Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:19 AM

2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site (14706 Views)

Anambra Commissioner Of Works & Federal Controller Visit 2nd Niger Bridge- PIX / Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge / Anambra Residents Commend Buhari On 2nd Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by opalu: 8:26am On Feb 23, 2017
Wow
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by anonimi: 8:27am On Feb 23, 2017
raker300:
How many damn times are they gon "mobilize contractors". At this point you folks are just lying to yoselves...

No wonder this country was listed as most corrupt country in the world.. criminals!!!!

Ebola Owu and his Association of ProgreTHIEF Criminals, APC party collaborators are the chief culprit. angry sad

The Dummy Sold by Obasanjo on Second Niger Bridge
Feb 8, 2010

There is no contract for the construction of a second Niger Bridge which former President Olusegun Obasanjo flagged off five days before he left office in May 2007

It was, at the time, seen as probably Olusegun Obasanjo’s last gift to the nation. Its timing suggested so. On May 24, 2007, with just five days to the end of his tenure, the former Nigerian president announced the flag-off of the contract for the second River Niger Bridge.

The announcement came as good news to many, especially those who had long canvassed for a new bridge to complement the existing one. But their joy and hope soon began to give way to disappointment when no sign of construction work was noticed and the people’s hope started to wane shortly after Obasanjo’s tenure ended. The contract, said to have been awarded under a Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) arrangement, was to involve the governments of Delta and Anambra States. They were to partner with the federal government to finance the project. But not long after Obasanjo left office, the Peter Obi administration came out to say that there was no such contract. Since then, more government officials have spoken on the matter, but the real status of the contract was not known.

The truth has, however, now come to light, [b]three years after the project was allegedly flagged off.[/b] Hassan Muhammad Lawal, minister of works, housing and urban development, at a media briefing in Abuja on January 29, comfirmed that no contract was awarded for the construction of the second Niger Bridge. Hassan’s confirmation came as answer to a question asked by a Newswatch reporter who demanded to know the true position of the contract purportedly awarded in May 2007. Lawal, in reply, said that no such contract existed even though he is aware that the flag-off ceremony for the project was done during the Obasanjo administration. Besides the ceremony, he said, there was no contractual agreement between the federal government and any contractor for the project.

Although Lawal said government was considering the construction of a second Niger Bridge, he insisted that nothing yet had been done, and that, as the minister of works, he has not come across any document showing that such contract existed. “That there was a flag-off ceremony does not mean that there was a contract award,” Lawal said. He explained that under the planned action for the construction of the second Niger Bridge, the governments of Delta and Anambra were supposed to have made available some funds as their counterpart contribution for the project, but none of the states has paid any money yet.

More from: http://www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish/Africa_8/The-Dummy-Sold-by-Obasanjo-on-Second-Niger-Bridge_printer.shtml

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:32am On Feb 23, 2017
Over hyped "second Niger bridge ". Who is kidding who.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by PassingShot(m): 8:36am On Feb 23, 2017
raker300:
How many damn times are they gon "mobilize contractors". At this point you folks are just lying to yoselves...

No wonder this country was listed as most corrupt country in the world.. criminals!!!!
Just to educate you:

1. A country which fights and exposes corrupt practices such as Dasuki's, Diezani's, Alex Badeh's, Akpobolokemi's, Andrew Yakubu's etc, will always occupy top position in the ranking.

2. A country which doesn't fight or expose such practices, as we used to have under GEJ, will occupy lower ranking position since TI will rely mostly on hearsay and newspaper report to arrive at their decision.

Some of you need to go get quality education to know how things work.

2 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by bishop4life(m): 8:51am On Feb 23, 2017
raker300:
you lie a lot this man, stop it!!!

No one said the bridge was nearing completion

As of 2015, these are the pictures of the 2nd bridge..

Work has not progressed beyond this point

Read about the bridge as of 2015 https://www.naij.com/544601-see-amazing-photos-second-niger-bridge.html

He is not lying, he is just being a patriot . That's how patriots do. Remind him the second Niger bridge is still at same stage after so many mobilisation this government.

Before 2015 I never liked gej, but I never believed buhari was an option because of his hate speeches on issues like book haram and 2011 elections ,and also for the fact that I hate same old gentlemen sailing Nigeria aground since it was birthed. but after the 2015 election I had hoped he would prove me wrong by uniting all corners of Nigeria together. but I was right. just that while I thought he is sadistic and North centered, I never knew he was clueless and corrupt.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by sandman007: 8:52am On Feb 23, 2017
When you fail to realise this ranking was under your hero
raker300:

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by DonCortino: 8:53am On Feb 23, 2017
sarrki:
God Almighty please hear the masses cry

Help us return baba back to our great country safe

We missed him so much

I mean we the progressives

Prof is holding on well

God bless muhammadu Buhari

God Bless Yemi Osinbajo

Long live federal republic of Nigeria

Be careful what u wish for! If u hear what d masses are crying for eh! U will reverse that ur line.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by Luvdk(f): 8:58am On Feb 23, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Story for the gods
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by Etogist: 8:59am On Feb 23, 2017
"I think the contractors have been mobilised once again and so they will get back to work."

He's not even sure. When it comes to southeast it becomes politics. I'm tired of this hide and seek game with second Niger bridge. Mad people everywhere.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by Kingsley1000(m): 9:05am On Feb 23, 2017
they should also rehabilitate all our federal roads....i think Apc is now working
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by erico2k2(m): 9:09am On Feb 23, 2017
sarrki:

When we blame past administration you guys will

Call we the progressives all sort of names

We are made to believe that the bridge is nearing completion then

Thank you muhammadu Buhari

Long live Mr president

Oga wrote down the amount and date down in your diary . We will need it 2019
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by mapet: 9:15am On Feb 23, 2017
sirfemoz:
Thought we were told that work has started already there sometime ago. And this news is telling us that they are mobilising. Before June, another news will have it that the contractors have moved in to site. APC actually made lies and propaganda very cheap.

