Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business (2275 Views)

Cooking Gas Refilling Business Plan In Nigeria / How Do I Start A Gas Refilling Shop / In Need Of Ideas To Start Gas Refilling Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Habisoye: 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2017
Good day all,

I recently opened a gas refilling business opposite my wife's shop at Oyingbo area of Lagos, but it's not moving and I collected the money I used to set it up from my wife's Ororo business capital to buy the cylinders and the gas inside.

Now am contemplating of closing the gas biz down cos customers hardly come to refill. U can't believe in a day we refill less down 12kg, sometimes nothing atall and the sales boy I put there needs to receive his own salary.

My fellow nairalanders please kindly advice me on the type of business I can switch to and that we move the market in that Oyingbo area please as it has affect my wife's capital seriously.
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
follow your heart bro
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Godmother(f): 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
Its a new business and new businesses take time to break even. Give it time bro

2 Likes

Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by maradelkitchen(f): 7:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
Just when I was about starting my own.does it mean its not lucrative or its your environs.
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by ojun50(m): 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
Gas business i think u need a better location,

2 Likes

Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Theyveedo(m): 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
When did u begin the business?

Try to be patient
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
DONT PLS
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
DONT PLS. Patience and persistence is an important ingredient in the success of any business.
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Ab4all(m): 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
Its a new business like someone earlier pointed out. give it some time and make sure anyone that comes to fill has every reason to come back once its exhausted. engage your customers in constructive and conversation that will make them feel you care beyond business interest.
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Ab4all(m): 8:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
Its a new business like someone earlier pointed out. give it some time and make sure anyone that comes to fill has every reason to come back once its exhausted. engage your customers in constructive and conversation that will make them feel you care beyond business interest. your wife can also "talk up" your business with her customers who comes to buy from her.
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
Get customers, or move to a place where people use gas more than stove. It's a new business let people know you, advertise.

1 Like

Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Bwaal(m): 11:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
Habisoye:
Good day all,

I recently opened a gas refilling business opposite my wife's shop at Oyingbo area of Lagos, but it's not moving and I collected the money I used to set it up from my wife's Ororo business capital to buy the cylinders and the gas inside.

Now am contemplating of closing the gas biz down cos customers hardly come to refill. U can't believe in a day we refill less down 12kg, sometimes nothing atall and the sales boy I put there needs to receive his own salary.

My fellow nairalanders please kindly advice me on the type of business I can switch to and that we move the market in that Oyingbo area please as it has affect my wife's capital seriously.

I can buy ur cylinders
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Habisoye: 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
I started the Gas business last month. And I think may be it's becox the place is a market area and not a residential area.

The place is strictly a passer's by area and can this be a negative contribution?
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
your choice of location is your problem, why siting a gas station in a market place of places? haba, having the raw cash at hand is not the only yardstick for running a successful business. Your own case is just like the case of some one trying to open a computer business center and the person choose to site his or her business in a residential area. you better relocate your business
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by aieromon(m): 11:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
Habisoye:
I started the Gas business last month. And I think may be it's becox the place is a market area and not a residential area.

The place is strictly a passer's by area and can this be a negative contribution?

Bad location. I suggest you offer home services to residents closest to the shop. Print flyers and share or just spread the word by mouth.

1 Like

Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Emmy9ite(m): 5:31am On Feb 24, 2017
@O.P; Just as people have rightly stated, your business location is affecting you. In business, demography matters a lot. (For example) You don't site a gas station where majority of the persons there use firewood or kerosine stove. What you need to do now is to do now is either change your location or do more publicity in places where people need gas and do home pick up and delivery..
Another factor could be that some other gas station is offering a better price, find out.
Come to think of it, i am about starting my own gas business and i am still doing research. How much did you start with?
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by bolajiboi(m): 7:31am On Feb 24, 2017
Oga u started d biz last month and u expect to rake in millions of profit just like magic Abi. My advice is don't close d shop, all u need is an awareness starting from your neighbor,friends market woman. Offer Free home delivery Service or collect small amount like 100/200#. Get distribute handbill get a sticker including ur contact. And above all never short fill ur customer gas. Then again if u can open on Sunday. Pls do. People going to church and mosque will know u open on Sunday whenever they need to refill on Sunday. My little advice. With time u will b selling 10 bottles of 12kg daily and keep smiling to d bank. Patience is d key in every business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by 1stNumeroUno: 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Dear OP, I can understand how you feel. Though the numerous advice above is that you should be patient but can you really wait? So, you need to discuss with your wife and agree when you can start repayment - pls set only realistic time/date. Pls, no let your wife Ororo bizness die o. It won't pay you at all.
Then you have to aggressively market and device serious sales strategy.
Reduce operational cost - the only one I can see here now is the Sales boy's salary. Let him know his wages will be target-determined now. Make sure you're on ground at your spare time (if you're doing other bizness primarily).
Best of luck sir.
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by Novak(m): 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
Let's discuss on marketing, what's your WhatsApp?
Re: Should I Close My Gas Refilling Business by janefarms2015: 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
Dont close it down, be more innovative, introduce home delivery services, reduce your price with a few naira, print and distribute handbills indicating the home delivery services, I wish you success

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy Bale Of Grade "A" Uk Used Shoes And Cloth / How To Earn N200 Upto N5,000 Via Z-union App / How Nigerian Companies Can Survive Without Bank Loans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.