Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,746 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December (3190 Views)

Happy Hanukkah 2015 – The Jewish Festival Of Lights / Hama Terrorists Complains That The Jewish God Changes The Flight Of Their Rocket / Is The Jewish God Yahweh Really The Devil In Disguise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Lady234: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2009
Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaaah
Haa
Ha
Aaaaah
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2009
I ve often wondered why the jews don't recognise the boks of the macabees .Is the celebration not an act of hypocrisy considering the fact that the feast in question was instituted by Judas macabees.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Yisraylite(m): 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2009
@ Poster

You are not a Jew, Jews come from Southern Russia,Khazarksan,Bulgaria etc, so why are you clinging on to their traditions? Did Abraham, Yahzhak, Yaaqob, Noah, Dawad(David) Samuyl,Yeremyah,Etc celebrate Hannukkah? The feasts to be celebrated are listed in Lev 23 and your Hanukkah is not in that list

Salamah!
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Yisraylite(m): 2:47pm On Dec 10, 2009
Here is a map of the ancient Jewish homeland

As you can see thier home was originally in Europe before they decided with the help of the U.S and the U.k to relocate to North East Africa and claim Palestine as thier new homeland
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2009
@Yisraylite

The feasts to be celebrated are listed in Lev 23 and your Hanukkah is not in that list

If I were you I would first of all study the link given to know what the hanukkah is all about before posting.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Yisraylite(m): 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2009
@chukwudi44

If I were you I would first of all study the link given to know  what the hanukkah is all about before posting.

Bros, no need to get defensive, Lady 234 is obviously promoting Hannukkah, so again please show from the Torah were The Creator has instructed that Hannukkah be observed?

The festival of lights and  Maccabes  revolt is not in the Law and Prophets so your point is moot!

Lev 23:1 And YAHAWAH spoke to Masha(Musa,Mosheh,Moses) saying, 

Lev 23:2 "Speak to the children of Yisrayl, and say to them: 'The feasts of YAHAWAH, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts

Lev 23:1- 23:44 - Read it!

NO HANNUKKAH ! PLEASE STOP PROMOTING JEWISH CULTURE, we are already dealing with horrible effects of the white man's christianity and the Arabs Islam in Nigeria, we don't need this Jewish crap to confuse more truth seekers!

UNLESS YOU ARE READING THE TALMUD OR PRACTISING KABBALAH!

salamah!
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2009
Edit: grin cus I now realise I was wrong about Hannukah.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2009
chukwudi44:

@Yisraylite

If I were you I would first of all study the link given to know  what the hanukkah is all about before posting.

Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by EdetOkon: 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2009
No2Atheism:

- Please what is Hannukah and where is it mentioned in the Old Testament or New Testament . . .

- I am tired of just celebrating something just because others are doing it . . .

@No2Atheism
Check the link http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah
Hanukkah doesn't have to be written in the Torah to be celebrated by Jews and Messianic Jews. It is an ancient Jewish festival commemorating the miracle of the oil vessel and the victory of the Jews.
Funny enough the celebration of Hanukkah is recorded in the 1st and Second books of Maccabees which is in the Apocrypha which protestants reject but i don't reject. The celebration of the Jewish feast of Hanukkah thus gives credibility to the 1st and 2nd books of Maccabees and the entire Apocrypha.
Ahava Yeshua.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by EdetOkon: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
Yisraylite:

@ Poster

You are not a Jew, Jews come from Southern Russia,Khazarksan,Bulgaria etc, so why are you clinging on to their traditions? Did Abraham, Yahzhak, Yaaqob, Noah, Dawad(David) Samuyl,Yeremyah,Etc celebrate Hannukkah? The feasts to be celebrated are listed in Lev 23 and your Hanukkah is not in that list

Salamah!

@ Yisraylite
Did Adam celebrate Succot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succot
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by EdetOkon: 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2009
Yisraylite:

@ Poster

Salamah!

@ Yisraylite
You are obviously not Jewish because you would have known that Jews celebrate Hanukkah.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by EdetOkon: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2009
Yisraylite:

@chukwudi44

Bros, no need to get defensive, Lady 234 is obviously promoting Hannukkah, so again please show from the Torah were The Creator has instructed that Hannukkah be observed?

