Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) (26811 Views)

Juhel Filing Station In Enugu On Fire After An Explosion (Photos) / Massive Fire In Residential Lagos Neighbourhood / Gas Explosion In Filling Station In Ogun Kills 2 & Injures Several Others (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Majoriki: 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
raker300:
Anambra state fire service has been seriously active following public scrutiny
Nice
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by raker300: 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
We almost lost these monuments in the onitsha fire

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
Mrbigman1:
I really always wonder who grant such license.

Gas stations, churches, industries, telecum mast all should stay away from residential area.

Anyway, our local govt no dey work, na to stay house wait for salary and complain.
@bolded, no need for that question in a fantastically corrupt country like ours, all you need is to grease a few palms
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by nnatobryno(m): 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
Abagworo:
[s]Absolute nonsense. Most of those filling stations were there before people built houses around them hence they obtained genuine building permit. What government should do is to ensure they adhere to maximum safety standards and not this hypocritical showmanship.

In a couple of years the space around this new petrol station will be filled with residential houses. When it happens will you blame the station owner? [/s]

smelling mouth, agent of darkness[size=8pt][/size].

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4901697_fbimg1487716307775_jpeg0bf3c0eaac5520a82d82ae5ec74c62e1

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by okasebe(m): 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
Nice one from Obiano.

I like proactive governors

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by emi14: 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
helinues:
Thats a good move..

I wonder who approved that license before.

What a contradiction!!!
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by emi14: 5:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
okasebe:
Nice one from Obiano.

I like proactive governors

Because you don't have one
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by africanusvu(m): 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
This same filing station oposit DMGS av been seiled and unseiled more than 3times.i pray this works.in a state wit soo many bilionaires richer than the state.it is always hard for gvt to implement decisions
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by slap1(m): 5:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
Knee-jerk reaction. The government has been collecting taxes from these fuel stations. Safety measures should be put in place to ensure that future fire outbreaks are contained.

Let every fuel station close to a residential area get a good mini firetruck. It is more sensible than closing them down.
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2017
For how long
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by okasebe(m): 5:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
emi14:

Because you don't have one

Okay
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by matrixme(m): 5:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
rubbish move. Instead of devoting more attention to the fire department. Fuel stations are basic necessities in a community which people use daily, just like banks and market stores. Therefore, It doesn't make any sense to relocate them away from the city.
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Marlvin(m): 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2017
So closing up someones source of income is the best way to curb fire disaster ?

Where were the agencies incharge of such structures when work was in progress ?

Why not introduce safety measures , fire service should be on stand-by in every filling station.. employ more road safety officers .
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Ejanla07: 6:08pm On Feb 22, 2017
Abagworo:
Absolute nonsense. Most of those filling stations were there before people built houses around them hence they obtained genuine building permit. What government should do is to ensure they adhere to maximum safety standards and not this hypocritical showmanship.

In a couple of years the space around this new petrol station will be filled with residential houses. When it happens will you blame the station owner?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4901697_fbimg1487716307775_jpeg0bf3c0eaac5520a82d82ae5ec74c62e1

do you even know the meaning of residential area

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Alajiki(m): 6:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
Doug07034780891:
Your input whether genuine or not is immaterial. Just focus on your useless and worthless Imo state. cool

[s][/s]

Oh! Shut the hell up dog. Leave the dude alone! Okay?

Douche bag!
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Doug07034780891(m): 6:21pm On Feb 22, 2017
Alajiki:

my father is a dog and useless

Douche bag!

I should have known.
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
This feels like trumps executive orders; poorly thought out, populist,misguided.

There is a boatload of approvals required before you site a filling station. Filling stations are not pure industrial concerns, and they are often sited in residential areas.

A large number of those stations, particularly those owned by major marketers , will have all their records of payments and approvals (paid to the government, land use charge, tax,etc)

What the government is supposed to do instead of this knee jerk response is conduct a complete audit of stations in anambra.

Earth integrity, proper spec of cables , proper vapor evacuation, that sort of thing. It is why lasg created LASBCA.