You were told work has started on the bridge by who? Are you so dumb not to read or listen to news, yet rely only what "you are told"? your hero did not pay contractors and they abandoned site. Your hero visited the site and was shown only the drawing/plans yet campaigned with the same bridge after 5years of promise

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by mapet: 9:18am On Feb 23, 2017
WOCKHARDI:
The bridge Easterners need with the rest of the country is Restructuring and True Fiscal Federalism not the over hyped "second Niger bridge ". Who is kidding who.

That is why easterners like you are accussed of not "knowing" what they truly want. One time it is the cry for Biafra; another time it is Restructuring and Fiscal Federalism (junk Wiesel words) and another it is the second Niger Bridge. Now Contractors are mobilised to site on the 2NB, yet to you easterners do not need it............
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by bishop4life(m): 9:24am On Feb 23, 2017
PassingShot:

Just to educate you:

1. A country which fights and exposes corrupt practices such as Dasuki's, Diezani's, Alex Badeh's, Akpobolokemi's, Andrew Yakubu's etc, will always occupy top position in the ranking.

2. A country which doesn't fight or expose such practices, as we used to have under GEJ, will occupy lower ranking position since TI will rely mostly on hearsay and newspaper report to arrive at their decision.

Some of you need to go get quality education to know how things work.

that ranking may or may not have to do with this government, but bringing Gej into it? that's pathetic.

Now let me tell you that
-some of us don't need education to know that a government fighting corruption with corruption is very corrupt.
-we don't need education to know that a president who gives bribe(or is it "gift"wink ) to judges handling his case is corrupt.
-we don't need education to know that a president who accepts jeeps from corrupt persons like Dasuki is corrupt.
-we don't need education to know that a president who spends our almost unavailable forex for months on a medical tour(sorry I mean medical leave) after budgeting money even more than all the hospital and health centers in his country put together to his aso rock first aid store is corrupt.
-we don't need education to know that a President under whose watchful eyes his citizens are slaughtered in hundreds by his army under some silly excuses like blocking the way of the army chief's convoy is corrupt.
-we don't need education to know that a President under whose watch petroleum exports are not documented for two years is corrupt.
-We don't need education to know that a President under whose watch his citizens are been slaughtered by lybian rabbit rearers while he provides security for same lybians is corrupt.

I don't want to go on but please what some of you need to get is just some conscience. to some extent at least, be human.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by Collins9156(m): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2017
Election in sight
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by bishop4life(m): 9:35am On Feb 23, 2017
mapet:

That is why easterners like you are accussed of not "knowing" what they truly want. One time it is the cry for Biafra; another time it is Restructuring and Fiscal Federalism (junk Wiesel words) and another it is the second Niger Bridge. Now Contractors are mobilised to site on the 2NB, yet to you easterners do not need it............

wonder why APC pay some unintelligent persons like you to come and worsen their problems. so restructuring Nigeria while projects progress is an unattainable feat?
go back to bed , you need some medical rest like your boss .
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by sirfemoz(m): 9:43am On Feb 23, 2017
mapet:

You were told work has started on the bridge by who? Are you so dumb not to read or listen to news, yet rely only what "you are told"? your hero did not pay contractors and they abandoned site. Your hero visited the site and was shown only the drawing/plans yet campaigned with the same bridge after 5years of promise

We are not quarrelling or fighting. Don't take it too personal. Why is APC speaking from both sides of the mouth? You may not know where this Niger bridge is or even walk on it. But you are here over heating ya self.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by immaculatengang(f): 9:54am On Feb 23, 2017
sarrki:

Tsoron

God bless muhammadu Buhari
toh Naji Mallam Sarki.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by Kingspin(m): 10:00am On Feb 23, 2017
Nigeria will be a good country if we learn how to build for development not politics.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by FRANKOSKI(m): 10:21am On Feb 23, 2017
Our country name will be out of there by 2019.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by mapet: 10:22am On Feb 23, 2017
sirfemoz:

We are not quarrelling or fighting. Don't take it too personal. Why is APC speaking from both sides of the mouth? You may not know where this Niger bridge is or even walk on it. But you are here over heating ya self.

Ok Bros,

1. I know where the bridge is
2. I know past leaders even from OBJ to GEJ did absolutely nothing tangible on the bridge
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by sirfemoz(m): 10:28am On Feb 23, 2017
mapet:

Ok Bros,

1. I know where the bridge is
2. I know past leaders even from OBJ to GEJ did absolutely nothing tangible on the bridge

Then let's wait and see if this government will do anything "tangible" according to you on that bridge.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by mapet: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2017
sirfemoz:

Then let's wait and see if this government will do anything "tangible" according to you on that bridge.

If they don't do anything tangible, you and I have the responsibility to bash dem and call for their "heads"
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by chigoizie7(m): 11:09am On Feb 23, 2017
How many times will this keep making FP without proper works going on?
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site by kabawa(m): 11:52am On Feb 23, 2017
immaculatengang:
and na you first comment? Haba Mallam ka ji tsoron Allah

Daganin Rubutun nan naki sai kin yi Zakin murya grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Replicate Seamless Political Transition In Lagos Nationwide, Ekwunife Tells APC / Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' / Police Parade 201 Suspected Looters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.