The festival of lights and  Maccabes  revolt is not in the Law and Prophets so your point is moot!

Lev 23:1 And YAHAWAH spoke to Masha(Musa,Mosheh,Moses) saying, 

Lev 23:2 "Speak to the children of Yisrayl, and say to them: 'The feasts of YAHAWAH, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts

Lev 23:1- 23:44 - Read it!

NO HANNUKKAH ! PLEASE STOP PROMOTING JEWISH CULTURE, we are already dealing with horrible effects of the white man's christianity and the Arabs Islam in Nigeria, we don't need this Jewish crap to confuse more truth seekers!

UNLESS YOU ARE READING THE TALMUD OR PRACTISING KABBALAH!

salamah!

Re:"NO HANNUKKAH ! PLEASE STOP PROMOTING JEWISH CULTURE, we are already dealing with horrible effects of the white man's christianity and the Arabs Islam in Nigeria, we don't need this Jewish crap to confuse more truth seekers!"

@Yisraylite
You are anti-semite. How can you say "NO HANNUKKAH ! PLEASE STOP PROMOTING JEWISH CULTURE".
Whats your own, how is it your business if Jews and messianic Jews celebrate Hanukkah or not. I think you should be reported to the moderator for promoting hate.
If you hate Jews and Messianic Jews then why visit Jewish posts.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 2:06pm On Dec 11, 2009
Edet Okon:

@No2Atheism
Check the link http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah
Hanukkah doesn't have to be written in the Torah to be celebrated by Jews and Messianic Jews. It is an ancient Jewish festival commemorating the miracle of the oil vessel and the victory of the Jews.
Funny enough the celebration of Hanukkah is recorded in the 1st and Second books of Maccabees which is in the Apocrypha which protestants reject but i don't reject. The celebration of the Jewish feast of Hanukkah thus gives credibility to the 1st and 2nd books of Maccabees and the entire Apocrypha.
Ahava Yeshua.

- The Apocrypha existed before The Messiah and the Disciples. . . hence the question is, did the Messiah consider Apocryha rubbish or worthy of usage.

- Church History shows why Protestants rejected the Apocrypha, hence your statments hold no water as far as I am concerned, cus its not a matter of choice instead its a matter of eternal life and eternal death of souls of men. Thus your personal opinion is worthless as far as spiritual matters are concerned.

- THE WHOLE IDEA OF BEING SAVED REVOLVES AROUND THE FOLLOWING:

1. LOVE THE CREATOR AND KEEP HIS COMMANDEMENTS.
2. LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2009
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edet Okon:

@ Yisraylite
You are obviously not Jewish because you would have known that Jews celebrate Hanukkah.

Edet Okon:

Re:"NO HANNUKKAH ! PLEASE STOP PROMOTING JEWISH CULTURE, we are already dealing with horrible effects of the white man's christianity and the Arabs Islam in Nigeria, we don't need this Jewish crap to confuse more truth seekers!"

@Yisraylite
You are anti-semite. How can you say "NO HANNUKKAH ! PLEASE STOP PROMOTING JEWISH CULTURE".
Whats your own, how is it your business if Jews and messianic Jews celebrate Hanukkah or not. I think you should be reported to the moderator for promoting hate.
If you hate Jews and Messianic Jews then why visit Jewish posts.

- What exactly is the meaning of the word "Jewish".

- Who is Jewish.

- Who is a Jew.

- Who is an Isrealite.

- Who are the Lembas.

- Who are the Falasha Jews.

- Who are the Askhenazis.

- Who are the Sephardins.

- Why do the Lembas and Falasha look like "Black people" and the popular commonly known jew look like an "European"

- Who is a Semite.

- Who is Anti-Semite.

- Are Arabs Semite.

- Are Arabs anti-semite.

- How can a Semite person be Anti-Semite.

@edetokon

When you attempt to answer the following questions given above would reveal to you how brainwashed you have been wrong and why your own statements are not really worthy of being responded to cus they only show how mis-informed you are about what you are trying to defend. Not to worry, I was also once like you as regards issues like that hence I would give you the benefit of the excuse of you saying what you know nothing about.

