Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,711 members, 7,802,157 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (31924 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2010
1stknight:

Only in Lagos dat a madman wil kom 2 d window of your car/bus and slap u.
U don chop one before?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by 190: 11:59pm On Feb 01, 2010
Gawd
ive developed a headache

I Thank God i dont know lagos too well

i guess i wouldnt have been able to survive there~

Im happy where i am~
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by sssob: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2010
only in lagos will u see fyne gurl trying to prove their identity by copying each others fashion,

example same hair style,

same way of styling their cloth ,

can u imagine , lagos is the copy capital of the world/
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bgees(m): 2:21am On Feb 08, 2010
na who don enter danfo with mad person before? grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2010
ROTFLMAO on the Ba Mukaila expert on National grid and 'if you stole my maize' notice grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by MPEROR: 11:36pm On Mar 21, 2010
The place is nice but scary
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by 1stknight(m): 12:17am On Mar 24, 2010
Jarus:

U don chop one before?
yeah in a car @ badagry xpress road opp festac town
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Remdan: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2010
This thread is so funny, i cant help but laugh in the office and people are beginning to wonder what the problem is,
I boarded a bike from Ikeja to Opebi for 70 naira and on getting to opebi i gave the bike man 100 naira, he said there was no change that he was going to ask the mallam selling besides us and he just ran away, An old man for that matter.

Only in Lagos will you board a bus going somewhere and the driver will just change his mind that he is not going again. what will you do?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ndipe(m): 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2010
Lagos is full of drama.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ayettymama(f): 12:55am On Mar 27, 2010
this thread is exceptionally and extremely funny!!!!!

best on nl!!!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ndipe(m): 2:15am On Mar 27, 2010
wunmexoni:

this happen about six years ago.
in the early hours of a working day around seven o'clock one danfo with passengers suddenly developed fault .
passengers come down and started asking for thier money, 
u wount believe that the conducted because he didnt want to return thier money he removed he clothes .
his unclothedness scared people away and they gave up the money,

IMAGINE,

Speechless!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by sssob: 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2010
forget it , one just happen to me in lagos , i boarded a bus in mushin thinking i borded a correct bus until the driver turned and to my suprise had ONE EYE FUNCTIONING, [color=#006600][/color]and looking around i also found empty sachet of gin, and he was a manaic on the wheels,

believe me i started chanting, THE LORD IS MY SHEPHARD, I SHALL NOT WANT,
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 10:41pm On Mar 27, 2010
^^^^^That one sef small. You don see okada man wey carry person for road full of potholes and he dey talk to a girl on mobile phone?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy
denzel2009:

^^^^^That one sef small. You don see okada man wey carry person for road full of potholes and he dey talk to a girl on mobile phone?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 9:38am On Apr 02, 2010
have you ever seen an okada man carrying a live cow on his bike?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2010
[size=13pt]common , man that cant be possible. . . .though , i have never seen one. cheesy cheesy wink[/size]
honeric01:

have you ever seen an okada man carrying a live cow on his bike?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 5:28pm On Apr 02, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]common , man that cant be possible. . . .though , i have never seen one. cheesy cheesy wink[/size]

Well i have seen it before, men it was so funny, the okada kept producing thick smoke and people were just laughing.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by dominique(f): 11:32pm On Apr 03, 2010
^^^ i've seen live ram on bike but cows shocked shocked tongue
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:01pm On Apr 04, 2010
[size=13pt]but cow is too big to carry on bike. . . . . shocked shocked[/size]
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2010
dominique:

^^^ i've seen live ram on bike but cows shocked shocked tongue

yes a cow, what you should have asked is "is it a baby cow and a grown cow?" grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2010
[size=13pt]even baby cow is still bigger than sheep. . . .common , this is so strange man , tell us you're only kidding. smiley[/size]
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2010
Bro, you better believe it, i ain't joking.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2010
[size=13pt]mmm. . . . .that's too hard to believe friend . OK! maybe you should convince me it was done by magic. smiley [/size]
honeric01:

Bro, you better believe it, i ain't joking.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]mmm. . . . .that's too hard to believe friend . OK! maybe you should convince me it was done by magic. smiley [/size]

if you ever grew up in Lagos, then you should know that anything can happen in Lagos, haven't you seen a bike carrying 7 passengers including the rider? undecided
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2010
[size=13pt]OK! man i didn't grow up in lagos and i have never stay there all my life. . . .I believe bike can carry 7 people including the rider but carrying a big and full cow on bike is almost unbelievable if not seen once.

