Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia (21006 Views)

Nigerians React To Xenophobia Attacks By Looting South African Stores- CNN / Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint / Man Loses Car, Almost Jailed After Helping Lady Carrying A Crying Baby In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Hades2016(m): 11:14am On Feb 22, 2017
Mememan:
angry
South Africa is the LAST PLACE on earth I can travel to.

Those lazy HIV bastards are so hateful.

These people don't deserve any Freedom.

My advise to Nigerians there is that they should come home. Nigeria is thriving well. Come and invest and develop your country.

Leave those lazy HIV bastards alone in their mess.
true talk
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by KanwuliaExtra: 11:16am On Feb 22, 2017
The white man will be smiling reading all these BLACK ON BLACK crimes.
I always believed the black race is incapable of giving and receiving love in return.
No doubt at all.

The same BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS that were liberated from apartheid?
What an irony!

But NIGERIANS see? embarassed
What a CURSE!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Jflex07(m): 11:17am On Feb 22, 2017
tribalism has really done enough damage your sense of reasoning
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by ghostmist: 11:18am On Feb 22, 2017
freeborn76:
My position is this; some Nigerians make it difficult to be Nigerian abroad. Believe me, many countries in Africa silently wish they could flush out Nigerians from their midst. What most Nigerians do in South Africa is shameful and despicable; Point Road in Durban, Hillbrow in Johannesburg, Wynberg and Parklands in Cape Town etc. Nigerians brazenly sell drugs and run brothels without any fear. It's time we started a national rebirth in this country...do you know that the most hated word in India today is Nigeria? Why? Drug peddlers...where did we even derail?
Y'all need to stop this rubbish...it's getting stale

what are the law enforcement agencies there for? whatever it is Nigerians are doing over there, i know they can't do it without the collaboration of the indigenes.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by dominique(f): 11:19am On Feb 22, 2017
Government should assist you get back to business because you are? Thousands of Nigerians have lost businesses to fire, theft, demolition etc, how many of them has has the so-called government helped? You must think your own case is special because you're in far away South Africa, was it the government that sent you there? If you don't have insurance for your business, you have no one but yourself to blame. Oh! sorry for your loss.

As for those useless criminals that keep embarrassing us all over the world, you will meet your Waterloo one day.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Hades2016(m): 11:20am On Feb 22, 2017
freeborn76:
My position is this; some Nigerians make it difficult to be Nigerian abroad. Believe me, many countries in Africa silently wish they could flush out Nigerians from their midst. What most Nigerians do in South Africa is shameful and despicable; Point Road in Durban, Hillbrow in Johannesburg, Wynberg and Parklands in Cape Town etc. Nigerians brazenly sell drugs and run brothels without any fear. It's time we started a national rebirth in this country...do you know that the most hated word in India today is Nigeria? Why? Drug peddlers...where did we even derail?
my brother south Africa and India have been doing drugs before Nigeria started ... so don't blame it on Nigerians ok .... this people are so fvvcking lazy all they do is take drugs, rape and kill it's in there blood .... so pls don't blame Nigerians ok
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by freeborn76(m): 11:21am On Feb 22, 2017
Hades2016:
my brother south Africa and India have doing drugs before Nigeria start ... so don't blame it on Nigerians ok .... this people are so fvvcking lazy all they do is take drugs, rape and kills it's in there blood .... so pls don't blame Nigerians ok

I don't know whether or not you have lived abroad before, you can only relate to what I am saying if you have.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by freeborn76(m): 11:22am On Feb 22, 2017
ghostmist:
Y'all need to stop this rubbish...it's getting stale

what are the law enforcement agencies there for? whatever it is Nigerians are doing over there, i know they can't do it without the collaboration of the indigenes.

Does the fact the indigenes collaborate justify acts of criminality?
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Hades2016(m): 11:23am On Feb 22, 2017
freeborn76:

I don't know whether or not you have lived abroad before, you can only relate to what I am saying if you have.
I have traveled to SA for 1 month and I saw enough. .. some south Africans rape their own mother and kill there father .... and all they do is to take drugs and rape ..... so have seen a little
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Chauke(m): 11:26am On Feb 22, 2017
Hades2016:
my brother south Africa and India have been doing drugs before Nigeria started ... so don't blame it on Nigerians ok .... this people are so fvvcking lazy all they do is take drugs, rape and kill it's in there blood .... so pls don't blame Nigerians ok