ONCE AGAIN LET ME STATE: IF THE CREATOR DID NOT TELL YOU TO DO SOMETHING AND YOU GO AHEAD TO DO IT, THEN IT IS SIMPLY WHAT IS CALLED TRADITIONS OF MEN.
[size=14pt]
ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, TRADITIONS OF MEN ARE WORTHLESS AND OFTEN HERETIC.[/size]
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Lady234: 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2009
Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaaah
Haa
Ha
Aaaaah
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 2:21pm On Dec 11, 2009
Lady 234:

@chukwudi44
I'm a Messianic Jew and i use the Apocrypha. The account of the celebration of Hanukkah is obviously in Maccabees. Follow the link i gave.

Happy Hanukkah Everyone plus Yisraylite the heretic.

- How do you know you a Jew . . .

- Are you a descendant of Judah . . .

- Are you a descendant of the Ancient Isrealite . . .

- As it also become heretic to speak the truth . . .

- Was the Maccabees considered worthy by the Disciples and the Messiah . . . or was it used the Pharasees.

- Did the Creator give Isrealites the Babylonian Talmud.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Lady234: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaaah
Haa
Ha
Aaaaah
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2009
Merry Christmas to our Christian friends, happy Hanukkah to our Jewish friends, and to our atheist friends, good luck.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2009
Lady 234:

@ Yisraylite
Did i hear you say Jewish crap. You bigot
You quote the Bible like the devil.

- I do not support people insulting each other . . . hence please  do not call him a bigot and he also should not use the word jewish crap.

- I am always for speaking the truth always and at all times even if it hurts those considered to be friends.

- In as much as I do not support some of the things being said by Yisraylite, a significant number of his statements are very valid.

- The issue here is that traditions of men are not the same thing as festivals sanctioned by the Creator hence we need to be careful that what we are celebrating is in fact biblical.

- Because people choose to celebrate christmas does not mean it is biblical . . . .

- If something is not biblical . . .then please counte me out. . . irrespective of the number of people doing it.

- [size=15pt]Can you please answer the questions that I have raised earlier. . . .
[/size]
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2009
@Lady234

Let me repeat the questions again:

- How do you know you a Jew . . . i.e. why do you call yourself a Jew.

- Has it also become heretical to speak the truth . . .

- Was the Maccabees considered worthy and acceptable by The Messiah and the Disciples . . . or was it used by the Pharasees.

- Did The Creator give Isrealites the Babylonian Talmud. . . or is it also the works of men.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Who is Jewish.

- Who is a Jew.

- Who is an Isrealite.

- Who are the Lembas.

- Why do the Lembas and Falasha look like "Black people" and the popular commonly known jew look like an "European"

- Who is a Semite.

- Who is Anti-Semite.

- Are Arabs Semite.

- Are Arabs anti-semite.

ONCE AGAIN LET ME STATE: IF THE CREATOR DID NOT TELL YOU TO DO SOMETHING AND YOU GO AHEAD TO DO IT, THEN IT IS SIMPLY WHAT IS CALLED TRADITIONS OF MEN.
[size=14pt]
ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, TRADITIONS OF MEN ARE WORTHLESS AND OFTEN HERETIC.[/size]
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Yisraylite(m): 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2009
@ Lady234

grin oops I guess I must have hit a sensitve nerve there! Your petty attempts at insults are like water off a ducks' back. The TRUTH shall stand regardless of what you choose to do,You are not from Eastern Europe and you copying these  Jews Eastern European traditions is your choice, But no one will ever find the observance of Hannukkah in the LAW & PROPHETS.

So go light up your menorah and pretend to be Jewish , The Ashkenazi Jews don't even care for Africans, They even call them Kushi in Israel today a term of contempt  on par with the word Nigger!! undecided
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Yisraylite(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2009
@ Lady 234 & Edet Okon

[b]Keep the insults coming while I bring raw knowledge wisdom and overstanding grin

NOW TAKE HEED TO THESE WORDS OF WISDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer 23:29 "Is not My word like a fire?" says YAHAWAH, "And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

Pro 30:6 Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar

Deu 4:2 You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of YAHAWAH your FATHER which I command you. 

Deu 12:32 "Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it

Ecc 3:14   I know that whatever YAHAWAH does,It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it.YAHAWAH does it, that men should be reverent before Him.

