Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (31961 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by MrCrackles(m): 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2009
ochukoccna:

ONLY IN LAGOS U'LL SEE DEAD BODY ON THE STREETS AND IT REMAINS THERE FOR DAYS
That was old Lagos. When last did you personally witness this?  

ONLY IN LAGOS U SEE TOUTS ROBBING SOMEONE AND OTHERS WILL BE GOING ABT THEIR BIZ AS IF NOTHING IS HAPPENING Sad but true. angry Reason been his goons are nearby watching to break the heads of would be saviors save the saviors are gun totting policemen or army men. Yet believe it has drastically reduced. Oshodi & Mushin used to be notorious for this. Any ways u must be street yourself to waka for Lagos streetz as every 1 wan hustle u.

ONLY IN LAGOS U SEE A WELL DRESSED SAME MAN/WOMAN/BOY/GIRL, JUMP DOWN FROM A MOVING VEHICLE. Damn impatient lot. Yet many times, the driver tells you  there's no bus stop there yet he freely stops to carry passengers @ the same spot but is reluctant to let them disembark freely. weird behavior though seeing broken bones especially of older people takes time to heal.

ONLY IN LAGOS THAT U WILL BE MOVING ON THE ROAD U SEE SOME PPLE/ADULTS OOO BY THE ROAD SIDE, STOOPING AND DEFEACATING, AND PPLE WOULD JUST BE PASSING AS IF ITS NOTHING.
SOME MEN ALSO BATH BY THE ROADSIDE WITH THEIR 3RD LEG DANGLING AND THEY CARE LESS
 Depends on your part of Lagos though.

Talk of pedestrian bridges, e.g the one at oshodi and cele, the human traffic/hold-up on the bridge atimes will be such that u'll fear the bridge might collapse.
Which one don collapse? What do you expect from a looting elite who shunned from building up Lagos and by extension most of the Southern Nigeria [incl East and South South] infrastructure because of God knows what. I agree that weather contributed a part in the type of roads down south but how come most roads down south are good death traps? Anyway, construction of new bridges are ongoing @ those 2 spots you mentioned.

[size=18pt]Only in Lagos do conductors join man and woman together to go sort out their change[/size]
  grin grin grin grin 'Holy' money-matrimony fit result courtesy of Lagos conductor grin grin grin grin A lady i helped open her email account said she met her husband in the bus in response to Yahoo's security questions.

[size=18pt]Only in Lagos do people start a quarrel with 'Do you know who I am?'. How am I supposed to?[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin What's Lagos without shakara? U too go display your swagger- gosh I hate that word. grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ehie007(m): 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in lagos you look left--right---center--up---down and sideways before you cross

Only in lagos will you see a mad man ask you for money in good english, (i was driving pass sanusi fafunwa one nigth, got to the junction that enters akin adesola, there was a madman there, he just asked me to raise him some cash in very good english), i was surprised, shocked shocked

only in lagos, u see madness
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by kgoddy: 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2009
My brothers, Lagos is a wonderful place to be, I love what our governor is doing but am sorry enough has not been doing for the problem caused by this so call area boys.

Pls. help ask our dear governor what he is doing to or what he is going to do to this areas boys. Dis days every bus stop you get to their are area boys collecting money by force from the drivers and if they don't give my brother wahala don start be dat. They will start destorying things on that bus.

This are things that can only happen in Lagos. Pls. let us ask our governor what he is doing towards eradicating this area boys on Lagos roads.
The funnest thing is that Police men and LASMA boys will be watching them and they will not do anything. People, I thing I have started thinking that this guys work together with the law enforcement agents and LASMA. Or what do you guys think. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bjmighty(m): 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2009
you guys are killing me with laff!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2009
only in lagos u will buy a motor or machine part,you will buy original and tukubo and go and meet mechanics but he will tell u that tukubo will last longer than original
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2009
only in lagos would you find more than 4 different branches of the same church on the street. only in lagos you board a bus to a particular destination but the bus driver end up not getting to the destination and would want everyone to stop at his own self created last bus stop.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2009
only in lagos would you find an okada using a trailer's horn. only in lagos would you see more than 50 vehicles blowing their horns at the same time.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 7:13pm On Dec 10, 2009
in lagos, you'll see a house with 20 face me i slap you rooms with all tenants owing generators, not just that, they all put on their generators at the same time. now, can you figure out the level of noise that particular house's set to generate?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by okeyz(m): 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2009
ONLY IN LAGOS WILL YOU SEE THIS INSCRIPTION " SHIT BUSINESS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS"

ONLY IN LAGOS WILL SEE MAMA PUT COOKING SOUP WITH BROOM!!!! shocked

DURING THE MOLUE ERA , ONLY IN LAGOS WILL SEE 44 SITTING AND 99 STANDING!! - reminds of one drama that happen on my way to  oshodi during the molue era, on woman that was standing sandwiched between two men was complaining that something is "stabbing" her behind and she was feeling uncomfortable, she told the man standong in her front to adjust a little so she can move forward, cos the guy standing behing her was too close for her comfort and she is kinda feeling something hard is "poking her behind.the guy in the standing in her front refused!! y ,becos he too was enjoying the the "push from the woman's "man-chester" and the woman is naturally endowed in both department.
she was telling the guy behind her to shift back a little, for all guy care ,she may talking to a statue cos the guy behind her was sweating profusely and still glued to the woman as if his life depends on it, any time the molue jolts the vibration causes the both of them to follow suit, both men were enjoying the ride!!!, until the woman now shouted out that something is "shooking" her and extricated her self some from both men , lo and behold the guy behind the woman had a BIG  ERECTION!!!! shocked
IT was so glaring that the guy could not hide it ,everybody now knew y the guy was sweating and did not bither to move back when the woman told him to shift a little, he was having the ECSTACY OF HIS LIFE!!,
meen i tire for lagos drama
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by proproman(m): 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos will you look left, look right, look left again and keep looking left and right as you cross.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2009
proproman:

