Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,307 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC (28143 Views)

LASTMA, 7UP Officials Clash As Ambode Is Stuck In Traffic / Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency / Reps Clash Over Buhari’s Health Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by ZAWs: 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
Published February 22, 2017

By John Ameh, Abuja

Members of the House of Representatives had a brief noisy session on Wednesday as another lawmaker defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the ruling All Progressives Congress.
Incidentally, the member who defected on Wednesday, Mr. Emmanuel Ukoette, is from Akwa Ibom State, a PDP stronghold.
The lawmaker said the PDP was in factions to a point he no longer knew whether there was still a political party.
“I have decided to join the APC, where there is focus”, he told the session, which was presided over by the Speaker, Mr. Yakubu Dogara.
But, his former PDP colleagues did not take kindly to the reason he gave for defecting.
They shouted him down and accused him of being a “disappointment” to the PDP.
There was more drama when APC lawmakers promptly came to the defence of Ukoette, saying that he had taken the right decision.
The Majority Leader of the House, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, and the Minority Leader, Mr. Leo Ogor, also exchanged words over the decision of Ukoette.
As Ogor raised a point of order and rose to oppose the defection, Dogara took sides with Ukoette and Gbajabiamila.
The speaker said, “Before the minority leader speaks, he must first tell us which PDP he belongs to.
“Are you in the (Ahmed) Makarfi group or the Sheriff group? Tell us.”

Source:
http://punchng.com/reps-clash-as-another-pdp-member-defects-to-apc/

13 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by madridguy(m): 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
The speaker said, “Before the minority leader speaks, he must first tell us which PDP he belongs to.

PDP una see una life? I stand with Sheriff to re-kill the dead satanic party. grin

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by ZAWs: 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2017
Before the minority leader speaks, he must first tell us which PDP he belongs to.

The joke is certainly on pdp now.
What an irony!

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by Mynd44: 5:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
"The speaker said, “Before the minority leader speaks, he must first tell us which PDP he belongs to.

Bars mehn.
This is a freaking rap battle.

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
PDP: "oya, come"
APC:"I'm not running, you too come " grin

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by Dhaffs(m): 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
All dis parties re in crisis yet pple ins nd out angry[center][/center] grin
Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by obaival(m): 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
Clash of Titan
Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by tribalistseun: 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
All this OPPORTUNIST defecting hope they know that election will come again. cos as long as we are concern, APC is FORBIDDEN IN SOUTH SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by kennyjam: 5:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
All Past Criminals going to their real hood. They're restrategizing on how to do what THEY KNOW HOW TO DO BEST......... ...

They Sign, Million upon Millions enter Their accounts!

The Money you guys are sharing, diaris God oooo.... By First Lady Jona(your quote remains valid ).

#Remember I did not read the news, i only worked on the heading and made my comment# thanks for understanding me.
Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by Dejijossy(m): 5:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
Good one from the speaker

4 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by Dhaffs(m): 5:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
Wel,it is over to i grin

1 Like

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by greatgod2012(f): 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
Shame on PDP for not being able to put their house in order!

8 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by AniTech(m): 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
Its over for PDP in this country!!!

6 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by RickyRoSss: 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
cry
Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by effty(m): 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
Is the APC the only party to defect to?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by Nairalane: 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
Op, please move this thread from politics to crime section, "They Clashed". Or am I the only one that saw that " Clash". Just noisy session. Then Investigate the Clash now, see the op self.

1 Like

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by Randy100: 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
Real men don't jump ship when it is tough.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by ChetaNwaeze: 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by oruma19: 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
ZAWs:
Published February 22, 2017

By John Ameh, Abuja

Members of the House of Representatives had a brief noisy session on Wednesday as another lawmaker defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the ruling All Progressives Congress.
Incidentally, the member who defected on Wednesday, Mr. Emmanuel Ukoette, is from Akwa Ibom State, a PDP stronghold.
The lawmaker said the PDP was in factions to a point he no longer knew whether there was still a political party.
“I have decided to join the APC, where there is focus”, he told the session, which was presided over by the Speaker, Mr. Yakubu Dogara.
But, his former PDP colleagues did not take kindly to the reason he gave for defecting.
They shouted him down and accused him of being a “disappointment” to the PDP.
There was more drama when APC lawmakers promptly came to the defence of Ukoette, saying that he had taken the right decision.
The Majority Leader of the House, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, and the Minority Leader, Mr. Leo Ogor, also exchanged words over the decision of Ukoette.
As Ogor raised a point of order and rose to oppose the defection, Dogara took sides with Ukoette and Gbajabiamila.

Source:
http://punchng.com/reps-clash-as-another-pdp-member-defects-to-apc/
. This is house of commotion... He has crossed the carpet to become a saint... But wait ooo, which faction of pdp does Leo Igor belong to? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by sakalisis(m): 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by Hezbola: 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
Tell us which faction you belong to....

2 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by emi14: 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
Shame unto Nigerian politicians
Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by EazyMoh(m): 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
ZAWs:
Before the minority leader speaks, he must first tell us which PDP he belongs to.
grin grin grin
O boy see uppercut!
I haff die!

20 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by OchukoisBlack(m): 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
Mynd44:
"The speaker said, “Before the minority leader speaks, he must first tell us which PDP he belongs to.

Bars mehn.
This is a freaking rap battle.

grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by SageTravels: 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ashawo
Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by AK6464(m): 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
a
Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by nairalandfreak(m): 5:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ojo awon pdp lara

3 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
When I look at the pdp and apc, all i see is political prostitutes who only have the interest of their pockets at heart,they can fall over themselves, meteeeeew

8 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by ZAWs: 5:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
oruma19:
. This is house of commotion... He has crossed the carpet to become a saint... But wait ooo, which faction of pdp does Leo Igor belong to? grin grin

We wouldn't know.
But we've cut yet another BIG fish.
According to senator Smart Adeyemi's voice grin

2 Likes

Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by cygnus05(m): 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by Majoriki: 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
Dp
Re: Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC by omenkaLives(m): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
Anything to make PDP die and never resurrect is welcome! grin

Minority leader should tell us which faction he belongs, according to speaker. grin grin

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu Meets President Buhari, Presents His Re-election Form (photos) / Edwin Clark: Mamman Daura Is Cabal Leader In Aso Rock, Garba Shehu Is Errand Boy / 2016 Budget Allocation: Sharing The Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.