I live in Festac and there are six filling stations in my vicinity.
In a country like Nigeria with unresolved energy problems, you need filling stations nearby. Otherwise you will find yourself going 15 kilometers to buy 5litres of petrol for your generator.
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Malayy(m): 6:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
Anambra state is a land of 'filling stations'. there are ten of them in every street. just pray you don't come back one day from work and see your house burning/ burnt..
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Bluffly: 6:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
Abagworo:
Absolute nonsense. Most of those filling stations were there before people built houses around them hence they obtained genuine building permit. What government should do is to ensure they adhere to maximum safety standards and not this hypocritical showmanship.

In a couple of years the space around this new petrol station will be filled with residential houses. When it happens will you blame the station owner?

You don't get it. A residential area is already designated even before its built. House or not, it shouldn't be there
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by naijacampu(m): 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
Abagworo:

You are certainly saying what you don't know, most of the filling stations in question are hardly 20 years while the buildings are mostly about 50 years. Please don't be so sure of what you don't know.
Thanks.
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Richy4(m): 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
Marlvin:
So closing up someones source of income is the best way to curb fire disaster ?

Where were the agencies incharge of such structures when work was in progress ?

Why not introduce safety measures , fire service should be on stand-by in every filling station.. employ more road safety officers .

No sir such thing was not supposed to be at the residential area...Assuming the city was well planned, there should have mapped out industrial area and residential...Even school was not supposed to be at the residential area because of Noise pollution .. and you can't build fire services in every gas station...it's not even achievable in an advanced country..
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by naijacampu(m): 6:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
Malayy:
Anambra state is a land of 'filling stations'. there are
ten of them in every street. just pray you don't
come back one day from work and see your house
burning/ burnt..
Which street please? Name one street in Anambra with 10 filling stations. Thanks.
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Icon79(m): 6:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Gas stations, churches, industries, telecum mast all should stay away from residential area.

Anyway, our local govt no dey work, na to stay house wait for salary and complain.

What about mosques
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by adeoba2008(m): 6:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Hope you know the meaning of residential area?. Before you build your filling station, check if that place is reserved for such.

Is the government blind when they are building it ? Who gave the approval in the first place ?
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Franchise21(m): 7:01pm On Feb 22, 2017
H
Doug07034780891:
What is your business with what Anambra does? Why not go and face your useless and worthless Imo state? Why have you decided to be useless onto yourself and your poor old mother?

Leave us alone and focus on your pillaged, hopeless Imo state where nothing works except that your useless fat limping failed governor is playing politics with the lives of its people.

[s][/s]
Epic grin
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by FKO81(m): 7:09pm On Feb 22, 2017
Icon79:

What about mosques
We are discussing Anambra not Kastina

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Charly68: 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2017
Thank God for courage of the Governor .Meanwhile where are the town planners that approved the erection of the structures ? They should be punished to serve as deterrent to others
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by SuperBlack: 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
SexyNairalander:
booked
for sale?
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Youngzedd(m): 7:18pm On Feb 22, 2017
Mrbigman1:

I am telling ya. Corruption has eaten deep into all sectors.
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Malayy(m): 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2017
naijacampu:

Which street please? Name one street in Anambra with 10 filling stations. Thanks.
not every street. go to Tarzan junction, Nkpor . and confirm. new stations are been constructed. and there are like 10 there already..
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by SuperBlack: 7:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
Doug07034780891:
What is your business with what Anambra does? Why not go and face your useless and worthless Imo state? Why have you decided to be useless onto yourself and your poor old mother?

Leave us alone and focus on your pillaged, hopeless Imo state where nothing works except that your useless fat limping failed governor is playing politics with the lives of its people.

[s][/s]
An Igbo wrote this against An Igbo Person? Hausa man will never say this against Hausa. I'm ashamed of you.
Re: Anambra Begins Sealing Of Filling Station In Residential Areas (Photos) by Abiagirl777(f): 7:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
so if I want to buy 10 lirees of fuel for my gen and I no get car,I will enter bus dey go outskirts of the city,how common man go take survive for this naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan / My Hostile Neighbor / Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.