It is funny how comfortable for people are to make generalizations about southies,the same people protest when generalizations are made about them.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by ariesbull: 11:27am On Feb 22, 2017
After these yoruba will say it only igbo that suffer just like they play ostrich about North forgeting that they still kill yoruba

Bad tjing is bad and we should stop attaching tribe to it

Nigeria must grow some balls by blacklisting South African firms like MTN, DSTV etc
NewsPoacher:

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigerian-loses-n240m-xenophobia/
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by slam7000(m): 11:38am On Feb 22, 2017
Nixiepie:
in order to retaliate,their properties and companies should be converted to FG's own shikenan

Do you think FG can manage those properties and companies very well?

We had MTEL, NITEL... what happened to those companies and properties?? Sold off, converted to personal cash, acquired more wives, properties acquired abroad, their kids sent to best expensive schools abroad, holiday abroad, they even go abroad to treat mosquito bite.

Leave their companies jare. That's the retaliations of a lazy and clueless leadership.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by CellTabRepairs: 11:39am On Feb 22, 2017
This behaviour by Africans to Africans is hideous. Imagine such wickedness.

coolClick My Name, View The Resource You May Need! cool
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Electroweb(m): 11:39am On Feb 22, 2017
mmsen:

Instead of 'seeking greener pastures' maybe those that went there should learn from the experience and build their own country instead of building on the backs of another group's suffering.

Hold your own leaders to account. Rid yourself of your own destructive practices and institutions and you will not need to go to South Africa or elsewhere.

Well, there are some things that are within your control. Fighting corruption in Nigeria is not one of them or else stories that touch will be your case. Seeking greener pastures outside the country is in your control and your choice. One can go in that direction. Not all Americans are living or making a living in America with all the enablement there.

Regards Nigeria my beloved country, we will continue praying for divine intervention.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 22, 2017
We the Giants of Africa
Most popular African country
What do you expect undecided Haterz lol with all their rubbish they still threatened by us

South Aftica that has bern doing drugs since the days of Adam grin they just like us sha
Useless country have u seen the crime rate, gang rate, rape rate, violence rate in their yeye country ... gays up n down THUGNIFICENT GAYS,,, see their prison how many naijas are there ..

They are not even rated in the rest of the world ... so all this just to be relevant rubbish ..

Anyway i blame buhari grin
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Chauke(m): 11:45am On Feb 22, 2017
Mememan:
angry
South Africa is the LAST PLACE on earth I can travel to.

Those lazy HIV bastards are so hateful.

These people don't deserve any Freedom.

My advise to Nigerians there is that they should come home. Nigeria is thriving well. Come and invest and develop your country.
South Africa is a better place without surplus people who are a social nuisance.

Leave those lazy HIV bastards alone in their mess.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Chauke(m): 11:50am On Feb 22, 2017
Hades2016:
true talk

The interesting thing is thousands are still queuing for Southie visas despite the hatred??
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by giles14(m): 11:51am On Feb 22, 2017
freeborn76:
d way Indians kill Nigerians in nigeria without shit happening.
if other countries hate Nigerian in there country let them pack out of our own.
#Nigeria first.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by giles14(m): 11:55am On Feb 22, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:

Would you blame South Africans.. we cannot even hold it together in Nigeria.. how can we expect better reception abroad. Nigerians should be banned from every country so we can steam and die inside the mess we created. If not for poor neighbours I would say build a huge wall around Nigeria.. our mess/shit is too much for any one to bear
wot nonsense are u spilling. then if its so we should also go around and begin killing Indians Chinese Lebanese etc
n begins burning all south African business enterprises in nigeria
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by mmsen: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2017
Electroweb:

Well, there are some things that are within your control. Fighting corruption in Nigeria is not one of them or else stories that touch will be your case. Seeking greener pastures outside the country is in your control and your choice. One can go in that direction. Not all Americans are living or making a living in America with all the enablement there.

Regards Nigeria my beloved country, we will continue praying for divine intervention.

Using the energy that you have to build community institutions that hold local, state and federal level institutions to account is in indeed within the control of the citizenry.

In order for the crooks to prosper the majority need to be complicit either silently (by turning a blind eye) or explicitly (such as when people accept handouts in exchange for votes).

If Nigerians spent as much time on community awareness and activism as they do on religion there would be far fewer problems.

