Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert (17085 Views)

5 Career Advice You Should Absolutely Ignore / 5 Career Path You Can Easily Gain Valuable Experience From Home / Ericsson Sacks 160 Nigerian Workers, Takes Jobs To India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by MuyiRano(m): 7:35am On Feb 23, 2017
OP if u dnt kno, Falz, Saka, Lil Kesh and some other artistes are introvert or shy if u've got to meet them but when it comes to business they aren't. Go do ur research on them.
Medicine? lol. Ok
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Scream(m): 7:35am On Feb 23, 2017
Human capacity is unlimited...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by slap1(m): 7:38am On Feb 23, 2017
Yet another trailer load of crap hits the front page.

I am an introvert, and I am a good entertainer (acting, comedy). I also work in the marketing department of my company, and I always have a smile on my face.

So, OP, go home; you are drunk! grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Coldfaya(m): 7:38am On Feb 23, 2017
Acidosis:
This is the greatest poo I've ever read this year.

Business is too broad a concept for anyone to make such ridiculous assertion. Do you know some businesses are exclusively for introverted persons?

What's your definition of BUSINESS? hawking garri and kwuli-kwuli in Ketu market?

End of discussion.

Generalization at its peak

1 Like

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Philemhon(m): 7:46am On Feb 23, 2017
tobechi74:
5. Business: Being successful in business demands the risk taking habits of socially inclined people not the pessimic nature of introverts who will first look at the cons before the pros. They suffer from uncertainty and indecision which will in the long run jeopardize chances of major breakthrough in business. Since you often lack self motivation, any storm in business might throw you off balance causing you to probably give up too soon and plunge into depression or make you seek for alternatives abandoning the present course. Your low social life also affects your interaction with customers, people would prefer to rather patronize a friendly person’s business rather your withdrawn introverted self. Most of the crumbled businesses you see around are as a result of some introverts who got doomed by their own temperaments because they treaded the wrong path. In conclusion it is salient to know your strengths and weakness and go for what works you. Your passion should be your fuel in the drive to success. Good luck!!!
Obinna ekwe
6. Agbero:
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Vick4rill(m): 7:47am On Feb 23, 2017
op jst state the bitter truth. unless an individual is a combination of melsan or phlegchlo he or she will find it hard to succeed in any of the career above..socrate once stated that "humans are social animals".and herbert spencer concludes that those who sourvive in the society are those who repeatedly adopt to the structure of the society. "social order" can only be achieve when members in the society relate and interract with one another...the explanation above shows that there is no place for individual who isolate themselves by hiding under their shell.The most annoying thing about introverts is that they believe, they are smarter and more innovative than everybody..i dont see hw been unsocial makes anyone smarter.Oppourtunity are bound to be miss if you are too timid to show the world what you possesed..ignite your introvert strength with mixture of an extrovert.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 23, 2017
I disagree.

Some of the world's most engaging people are introverts by nature and in private. Introverts need to learn how to switch themselves on to do the job at hand. The fact that you are an introvert doesn't mean that you are shy. It simply means that your preferred state is being alone. Introverts can be engaging, funny, and rock solid dependable.

These classifications are only useful to a point. Taken too far they produce simplistic results that are not beneficial.

I am introvert by nature but I was an effective trial lawyer, trauma counsellor and incubator owner. I have met hundreds of people like myself.

Chronic shyness or fear of people is not the same as being an introvert. Even in such cases, these type of people can get the job down because they learn how to operate outside their comfort zone. I have seen people almost get physically sick before a presentation because they were scared and I've seen them go out and nail it.

I've written this much because I think these tags are not helpful. Many people who would have been outstanding in these types of positions are being discouraged.

Introverts you can do what you want if you are ready to step out of self imposed comfort zones.

Go.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Mujtahida: 7:53am On Feb 23, 2017
Acidosis:

Business is too broad a concept for anyone to make such ridiculous assertion. Do you know some businesses are exclusively for introverted persons?

What's your definition of BUSINESS? hawking garri and kwuli-kwuli in Ketu market?
Don't mind the op. Very narrow in his views and limited in his understanding of human nature and experience. Experience shows that a great number of introverts have succeeded in these very fields and a great number of extroverts have failed in them. He doesn't know that life is not black and white but a rainbow.

1 Like

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Sleekbaby(f): 7:53am On Feb 23, 2017
I do not believe in the write-up, those things you mentioned will help an introvert to change though he/she might find it a bit challenging in the beginning but with time it will be a thing of the past. The only one I can say might not work for an introvert is marketing bcoz he/she might find it hard to convince pple but others will help her to change. Talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by PHIPEX(m): 7:57am On Feb 23, 2017
tobechi74:
5. Business: Being
successful in business
demands the risk taking
habits of socially inclined
people not the pessimic
nature of introverts who
will first look at the cons
before the pros. They suffer
from uncertainty and
indecision which will in the
long run jeopardize
chances of major
breakthrough in business.
Since you often lack self
motivation, any storm in
business might throw you
off balance causing you to
probably give up too soon
and plunge into depression
or make you seek for
alternatives abandoning the
present course. Your low
social life also affects your
interaction with customers,
people would prefer to
rather patronize a friendly
person’s business rather
your withdrawn introverted
self. Most of the crumbled
businesses you see around
are as a result of some
introverts who got doomed
by their own temperaments
because they treaded the
wrong path.
In conclusion it is salient to
know your strengths and
weakness and go for what
works you. Your passion
should be your fuel in the
drive to success. Good
luck!!!

