Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics (31674 Views)

Kaduna hospital in search of family of boy whose Mum died in accident (Graphic) / Baby Born Without Ear In A Nigerian Hospital Due To Use Of Contraceptives / Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by doctokwus: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
helpee:
that girl had a thrombophlebitis so it was into the vein. The fact that he is a sickler further predisposed the girl to vaso-occlusive crisis meaming blood flow to the affected limb could be further compromised leading to gangrene. Forget the recent genotype that was done. The patient is likely a sickler.
AbuadStudent:

i understand, but maybe bacteria wasnt introduced into the vein, rather, the brief puncture site made by the needle could be the cause, it could be the tissue wound that was infected. and besides, it really could have been a saphenous cutdown, which involves extensive tissie damage.
helpee:
that girl had a thrombophlebitis so it was into the vein. The fact that he is a sickler further predisposed the girl to vaso-occlusive crisis meaming blood flow to the affected limb could be further compromised leading to gangrene. Forget the recent genotype that was done. The patient is likely a sickler.
KK
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by AbuadStudent(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
helpee:

the proper test was done in a teaching hospital. she isn't sickler.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by eaglechild: 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
Everyone has already started blaming the doctor.

Is it not the laboratory scientist that ran the investigation in question.

Besides we don't know what transpired between time of discharge and readmission
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by eaglechild: 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
hungryboy:
This is sad
I just hope the girl's parent will sue the hospital for whatever it's worth
Na this kind thing dey make me no blame Politicians too much were dey go abroad for common headache treatment
I no trust Nigerian doctors at all
Even na me get money
Na UK i for dey go treat my malaria like Buhari

It is the medical lab scientist that ran the investigation but we are so quick to join the band wagon that castigates doctors.

Nigerian medical graduates are some of the best in the developed world e.g. Omalu and many others so stop taking trash.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by nelszx: 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
eaglechild:
Everyone has already started blaming the doctor.

Is it not the laboratory scientist that ran the investigation in question.

Besides we don't know what transpired between time of discharge and readmission

You don't blame someone who's a quack as most private hospitals don't engage the services of a qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists due to cost of hiring one rather dey prefer quacks (SLT and MCB) to pose as the scientist (the ABUTH result has proven the initial diagnosis was from quack). Blame the hospital for using quacks and not the "laboratory scientist".

Back to your point, the reason you can blame the supposed quack who ran the test but the hospital is this. Genotype has nothing to do with why she was infused/transfused.
She might suffer gangrene from a nosocomial infection due to phlebitis (the reason the leg was getting swollen).

The hospital should be investigated upon should there be proof of quack patronisation then it should be sued for murder and man slaughter.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by eaglechild: 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
nelszx:

You don't blame someone who's a quack as most private hospitals don't engage the services of a qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists due to cost of hiring one rather dey prefer quacks (SLT and MCB) to pose as the scientist (the ABUTH result has proven the initial diagnosis was from quack). Blame the hospital
for using quacks and not the "laboratory scientist".

Back to your point, the reason you can blame the supposed quack who ran the test but the hospital is this. Genotype has nothing to do with why she was infused/transfused.
She might suffer gangrene from a nosocomial infection due to phlebitis (the reason the leg was getting swollen).

The hospital should be investigated upon should there be proof of quack patronisation then it should be sued for murder and man slaughter.
The swelling occured while the patient was at home .

Anything could have happened. The swelling cannot be categorically attributed to nosocomial infection especially as it developed at home.

If the genotype was faulty then the Haemoglobin conc and other investigations which culminated in the transfusion taking place may be faulty too.

My grouse is simply people jumping in to blame the doctor when the write up doesn't even suggest any negligence on his part.
If you claim that the investigation may not have been done by a certified scientist than it is possible the patient was not even treated by a certified medical practitioner.

I am in total agreement that the hospital should be investigated.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by Sleekdude4u(m): 5:02am On Feb 24, 2017
Buhari sef

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis / 91 Begin Quarantine As More Returnees Take Land Borders / Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.