Jos 1:8   "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

The New Testament has been found to be a Liar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abba YAHAWAH says through the Prophet Yahshayah(Isaiah) this:

48:12-  "Listen to Me, O Yahqob, And Yis'rayl, My called: I AM  HE, I AM THE FIRST, I AM ALSO THE LAST.

Yer 5:22   Do you not fear Me?' says YAHAWAH. 'Will you not tremble at My presence, Who have placed the sand as the bound of the sea,By a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass beyond it?And though its waves toss to and fro,Yet they cannot prevail; Though they roar, yet they cannot pass over it.

Isa 42:8 I am YAHAWAH, that is My NAME; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images.

While Ea-Zeus(JESUS) a.k.a Yahshua Messiah in the lying Testament says this:

Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, [the] Beginning and [the] End, the First and the Last."

So Who is the True First and Last? YAHAWAH or Jesus?

This is an attempt by Zeus and the Vatican to steal that which rightfully belongs to our Abba YAHAWAH!!

YAHAWAH is the First and also the last !!!!!  Not  Ea-Zeus Christos a.k.a Yahshua Messiah (same greek conception with a hebrew name) !!!!!!!

YAHAWAH says this about HIS TABENACLE & HIS CITY, HOLY MT ZION:

Zec 1:16 'Therefore thus says YAHAWAH: "I am returning to Yahrushalayim with mercy; My house shall be built in it," says YAHAWAH of hosts, "And a surveyor's line shall be stretched out over Yahrushalayim."

Isa 44:26 That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Yahrushalayim, You shall be be inhabited; and to the cities of Yahadah, you shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:   

Isa 45:13 I have raised him(Dawad - ) up in righteousness, And I will direct all his ways; He shall build My city And let My exiles go free, Not for price nor reward," Says YAHAWAH of hosts.

Psa 69:35 For YAHAWAH will save Zion And build the cities of Yahadah, That they may dwell there and possess it. 

Psa 102:16 For YAHAWAH shall build up Zion; He shall appear in His glory.

Isa 58:12 Those from among you Shall build the old waste places; You shall raise up the foundations of many generations; And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In

Amo 9:11 "On that day I will raise up The tabernacle of Dawad, which has fallen down, And repair its damages; I will raise up its ruins, And rebuild it as in the days of old;

YAHAWAH says in the LAW & Prophets that He shall rebuild Zion so His people may dwell there When HE appears!!!! 

While Jesus & John and the Vatican  write in the fake Revelations that  Zion shall come from outter space:

Rev 21:2 Then I, John,  saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God

These two recorded accounts can not co-exist,they both can't be true, so which one you believe to be true? Again, according to the original scripts, Abba shall build up Zion not fly Zion in from outter space!!!

Ya nah learn dis in ah u Jesus school  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More?

This is the part that I utterly find most dis-tasteful!!

YAHAWAH DOES NOT APPROVE OF, OR ACCEPT A HUMAN BEING'S BLOOD FOR SACRIFICE AS THE HEATHEN GODS(ELOHYIM) DO.

Eze 16:20"Moreover you took your sons and your daughters, whom you bore to Me, and these you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your acts of harlotry a small matter,

Yer 32:35 And they built the high places of Baal which are in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through [the fire] to Molech, which I did not command them, nor did it come into My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Yahadah to sin.

Yer 31:30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity; every man who eats the sour grapes, his teeth shall be set on edge.

Yet Yisrayl continues to believe that YAHAWAH received the blood of  Yehoshuah as a sacrifice for sins of the world.

This is a pure paganistic doctrine and conception .

Remember! YAHAWAH WILL NEVER LET ANYONE DIE FOR YOUR SINS – EZE 18:20, & YAHAWAH NEVER LET ABRAHAM SPILL ISAAC'S BLOOD either, HE provided an ram for that - Gen 22:13 (so much for the shadow of things to come doctrine)

2, Yisrayl does not eat human flesh nor drink human blood whether be it spiritually speaking or otherwise this is against the Law of YAHAWAH. It is a vile and utterly disgusting thought that we should even consider having this thought in our mind where the Laws of YAHAWAH SHOULD dwell.

Gen 9:4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

Lev 7:26 Moreover you shall not eat any blood in any of your dwellings, whether of bird or beast.