You mention America and you are right that many (if not most Americans) are not living in comfort or prosperity. The same is true in South Africa but what annoys me about many of the migrants who go to both nations is that they have the nerve to talk down on the native black population in both countries whom they often hastily (and ironically) tag as 'lazy'. Meanwhile they refuse to deal with their own cowardice in running from their own problems and take advantage of the labor (and blood) of the ancestors black South Africans and African Americans.

What can be more lazy than allowing your own home to crumble so that you can feast at another man's table?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by talkeverytime: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2017
Double post
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by talkeverytime: 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2017
klosety45:
@talkeverytime your article on good and right friend is a fluff. I can assure u that, if u even want to write a controversial article then you would have done ur research right. I refuse to comment on ur site cos i think it does not deserve it. A good friend is also a right friend. U are just been controversial. Even if a good friend can't inspire you, is not like he owes you that.
My blog, my thoughts and opinions. I don't have issues with keeping "good friends" but I believe more in keeping friends that can inspire to you to success. If a good friend does not add anything to my life except for being the good and the nice person he is, I'll prefer having a friend who can add value to my life even if he's not too nice to me. And like a stated in the article, A good friend can also be a right friend.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Chauke(m): 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
Nigeriatraining:

Name a country that it's citizens isn't into crimes.. Name 1?
The so called south-africans are the greatest exporters of HIV&AIDS, they have drug-lords in their slum, corrupt politicians and all that. They are just jealous over Nigerians..

My only pain & question is WHY CAN'T NIGERIANS STAY IN NIGERIA.

It's better to be a king in the jungle than to be a slave in the city.

The Nigeria Hate is Just Too Much. Just days ago FALZ was treated disrespectful at their airport because they thought he's a internet scammer. Same thing happened to FALZ, Davido and more.

The good thing is Sothies are criminals in their own country.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Memories12411: 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2017
Why not a mechanic in Nigeria? Must one go to SA to operate? I assume you went to SA because it is better than Nigeria, yet you the FGN to assist you.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by wristbangle: 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
Nixiepie:
I wonder what is special about S.A that Nigerians cant do without
I for once never liked that godamn country

This people really hates nd envy Nigerians,they are barbarians and stupiid

Really? shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
Nigerian youth, lets come together & develop our country woh, we can do it if we try, it aint rocket science. All we need to do is to boot out all those old corrupt politicians in power, establish a new system for ourselves. Create a country where we are all brothers not Afonja, flat head, abok* or militant.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by geosegun(m): 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
Na fall of Nigeria currency make am high like dat;
Some one send $300 n he started blowing horn dat he sent #150,600
Nigeria where are dos days when #1=$0.6

Did you know what the sender of the said $300 went through before he was able to send the money? You sound like a typical ingrate who expected someone abroad to send you the whole of his life savings. even if he sent $3000, you will still not be contented.

You should learn to appreciate little things even if it is $10. If the same person send $10,000 you will never mention it to anybody. It was good that he lets other people know he sent some money as some of you will never mention the good deeds but if the person refused to send money for your selfish requests, the whole world will hear you have either a brother or sister abroad who refuses to help-- Ingrates
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by pepigeorge(m): 12:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
Burn the closest mtn mask to u and change ur lines to glo in protest
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by Dareomo(m): 1:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
The earlier the better.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by MtuMsuper: 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
An honest hard working law abiding man or woman earning his/her clean sweat anywhere should be supported. I believe that's the case here, unless we haven't got the full on the ground story. If this is the case, as i desperately believe it to be, then there's something amiss in south African society viz. envy of those who succeed by hard work. Terrible.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses N240m To Xenophobia by mrsfavour(f): 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
ugohemma:
I told you guys.... Whenever we shy away from responsibilities In this country because we thinks it affects one tribe.... When the repercussions comes, every tribe will take a share of it...

If our government agencies fail to protect Nigerians foreign business because they think Igbos are the only one traveling, when the effect comes we all take a share of it.

Go to CNN website to comment, just seing you are from Nigeria reduces ur chance of getting a positive response.
Same with traveling and visa applications.

If we cant protect our country because we have deep rooted convictions in our tribes and region then lets divide and let every region take care of their own.

This is just the beginning .
I agree with u bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adekunle Mufutau, 4 Others Docked For Possession Of Human Skulls / Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles / 3 Die As Mob Attack Customs Checkpoint, Operational Base In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.