Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Five Things You Didn’t Know About Your Period - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Five Things You Didn’t Know About Your Period (484 Views)

5 Benefits Of Having Sex That You Didn’t Know! / Australian Woman Swallowed Her Braces Wire 10 Years Ago And Didn’t Know (Photo) / Five Things That Make Women’s Breasts Sag Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Things You Didn’t Know About Your Period by Mrfixitxtech: 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
So you think you have been having your period for at least, the past ten years so there is nothing new you will be told, huh? Well, as long as you are not a medical personnel, chances are that what you know is just scratching the surface. Are you ready for your period lessons? Guys, pay attention too because you never know when it might come in handy.
1. Cramps are not normal

Many of us grew up with sisters who used to having back-wracking, waist-twisting cramps and so we also resigned ourselves to the same fate. In my house, we nicknamed it ‘the younger brother to labour’. Cramps are signs of high oestrogen levels or sometimes, high sugar levels. Other times, it may point to a cyst or fibroid.
2. Back pain is a telling sign

Put your hands up if you experience this. Have a doctor check your hormone levels because your oestrogen might be too high.
3. Short cycles could point to iron deficiency

We usually want to get it over with so months when it lasts a couple of days, we feel like giving testimony in Church. Well, short cycles with heavy bleeding may mean you ain’t eating enough green leafy vegetables and that could lead to anaemia.
4. Menstruation makes you hornier

Yup! This is scientifically proven. Progesterone lowers women’s libido but during your period, you produce less so you tend to crave sex.
5. You lose just about 2 tablespoons of blood

The first time I came across this fact, I felt it was a lie. All that blood and you say just two tablespoons? Well, science has it that the most is about half a cup and if you lose up to a cup, it could be a sign that something is seriously wrong. Periods are messy stuff but we should talk more about it so we will know when something is wrong.

Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Your Period by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
One thing I like about period is that it tells you she's not pregnant.
Thank you. Period! cool
Re: Five Things You Didn’t Know About Your Period by Michaeloben: 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2017
How I Cleared My Stretch Marks Completely -Susan Shares Her Story.

It's every young woman's worse nightmare: looking down and finding those pinkish-purple lines emerging on fresh skin. It's the surprise no one ever really wants. Welcome to the world of stretch marks.

I'll admit, when I first saw stretch marks on my upper thighs during my sophomore year of high school, I thought they were hideous. I thought I would never wear another bathing suit again and submerged the small pinkish-purple stretch marks in mounds of concealer, coated in overpriced moisturizers and compounds of cocoa butter.

As a young woman, my weight has fluctuated. I have been considered every body type in the book, from "long and lengthy" to "big and broad." Height-wise most of my growing started very young, and I was already my full-grown height of 5'7" before the start of seventh grade. But I had always been fairly comfortable in my skin. My mom works in the field of women's empowerment, so while I watched other girls in my class fixate on a scale, I had learned from the best to love my body and that it was what was "on the inside" that matters most of all.

Yet as my lifestyle changed, so did my body. As a former dancer, I went from 8+ hours of dance a week to none. I started developing overnight and "filling up" my figure. Soon after, my stretch marks began to peek through and say hello.

When they first emerged, right below my hips, I had no idea what was going on. I thought I had rubbed up against something or that my skin was irritated. Soon more and more of the pinkish markings emerged to the surface.

I knew the truth. I had stretch marks. At fourteen years old. I remember crying to my mom, insisting for her to buy me some magical ointment or pill for my stretch marks to go away. Why me? I thought. Why so young?

I was ashamed. I wanted to shed my skin like a snake, replenish a new set that would free me of these markings. I feared what others would say. I feared what I would say, covering them up with expensive makeup, hiding them even in the winter when I wore jeans or tights just so I didn't need to face the sight of them.

All these continued up to when I came across a remedy that changed my life. I didn't believe it at first because I had used a lot of medication. I decided to give it a shot and to my greatest surprise, they started clearing with 4-6 weeks. There was no need to go through the pains of using lasers to clear the stretch marks.

They remedy has this soothing feeling when used. What I like most about it is that it has no side effects. This is what led me share this fantastic remedy with people out there that are battling with stretch marks.

For more information on how to get the remedy contact: +2348160968534 +2348027452082.
Have a nice day.

(1) (Reply)

World Water Day 2017 / An Outlandish Surgeon Who Aims To Perform The First Head Transplant. / Breaking News!! Nigerian Surgeon Mistakenly Removes A Woman’s Ovary Instead Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.