Obinna ekwe
You have a complete misunderstanding of introversion. Are u aware that Dangote is more of an introvert than extrovert? Introverts succeeds more in business because they take their time to think through every decision thereby taking a well calculated risks. I am an introvert, did a marketing job successfully and also a very good risk taker in business, so your classification is wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by otabuko(m): 8:01am On Feb 23, 2017
No 5 is totally wrong!
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 23, 2017
an introvert can become an extrovert!
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 23, 2017
Op. Who told you that introvert dont have sense of humour and interative skills? It is also worthy to note that introvert has it levels. Above all it is the environment one find his self; there is always a room for improvement if there is will. BTW, what type of work will you recommend for the introvert?

1 Like

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Mujtahida: 8:08am On Feb 23, 2017
Rukkydelta:
The only one's I see reasonable is marketing and acting
Even in marketing and especially acting you will be shocked to know that the greatest have introverts.
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Tisham20(m): 8:09am On Feb 23, 2017
owk
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by vannessa7(f): 8:22am On Feb 23, 2017
this op needs to get the book, "why you act the way you do" or "spirit controlled temperament" by Tim Lahaye, he will realise most of those things he listed are sctually meant for introvetts, have you heard of quiet confidence?, only an introvert can easily endure the rigour of medical school and creativity, patience, endurance and long suffering which are needed for success are qualities of an introvert. I am an introvert and I contestrf and won an election during my university days. in fact most introvert become celebrities even while they are doing their thing in s quiet corner because, they receive inspiration for new ways of doing thimgs , e.g mark zukerbarg, henry ford brad Pitt, barrack Obama, michael Jackson, pastor Adeboye, Michael Bolton, michael smith, Kenny G,Chris Morgan, Elijah Oyelade, to mention a few.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by chara019: 8:24am On Feb 23, 2017
And who told you introverts do walk with a constant scowl@point 2.
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Teegelop(f): 8:32am On Feb 23, 2017
tobechi74:
Five Careers/Jobs to avoid as an introvert Being an introvert is a lot more trouble by default, from people miscontruing your silence and quiet disposition for an awful snub to people thinking you are too full of yourself or you are so weird. You don’t want to compound issues for yourself by towing a career path meant for gregarious extroverts? Do you? I didn’t think so either. So except you want to become an extrovert overnight, here are top 5 Jobs or Careers you should avoid. Caveat: this list are
What about teaching?
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Agozie48: 8:50am On Feb 23, 2017
I have seen this rubbish post in nairaland before,that was last year I think this OP needs enlightenment
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by afolwalex20(m): 8:51am On Feb 23, 2017
Most doctors are introverts...

1 Like

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by mirabeldesmond(f): 8:59am On Feb 23, 2017
oya tell us what we can do in this life
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Erngie(f): 9:00am On Feb 23, 2017
Acidosis:

Imagine!..The op is not serious at all
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Ophilabraham: 9:06am On Feb 23, 2017
Mr man shut up.

1 Like

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 23, 2017
How did this rubbish post make the FP
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Jointhemiltons2(m): 9:11am On Feb 23, 2017
Acidosis:

Tnk you 4 dis.

1 Like

Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by PrettyGaby(f): 9:14am On Feb 23, 2017
off heart, I can name loads of actors who are introverts
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 23, 2017
Please do not listen to the OP. As a matter of fact, if you are an introvert or partial introvert it is a must to aspire for careers that will bring you out of your shell. You will learn a lot on how to be more social, especially owing your own business will help you feel more capable and comfortable in your own skin.
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Onyenna(m): 10:04am On Feb 23, 2017
Rukkydelta:
The only one's I see reasonable is marketing and acting

I know an introvert who's actually excellent at acting....

The fact is that there are Introverts who can actually do all the 5 career jobs stated by the OP.....BUT once they're done for the day, they crawl back into their shells....It takes a lot of hard work for them to do these things though BUT it's achievable.....
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Candoit: 10:38am On Feb 23, 2017
Hahaha.... See as everybody don dey claim introvert.
Abi e get where dem say for the post "Get paid for being an Introvert ". If na so, me too I be introvert oh.

Don't mind my pidgin English, let's proofread and edit ur cv for you, whether introvert or extrovert. Contact me
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 23, 2017
Since you shown us the introvert the career to avoid. Can you kindly tell us the career that good for us.
Re: 5 Career Jobs To Avois As An Introvert by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
tobechi74:
5. Business: Being
successful in business
demands the risk taking
habits of socially inclined
people not the pessimic
nature of introverts who
will first look at the cons
before the pros. They suffer
from uncertainty and
indecision which will in the
long run jeopardize
chances of major
breakthrough in business.
Since you often lack self
motivation, any storm in
business might throw you
off balance causing you to
probably give up too soon
and plunge into depression
or make you seek for
alternatives abandoning the
present course. Your low
social life also affects your
interaction with customers,
people would prefer to
rather patronize a friendly
person’s business rather
your withdrawn introverted
self. Most of the crumbled
businesses you see around
are as a result of some
introverts who got doomed
by their own temperaments
because....
This is what I call Nonsense....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can An Employer Be Sued For Paying Less Than 30k Minimum Wage? / When Did You Know You'd Be Bagging A 3rd Class (or Pass) ? / After Studying Geology For 4 Years, What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.