Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law (37683 Views)

Osinbajo, NASS Set For Showdown Over Vp's Refusal To Sign 4 Bills / Why Osinbajo Refused To Sign 4 Bills From National Assembly / Osinbajo Signs Seven Bills Into Law As Acting President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by emmasege: 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
tafrica:
This is a correct man that reads the content of a bill before signing it, unlike one baba that just signed padded budget without recourse to its content. I'm sure he didn't read that letter clearing Bachir Lawal before he signed it.

Long live Our president, Prof Yemi Osinbajo.

Long live our high commissioner to UK, Gen M. Buhari.

May God please guide our president to select a supportive and noble VP for himself.
You got me laughing! Buhari has indeed been seconded to the UK as Nigeria's High Commisioner. May he retain the High Commisioner's seat till 2019, after which we'll decide what to do with this evil gang called Association of Protected Criminals (APC). 2019 election is one election to look for in Nigeria. I only pray that a vibrant, alternative opposition party with established structures would have emerged before then.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by Alphasoar(m): 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
some people weh not like this news!!!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by tafrica(m): 12:05pm On Feb 22, 2017
emmasege:
You got me laughing! Buhari has indeed been seconded to the UK as Nigeria's High Commisioner. May he retain the High Commisioner's seat till 2019, after which we'll decide what to do with this evil gang called Association of Protected Criminals (APC). 2019 election is one election to look for in Nigeria. I only pray that a vibrant, alternative opposition party with established structures would have emerged before then.

AMENNNNNNNNNNN

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by oraclechamber(m): 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by tafrica(m): 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
Firefire:

May the High Commissioner stay longer in the UK and enjoy all bits of his relaxation. grin

AMENNNNN

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by PassingShot(m): 12:08pm On Feb 22, 2017
tafrica:
This is a correct man that reads the content of a bill before signing it, unlike one baba that just signed padded budget without recourse to its content. I'm sure he didn't read that letter clearing Bachir Lawal before he signed it.

May God please guide our president to select a supportive and noble VP for himself.
When wailing zombies are cornered, they try to save face by spewing trash.

Many of you kids can't even remember how many bills PMB refused to assent to.

You can;t even remember he refused to sign a doctored/padded budget.

The future of Nigeria can surely not be left in the hands of the largely lazy, unintelligent youths of today.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by able20(m): 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
Zombies now regard someone with Certificate.(Osinbajo)
Before they said even though buhari presents a NEPA bill they will vote for him. Dead hope.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by eyinjuege: 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2017
Dcaliphate:
They dont know they are dealing with a prof here with complete certificates, he will read every punctuation mark and unclear meanings must be cleared... Ride on Sir... Osinbajo till 2023

Here's a new one... stc (second to....u know na)

Not just a prof, but a professor of law shocked shocked.

He will read every word, every punctuation truly.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by 377: 12:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
enshi:

You said something about legal departement.. If the Bill be sent there , dont you think that is another delay entirely

MY BROS I AM OFFICER AS WELL. I NEED THIS BILL MORE THAN YOU OH BROS. BUT WE DONT HAVE CONTROL OVER THESE THINGS AND WE CAN ONLY WAIT FOR THE RIGHT TIME. IS JUST PRAYER BUT I QUOTED WHAT AKOH SAID
Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by Aristo3146(m): 12:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
tafrica:

Sign padded budget can u recount how Mani times the budget was sent back to the national Assembly
Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by Viergeachar: 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
Johnnyessence:
sure he can't sign any bill. There are some cabals in the aso rock that will not allow him. Even they are much for him to curtail them. Every thing na still politics. So it is when sick and weak pmb come that the bill will be sign baaa. All is well.

You yEasterners are irredeemable lots. grin

Hasnt he already assented to some bills.

You better start getting used to another Yoruba presidency while Ohaneze plots for Igbo presidency in vain. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by eyinjuege: 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
LordKushmann:
I'm interested in knowing the contents of this Dangerous drugs amendment bill. Let's see if there's hope for decriminalization of cannabis with this new government

You too like kush

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by UchaNwababa: 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
Osibade Why nau
Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by tafrica(m): 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
PassingShot:

When wailing zombies are cornered, they try to save face by spewing trash.

Many of you kids can't even remember how many bills PMB refused to assent to.

You can;t even remember he refused to sign a doctored/padded budget.

The future of Nigeria can surely not be left in the hands of the largely lazy, unintelligent youths of today.

Zombies/wailers must have frustrated your life such that you can't picture anyone except as either a zombie or wailer.

I rather have a performing and active Prof Osinbajo over frail Buhari whose govt has already been hijacked. They padded budget behind him, they forged his signature to sell $19m worth of crude oil. Another story flying around is that he signed Bachir's clearance letter without reading it.
And you're pained I even wished him long life in UK.
Don't let Buhari make your life perpetually filled with sadness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by tafrica(m): 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2017
Aristo3146:
Sign padded budget can u recount how Mani times the budget was sent back to the national Assembly

Was it not after public out cry? It was even the public that discovered the bogus items in the budget, not Buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by Phemmyrans: 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2017
This is what we got when a sound mind and intellectual is in charge

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by PassingShot(m): 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2017
tafrica:

Zombies/wailers must have frustrated your life such that you can't picture anyone except as either a zombie or wailer.

