Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election (11450 Views)

Result Sheets From Rivers Rerun, PDP Leads / Rivers Rerun: Drones Wike & PDP Bought To Prevent Rigging (Pics) / APC Rally For Rivers Rerun Election (Live Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:34am On Feb 22, 2017
Four days to the Saturday rerun election in Riv­ers State, the National Youth Service Corps (NYS) has withdrawn corps mem­bers from participating in the exercise.

The election will hold in Etche Local Government Area for the vacant House of Representatives’ seat.
The State Coordina­tor of NYSC, Mr. Omotayo Adewoye, disclosed this on Monday during a stakehold­ers’ meeting in Port Harcourt which was organised by the State Police Command to­wards a peaceful election in the council.

According to Adewoye, the move to retrain 300 corps members for the elec­tion was due to the violence that marred the last Decem­ber 10, 2016 election where he said, one corps member was killed.

He said: “I am just a month old here, when on Thursday I received a letter calling for interested corps members, 300 in numbers to participate in the Etche election.

“I am quite aware of the Memorandum of Under­standing (MoU) that exists between the Independent National Electoral Commis­sion (INEC) and the NYSC. I am not a signatory to the MoU, so I had to approach the National Directorate Headquarters in Abuja. I equally contacted the field of­ficer in Etche Local Govern­ment Area where the election is supposed to be held, to get the corps members ready in case we are taking part in the election.”

“I am standing here to let you know that the corps members may not take part in the election because of the violence that marred the last elections in this state in which we lost one corps member,” he said.

Earlier, the Acting Com­missioner of Police, DCP Ahmed Magaji, promised equal treatment for all par­ticipants during the election.

Magaji said that the police will remain apolitical during the election but warned that the command will not toler­ate any form of violence or crisis from any politicians or their supporters in the area. He called for support from sister agencies, INEC, politi­cians and other stakeholders to ensure a successful, free and fair election in the area.

The election will hold in 147 polling units for House of Representatives and 74 polling units for State House of Assembly seats.

http://www.authorityngr.com/2017/02/NYSC-pulls-out-corps-members-from-Rivers-rerun-election/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by madridguy(m): 8:36am On Feb 22, 2017
Good move. I now fear Rivers more than Chibok town.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by angeltolly(f): 8:38am On Feb 22, 2017
Good development..... Rivers State and Election violence are 5&6........ But then the irony here is some of these corpers won't even be happy with the decision because they will see it as opportunity to get more money

Hmmm.... That adage says The chick is been prevented from death yet it keeps complaining they didn't allow it to go and play on the dumpsite sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by igben(m): 8:39am On Feb 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:57am On Feb 22, 2017
That means Nothing for Wike To Kill cool

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 8:59am On Feb 22, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
And there Will be something for Amaechi to kill abi Akuya

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 22, 2017
Nice move
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by ThinkSmarter: 9:15am On Feb 22, 2017
Rivers should simply learn from Akwaibom and Delta State, their citizens re so much interested in education, that's why election violence is less cuz they have low number of tauts.
They should utilize their 13%derivation well.
It's only education that will stop the mess in Rivers.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 22, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
Rivers should simply learn from Akwaibom and Delta State, their citizens re so much interested in education, that's why election violence is less cuz they have low number of tauts.

You think Rivers is less educated than those 2 states you mentioned

Mumu! Pleasee verify your facts before you type

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by Johnnyessence(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://www.authorityngr.com/2017/02/NYSC-pulls-out-corps-members-from-Rivers-rerun-election/

good one from NYSC. No corpers should involve themselves in d bloody election. All in the name of getting some cash. They will still kill themselves again.
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 22, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
'Kill everybody you can kill'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
grin
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by ThinkSmarter: 11:03am On Feb 22, 2017
Ekinematics:

You think Rivers is less educated than those 2 states you mentioned

Mumu! Pleasee verify your facts before you type
facts don't lie
There is no need calling me names cuz I never berated u.
Rather I tried pointing to facts that will better ur lots.