Lev 7:27 Whoever eats any blood, that person shall be cut off from his people.' "

Deu 12:23 Only be sure that you do not eat the blood, for the blood is the life; you may not eat the life with the meat.

1Sa 14:33 Then they told Shaul, saying, "Look, the people are sinning against YAHAWAH by eating with the blood!" So he said, "You have dealt treacherously; roll a large stone to me this day."

Yet  J-zeus a.k.a Yahshua(Yehoshua) supposedly made  abominable statements like this:

Jhn 6:53   Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.(Dem ah vampire !!!!!!!!!! )

Jhn 6:54   "Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. (teaching you to practice spiritual cannibalism)

Jhn 6:55   "For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.

Jhn 6:56   "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.

Jhn 6:57   "As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.

Jhn 6:58   "This is the bread which came down from heaven--not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever."

These are animals that Abba has chosen to eat the flesh and drink the blood not Yisrayl!:

Eze 39:17 "And as for you, son of man, thus says YAHAWAH, 'Speak to every sort of bird and to every beast of the field: "Assemble yourselves and come; Gather together from all sides to My sacrificial meal Which I am sacrificing for you, A great sacrificial meal on the mountains of Yis'rayl, That you may eat flesh and drink blood. 

Eze 39:18 You shall eat the flesh of the mighty, Drink the blood of the princes of the earth, Of rams and lambs, Of goats and bulls, All of them fatlings of Bashan

Abba YAH says this about all flesh i.e mankind:

Isa 66:23   And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another,and from one Sabbath to another, ALL FLESH shall come to worship before Me," says YAHAWAH.

While Yahshua (Jesus) and Shaul(Paul) say this

1Cr 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God [fn] in heaven

What!!!

YAHAWAH says ALL FLESH shall come up to worship HIM in HIS KINGDOM, but the false prophet Paul says flesh & blood can't inherit the kingdom of God!! He may be correct in that you can not inherit something that does not exist  smiley Lol!!

For more please see the next post !!!!!!

Salamah[/b]
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2009
Yisraylite:

@ Lady234

grin oops I guess I must have hit a sensitve nerve there! Your petty attempts at insults are like water off a ducks' back. The TRUTH shall stand regardless of what you choose to do,You are not from Eastern Europe and you copying these  Jews Eastern European traditions is your choice, But no one will ever find the observance of Hannukkah in the LAW & PROPHETS.

So go light up your menorah and pretend to be Jewish , The Ashkenazi Jews don't even care for Africans, They even call them Kushi in Israel today a term of contempt  on par with the word Nigger!! undecided

Wow shocked shocked shocked is that so . . . interesting.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
My own problem with all this Jews or no Jews thingy today is that Yes I support the right of the descendants of Isrealites to the Land of Isreal.

- However the big problem is that who exactly are the present day descendants of the Ancient Isrealites. . . is it the "white looking" people claiming to be Jews in present day State of Isreal or "Is it some yet unknown set of people".

Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2009
- I have not[b] studies[/b] the link. .

Please go and learn the english language

Please what is Hannukah and where is it mentioned in the Old Testament or New Testament

yes the hanukkah or festival of the rededication is mentioned in both the old and new testaments.

It was mentioned in 1st and 2nd books of macabees as well as in the gospel of John 10:22,it is amazing to note that even Jesus attended this feast which means that he definitely recognised and honoured the accounts of the macabees.

- You can save me the trouble of studying the link by kindly showing me how "Hannukkah" is biblical . . . I would gladly celebrate it if it is mentioned and sactioned in the Bible.

- Did the Messiah celebrate Hannukah. . . i sincerely do not know . . .and to be frank I am too lazy to find out, hence I would appreciate a referenced answer to this question.

- Was there something called Hannukah before time of The Messiah, during the time of The Messiah and after the time of The Messiah. . . i sincerely do not know . . .and to be frank I am too lazy to find out, hence I would also appreciate a referenced answer to this question

I think your questions has been answered in the reply above ,it was definitely mentioned in both the OT and NT

@lady 234 and edet okon

I keep wondering why the jews rejected the books of the macabees and yet still clings to this feast that was instituted by Judas macabees.