I rather have a performing and active Prof Osinbajo over frail Buhari whose govt has already been hijacked. The padded budget behind me, they forged his signature to sell $19m worth of crude oil. Another story flying around is that he signed Bachir's clearance letter without reading it.
And you're pained I even wished him long life in UK.
Don't let Buhari make your life perpetually filled with sadness.
Claptrap!
Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by owji: 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
Akoh has brainwashed all of una finish.
For now forget abt peace corp of corruption

377:

MY BROS I AM OFFICER AS WELL. I NEED THIS BILL MORE THAN YOU OH BROS. BUT WE DONT HAVE CONTROL OVER THESE THINGS AND WE CAN ONLY WAIT FOR THE RIGHT TIME. IS JUST PRAYER BUT I QUOTED WHAT AKOH SAID
Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by thunderbabs: 12:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
[quote author=Dcaliphate post=53949133]They dont know they are dealing with a prof here with complete certificates, he will read every punctuation mark and unclear meanings must be cleared... Ride on Sir... Osinbajo till 2023

Here's a new one... stc (second to....u know na) [/quote

Guy, watch what you post oo...dt ur last statement is treasonous to the Hausa clan.....No let them know ur house ooo...Osinbajo till 20.... OYO lo wa

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by able20(m): 12:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
[quote author=Viergeachar post=53950316]

You yEasterners are irredeemable lots. grin

Hasnt he already assented to some bills.

You better start getting used to another Yoruba presidency while Ohaneze plots for Igbo presidency in vain. grin grin grin[

Cool down boy!, i think the Igbos are comfortable with a Yoruba Christian.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by wasuka14(m): 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
harbdulrasaq88:
The Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Wednesday refused to assent four bills and returned them to the NASS for correction.

Senate President Bukola Saraki read the letters today at Senate plenary.

The four bills are: Dangerous Drugs Amendment Bill 2016, National Lottery Amendment Bill 2016, Agriculture Credit Guarantee Scheme Fund 2016, and Currency Conversion Freezing Order Amendment Bill 2016.

Osinbajo gave several reasons for the rejection of assent to the bills and said the bills have been returned to the National Assembly.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/osinbajo-refuses-to-sign-4-bills-into.html

cc lalasticlala
Many of those useless bill only favour the rich but not the poor.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
grin grin
tafrica:

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by obinna002: 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
Are you sure of what your saying
377:

PLS PEACE CORP BILL IS NOT YET WITH THE PRESIDENCY. IT WILL BE CONSIDERED FINALLY BY TOMORROW BY THE SENATE. AFTER THAT THEN IT WILL BE SENT TO THE LEGAL DÉPARTEMENT BEFORE IT WILL GET TO THE PRESIDENT. SO DONT PANIC. BUT LETS HOPE HE WOUNT RETURN THE BILL BACK COS U NO IS A LEARNED PERSON.AD SOON AS IT GETS TO OSIBANJO IF IT IS OK BY HIM HE WILL SUGN IMMEDIATELY.
Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by pawesome(m): 12:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
tafrica:

lwkmd..i didnt knw d tym i startd lafin lik a mad man insyd d bank cz f dis...so na how many uk high commissioners we get?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by obinna002: 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
grin grin grin grin Rotfl Owji owji continue fooling Yourself.
owji:
Akoh has brainwashed all of una finish.
For now forget abt peace corp of corruption

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by MrPRevailer(m): 1:01pm On Feb 22, 2017
Josegun:
Getting there, Nigeria will one day have a president that can read and assimilate.

Correction: Have Another President. Goodluck was one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwQTw9Z1xy8
Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
danasjoe1:
The dwarf can't sign any law without the dullard Buhari sorder..

Pele o, Mr. Giant. How has your height helped your frustrations? Nobody knows you.

* modified

So I checked your profile, why your head come be like barrel now?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
Professor Yemi Osinbajo for President 2019. smiley
Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by Basildvalour(m): 1:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
Until we begin to delegate powers to people who are truly qualified for it, we will continue to play on a swinging pendulum going back and forth, nothing achieved.
Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by Xtfield(m): 1:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
tafrica:

Please let us be careful with our comments. Comments like this are capable of causing disaffection in the Presidency.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by Dareomo(m): 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2017
More grace from God on the saddle the Prof.
Re: Osinbajo Refuses To Sign 4 Bills Into Law by tafrica(m): 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2017
Xtfield:
Please let us be careful with our comments. Comments like this are capable of causing disaffection in the Presidency.

Like the ruling class care about the masses.
If the ruling class care about us like we do, Nigeria will be a better place.
Just like Some people are concerned about the wide reportage of SKaduna because it puts Elrufai in bad perception, but we don't care that the ruling class (elrufai) doesn't care about innocent lives being lost everyday in Southern Kaduna.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Willie Obiano Wins Anambra Governorship Election 2017 / Akeredolu, Wife In Panic Mood, Appeal For Votes After Losing Ondo To PDP / Adamu Garba: Twitter Should Get Out Of Nigeria For Deleting Buhari's Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.