Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,249 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

What’s The Difference Between High Blood Pressure And Hypertension? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What’s The Difference Between High Blood Pressure And Hypertension? (740 Views)

Today Is World Diabetes Day: African Diabetes And Hypertension Association ADHA / Preventing Stroke And Hypertension: Silent Killers / What Is The Difference Between The White Vitamin C Tablets And The Orange Ones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s The Difference Between High Blood Pressure And Hypertension? by citadelplace: 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
High blood pressure is an oft-misapplied term. So is hypertension. So what’s the difference, and does it really matter?
[b][/b]
If you’re in good health, your blood pressure will fluctuate during the day, depending on your stress level, how much caffeine you’ve had, whether you’re exerting yourself and so on.

Taking your blood pressure when you’ve just heard that your house has been burgled, or after you’ve had three double espressos will show that you have high blood pressure. That’s not necessarily dangerous.

It’s when your blood pressure stays elevated for prolonged periods that the danger creeps in.

When your blood pressure stays high for a long time, you have hypertension. A number of factors can contribute to this: smoking, drinking too much, obesity and high salt intake can cause trouble.

Another factor is heredity: you may simply have inherited hypertension. It seems unfair, but it’s true.

So while you’re likely to have high blood pressure at some stage of your life, you don’t necessarily have hypertension. Seeing your doctor regularly and knowing your family history will help establish which category you fall into.
Re: What’s The Difference Between High Blood Pressure And Hypertension? by Chikelue2000(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2017
Lala oya take dis to d promised land
Re: What’s The Difference Between High Blood Pressure And Hypertension? by kabrud: 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hypertension is an advanced case of hbp and an extreme case of hbp is stroke.

My thought tho, I'm not a medical practitioner.
Re: What’s The Difference Between High Blood Pressure And Hypertension? by Baroba(m): 5:18pm On Feb 22, 2017
kabrud:
Hypertension is an advanced case of hbp and an extreme case of hbp is stroke.

My thought tho, I'm not a medical practitioner.

shocked shocked Hypertension is the medical term for high blood pressure.. Been hypertensive can lead to stroke, which occurs when blood flow to an area of brain is cut off. When this happens, brain cells are deprived of oxygen and begin to die. A brain aneurysm burst or a weakened blood vessel leak (hemorrhagic) is one of two types of stroke. The other type is ischaemic..
Re: What’s The Difference Between High Blood Pressure And Hypertension? by kabrud: 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
Baroba:

shocked shocked Hypertension is the medical term for high blood pressure.. Been hypertensive can lead to stroke, which occurs when blood flow to an area of brain is cut off. When this happens, brain cells are deprived of oxygen and begin to die. A brain aneurysm burst or a weakened blood vessel leak (hemorrhagic) is one of two types of stroke. The other type is ischaemic..

Thanks for the enlightenment. As I have said, I'm not a medical practitioner, and from ur comment, I think u are. Thank you.
Re: What’s The Difference Between High Blood Pressure And Hypertension? by Baroba(m): 12:19am On Feb 23, 2017
kabrud:

Thanks for the enlightenment. As I have said, I'm not a medical practitioner, and from ur comment, I think u are. Thank you.

You are welcome bro..
Re: What’s The Difference Between High Blood Pressure And Hypertension? by Lunaxskin: 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
Can one really recover from stroke?
Re: What’s The Difference Between High Blood Pressure And Hypertension? by wyqay: 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
thanks to the information
Re: What’s The Difference Between High Blood Pressure And Hypertension? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
Lunaxskin:
Can one really recover from stroke?

Recovery depends on a variety of things but quickly how fast medical help was sought plays a huge role.

(1) (Reply)

Toning thighs and forearms / Cream Mixing Training / Gynaecologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.