feat can be achieved.
According to an 2014 online statistics,there are about 70.18million bank accounts in Nigeria.
The CBN also stated that as at Oct 15,2015 that 20,833,635 bank customers enrolled over 40million bank accounts.
,.....................(I uploaded the screenshots)

If these figures are to be used as a yardstick,
If half of any of the above figure volunteer to give these helpless kids 1naira daily,it will go a long way in restoring dying kids' lives in Nigeria.

Dear Nairalanders,I am still in the thinking stage, I need more clues and ways to make this feat a success and possible,so that our kids will not die in silent pains....

I need your moral support...
Pls let's talk about how we can save these kids and young one's lives....
Thank You.

Re: Your 1 Naira Can Save Dying Lives... by dadd2(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2017
Dear Ade,
I feel your pain and share the same passion with you. Concerning the guy you talked about, I have spoken with his father and he told me how his son was bullied at school that resulted in the spinal cord injury, The school meagre assistance and other challenges they are facing to take care of the boy.
The family actually need twenty five million (25m) only not 35m as you posted I guess it is a mistake. The sum is to enable them take him to Israel for surgery. I think we can use various social media to raise funds for this guy that is dying on his sick bed instead of the bank option that you canvassed. If one million of us can contribute just twenty five naira that is a cool 25m. That is why I canvass the use of social media. Let us start this project on NL. The boy name is Thaddeus Nwaogu. For those that want to support this project, his zenith bank account number is 2050783441 and phone number is 08036783263. Please share this message on facebook, whatsapp etc.
I pray that this post is moved to the front page.
Oga seun please don't ban me for posting this, I am only being a brother's keeper.if this project work out, I promise to do more.
Thanks and God bless everyone that would partake in this project.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Your 1 Naira Can Save Dying Lives... by OneNaira4Alife: 1:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
Thanks dadd2.
What do you think shd be the first step of action?
Shd I create a group on Telegram,Whatsapp?

Telegram accommodates more than Whatsapp.
We can post the link to all our friends on fb,instagram,twitter,imo etc
Re: Your 1 Naira Can Save Dying Lives... by pbukli: 1:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
Re: Your 1 Naira Can Save Dying Lives... by dadd2(m): 2:24am On Feb 27, 2017
Dear Ade,
You can create a link but I prefer you post it on NL so that our intention is not misinterpreted.
Moreover, we have about 1.8million registered members and guests of NL which I believe is a good platform to reach many people, if 1million of the members can accedes to our clarion call of contributing a paltry sum of #25 then we can raise the 25m easily or what other easy means do you think we should use to reach out to people?
I still want to plead with the moderator to move this topic to the front page, we are tired of snakes and fake celebrities stories.

1 Like

Re: Your 1 Naira Can Save Dying Lives... by dadd2(m): 9:25am On Mar 08, 2017
So surprised this story is yet to hit the front page. The moderator should please move this story immediately to the front page.
I also enjoined Naira Landers to support this project. Please let us be our brothers keeper.
God bless you all as you response to this clarion call. Shalom.

(1) (Reply)

My Feet Swell Occasionally- Doctors In The House Help Me / Solution To Depression And Anxiety / Best And Safest Cream For Boobs Enlargement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.