I'm from Ebonyi, my state is one of the educationally disadvantaged state like Rivers, it is always characterised with election violence in the past, though not as intense as that of Rivers.
But today, we hv so much embraced education as u can see from the Statistics. We hv only 13LGA.
This measure hv reduced the ugly trend drastically as no undergraduate or graduate will agree to be a thug to any politician, except the person is a clown.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by kelvyn7: 11:07am On Feb 22, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by Benjom(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2017
...better late than never.

Having difficulties writing your CV from the scratch effortlessly? Use this CV Template and experience a huge difference:

www..com/ms-word-editable-cv-format/

This MS Word Editable CV Format Download or Template will, among other benefits, allow you to:

* Easily edit and input the content of your old CV into the new format.

* Use excellent page layout with the right spacing and standard font.

* Create, extend, re-arrange or remove sections effortlessly.

* View your CV on any platform (smart phones, tablets, desktops, laptops, etc) without any form of disorientation.
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by holatin(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2017
nice one, they can sacrifice themselves and not innocent corps member to the gods of election violence.

when dem kill themselves finish, let see who the winner will rule.
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by Pavore9: 11:09am On Feb 22, 2017
A good move.
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by babyfaceafrica: 11:09am On Feb 22, 2017
Rivers of blood...amacehi and wike no dey shame...nansense
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by ipobarecriminals: 11:09am On Feb 22, 2017
sad cos Wicked WIKE is a vampire
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by Nukualofa: 11:10am On Feb 22, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
grin grin grin grin grin

Get a hamper of sense at shoprite now

1 Like

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by Ekakamba: 11:10am On Feb 22, 2017
Good decision. Applaud-able. Meanwhile some corpers who think they'll make money outta the rerun will complain.
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by Elnino4ladies: 11:13am On Feb 22, 2017
Nice one from nysc
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 22, 2017
The state co-ordinator lies. I'm a Rivers state corp member and i participated in the last December election as a presiding officer.

NO CORP MEMBER WAS KILLED.
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by saintgp(m): 11:16am On Feb 22, 2017
Which one be:MAY NOT PARTICIPATE. They shouldn't be allowed to participate simple.
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by helinues: 11:17am On Feb 22, 2017
Best thing

Rivers of blood

Of all the responsible people in River state, they could only choose tout as their governors.. Both Amaechi and Wike are blood sucker
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by ThinkSmarter: 11:18am On Feb 22, 2017
Nukualofa:
grin grin grin grin grin

Get a hamper of sense at shoprite now
touts, not a big deal, auto-correction can cause mess atimes.
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by 2sydoflyf(m): 11:26am On Feb 22, 2017
This one na re-re-re-re-re-re-run! There barely a weekend Inec don conduct election in Rivers state. Na wedding?

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by CellTabRepairs: 11:34am On Feb 22, 2017
Good proactive move.

WAITING TO BE INVITED FOR A JOB PUTS CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE IN OTHERS HANDS; L(EARN)ING TO EARN PUTS U IN CONTROL!!!

While you search for that job(not bad, keep trying) and time keeps going (we are almost in March already) do you just idle bye?

YOU might consider investing/training yourself right there at home in a knowledge-based skill that has UNENDING RETURNS and even expose you to opportunities in people!. EACH DAY , YOUR CAPITAL Will Be YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & BARE HANDS! More GUARANTEED than any other investment! With smartphones as the future, YOU CAN NEVER GO BROKE. Get " Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals " from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc Cheaper rates Now@ all marketplaces!

coolClick My Name, View the resource you need!cool
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by seenter84: 11:36am On Feb 22, 2017
Safer for them.
Deathbzone rivers
Re: NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election by RoyalSleek(m): 11:48am On Feb 22, 2017
holamiday:
The state co-ordinator lies. I'm a Rivers state corp member and i participated in the last December election as a presiding officer.

NO CORP MEMBER WAS KILLED.

Look at this one. The scheme is trying to shield you from misfortune but the crumbs you got the last time won't allow you to reason adequately.

Recieve sense!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Senators Behind Magu’s Rejection — Rep Gudaji / May 30 ‘Sit-At-Home’ Order: IPOB, MASSOB On Collision Course / Do Crowds At APC, PDP Presidential Rallies Show Candidates’ Acceptance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.