Alright. . . post photo please. smiley
[/size]
honeric01:

if you ever grew up in Lagos, then you should know that anything can happen in Lagos, haven't you seen a bike carrying 7 passengers including the rider? undecided
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

Alright. . . post photo please. smiley[/font][/size]

Post picture? where do you want me to get that from? it was a sudden incident in the days of Tinubu, 2001, no camera phone like it is now. cheesy
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by indie22(f): 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2010
Only in lagos can a thief be caught beaten blue and black, dat he has no strength to even walk, handed over to a police officer to take him to the station and book him. Only for pple to get to the station the next day, to be told that the theif bolted and ran away on the way to the station, Lagos na wa!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2010
indie22:

Only in lagos can a thief be caught beaten blue and black, dat he has no strength to even walk, handed over to a police officer to take him to the station and book him. Only for pple to get to the station the next day, to be told that the theif bolted and ran away on the way to the station, Lagos na wa!

where in Lagos did that happen? most thieves or let me use "alleged thieves" caught in Lagos by mobs are usually killed and any that makes it to the station stays there compared to the ones caught by the police themselves.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by indie22(f): 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2010
Says who? This incident happened in sururlere, on d street I grew up. It wasn't even late at night, twas about 7.30p.m, my neighbour came home from work and kept horning for his brothers to open d gate (he had a large family) when no one answered, he tried their mobile phones and they were all off, he got suspicious at that point coz there was light in d house and d gate was locked. He then alerted the neighbours. They decided to jst wait and watch, but they had a group of boys jst hang around the house like they were just gisting, it was opposite my house and I had a clear view from my balcony. Next thing this guy opens the gate, hands in his pocket and just strolls out of the compound, as he's coming out, someone shouts "ole ole emu ole"!!, the next thing I know is that there's wahala everywhere. Heard later the other 2 scaled the back fence and got away. He was beaten, dealt with and handed to the police by the street members, obviously non of the landlords wanted blood on their hands.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:02am On Jun 08, 2010
[size=13pt]wowwwww im enjoying this cow story. . . grin grin wink[/size]
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by oweniwe(m): 3:18am On Jun 15, 2010
Only in lagos will passengers know that a commercial vehicle is a crawling coffin and still board it.- during the new year restoration noise at caananland, my grandpa would wake the whole house, and drag us all kids and grandkids about 12 of us (we were staying 4 the new year) to the ojo expressway to 'enter' bus going to caananland coz his car couldn't carry us all. We entered one of the old fed mass transit buses that use to queue on the road. As the bus started moving, i swear some women could reach orgams from the buses's vibration alone. I complained to my grandpa, e said i should shut up that god will protect us. As we were moving slowly on the long bridges with canals under, i heard gboosh! What happened? Front tire had burst. We all disembarked. To make things worse, half of the metal on the spare tyre had been eaten by rust. This time, it took a postrate from my grandpa before i agree to enter the bus. But a few seconds after we started moving again, right on the bridge, i heard loud gbrrakk! Guess what happened? Rusty bus tyre now looked like a badly mangled bicycle tyre.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by daniellle(f): 1:33am On Jun 16, 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ile-ife - City Of 201 Gods. (Yoruba Ancestral Home) / The Ancient Town Of Awka: Fragments Of Its History, Traditions And Culture / Kenyan Mourners Drop Coffin, Fight Over Where To Bury Corpse (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.