The protestant rejection of the deuterenocanmonical books of macabees is hinged on it's rejection by the jewish council of jamnia in 90CE.

It is a pity that most people who carry about the protestant bible are ignorant of the personality of judas macabees and his heroic role in jewish history.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2009
chukwudi44:

shocked shocked shocked  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

- Very funny . . . your baiting would work better on someone else . . .  grin grin grin . . .try harder next time.

- Internet protocol gives room for making a few typos here and there . . .

- Trust me am probably the last person you should be saying that to . . . wink wink . . . those who know me personally would testify that you are way off base on that one . . .

- Thanks for being my volunteer human spell checker . . . see its not so bad to  nice grin

-------------------------------------

chukwudi44:

yes the hanukkah or festival of the rededication is mentioned in both the old and new testaments.

It was mentioned in 1st and 2nd books of macabees as well as in the gospel of John 10:22,it is amazing to note that even Jesus attended this feast which means that he definitely recognised and honoured the accounts of the macabees.
I think your questions has been answered in the reply above ,it was definitely mentioned in both the OT and NT

- Apocrypha is an heretical collection of books hence it holds no value to me a Bible believing person  . . . am not suprised that Catholics hold dear to it cus it helps you justify your idolatory . . .

- Maccabees is junk to me . . . so don't even bother . . . cus I do not recognise it . . .

- Kindly show me where and how The Messiah and the Disciples used the Apocrypha books . . .

- Apocrypha is heresy . . .

- It is my understanding that The Messiah and The Disciples [b]never quoted nor alluded [/b]to the Apocrypha books . . .hence as far as I am concerned . . . they are just a piece of heretical junk.
------------------------------------

- Yes you are partly correct . . . it was mentioned in the New Testament . . .how am not sure about Old Testament cus I do not reckon with the Apocryha.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 6:27pm On Dec 11, 2009
Let me repeat the questions again:

- How do you know you a Jew . . . i.e. why do you call yourself a Jew.

- Has it also become heretical to speak the truth . . .

- Was the Maccabees considered worthy and acceptable by The Messiah and the Disciples . . . or was it used by the Pharasees.

- Did The Creator give Isrealites the Babylonian Talmud. . . or is it also the works of men.

- Who is Jewish.

- Who is a Jew.

- Who is an Isrealite.

- Who are the Lembas.

- Who is a Semite.

- Who is Anti-Semite.

- Are Arabs Semite.

- Are Arabs anti-semite.

[size=14pt]
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Lady234: 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2009
Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaaah
Haa
Ha
Aaaaah
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 6:34pm On Dec 11, 2009
I want to learn . . . grin

Can someone please confirm to me whether or not

Feast of Dedication is the same thing as Festival of Lights.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Lady234: 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2009
Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaaah
Haa
Ha
Aaaaah
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 6:44pm On Dec 11, 2009
John 10 : 22

22 ¶ And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.

23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

1. Once again can someone please confirm to me whether the feast of dedication is the same thing as the festival of lights.

2. According the following dictionary quotation:

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Feast+of+Dedication

Hanukkah

In Judaism, a holiday celebrating the rededication of the Second Temple of Jerusalem in 164 BC, after its desecration three years earlier by order of Antiochus IV Epiphanes. The Maccabees recaptured Jerusalem and reconsecrated the Temple after leading a successful revolt against Syrian rule. The lighting of the menorah recalls the story that a one-day supply of oil burned miraculously in the Temple for eight days until new oil could be obtained. Sometimes called the Feast of Dedication or Feast of Lights, it is celebrated for eight days in December, during which the ceremonial candles are lit and children play games and receive gifts. Originally a minor holiday, it has become more lavishly celebrated as a result of its proximity to Christmas.

[size=15pt]
Hence based on what @chukwudi said and based on the bible verse that he quoted, I conceed and now realise that Hannukah was mentioned in the Bible even during the time of the Messiah.

I was wrong to guess that it was not mentioned in the Bible, I apologise.
[/size]
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2009
Lady 234:

Yes its the same thing.

I have seen it  . . . I was wrong about Hakkunah, please accept my apologies . . . (this apology goes to @Lady234, @chukwudi and @edenokon)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Christain Fundamentalism Does To People! / Merry Christmas! / You May Never Have Heard Of This, So Pay Attention.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.