Only in Lagos will you look left, look right, look left again and keep looking left and right as you cross.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Have they cleared all the mad people from the streets especially in that Adeniran Ogunsanya side? grin I can't count how many times I've seen a mad man playing with his 'thing' openly on the road. grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by SeanT21(f): 7:48pm On Dec 10, 2009
This thread is the funniest. We want more stories.

**sit back n relax*
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2009
only in lagos ,a man will take shower go out in the morning without any destination and later come back,, shouting chei i am bleeping tired today,
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by koolchicco: 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos, An Area boy would step on ur feet and still go ahead to yell 'You dey craze'??!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
lol @ koolchicco, did that ever happen to you? sorry baby
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by hackney(m): 8:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
Na wa oo!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by SeanT21(f): 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2009
koolchicco:

Only in Lagos, An Area boy would step on your feet and still go ahead to yell 'You dey craze'??!!

haha~~~LOL. cheesy
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by koolchicco: 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2009
Adrenaline:

lol @ koolchicco, did that ever happen to you? sorry baby

Yes it did! angry Even he nearly added a hot slap wiv the yelling. sad

SeanT21:

haha~~~LOL.   cheesy

Sean it wasn't funny that day tho. cheesy
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2009
@jarus,ur story with d aboki guy should be moved 2 d joke section,i was sittin in a 1 storey balcony with no barricade,i almost fell off,abeg d laff 2 much
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by pinokio(m): 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2009
happened 2 me 2day; while trying to make a u turn in front of eko hotel a trailer carrying some heavy looking rocks rushed into the space behind me, leaving me stuck and unable to conclude my 3 point turn. in the spirit of lagos "shakara" i jumped down from my vehicle and started yelling at the trailer driver to move back, only for the trailer driver and his three "assistants" in the trailer to also start raining curses on me in yoruba while hurriedly coming down from the trailer to meet me. i did a quick assessment of the situation and immediately jumped back into my car and brought my phone out like i had a call while i made d best of the little space behind me and i managed to escape, but not until they had taken turns at banging on my car door and windows until i thought they were actually going to break somethin. all this happened in front of the lastma and traffic policeman at the spot. wetin una go call dat on now?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ikamefa(f): 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2009
meeen  " grin '

am in the library, am supposed to be reading oh

laughing my ass off, if they throw me out of here! chei  grin grin grin grin

@ jarus your  aboki story na wah
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bandely(m): 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2009
ochukoccna:

[size=18pt]Only in Lagos do conductors join man and woman together to go sort out their change[/size]
  grin grin grin grin 'Holy' money-matrimony fit result courtesy of Lagos conductor grin grin grin grin A lady i helped open her email account said she met her husband in the bus in response to Yahoo's security questions.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2009
koolchicco:

Yes it did! angry Even he nearly add a hot slap wiv the yelling. sad

What!!! angry slap you? dem no born am, any1 that touches my koolchicco in this world is finished, I go tear am to pieces lol, take it easy baby, why u sef go dey match agbero, u dey wear glasses LMAO

@ Topic

Its funny how no one has talked about robberies et all, Iv been robbed twice in that crazy lagos, at gun point and by peeps who appeared to be hawking some sh.it, the second one was pretty serious, they actually wanted to take the car too
Lagos no worth am abeg, no roads, no security, too much crowding, TRAFFICK JAMS shocked . . .e.t.c I only like lagos for the night life and thas all. . .Abuja makes more sense abeg if ur gona settle in 9ja
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by SeanT21(f): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
koolchicco:

Yes it did! angry Even he nearly added a hot slap wiv the yelling. sad

Sean it wasn't funny that day tho. cheesy

Damn, I hope U walked away like a gentlemen.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by abasifo(m): 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2009
only in lagos

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by abasifo(m): 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2009
only in lag

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by tolly4real(f): 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2009
Lagos my lagos. i will everly love thee. despite all these madness displayed in lagos whenever i traveled to 9ja i take the bus cos it seems like a stress reliever.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by SeanT21(f): 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2009
Oh lawd. That guy bathing in the street.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chiogo(f): 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
Chai na wa oo!!!! This thread will not kill me.

koolchicco:

Only in Lagos, An Area boy would step on your feet and still go ahead to yell 'You dey craze'??!!
Very true!!! I swear some people . . . . grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Tmoni(m): 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2009
no comment yet on UNILAG Girls??

Me, I miss d Agege bread sha and I also miss Designer rice !!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by kokoye(m): 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2009
Most of the pictures posted above are not real. C'mon!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by OAM4J: 10:10pm On Dec 10, 2009
Lord have mercy shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Kenyan Mourners Drop Coffin, Fight Over Where To Bury Corpse (Video) / The Ancient Town Of Awka: Fragments Of Its History, Traditions And Culture / Ooni: "Adam And Eve Were Created In Ile-Ife, They Were Blacks"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.